Weekly Debrief

Which dev’s in charge of tanks at Dice?

Comments

• mf_shro0m
    1752 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElSamuel04 wrote: »

- increase the main ammo to 30 in heavy tank ( since they are slow to get to resupply station and get back to action. Also they are more big and supposed to carry more ammo) and mg to 1000 ( and 750 to medium tank)
    - a specialization that can give the top gunner protected ( and when of hit the turret, the gunner is visible and kil able so you need reapair tank for ripristinate the protection) .
    - increase velocity of mg like Infantry
    - disable turret or tracks when health is below 60%

- increase the main ammo to 30 in heavy tank ( since they are slow to get to resupply station and get back to action. Also they are more big and supposed to carry more ammo) and mg to 1000 ( and 750 to medium tank)

I completely disagree, that’ll just encourage camping

- a specialization that can give the top gunner protected ( and when of hit the turret, the gunner is visible and kil able so you need reapair tank for ripristinate the protection) .

I like this tho and the thing about a spec for track armour
  • mf_shro0m
    1752 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To make tanks a bit more survival their armor would have to be increased while also taking a lot less explosive damage, and most of all assault class taking a direct nerf and you all know damn well DICE aren't going to tinker with their most popular OP class...

It would also be GD nice for the reticle to actually hit where you're aiming in third person...It was magnificent in BF1 hitting exactly where I was aiming MOST of the time, but it is complete crap in BFV.

It’d be better to decrease the multiplier infantry explosives get on tanks because the tank vs tank combat’s in a pretty good place as things are
  • TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    To make tanks a bit more survival their armor would have to be increased while also taking a lot less explosive damage, and most of all assault class taking a direct nerf and you all know damn well DICE aren't going to tinker with their most popular OP class...

It would also be GD nice for the reticle to actually hit where you're aiming in third person...It was magnificent in BF1 hitting exactly where I was aiming MOST of the time, but it is complete crap in BFV.

It’d be better to decrease the multiplier infantry explosives get on tanks because the tank vs tank combat’s in a pretty good place as things are

Well that's mostly because tanks sit back seeing a wider area and it's a lot easier to spot infantry when stationary instead of on the move for sure.

But yeah any kind of nerf to AV weapons in the assault arsenal would be good, there's far too many assault players and all AV launchers are too easy to use.
  • bran1986
    5757 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Tanks are really going to be screwed when medics get antI tank capabilities in the coming weeks.
  • mf_shro0m

But yeah any kind of nerf to AV weapons in the assault arsenal would be good, there's far too many assault players and all AV launchers are too easy to use.

Lol for sure.

Tbh I don’t have an issue with their ease of use. My problem is with a single assault’s potential total AT damage output
  • mf_shro0m
    bran1986 wrote: »
    Tanks are really going to be screwed when medics get antI tank capabilities in the coming weeks.

If they balance it out by reducing the amount of AT weapons each soldier carries by 1 I think that’ll be fair.

• Hawxxeye
    6026 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:

What is your source on that? Also is there anything in store for recon?
  • ElliotLH
    8562 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    bran1986 said:

Have you seen the recent datamines on Reddit yet? Looks like there's so pretty decent stuff coming.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1624 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    LankRich wrote: »
    LankRich said:

To be fair, I think that tanks have the capacity to be quite good, but its how they handle that makes them so useless now.

In previous Battlefields, tank drivers were never scared to take on infantry head on and get stuck in. But all I'm seeing now is an abundance of *****'s who sit at the back of the map, taking pot shots and then heading back to the resupply station to hide. It's infuriating to watch and it makes stagnant, boring games. 

As well as the attrition system, I honestly think the new control layout is whats ruined them and is the biggest difference from BF4 & BF1 to this game- For example the way the turret doesn't keep relative to the direction you're looking at. As a console player, this is one of the biggest drawbacks about using tanks as it is incredibly hard to track targets at close range. I'm wondering if they gave an option to revert back to the previous control layout where the turret remained consistent to where you looked, there would be any difference in the tank gameplay and how people use them

I pretty sure there’s an option to do with whether or not the turret direction and tank direction are linked

If there is, could you tell me? I’ve scoured through the control settings to see if there is anything that can work and I can’t find anything. I can’t remember who’s video it was, but I swear that in the alpha, they had it the way the way it was before, but they changed it to the new layout just before release

I think it is in the advanced gameplay options, an on off switch

I’ll have a look tonight, any idea on what the button/ control is called?

I think it'll be the one called 'Decouple Aiming from Turning'. Down the bottom of Controls - Advanced.

Might also be what MBT_Layzan says above though.
    I'm with you now, yes there is an option to decouple the turret. Got my wires crossed with turret speed. 
  • LankRich
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    LankRich said:
    LankRich said:

To be fair, I think that tanks have the capacity to be quite good, but its how they handle that makes them so useless now.

In previous Battlefields, tank drivers were never scared to take on infantry head on and get stuck in. But all I'm seeing now is an abundance of *****'s who sit at the back of the map, taking pot shots and then heading back to the resupply station to hide. It's infuriating to watch and it makes stagnant, boring games. 

As well as the attrition system, I honestly think the new control layout is whats ruined them and is the biggest difference from BF4 & BF1 to this game- For example the way the turret doesn't keep relative to the direction you're looking at. As a console player, this is one of the biggest drawbacks about using tanks as it is incredibly hard to track targets at close range. I'm wondering if they gave an option to revert back to the previous control layout where the turret remained consistent to where you looked, there would be any difference in the tank gameplay and how people use them

I pretty sure there’s an option to do with whether or not the turret direction and tank direction are linked

If there is, could you tell me? I’ve scoured through the control settings to see if there is anything that can work and I can’t find anything. I can’t remember who’s video it was, but I swear that in the alpha, they had it the way the way it was before, but they changed it to the new layout just before release

Are we talking about the slow turret turn speed?

Because when you use 3rd person, you can look faster around the tank than the turret can turn. Esp on higher sensitivities and there is nothing you can do about this. It's intentional. 
    Yeah you're right, I've just played around with the settings in the practice range and there is nothing you can do to change it- I ******* hate it. It's such a stupid design feature and there should be an option to go back to how it was before
  • ElliotLH
    8562 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    ElliotLH said:

LankRich said:

I think it'll be the one called 'Decouple Aiming from Turning'. Down the bottom of Controls - Advanced.

Might also be what MBT_Layzan says above though.

I'm with you now, yes there is an option to decouple the turret. Got my wires crossed with turret speed. 

Looks like you were right actually dude.
  • ElSamuel04
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i said:

Tank camping is due the fact they are vulnerable to infantry on close range, and lack of ammunitions especially on heavy tank. In a tiger i run with 18 main and 6 heat, in a churcill i run with 16 main and 5 hesh. You are much more dependent on the resupply station, and therefore a heavy tank will tend to camp in any case near one of them.

It also reminds of the low mobility of heavy tanks, they are forced to spend much more time to resupply and become active again in the battlefield. And this is a disadvantage that must be corrected at least by implementing the number of ammunition available (this involves adding 12 main shots and 500 mg).

In breakthrough you do not know how many times I found myself without ammunition in the target area (we were conquering it) and since the infantry needed a tank for the cover I stood there waiting for the conquest despite the pf shots that came to me (luckily I had a gunner inside).
    Also if you want camp with tank you will do it but for players like me, who like attack and play objective with heavy tank (i play only breakthrough) would be nice for gameplay.

Also another point is relative to tank is

- Triplicate almost the repairing points for support class, and incourage them to help tanks. (repairing points are too low, most of the time you will repair by good people that they know the situation on tanks)

• bran1986
    5757 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:

In the data mine threads on reddit. Some of the assignments have been leaked. One of them is for medics to do X amount of damage to vehicles using the Tromboncino Carbine's grenade launcher. The only thing is have seen for scout is the 1917 American Enfield and a Polish SLR Karabin 1938m. There is also a double barrel flare pistol that works like the regular spotting flare gun but the alternate firing mode allows you to blind opponents like in Bf1. Not sure if this is coming to the base game or that 5 v 5 mode.
  • mf_shro0m
    ElSamuel04 wrote: »
    y_j_es_i said:

Tank camping is due the fact they are vulnerable to infantry on close range, and lack of ammunitions especially on heavy tank. In a tiger i run with 18 main and 6 heat, in a churcill i run with 16 main and 5 hesh. You are much more dependent on the resupply station, and therefore a heavy tank will tend to camp in any case near one of them.

It also reminds of the low mobility of heavy tanks, they are forced to spend much more time to resupply and become active again in the battlefield. And this is a disadvantage that must be corrected at least by implementing the number of ammunition available (this involves adding 12 main shots and 500 mg).

In breakthrough you do not know how many times I found myself without ammunition in the target area (we were conquering it) and since the infantry needed a tank for the cover I stood there waiting for the conquest despite the pf shots that came to me (luckily I had a gunner inside).
    Also if you want camp with tank you will do it but for players like me, who like attack and play objective with heavy tank (i play only breakthrough) would be nice for gameplay.
    Also another point is relative to tank is
    - Triplicate almost the repairing points for support class, and incourage them to help tanks. (repairing points are too low, most of the time you will repair by good people that they know the situation on tanks)

You know what, I’m with you on that

• PvtJohnTowle
    949 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ghos7bear wrote: »
    Probably noone as there's likely 2.5 people working on the game at this point.

Is minime working at DICE now?
  • mf_shro0m
    ghos7bear wrote: »
    Probably noone as there's likely 2.5 people working on the game at this point.

Is minime working at DICE now?

No he was outside of their budget so they hired an unknown lookalike
  • Marine_IraHayes2
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Huntbang said:

Cropulus said:

Thinks he speaks about destroying tanks with his mines. You think that is where we need to go with tanks? Easily 70-1??? I do not think that is where we should go and I can understand why tankers think tanks are bad... If the base should be 70-1 then there is no real reason to debate this as far as I am concerned

Easily 70-1 is a gross exaggeration even at the ideal circumstances.However it is a fact that we have gone from:*Bleep* an enemy tank!to*Bleep* an enemy assault! I will become his free points!

True it was usually mid 60s, 80-0 being my highest on conquest. My point is tanks in bfv suck. In bf1 the most skilled tankers were rewarded heavily but here even with some practice I suck! :( 1 heavy rocket from infantry and I'm already at 60 health l, with a tiger tank!

It's depends on map. On some maps you can get more kills and on some
    maps you get less kills. In BF1 you have less kills but you have much more influence
    on round. Now in BF5 you have more kills but your influence on round/battle is
    reduced. In Bf1 I don't drive tank too often but If I took tank I could change
    course of round and win. Maybe I was good? IDK. But I remember one guy. Beast. Kaytec89 (Best regards)  Now I can get 50 kills->win round and I can get
    50 kills and lose round. I always try to push, kill every tank on map but when
    my team is bad I can't do more.

When you have above 40-0 enemy assaults start to
    hunt you. Also many players report your account   and say that you are
    cheater.

Which tank you use when you break 80? And what
    kind of map? Huge score. I think killstreak above 80 is a kind of luck. You have skills to do this but a lot of other things must fit together.y_j_es_i said:

Huntbang wrote: »

Cropulus said:

Thinks he speaks about destroying tanks with his mines. You think that is where we need to go with tanks? Easily 70-1??? I do not think that is where we should go and I can understand why tankers think tanks are bad... If the base should be 70-1 then there is no real reason to debate this as far as I am concerned

Easily 70-1 is a gross exaggeration even at the ideal circumstances.However it is a fact that we have gone from:*Bleep* an enemy tank!to*Bleep* an enemy assault! I will become his free points!

True it was usually mid 60s, 80-0 being my highest on conquest. My point is tanks in bfv suck. In bf1 the most skilled tankers were rewarded heavily but here even with some practice I suck! :( 1 heavy rocket from infantry and I'm already at 60 health l, with a tiger tank!

I tank sometimes and ngl it sucks for everyone else (except maybe some people on your team) when people in vehicles are going more than 40-1. You know how people were all complaining about JU-88s demolishing teams and going like 80-1 or 100-1? It’s like that. That’s just too far

The tanks right now are too vulnerable at close range and Dice need to find the Goldilocks zone

I think it's +- OK now. How many times did you meet good tanker? Really good. This happens very rarely. One
    mistake, hesitate, wrong decision and you die in tank really quickly.

I didn’t really play BFI. In BFV 80% of tankers just camp and snipe from afar and they all look just like noobs who’re trying to pad their KD.
    I can beat most tankers in a one on one but every once in a while someone I meet does something smart. That doesnt happen much

You’ve never crossed my path then.
  • mf_shro0m
    Huntbang said:

Cropulus said:

maps you get less kills. In BF1 you have less kills but you have much more influence
    course of round and win. Maybe I was good? IDK. But I remember one guy. Beast. Kaytec89 (Best regards)  Now I can get 50 kills->win round and I can get

cheater.

kind of map? Huge score. I think killstreak above 80 is a kind of luck. You have skills to do this but a lot of other things must fit together.y_j_es_i said:

Cropulus said:

I tank sometimes and ngl it sucks for everyone else (except maybe some people on your team) when people in vehicles are going more than 40-1. You know how people were all complaining about JU-88s demolishing teams and going like 80-1 or 100-1? It’s like that. That’s just too far

The tanks right now are too vulnerable at close range and Dice need to find the Goldilocks zone

I think it's +- OK now. How many times did you meet good tanker? Really good. This happens very rarely. One

I didn’t really play BFI. In BFV 80% of tankers just camp and snipe from afar and they all look just like noobs who’re trying to pad their KD.
    I can beat most tankers in a one on one but every once in a while someone I meet does something smart. That doesnt happen much

Oh so you’re one of the campers huh? Shame on you
    😉
  • Marine_IraHayes2
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Huntbang said:

Cropulus said:

cheater.

Cropulus said:

Oh so you’re one of the campers huh? Shame on you
    😉

HeHe
    Hey it’s your story...tell it the way you want.
  • hawkseye17
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    1 guy probably. 2 on a lucky day