Which dev’s in charge of tanks at Dice?

Comments

• ProAssassin2003
    3241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tanks are still a Joke. Now when I zoom in I get a Black screen. DICE have not fallen off the cliff they jumped off it.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Uhm the blackscreen is there since realease. Apparently it can't be fixed... by DICE.
  • l337RAGE
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Idk about everyone else but as it stands I feel the supposed 15% damage buff has been removed. Jumped in an abandoned Valentine (no upgrades) before and bodyshots were doing 70 damage. 70 f***ing damage! I like the reduction in splash damage but you should be rewarded for landing shots. (Judging by the consistent 70 hits I reckon I was). Also dusting has been a major issue for me ever since the firestorm update. Once again if you see a shell explode on a plane and don't do damage you can assume you hit the lucky bugger :/
  • maexturbo
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tanks need a buff, they are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to easy to get rid of. 1 or 2 assault players and any tank is rip. They dont spawn often enough and when they spawn and you are lucky to get into one, then you have fun for 1-2 mins until someone blows you up. And no i dont suck at them, been playing tanks since BF2 and never had such a bad experience playinng them until now.
  • l337RAGE
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    maexturbo said:
    Tanks need a buff, they are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to easy to get rid of. 1 or 2 assault players and any tank is rip. They dont spawn often enough and when they spawn and you are lucky to get into one, then you have fun for 1-2 mins until someone blows you up. And no i dont suck at them, been playing tanks since BF2 and never had such a bad experience playinng them until now.
    I would say your experience may be the problem. I am not the most skilled player but have adapted to BFV pretty well. Tanks are just too weak to be used like they were back in BF4 etc. Unfortunately staying back slightly from the cap and covering the infantry is much more effective. Infantry don't fear tanks tanks now fear infantry and now every second in a tank is spent thinking about where the enemy is, how many squads have I got hunting me and how much longer can I fight before I need ammo. Gone are the days of parking at the flagpole as you and your gunner destroy everything that moves. By BF4 standards I am a camper, but in BFV I am in between the hill humpers 500m away and the n00bs rushing straight in forgetting their tank is actually a paper Tiger
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar said:
    Classic BF5. Tank is more scared of infantry than infantry is scared of a tank. I mean the poor thing is running for it's life after taking  good 40-45 damage in a single hit while infantry can survive a blast right next to them.
    Wish I got 40 or 45 hit damage with the piat.  Sad I have to hit it twice and still throw two TNT sticks on it. There was a time I almost was ready to toss a tank grenade as well.  That's a bit much compared to other titles.  Heck I think BF3 only took like 3 c4 sticks to pop a tank.  1943 I believe it took less then that as well.  Also the maps are so large and we only get like two tank mines.  They don't go far either. Not like other games were the entire map was peppered with mines.  Tanks got auto repair and if they got a friend using repair tool its crazy to take them out unless a bomber hits it or a cannon from far away.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MrDtimes2 said:
    I love playing with tanks in BFV!

I know of a sneakier trick with tanks and support.  Just throw down a ammo box in a narrow choke point road and toss two tank mines in it.  Easy peasy lemon squeezy.  I tried this with betties as well on Fjell. Bad part is betties float up to the top of the box.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the whole repair tool is backwards and broken. It should fix disables from outside the tank, but it should have an overheat. The whole having another person fix a tank prone or whatever makes the tank so broken and ruins the fun. It's almost pointless taking them on on maps like Aerodrome and not much better in other maps either. They soak up so much damage so quick, you can't even out deal them with tank rounds. 
  • maexturbo
    maexturbo said:
    I would say your experience may be the problem. I am not the most skilled player but have adapted to BFV pretty well. Tanks are just too weak to be used like they were back in BF4 etc. Unfortunately staying back slightly from the cap and covering the infantry is much more effective. Infantry don't fear tanks tanks now fear infantry and now every second in a tank is spent thinking about where the enemy is, how many squads have I got hunting me and how much longer can I fight before I need ammo. Gone are the days of parking at the flagpole as you and your gunner destroy everything that moves. By BF4 standards I am a camper, but in BFV I am in between the hill humpers 500m away and the n00bs rushing straight in forgetting their tank is actually a paper Tiger
    Battlefield used to be based on vehicles and not infantry only. But Battlefield has become a infantry grinder since BF1. I might aswell play games like CoD if i want to bunny hop around wrecking everything that moves by hip firing any gun i can carry. BF1 and BF5 are pure trash how they are rn. I went back to BF3 and im suprised how good this game still works. It actually hurts you when you just rush into enemies, you dont blow up everything in no time - it actually requires teamplay to win. Dice has been milking the franchise over the years and havent been publishing a good game in ~6 years.

Profit  thinking > quality thinking is what made BF5 what it is now.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    Two piat shells and two TNT sticks.  Also that other friendly tank shooting at it.  I think tanks got plenty of armor.

• ackers75
    2278 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    https://xboxclips.com/GRAW2ROBZ/801c0bb2-84db-4b3f-a938-2b8d6f184de7
    Two piat shells and two TNT sticks.  Also that other friendly tank shooting at it.  I think tanks got plenty of armor.

They won’t be happy until they are invincible pal.
  • maexturbo
    ackers75 said:

Has nothing to do with that. Remain silent if you have no constructive critism to share.

Armor doesnt equal survivability. If a tank is meant to sit back at base to snipe because you get melted in seconds if you dont, then they might aswell remove them completely.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 said:
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »

Many tankers are not happy because the tank game play sucks, it's got nothing to do with being invincible. I have got the highest k/d in tanks in BFV than any other BF game I've tanked in, and it's still going up. It's been the easiest to achieve, also the most boring. 

Infantry scream at me in game, because I tank how this game has been designed, and it was many of those idiots protests that took tanks to this point from previous games feedback and cries. This is what we have now. I don't think many infantry like how tanks are, let alone tankers. This game rewards hill camping with support prone = profit. Over PTFO with support of your team. Hows that right?   
  • Pyr0Plazma
    375 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 26
    Tanks themselves are mostly fine (other than some specialization/trees needing to be looked at). Real issue is the overpowered and as a result overabundance of assaults running around. Just fix the assault class (which won't happen in this game) and the tanks will mostly be fine (although the top gunners seat shouldn't be a death sentence). 
    Post edited by Pyr0Plazma on
  • ackers75
    2278 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    maexturbo wrote: »
    ackers75 said:

Has nothing to do with that. Remain silent if you have no constructive critism to share.

Armor doesnt equal survivability. If a tank is meant to sit back at base to snipe because you get melted in seconds if you dont, then they might aswell remove them completely.

Nothing wrong with tanks at all!

Can’t use them, don’t get in them
  • MBT_Layzan
    ackers75 said:Nothing wrong with tanks at all!

Tanks are suffering big time right now with hit detection and hit registration. It's common place now.

Also, for months people would like to know why vehicles spawn and they can't even see them appear as a slot. Why they are met with a red error message when they do, and why they can't customise when they have the vehicle because it can be taken from them while they do. 

The tanks also suffer from a bug where you fire, and then have a delayed fire effect, or double shot but the second is a ghost round.  

Tanks also suffer from a multitude of graphical glitches, black screen, under the map when you spawn, and sound problems when they enter things like plane hangers. 

Many people believe as I do that the tiger has too fewer tank rounds. Many tank options are redundant, pointless to use. 

There's a bug with depots where they show up on the map as destroyed when they are not. 

I've noted a bug where I completed a repair cycle and I'm still disabled.

Glancing hits come off more RNG than skill based.      
  • MBT_Layzan
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

Yea, the heavy tanks got that armour buff. I don't use heavies, is the armour buff that useful in close quarters?
  • maexturbo
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

Armor doesnt equal surviability
  • maexturbo
    ackers75 said:
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »

Many tankers are not happy because the tank game play sucks, it's got nothing to do with being invincible. I have got the highest k/d in tanks in BFV than any other BF game I've tanked in, and it's still going up. It's been the easiest to achieve, also the most boring. 

Infantry scream at me in game, because I tank how this game has been designed, and it was many of those idiots protests that took tanks to this point from previous games feedback and cries. This is what we have now. I don't think many infantry like how tanks are, let alone tankers. This game rewards hill camping with support prone = profit. Over PTFO with support of your team. Hows that right?   
    ^ THIS
  • Hawxxeye
    5205 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Tanks themselves are mostly fine (other than some specialization/trees needing to be looked at). Real issue is the overpowered and as a result overabundance of assaults running around. Just fix the assault class (which one happen in this game) and the tanks will mostly be fine (although the top gunners seat shouldn't be a death sentence). 
    One of the main problems of most tanks is that their defense against nearby infantry is supposed to be done by the top gunner which is the most exposed and easy target to hit in the game (and it also did not really happen irl cause the real soldiers were not stupid enough to take such a suicidal role).
    If the tanks had a protected 360 MG on the top then they would had been a lot more viable at objective play.