Weekly Debrief

Graphics downgrade justified?

Realsoccerdude
48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Substantial downgrade of textures,lightening,sun glare,trees,pixels count,overall graphics since last 2 patch ...why? Minor changes are acceptable but why such a big downgrade? Most of maps feel rubbish now..
What do others think? I am on base ps4

Comments

• IDazzlerazzle
    434 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What downgrade lul 
  • Realsoccerdude
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am sure of what i said. Graphics have changed for worse since last 2 patches.
  • WetFishDB
    1989 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am sure of what i said. Graphics have changed for worse since last 2 patches.
    No change whatsoever from my perspective.  Graphics appear exactly as they were across all releases.
  • full951
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    is your console over heating?
  • Realsoccerdude
    Nope. I am a Engineer + graphic designer(3D max+Vray).
    I am 100% sure that quality of trees,lightening has been downgraded since 2 patches. They also introduced this sunet tint which occurs on Arras as a part of ligh cycle changes since last 2 patches(the patch right before firestorm).

The quality of lightening affects graphics.

• Tullzter
    1092 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    He is right, textures (in trees at least) have definitely changed..you can basically count the pixels on some foliage now, texture pop in also is taking a long time. At spawn, all teammates are in the grey drab and character movement is disabled..it takes a while to finally have their textures and colors loaded..i definitely noticed a change post patch
  • Realsoccerdude
    The sun glare quality has also been nerfed. Not that i cared for sun glare except flying planes but it affects overall lightening and reflection,shadows too.
  • dcs500
    1415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The low sun on Aerodrome seems a lot more overpowering than it used to be, as for graphics, can't say Ive noticed any downgrade, but I'm usually too busy looking for invisible players to notice.
  • Leetch002_mtdrh
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I enjoy hunting predator when I join games.  
  • IDazzlerazzle
    434 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tullzter said:
    He is right, textures (in trees at least) have definitely changed..you can basically count the pixels on some foliage now, texture pop in also is taking a long time. At spawn, all teammates are in the grey drab and character movement is disabled..it takes a while to finally have their textures and colors loaded..i definitely noticed a change post patch
    Thats a LOD glitch been there since game launched
  • Realsoccerdude
    What do others think about this?
  • mattd3162014
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What do others think about this?
    They have 100 percent positively gotten worse have you seen the enemy players on hamada and a few other maps turn completely grey or black and float across the screen or large blacks flickering boxes  when there are some explosions and also the sky flickering black?Someone posted a video of it on here and also Jack frags had a video of the sky having black lines running though it on a firestorm video.These devs have not even addressed any of this once.I havent played this game in about a month because of all the issues

• Trokey66
    8382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nope, no difference for me but then I'm old......
  • Realsoccerdude
    edited April 24
    We are being *violation removed*. The technical team feels justified to downgrade the gfx to include more features such as artillery strikes,better f.p.s as it requires RAM and processing power.
    But does this kind of adjustment make the game play better?
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • Realsoccerdude
    I wouldnt be surprised if the technical team takes out a mean average of all the issues and makes such adjustments (in turn messing up with every aspect od the game)
    For example if they think that f.p.s drops are high or they need more artillery strikes in a shorter time span etc then to make up for the speed and processing power they have to downgrade the graphics.
    They had done similar thing with levolution on bf 4. They try to add features that cannot run on a system and to then they make adjustments that affect all the aspects of the game.

Its like 1 step forward and 2 step backwards :|
  • mattd3162014
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Here is proof of some graphical glitches since that last patch had never seen this before then.https://youtu.be/-2IpL-1jfpc
  • mattd3162014
    That video is from a players post just below this one and its proof they have once again gave us more bugs than fixes in the last patch as usual.
  • Trokey66
    8382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That video is from a players post just below this one and its proof they have once again gave us more bugs than fixes in the last patch as usual.

Not really proof of 'further downgrades' though is it.

I have seen the Men in Grey at the start of a round since the beginning.
    I also regularly play with the guy who posted that vid.
  • mattd3162014
    Trokey66 said:

Not really proof of 'further downgrades' though is it.

I have seen the Men in Grey at the start of a round since the beginning.
    I also regularly play with the guy who posted that vid.
    I have never seen this happening even once since the game released.But if your saying it has been there since release this is just further proof that the devs could not be bothered fixing broken mechanics that have been in the game since day 1.
  • Trokey66
    Oh dear.....