Weekly Debrief

"BFV is lacking content"

Comments

• aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    there is a lie ,  big lie and then statistics, just to quote famous statesman.
     OP you can throw any numbers you want, but the  fact remain obvious- bfv lacks quality content. yes, quality is a key word here.

Maps are designed badly, vehicles  physics is atrocious compared to previous games, gunplay is complitely off in class-balance aspect.
    In order to actually enjoy game players have severely limited option compared to bf1- too few good maps, too few good guns.

I mean, opinions are opinions right? Whos to say that the content isn't quality? What makes the maps so "boring?" I can understand a few maps being boring because they don't fit your playstyle (some maps don't have vehicles while others almost require vehicles). But to blanket the entire game's content as "boring" is a little short sighted isn't it? How are vehicle physics attrocious? The only difference I can tell is the shell speed, but that seems relatively normal for tanks anyways. I do agree that gun balance is extremely off. Assault has too many tools at their disposal. But there's a patch coming for that within the next month or so (they announced a change for this back in February) and it might be coming the same patch as Medics getting carbines.
    I think gun balance is one of the biggest issues. 3 hit kills dominate this game. The ability to shoot faster than a sniper, kill faster than a sniper (if they miss the head the first shot), and do it at any range is really overkill. And to make it worse, Assaults are the only ones that have access to these guns. TTK needs to be looked at. Other than that, I find most of BFV's experiences to be pretty alright. I just don't have enough time to play like I used to lol.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    HuwJarz said:
    Sorry - I though that you were 'in the industry'; software development? That is what you told us all in a another post earlier today or yesterday. Now it seems you are at school. I'm not sure what is true anymore. Which is it?
    To address your question.  I was simply responding to the fact the you said the thread had been derailed. You please feel free to take your time in responding. I'm not sure what they are teaching in schools these days, but  can find it difficult to fathom that you are struggling to understand the points I made. I only made two posts in his thread.

For clarity:  The first one contained my main points stating that your content analogy was laughable and explaining why. The second post summarised my argument. They are on the 3rd page of this thread.  Just in case you need a recap: I made the point that guaranteed DLC map content is a game changer, and your BS about a tank being like a map is a woeful 6th grade argument that is frankly irrelevant.

I also made the point that drip feeding DLC is a very different proposition from bulk promised DLC in terms of player engagement. I'm genuinely interested to hear how the drip fed content and lack of promise of future meaningful game changing content in BFV can be compared guaranteed full blown DLC's with multiple maps and self contained weapons and vehicles. 

Please help me understand. I love hearing from people 'in the industry' 

You position yourself as an expert. Please enlighten us.

I'm not going down this rabbit hole.

• TropicPoison
    2416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    aRrAyStArTaT0 said:

HuwJarz said:
    My response to you is bang on topic. Why don't you address the points I made in my post, or are you just going to ignore them now? 
    I was away doing life things (School and projects) for the past 24 hours. Sorry I couldn't answer right away. I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of tempted to ignore them because you're so upset that I didn't respond in 2 hours at 1am
    .Which points were you talking about? You've also said a lot in this thread and I want to make sure I respond to what you want me to.

Remember this thread? 

http://https//forums.battlefield.com/EN-US/discussion/185094/why-have-the-dice-devs-been-so-lazy-with-battlefield-5/p2

Here is what you said:

aRrAyStArTaT0 said:

You're really making a great case for yourself in being liked lol. "Corporate overlords" for just doing what their bosses tell them to lmao. I'm in the industry. I know what I'm talking about.

Sorry - I though that you were 'in the industry'; software development? That is what you told us all in a another post earlier today or yesterday. Now it seems you are at school. I'm not sure what is true anymore. Which is it? 

To address your question.  I was simply responding to the fact the you said the thread had been derailed. You please feel free to take your time in responding. I'm not sure what they are teaching in schools these days, but  can find it difficult to fathom that you are struggling to understand the points I made.

I only made two posts in his thread.

For clarity:  The first one contained my main points stating that your content analogy was laughable and explaining why. The second post summarised my argument. They are on the 3rd page of this thread.  Just in case you need a recap:

I made the point that guaranteed DLC map content is a game changer, and your BS about a tank being like a map is a woeful 6th grade argument that is frankly irrelevant.

I also made the point that drip feeding DLC is a very different proposition from bulk promised DLC in terms of player engagement.

I'm genuinely interested to hear how the drip fed content and lack of promise of future meaningful game changing content in BFV can be compared guaranteed full blown DLC's with multiple maps and self contained weapons and vehicles. 

Please help me understand. I love hearing from people 'in the industry' 

You position yourself as an expert. Please enlighten us.

You didn't have to drop a V2 on their head, good post.
  • HuwJarz
    3886 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lol. 

No - thought you wouldn't.

She advice. If yiu want to maintain credibility, at least try to keep your stories consistent. I guess we are done here. 
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
     OP you can throw any numbers you want, but the  fact remain obvious- bfv lacks quality content. yes, quality is a key word here.

Maps are designed badly, vehicles  physics is atrocious compared to previous games, gunplay is complitely off in class-balance aspect.
    In order to actually enjoy game players have severely limited option compared to bf1- too few good maps, too few good guns.

Aerodome on Breakthrough is the worst map I might have seen in any BF game^^
  • aRrAyStArTaT0

I actually quite like that map. I play recon mostly so it's hard for me not to.
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lol op is trying to defend a dying game :D

Actually it isnt dying on Xbox but instead growing the amount of new players coming to the game. With the level cap being low and I still run into a great mix of level 0-50 it shows that this game at least on xbox in America is still having some growth and when future content comes out and the game is running in a better shape it may make this game a fairly popular title.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0

Actually it isnt dying on Xbox but instead growing the amount of new players coming to the game. With the level cap being low and I still run into a great mix of level 0-50 it shows that this game at least on xbox in America is still having some growth and when future content comes out and the game is running in a better shape it may make this game a fairly popular title.
    What's sad is that "defending" = having an opinion that's different from the common "BFV is a dead game" narrative. It's really sad that we can't have a conversation or even an opinion on a subject without it resorting to playground taunts and moderation stepping in. They've already had to step in once. They'll likely have to again.
  • EA_Rtas
    393 postsMember, EA Staff, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Moderator, Battlefield V
    Let's cool it off with the arguing please. Keep this on topic.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2905 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Yeah because some low recon wouldn't even know what map he is playing while sitting miles behind any objective and getting 2-3 kills a game. How can you even judge a quality of the map if you never play on them properly.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

What's sad is that "defending" = having an opinion that's different from the common "BFV is a dead game" narrative. It's really sad that we can't have a conversation or even an opinion on a subject without it resorting to playground taunts and moderation stepping in. They've already had to step in once. They'll likely have to again.
    I think we can agree that you and me have very different opinions about this Game and the companies behind it but up to now we discussed it in a civil manner. And i will continue that. So back to the topic:

The lack of Content is also this obvious because the core game itself lacks what i would call the " Battlefield Spirit ". That thrill and and excitement to join a server - no matter if alone or with your friends - and witness a spectacle without having COD like fast past runa nd gun action. Standing on a hilltop and witnessing all that hilarious situations. Call it Battlefield moments maybe. I rarely had them here. And neither seem they to be a thing on Youtube etc like years ago.
    The Devs of the former titles seemed to have at least a certain vision, it was clear from the start where the Game is heading and almost everything in the Game was covered by that concept. In BF V its the absolute opposite. Not only have you the feeling that everyone did his part without somebody connecting it, you also have the feeling that they started everyday new and totally forgot what they were working on the day before.
    And yes i think we can witness in many parts of the Gameplay that this Game was designed around Firestorm and not Conquest/Rush etc.
  • RichardSinerface
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What good are more maps if they are filled with the same players? What good are new weapons when cheaters still just kill you with one shot from anywhere? What good are new vehicles when you have players who ONLY spawn in them and keep the rest of their team from ever getting to use a vehicle?

Content is great, but the fundamental issues with this game mean that no amount of new content is going to bring players back. IF they fixed the serious and numerous issues with the game THEN new content would be great.
    Until the issues are fixed content doesn't matter. And don't give me the bogus line of 'different teams do different things'. OK great, then make the FIX PUBG (oops BF5) team bigger and the new content team smaller until it is sorted out.

Also Mods, i like how you defend the OP and let his personal insults slide :)
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13091 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Also Mods, i like how you defend the OP and let his personal insults slide :)
    Report the posts that are in violation and they will be dealt with.

Don't discuss moderation however,  You know full well what the outcome of that is.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

What's that, you have player count number for this game? Share your source please.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0

Yeah because some low recon wouldn't even know what map he is playing while sitting miles behind any objective and getting 2-3 kills a game. How can you even judge a quality of the map if you never play on them properly.
    Who's to judge "properly"? Who's even to judge how I play a game based off what class I choose? Who are you to judge someone else based off how they play?
  • Fas7Eddi3
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    While guns are nice, its the maps that lack content. We used ti get premium. 3 or 4 new maps every 3 or 4 months. We arent even close to that anymore. If there isnt new maps the game can get boring.