This Week in Battlefield V

"BFV is lacking content"

Comments

  • SirBobdk
    4065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have to stop edit my posts. This eating filter is really annoying.
  • Marksman5147_ALT
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Trokey66 said:


    Marksman5147_ALT wrote: »
    Yet the games still trash, dice still doesnt care about their players, Firestorms garbage looting/inventory/armor system somehow got approved? RSP wont happen, and the game has 1/4th the playerbase that BF4/BF1 had at the same time post launch (inb4 a mod deletes this comment for me exposing the super secret low player count Dice wont show you)



    And your evidence for this is....?


    Naturally there can be no evidence, at best we can roughly estimate player numbers. It is fair to assume though, that BFV is not a very popular game in terms of player count. At least for a AAA-title. DICE/EA also does not need to publish any numbers, so no harm done here. Something I have watched in the last weeks is the server count for Europe since the inclusion of Firestorm and, as expected, the number of available servers increased at low traffic times. BR seems to have drawn some Firestorm players to the core game, or to make some players come back to the base game.
    What you can see in this threa though is the overwhelming negativity towards the game's state since release, which is not unvalidated at all. I have not seen anything like this before, especially since the game is okayish. There are a lot of things that people get really heated about and that is indeed mostly in DICE/EA's responsibility. Which is a shame really.

    Nope I have evidence from an EA employee, can tell you the exact player count from Jan 20th. Game has 1/4th the playerbase BF4/BF1 had at their respective times.
  • PackersDK
    757 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    That some guy told you does not constitute evidence. It’s not a matter of believing you or not, but it simply doesn’t. 
  • Marksman5147_ALT
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Yet the games still trash, dice still doesnt care about their players, Firestorms garbage looting/inventory/armor system somehow got approved? RSP wont happen, and the game has 1/4th the playerbase that BF4/BF1 had at the same time post launch (inb4 a mod deletes this comment for me exposing the super secret low player count Dice wont show you)

    And your evidence for this is....?

    Nope I have evidence from an EA employee, can tell you the exact player count from Jan 20th. Game has 1/4th the playerbase BF4/BF1 had at their respective times.

    If you wanna sit in denial and be a shitter sure, doesnt change the fact that each week the game was losing 10% of its playerbase upwards of 15% depending on week. And that on Janurary 20th PC had a peak of 31,000 players all month haha.
  • StarscreamUK
    7283 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Yet the games still trash, dice still doesnt care about their players, Firestorms garbage looting/inventory/armor system somehow got approved? RSP wont happen, and the game has 1/4th the playerbase that BF4/BF1 had at the same time post launch (inb4 a mod deletes this comment for me exposing the super secret low player count Dice wont show you)

    And your evidence for this is....?

    Nope I have evidence from an EA employee, can tell you the exact player count from Jan 20th. Game has 1/4th the playerbase BF4/BF1 had at their respective times.

    If you wanna sit in denial and be a *violation* sure, doesnt change the fact that each week the game was losing 10% of its playerbase upwards of 15% depending on week. And that on Janurary 20th PC had a peak of 31,000 players all month haha.
    You have evidence?  No, you don't. because we should believe you why, because you say so?  Btw you got actioned for profanity, nothing else

  • Trokey66
    8360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Yet the games still trash, dice still doesnt care about their players, Firestorms garbage looting/inventory/armor system somehow got approved? RSP wont happen, and the game has 1/4th the playerbase that BF4/BF1 had at the same time post launch (inb4 a mod deletes this comment for me exposing the super secret low player count Dice wont show you)

    And your evidence for this is....?

    Nope I have evidence from an EA employee, can tell you the exact player count from Jan 20th. Game has 1/4th the playerbase BF4/BF1 had at their respective times.

    If you wanna sit in denial and be a shitter sure, doesnt change the fact that each week the game was losing 10% of its playerbase upwards of 15% depending on week. And that on Janurary 20th PC had a peak of 31,000 players all month haha.

    Show us this evidence then.
  • ackers75
    2390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lacking uk servers too now!

    I guess this is what live service means
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 said:
    Lacking uk servers too now!

    I guess this is what live service means
    If you're lacking servers, it is 100% because players aren't active near you. Servers boot up when there's demand on modes there's demand for.
  • RayD_O1
    514 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How come there were  a dozen fully populated UK servers on a daily basis before they disappeared. ?
  • Llordus
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm kind of unsure as to how people feel like there's a lack of content here. There's MORE content in this game than ever. More customization. More guns. More everything except maps. BF1 launched with 9 maps and 6 modes. BFV launched with 8 maps and has had more content dropped in identical time periods over BF1.
    .
    It's difficult for me to see that it's literally not maps anymore. It's something else. Requesting this is not very good of you guys as a community.
    .

    More customization - I don't care.
    More guns - comparing to BF1? maybe yes. Problem of BFV is, half of weapons are just ordinary reskins of BF1 weapons - never expected such laziness from Dice. And comparing to older BF3/4 or even BFBC2 - I guess still lower than in the past.
    More everything except maps - what if I don't care about anything except maps?
    What if the game is barely playable, because the only truly interesting mode for me is Rush - and in BFV I have to play Breakthrough as the closest one to rush, yet still worse? And I don't care any other modes at all - they can be or they can be not, no difference to me.

    Problem with BF V is, that EA/DICE totaly ignored their unique selling points of BFV, and they focused on doing the game for everyone, attempting to steal CoD players from Acti/Bliz. They spreaded they resources for so many things, that none of them can be prepared properly, with required amount of care, and  most of them is totally unnecessary (i.e. shoorting range, coop).
    That's also the reason we are getting some new "mode" every few weeks for few weeks, as part of "living service". It is just easy and cheap to edit a map, edit its playable area and just make code to calculate result in different way. Making a new map - it way time and resource consuming. Another lack of proper care for a living service.

    And I can totaly say, that BF V is the least popular of all Battlefields since BFBC2 - when I really started to play its multiplayer. Over the years, I gathered few dozens of people in my Origin, mostly cause we played together Battlefield.
    Since Apex Legends release - most of BF core players switched to it. Some others switched to Division or similar things. There are only few people still playing BF V, but it is more like 2 days per week, while it used to be 5-7 days a week in previous ones.

    Don't need any other proof to see the game is dying way sooner than anyone expected. And lack of PROPER content is one of key root causes of this situation.
  • ElliotLH
    8376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 said:
    Lacking uk servers too now!



    I guess this is what live service means

    If you're lacking servers, it is 100% because players aren't active near you. Servers boot up when there's demand on modes there's demand for.

    Braddock confirmed that was not the case in a different thread: "From our Dev team, it appears that the Data Center for both London and Ohio (Central US) were disabled to reduce matchmaking time".
  • Titan_Awaken
    727 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    ackers75 said:
    Lacking uk servers too now!



    I guess this is what live service means

    If you're lacking servers, it is 100% because players aren't active near you. Servers boot up when there's demand on modes there's demand for.

    Braddock confirmed that was not the case in a different thread: "From our Dev team, it appears that the Data Center for both London and Ohio (Central US) were disabled to reduce matchmaking time".
    Is it me or does that seem a little ironic? 
  • ackers75
    2390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 said:
    Lacking uk servers too now!



    I guess this is what live service means

    If you're lacking servers, it is 100% because players aren't active near you. Servers boot up when there's demand on modes there's demand for.

    Nope that is not the case at all!
    Apparently it’s to help matchmaking run faster
    Loooooool.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10823 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    ackers75 said:
    Lacking uk servers too now!



    I guess this is what live service means

    If you're lacking servers, it is 100% because players aren't active near you. Servers boot up when there's demand on modes there's demand for.

    Braddock confirmed that was not the case in a different thread: "From our Dev team, it appears that the Data Center for both London and Ohio (Central US) were disabled to reduce matchmaking time".

    The Ohio center was disabled? I played yesterday at 22-26 ping, which has always been the Ohio center. Is there another center in US Midwest/East?

    If my ping is 45-55, then it’s the US West server.
  • ElliotLH
    8376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    ackers75 said:
    Lacking uk servers too now!



    I guess this is what live service means

    If you're lacking servers, it is 100% because players aren't active near you. Servers boot up when there's demand on modes there's demand for.

    Braddock confirmed that was not the case in a different thread: "From our Dev team, it appears that the Data Center for both London and Ohio (Central US) were disabled to reduce matchmaking time".

    The Ohio center was disabled? I played yesterday at 22-26 ping, which has always been the Ohio center. Is there another center in US Midwest/East?

    If my ping is 45-55, then it’s the US West server.

    I don't know man to be honest. It was just a copy and paste to show that it unfortunately isn't a case of the lack of GB servers being down to players not being active in the region.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1436 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well, now i'm hearing rumors DICE LA is shutting down. Don't know how true it is, but the guys sources are pretty solid. He's the one the leaked Apex. Look man, i want more content, but more so a more plauable game, but i don't see it happening, bit could answer a lot of questions of what we've been seeing.
  • DevilsBathtub
    834 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People moaned about paid DLC  since i started playing with BF3.
    Congratulations you slowed the release of new map packs to a crawl, bet its the same people moaning about there being not enough content.

    Bring back premium.
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well, now i'm hearing rumors DICE LA is shutting down. Don't know how true it is, but the guys sources are pretty solid. He's the one the leaked Apex. Look man, i want more content, but more so a more plauable game, but i don't see it happening, bit could answer a lot of questions of what we've been seeing.
    Link? That is some good news then, those guys really did a number on BF1.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1436 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well, now i'm hearing rumors DICE LA is shutting down. Don't know how true it is, but the guys sources are pretty solid. He's the one the leaked Apex. Look man, i want more content, but more so a more plauable game, but i don't see it happening, bit could answer a lot of questions of what we've been seeing.
    Link? That is some good news then, those guys really did a number on BF1.
    I do, but i'm not going to post it. I don't want it having to be taken down, and i don't really like posting other peoples videos (as i don't lie others posting theirs). But he leaked Apex, so it can't be something dismissed out of hand, nor his sources..But i'm sure it will be a story soon enough.
  • PackersDK
    757 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 20
    People moaned about paid DLC  since i started playing with BF3.
    Congratulations you slowed the release of new map packs to a crawl, bet its the same people moaning about there being not enough content.

    Bring back premium.
    Paying for extra content after buying a 60$ game is kind of a joke. DLCs also divided the playerbase. That’s just a fact, and people have a right to point that out or “moan” about it. 

    Dice is an experienced company full of grown ups. THEY decided to go for live service. And THEY decided HOW to do it, how much content to release, and when. 

    Now Captain Hindsights like you pop up and blame players, not Dice, as if it’s not Dices decisions we’re seeing implemented. As if we somehow wanted this. 

    I hated sitting in late-cycle BF1 DLC lobbies and waiting for them to fill up, often in vain. Was it, despite that, a mistake to drop premium? Perhaps. But whatever Dice choose to do in next BF game, I wont blame players for it with a  “Now look what you’ve done” attitude. Because I’m not a passive-agressive 12 y. o.

Sign In or Register to comment.