"BFV is lacking content"

Comments

• xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    PackersDK said:
    People moaned about paid DLC  since i started playing with BF3.
    Congratulations you slowed the release of new map packs to a crawl, bet its the same people moaning about there being not enough content.

Bring back premium.
    Paying for extra content after buying a 60$ game is kind of a joke. DLCs also divided the playerbase. That’s just a fact, and people have a right to point that out or “moan” about it. 

Dice is an experienced company full of grown ups. THEY decided to go for live service. And THEY decided HOW to do it, how much content to release, and when. 

Now Captain Hindsights like you pop up and blame players, not Dice, as if it’s not Dices decisions we’re seeing implemented. As if we somehow wanted this. 

I hated sitting in late-cycle BF1 DLC lobbies and waiting for them to fill up, often in vain. Was it, despite that, a mistake to drop premium? Perhaps. But whatever Dice choose to do in next BF game, I wont blame players for it with a  “Now look what you’ve done” attitude. Because I’m not a passive-agressive 12 y. o.

Well, you could only split a playerbase, if you don't have much of one. That also seems to be a disconnect. COD WW2 didn't have to worry about "splitting playerbases". In other words, you have to have a game many want to play. If you don't have many that want to play, than you'd have to worry.

But i would say there was a lot of moaning about Premium no question. And it doesn't take a genius to know, when they put out things for "free",  there won't be near as much content as if you paid the price of a full game.

And for a Game Service, you really have to assure the game is going to do well out of the gate, being if it bombs (that may be the case here), there's no rationale for much content. So, it's kind of a gamble for these Game Devs to go to these services. In fact, they only seem to be working on Free to Play Games.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PackersDK said:
    Congratulations you slowed the release of new map packs to a crawl, bet its the same people moaning about there being not enough content.

Bring back premium.
    Paying for extra content after buying a 60$ game is kind of a joke. DLCs also divided the playerbase. That’s just a fact, and people have a right to point that out or “moan” about it. 

Dice is an experienced company full of grown ups. THEY decided to go for live service. And THEY decided HOW to do it, how much content to release, and when. 

Now Captain Hindsights like you pop up and blame players, not Dice, as if it’s not Dices decisions we’re seeing implemented. As if we somehow wanted this. 

I hated sitting in late-cycle BF1 DLC lobbies and waiting for them to fill up, often in vain. Was it, despite that, a mistake to drop premium? Perhaps. But whatever Dice choose to do in next BF game, I wont blame players for it with a  “Now look what you’ve done” attitude. Because I’m not a passive-agressive 12 y. o.

BF games with paid DLC tripled in size, "that's just a fact" and there is no credible way to pretend otherwise.  Paid DLC divided the player base, LOL, divided it into those smart enough to buy Premium and get all the paid DLC at a discount, and those too dumb (or too stubborn) to pay more for a game three times the size.  I played BF4 DLC servers long after development stopped in that game, so I didn't waste time worrying about the goofs who, "weren't going to pay for the same game twice".  The scores of folks in my friends list all had Premium, casuals who play and then drop a game in a few months were not our problem.

DICE is a design studio owned by EA.  They no more make a decision like switching from paid DLC to Live Service than car designers at Toyota tell the board of directors how to run that company.  Big corporations made bad decisions all the time, anyone paying attention to the  news knows that.  EA has decided to make BFV a smaller and less interesting game by doing away with rented servers and going with Live Service--we can see the results clearly with our own eyes.  Friends I've played BF with for many years are wandering away from BFV largely out of boredom, that and the unchecked cheating on PC.  The old system worked, the new system doesn't, unless you think EA is okay with smaller, shorter-lived games so they can sell us BF6 in late 2020 because we'll be bored to death of BFV.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PackersDK said:

Bring back premium.

BF games with paid DLC tripled in size, "that's just a fact" and there is no credible way to pretend otherwise.  Paid DLC divided the player base, LOL, divided it into those smart enough to buy Premium and get all the paid DLC at a discount, and those too dumb (or too stubborn) to pay more for a game three times the size.  I played BF4 DLC servers long after development stopped in that game, so I didn't waste time worrying about the goofs who, "weren't going to pay for the same game twice".  The scores of folks in my friends list all had Premium, casuals who play and then drop a game in a few months were not our problem.

DICE is a design studio owned by EA.  They no more make a decision like switching from paid DLC to Live Service than car designers at Toyota tell the board of directors how to run that company.  Big corporations made bad decisions all the time, anyone paying attention to the  news knows that.  EA has decided to make BFV a smaller and less interesting game by doing away with rented servers and going with Live Service--we can see the results clearly with our own eyes.  Friends I've played BF with for many years are wandering away from BFV largely out of boredom, that and the unchecked cheating on PC.  The old system worked, the new system doesn't, unless you think EA is okay with smaller, shorter-lived games so they can sell us BF6 in late 2020 because we'll be bored to death of BFV.
    I don't get why people think that DICE had everything to do with this. Here's the situation at DICE right now:
    1. Playerbase is constantly indecisive about what needs to be done
    2. Playerbase is always looking to catch DICE/EA employees in a lie or pick apart their statements
    3. Playerbase is saying that the work that's being produced isn't quality or the quantity asked of them (by nobody)
    4. Playerbase is attacking eachother and developers to the point of namecalling and even threats because they didn't get what they want or have differing opinions
    5. DICE is running out of Money
    6. DICE recently had a massive turnover of staff
    7. EA recently had a large turnover in staff
    8. Money isn't flowing in because of a late launch of both BFV and Boins (I don't understand this name)
    9. DICE is based in Sweden for BFV, which is across the world from the #1 playerbase (The US) so it's hard to manage these things.
    10. Nothing that DICE is doing is even acknowledged or appreciated. All the feedback they keep getting is "Why are we getting this and not more maps?"
    11. Even minor changes take 3 months to go through into the game. An EASTER EGG took 3 months to get into the game. Imagine how long it will take literally anything else to
    12. The backend is so outdated for this franchise that it's difficult to learn and continue to build upon
    13. EA said "If you don't like it, don't buy it" which directly hurt DICE's influence
    DICE can't win here. They have no money from EA or Boins. They are putting in so much time to things the community doesn't appreciate (see firestorm). They've had large turnover recently. The playerbase HATES them to the point of threatening them and their families. They just can't win.
    Group A is upset about an issue. Group B is playing. Issue gets fixed. Group A plays and now group B complains. Then there's group C over in the corner asking why they worked on that issue instead of new maps.
    This community is one of the most disorganized and hate filled communities I've ever seen followed by the hate towards the Trearch Community Director during COD: MW3. I mean seriously. Some of the stuff I read on here and on Reddit are distinctly uncalled for. People are starting to and have been attacking developers personally instead of the product. This community stinks to be quite honest and just for saying that, I'm going to be called names and called a DICE employee/shill. It's happened in this thread already and dozens of other threads I try to be apart of. I can't deal with this. This hostile community towards literally anything that's not "DICE BAD" agenda.
    Say that you're enjoying the game and people should stop attacking employees? You get called a shill and followed around until moderation takes action. Say that you feel like personal insults are bad towards employees? Same thing. Say that there's more content in this game at launch than BF1? Called a shill. Try and explain why something might be happening from a Programmer's perspective? Get told that nobody asked you and that you should just shut up and leave because you're not helping anything. I don't feel like I can state my opinions without harassment and that's not okay. I left COD because the community was filled with children. And now I feel like I have to leave Battlefield because of the same reason. A community that once prided itself on being mature... oh how you've fallen so.
  • PoppaPappo
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I know he’s hated around here but have you guys seen LevelCap’s recent video “Bad Company 3 Leak and Why Battlefield V Was Rushed Theory?”

It actually makes a lot of sense as to to why BF5 is in that state it’s in (besides all the other theories). Apparently, BC3 was supposed to be the next BF game after 1, but for some reason that was pushed back and BF5 was brought out first which is why there’s still so much left unfinished. The idea is that BC3 was being saved for next-gen consoles.
  • SirBobdk
    4300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A community that once prided itself on being mature...
    That was before BF3 where BF began to turn towards cod. You saying BFV is a good game. Maybe it is compared to other FPS game right now, but not compared to the BF games many of us has been addicted to for the past 16 years. You don't seem to have played them, so you don't understand where we are comming from.  Do I blame EA/Dice, yes I do. They have taken a great franchise and turned it into a soulless pile of garbage, removed rental servers, killed the community and made it anonymously.

• quietstormNC
    126 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lets actually tally them up.
    BFV released as of 4/8/2019
    How
    many weapons? VGO MMG, Selbstlader 1906, AG m/42 AR, M1897 shotgun,
    Ribeyerolles 1918 AR, ZK-383 SMG, Modele 1944 AR, M1922 MMG, MKIII
    bolt-action rifle; total 9
    Vehicles? Sturmgeschutz IV tank, Archer tank, Mosquito MK IV, Ju88c; total 4
    Maps? Firestorm, Panzerstorm; total 2
    Game Modes? Firestorm, Rush, Combined Arms; total 3Grand total: 18 new items39 weapons available as of this date.
    BF1 as of DLC 1 released
    1 DLC with:Weapons? Ribeyrolles 1918, RSC1917, Lebel Model 1886, Chauchat, Sjogren Inertial, and Mle 1903; total 6Vehicles? Saint-Chamond and Char 2C; total 2Maps? Fort de Vaux, Soissons, Rupture, Verdun Hights; total 4Game modes? Frontlines; total 1New Campaign; Prise De Tahure; total 1Grand Total: 14 new itemsBF1 had ~20 iirc (feel free to correct me here) before the first DLC.
    I'm
    kind of unsure as to how people feel like there's a lack of content
    here. There's MORE content in this game than ever. More customization.
    More guns. More everything except maps. BF1 launched with 9 maps and 6
    modes. BFV launched with 8 maps and has had more content dropped in
    identical time periods over BF1..It's difficult
    for me to see that it's literally not maps anymore. It's something else.
    Requesting this is not very good of you guys as a community..(I'm obviously leaving out cosmetics because it'd be a little bit unfair in BFV's favor otherwise.)

what about the players like me that mostly play TDM? we have yet to get one new map since launch. NOT ONE! i play the other modes some too, bit there are a lot of players just like me that prefer TDM most of all. and before someone says "if you want TDM go play something else like COD". its not that simple. BF's brand of TDM has a style all its own. it's strictly military style and offers way more teamwork than TDM in other FPS. the way you revive and resupply teammates creates a style of TDM thats second to none! combine that with BF's stellar grsphics and sound and thats why so many TDM players choose BF over any other FPS.
  • quietstormNC
    126 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    we want new MP maps, not lots of game modes. thats what DICE seems to not understand. limit the modes to the most popular ones and RELEASE LOTS OF MAPS. thats what most of the community wants.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    A community that once prided itself on being mature...
    That was before BF3 where BF began to turn towards cod. You saying BFV is a good game. Maybe it is compared to other FPS game right now, but not compared to the BF games many of us has been addicted to for the past 16 years. You don't seem to have played them, so you don't understand where we are comming from.  Do I blame EA/Dice, yes I do. They have taken a great franchise and turned it into a soulless pile of garbage, removed rental servers, killed the community and made it anonymously.

Okay so. Let's address this point. "You saying BFV is a good game" no. I'm not saying that. I've never said it's a good game. I've said I've had fun with it. I've said I've enjoyed it. I've said I think that bashing developers is the complete wrong way to go about criticizing the game. I've said a lot of things. I've said the game is bad. I've critiqued the game many times. Where the lies start is where everyone says that I think the game is good. And you know what, I do think the game is good. Is it without it's flaws? Yes.
    Now can you stop pulling the whole "you think DICE and EA can do no wrong" agenda and actually listen to what I'm saying? I'm so sick of being told this blatant lie.
    I have played other BF games. I've played BF1 on console, BF4 I purchased the base game + premium twice on Xbox and PC. I've played BF4 to level 100. I know what a "good" BF game is.
    The issue I'm having is that the large portion of the community thinks the current game sucks and the legacy ones are great. Does nobody remember when BF4 or BF1 were heavily criticized much like BFV is now? Remember when people couldn't even play Siege of Shanghai because it kept crashing? I remember. I know where this is coming from. In 1 year, the hate will die down significantly.
    Now can you and your band of people stop following me now and spreading lies about me? Thanks. This is part of the "mature" I was talking about. Lack of ability to comprehend reading. I've not made a post recently saying the game is good. I've not made a comment other than this one with anything like that. This past few weeks, I've grown extremely tired of seeing the same old stuff that we've always been seeing. Nothing but "<Developer> is incompetent" or even all out threats. I'm tired of having a different opinion and being followed and harassed for it. I'm tired of having my statements being picked apart. I'm tired of the "me" culture this forum has developed. "Why aren't developers responding to me?" (Yes, this is a near quote of quite a few people here). "Why did the developers even work on Firestorm? I know that it's not a good game mode" (Despite large portions of the community actually enjoying it).
    This community is very toxic. I'm tired of it. I'm not trying to defend anyone from anything except what isn't okay. It's okay to criticism a product or a company. But the instant you start to threaten, target, or complain like 9 year olds that just got out of daycare crying because someone took their toy, that's when it's not okay anymore. If you check my post history, almost all of my recent posts/comments have been about this. I've not been able to talk about the game very much because I keep seeing this kind of childish behavior. And now, I'm known as an EA shill just for saying that it's not okay to attack developers and for enjoying the game. If you go back far enough in my post history, you will see me bash and criticize the game. Most recently, I made a post about Combined operations and some issues I've had with it. Yet somehow, that went under the radar and one post I made about how the community "isn't being talked to" (even though there's direct evidence against it) has made a name for me as the "shill" or the "DICE defender". It's dumb. It's childish. I'm done with it.
    If all you're going to do is sit there and respond to everything I've made, I'm just gonna start ignoring it. I already have. I've found it's not remotely worth it if someone is willing to dig into your comment/post history (for next to no reason) just to dig up dirt on you and/or to try and pick apart your statements. This is why they don't respond that often (they do respond, see post about UK servers). This is why this forum is being ignored.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    unctheels said:
    Lets actually tally them up.
    BFV released as of 4/8/2019
    How
    many weapons? VGO MMG, Selbstlader 1906, AG m/42 AR, M1897 shotgun,
    Ribeyerolles 1918 AR, ZK-383 SMG, Modele 1944 AR, M1922 MMG, MKIII
    bolt-action rifle; total 9
    Vehicles? Sturmgeschutz IV tank, Archer tank, Mosquito MK IV, Ju88c; total 4
    Maps? Firestorm, Panzerstorm; total 2
    Game Modes? Firestorm, Rush, Combined Arms; total 3Grand total: 18 new items39 weapons available as of this date.
    BF1 as of DLC 1 released
    1 DLC with:Weapons? Ribeyrolles 1918, RSC1917, Lebel Model 1886, Chauchat, Sjogren Inertial, and Mle 1903; total 6Vehicles? Saint-Chamond and Char 2C; total 2Maps? Fort de Vaux, Soissons, Rupture, Verdun Hights; total 4Game modes? Frontlines; total 1New Campaign; Prise De Tahure; total 1Grand Total: 14 new itemsBF1 had ~20 iirc (feel free to correct me here) before the first DLC.
    I'm
    kind of unsure as to how people feel like there's a lack of content
    here. There's MORE content in this game than ever. More customization.
    More guns. More everything except maps. BF1 launched with 9 maps and 6
    modes. BFV launched with 8 maps and has had more content dropped in
    identical time periods over BF1..It's difficult
    for me to see that it's literally not maps anymore. It's something else.
    Requesting this is not very good of you guys as a community..(I'm obviously leaving out cosmetics because it'd be a little bit unfair in BFV's favor otherwise.)

what about the players like me that mostly play TDM? we have yet to get one new map since launch. NOT ONE! i play the other modes some too, bit there are a lot of players just like me that prefer TDM most of all. and before someone says "if you want TDM go play something else like COD". its not that simple. BF's brand of TDM has a style all its own. it's strictly military style and offers way more teamwork than TDM in other FPS. the way you revive and resupply teammates creates a style of TDM thats second to none! combine that with BF's stellar grsphics and sound and thats why so many TDM players choose BF over any other FPS.
    It's really hard to justify pushing out a map for a not-so-popular game mode. Especially when it's frequently abandoned with 0 servers like Domination is regularly. It's even harder to justify that when the main BF mode, Conquest, has only received one map.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    unctheels said:
    we want new MP maps, not lots of game modes. thats what DICE seems to not understand. limit the modes to the most popular ones and RELEASE LOTS OF MAPS. thats what most of the community wants.
    It takes a long time to develop maps, let alone approve them for release. It took 3 months to get an easter egg into the game. Something as simple as a shark that appears 1/30000 or some odd games for an easter egg took 3 months to get approved. Imagine how long it takes something like a map or even a vehicle/gun.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    979 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 21

unctheels said:

It takes a long time to develop maps, let alone approve them for release. It took 3 months to get an easter egg into the game. Something as simple as a shark that appears 1/30000 or some odd games for an easter egg took 3 months to get approved. Imagine how long it takes something like a map or even a vehicle/gun.

And you know this because you have some inside knowledge of the processes? Or are you just providing a personal opinion?
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    unctheels said:

unctheels said:

And you know this because you have some inside knowledge of the processes! Or are you just talking out of ****?
    No because a developer went on Twitter in January saying he was testing an easter egg, then a teaser for the easter egg dropped on the twitter of the same developer in April talking about how it took 3 months but they finally got it in. The first person to find and record it gets a tour of DICE Stockholm.
    Maybe you should stop attacking me/people just because. If you were consistent with this, you wouldn't believe anything anyone says unless you see it yourself. Video: Video of it happening:
  • PvtJohnTowle
    979 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    PvtJohnTowle said:

aRrAyStArTaT0 wrote: »
    unctheels said:

unctheels said:

And you know this because you have some inside knowledge of the processes! Or are you just talking out of ****?

No because a developer went on Twitter in January saying he was testing an easter egg, then a teaser for the easter egg dropped on the twitter of the same developer in April talking about how it took 3 months but they finally got it in. The first person to find and record it gets a tour of DICE Stockholm.
    .Maybe you should stop attacking me/people just because. If you were consistent with this, you wouldn't believe anything anyone says unless you see it yourself. Video: Video of it happening:

Dude no one is attacking you are too defensive. Just because someone questions your statements. You still don’t support your contention that maps take a long time based upon an Easter Egg which appears to be more complicated than a map. You don’t know if it was 3 months continuous on the project or were they also working on other projects which was probably the case why it took three months. I edited my post but you quoted the original before it was saved. So you really can’t say maps take a long time (more than three months)
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    PvtJohnTowle said:

unctheels said:

unctheels said:

.Maybe you should stop attacking me/people just because. If you were consistent with this, you wouldn't believe anything anyone says unless you see it yourself. Video: image Video of it happening: image

Dude no one is attacking you are too defensive. Just because someone questions your statements. You still don’t support your contention that maps take a long time based upon an Easter Egg which appears to be more complicated than a map. You don’t know if it was 3 months continuous on the project or were they also working on other projects which was probably the case why it took three months. I edited my post but you quoted the original before it was saved. So you really can’t say maps take a long time (more than three months)
    The developer said he submitted something in January. And it didn't make it in until April's update.
    Also, your original statement was asking if I was talking out of my <redacted> so yes, I'm obviously going to take some offense to that. There's been dozens of videos about this and a simple search of even the forums on Easter Eggs in BFV can sort out my claim for you. Jackfrags made a video on it. Other youtubers made other videos about it.
  • VincentNZ
    3552 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

unctheels said:

And you know this because you have some inside knowledge of the processes? Or are you just providing a personal opinion?
    Well it stands to reason, doesn't it? A map is something that each player will spend a lot of time on, and hence design choices need to be careful and approved. If a map is exploitable or grossly imbalanced people will not play it and that will go down the drain. The more things are happening on a map the more complicated it gets, too. I recall a twitter remark of a Dev saying that Devastation took the longest time to make. Naturally, I daresay, it is an urban map, therefore clustered with different models, engagement ranges are short and a lot of things happen in small spaces. Creating a proper map flow is vital here. Hamada is a another example, every crevasse or trench is carefully placed to make each asset worthwhile and elevation changes provide cover and routes that channel movement and create said flow.
    Now on the other hand of the spectrum we have Panzerstorm which is basically a huge flat field with a few buildings sprinkled around. The bigger and vaster a map gets the easier it is to create. Still the amount of work done modelling assets and placing them in a meaningful way, is immense.
  • Zviko0
    1676 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Of course it lacks content because maps are the most important content. They can add as many game modes, weapons, cosmetics as they want but if I can play and use those on the same 9 maps which I'm already sick of then it really doesn't matter.

I barely play this game anymore but honestly, if this game had only one game mode (Conquest) only default weapons (weapons we had at release) and a lot more new maps than just one, I would still play it.

Maps >>> anything.
  • SirBobdk
    4300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

DICE has earned plenty of the blowback this franchise has generated since even BF 1942, but it's fans aren't innocent little angels that have never overreacted, as many here would have you believe.
    Off cause not.
    People come in this forum to express what they think is a problem for them. It may seem insignificant to others and can even seem ridiculous. But it is important to them.
    People do overreacts in some cases, but overall I think this forum have some good discussions and may disagree, but it is rare that it becomes personal, even though we see it once in a while
    I think everyone here is nice to talk to even though we may disagree. EA / Dice has made some strange decisions with BFV so the criticism against them has just become bigger than before. But it has always been there.

• GP-Caliber
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    funny that you classify rush as a new game mode while it was already in bf1. add to that the fact that 90% of the community is max rank and half of the maps are garbage.