This Week in Battlefield V - April 8th Edition

Braddock512
1541 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited April 2019

Let's jump into this week's activities!

This Week’s Highlights

Notes & Addendums

• UPDATE: Firestorm Duos Weekend will be live from April 11th to April 15th. 

Post edited by Braddock512 on

Comments

• DaTigahKillah
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As long you guys indicate somewhere that you intend to keep Duos Mode permanent, then take your time locking down the release date!
  • SLAYER_Of_PIGS
    685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hardcore, where is?
  • franklychaos
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm very bored with the same maps. Need new maps please!
  • Noodlesocks
    3628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why is there so little information being released? We've had more news from some guys rummaging through the game files than we've had from any official source.
  • ElCapitan006
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would like to rent a server . When can I do this?
  • Braddock512
    1541 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    edited April 2019

This week in Battlefield V should actually read:

Monday - we're going to tell you what we're going to tell you!
    Tuesday - nothing of substance - this is just padding. You can go to Youtube and see the same stuff every day of the week.
    Wednesday - We're going to list a bunch of issues on the periphery and completely ignore the primary issues because we don't have a solution to them and have no intention of actually addressing them.
    Thursday - Jump through some hoops and you'll get a cosmetic of some sort. Actually, I don't have a major issue with this. Unless it involves Firestorm. Then it sucks.
    Friday - we're going to recap what we told you throughout the week - which was nothing of any real value.

Copy, paste, repeat each week.

Personally I'd rather see genuine discussion and engagement, honesty and empathy with the community, and if we can't get that, I'd rather see nothing at all.

Just a thought on this part. 
    This is a calendar of the week's events. There are daily things that happen every week.
    • Monday - If there's not much going on for the week, yeah, it just says the TWIB. However, when we have blogs, etc., they get included if they're released on Monday. 
    • Tuesday - A good amount of people look forward to stuff like the OIB moments because they like to share their clips, videos, and get the chance to get some BCIW emblem codes for themselves and their friends. 
    • Wednesday - Some of the top issues aren't listed because they're either still in the discovery phase, they are getting a backend fix to address them, or they may require more dev time. We're doing our best to not put stuff on there that isn't solved within 2-4 weeks but is a big pain point within the community. 
    • Thursday - It's been the day for updates or the Community Feedback threads I've been driving. (We currently have 8 or so, and I want to let those marinate before we open new ones). 
    • Friday - For those that missed the beginning of the week because of work, life, whatever and want to catch up on what we've talked about, we created the Debrief. This also, as time and bandwidth allows, includes a Q&A session, and a sneak peek/preview of some of the items for the next week. 

Additionally, I update this daily with the links to the relevant posts, new items that come up during the week, etc. It's a one-stop place to get the roadmap of the week. 
    You have to think about it this way - if these posts/threads aren't for you for whatever reason, it doesn't mean that others don't find them helpful, informative, etc. 
    I hope my reply gave a better perspective on why we make these threads and the bigger picture that others may benefit from them. 
    Take care and have a great rest of your day! 

-Braddock512-
  • jog0ff
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    Hi,
    there is one community thread which seem to be completely ignored by EA / Dev team:
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1520399#Comment_1520399

yeah, over 200 pages of it ...
    any thoughts?
  • johnkapa1
    293 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Tuesday - nothing of substance - this is just padding. You can go to Youtube and see the same stuff every day of the week.
    Wednesday - We're going to list a bunch of issues on the periphery and completely ignore the primary issues because we don't have a solution to them and have no intention of actually addressing them.
    Thursday - Jump through some hoops and you'll get a cosmetic of some sort. Actually, I don't have a major issue with this. Unless it involves Firestorm. Then it sucks.
    Friday - we're going to recap what we told you throughout the week - which was nothing of any real value.

Personally I'd rather see genuine discussion and engagement, honesty and empathy with the community, and if we can't get that, I'd rather see nothing at all.

This is a calendar of the week's events. There are daily things that happen every week.
    • Monday - If there's not much going on for the week, yeah, it just says the TWIB. However, when we have blogs, etc., they get included if they're released on Monday. 
    • Tuesday - A good amount of people look forward to stuff like the OIB moments because they like to share their clips, videos, and get the chance to get some BCIW emblem codes for themselves and their friends. 
    • Wednesday - Some of the top issues aren't listed because they're either still in the discovery phase, they are getting a backend fix to address them, or they may require more dev time. We're doing our best to not put stuff on there that isn't solved within 2-4 weeks but is a big pain point within the community. 
    • Thursday - It's been the day for updates or the Community Feedback threads I've been driving. (We currently have 8 or so, and I want to let those marinate before we open new ones). 
    • Friday - For those that missed the beginning of the week because of work, life, whatever and want to catch up on what we've talked about, we created the Debrief. This also, as time and bandwidth allows, includes a Q&A session, and a sneak peek/preview of some of the items for the next week. 

Additionally, I update this daily with the links to the relevant posts, new items that come up during the week, etc. It's a one-stop place to get the roadmap of the week. 
    You have to think about it this way - if these posts/threads aren't for you for whatever reason, it doesn't mean that others don't find them helpful, informative, etc. 
    I hope my reply gave a better perspective on why we make these threads and the bigger picture that others may benefit from them. 

-Braddock512-

@Braddock512 i do have to say the weekly and Chapter TOW rewards are really not appealing to the community. They seem really plain and boring. I know there's more than enough weapons, tank, planes and gear that can be released sooner than you guys probably planned out to fill these TOW rewards. I'm just saying if we had more authentic uniforms and weapons to work for during the week/ chapter i would feel a little more excited to play but as of now most of us don't feel excited at all.  Just sayin.... 

Hope you guys try to release good content soon!
  • AristidesIV
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The soldiers cosmetics still dont look like ww2 soldiers ,the German fallschirmjäger for example  dont even have a  paratrooper outfit (torso ) for six months now.
  • doctorrocktor
    1954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tank customization when is it coming,its been there since day 1.
  • LuckyULSA_NOR
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When are new maps coming?
    New game modes within existing maps really really dont interest me.

1 new map in May, and the last one was map back in December, am i right?
    Are you deliberately trying to kill this game? 
  • Fliple
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

They have 5 new maps coming this summer! Exclusively of 5 vs 5 games...?  But, by the end of summer it look like they'll manage 2 more full size maps. So... by the end of summer the main game will have map parity with BF1 + 1/2 of it's first DLC. Isn't live service great with it's constant steam of new content...
  • Noodlesocks
    3628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fliple said:

They have 5 new maps coming this summer! Exclusively of 5 vs 5 games...?  But, by the end of summer it look like they'll manage 2 more full size maps. So... by the end of summer the main game will have map parity with BF1 + 1/2 of it's first DLC. Isn't live service great with it's constant steam of new content...

I wouldn't even count those 5v5 maps as new maps if you can't play them in regular conquest.
  • sabootheshaman
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

-Braddock512-
    It just really feels like the format is dated and every week is a copy paste job. I'm not saying it is, but it is how it feels. Morale in the community seems to be at an all time low. We have a split between here and reddit. The actual engagement on the hot topics seems to only happen on Reddit if at all. It feels the comms while slightly improving are still fundamentally broken. Things like the 5v5 stuff. Is the demand for that even real? My inner sceptic sees a repeat of co-op coming. 

In short the divide between the community and yourselves is massive and seems to be ever widening.
  • Braddock512
    It just really feels like the format is dated and every week is a copy paste job. I'm not saying it is, but it is how it feels. Morale in the community seems to be at an all time low. We have a split between here and reddit. The actual engagement on the hot topics seems to only happen on Reddit if at all. It feels the comms while slightly improving are still fundamentally broken. Things like the 5v5 stuff. Is the demand for that even real? My inner sceptic sees a repeat of co-op coming. 

In short the divide between the community and yourselves is massive and seems to be ever widening.
    I appreciate that honest feedback and truly take it to heart. 
    I wish I could comment on individual comments, instead of having to comment and quote someone 3 pages ago on these forums. I would love it if the forums had similar functionality to the way the Reddit comment system goes. But that's just how it is. We'll deal with it. 
    And I will work to increase my time here, answering questions and providing information. 

-Braddock512-
  • iano1978
    620 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512 Perhaps you could include Community run events in the weekly schedule?
  • l3sJJ
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DUO mode for only a weekend. This should be standard...........
  • BigWyrm
    325 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    johnkapa1 said:

-Braddock512-

@Braddock512 i do have to say the weekly and Chapter TOW rewards are really not appealing to the community. They seem really plain and boring. I know there's more than enough weapons, tank, planes and gear that can be released sooner than you guys probably planned out to fill these TOW rewards. I'm just saying if we had more authentic uniforms and weapons to work for during the week/ chapter i would feel a little more excited to play but as of now most of us don't feel excited at all.  Just sayin.... 

Hope you guys try to release good content soon!

This is the first TOW event that I simply don't care about. I have no interest in Firestorm, and the non-Firestorm path requires 50 freaking kills with each weapon. On top of that, the weekly rewards suck beyond belief! I have no interest in any of them except the weapons, which are still another week off.
    Every single reward for the overall TOW path is lackluster at best. A bunch of burnt skins for weapons hardly anyone uses any more, more gas masks, when there's no gas in the game (that was a cool part of BF1), face paint, etc...
    It's obvious by now that this game will never be satisfying. It's more like a few cool moments wrapped up in a constant barrage of frustration.