This Week in Battlefield V

Little Bird is the most OP'd vehicle I've ever seen

Comments

• Subliminal
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    okay flower, like I said i'm done with this topic except for PTFO much from a jet.
    nice input from yourself btw.
    your struggling to kill a littlebird ? find a good jet pilot ... oh my priceless ..
    i'll keep doing what works for me.. infantry PTFO sraw'ing pilots for fun.
    enjoy dog-fighting erm i mean flying in circles occasionally dropping jdams after-burning away from stinger users for 25mins, believing  you helping out whilst your team pick up the pieces.
    I hope pro pilots eventually make it to ps4..... oh the lols to be had from you
  • Turban_Legend80
    4593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Subliminal wrote: »
    okay flower, like I said i'm done with this topic except for PTFO much from a jet.
    nice input from yourself btw.your struggling to kill a littlebird ? find a good jet pilot ... oh my priceless .. i'll keep doing what works for me.. infantry PTFO sraw'ing pilots for fun. enjoy dog-fighting erm i mean flying in circles occasionally dropping jdams after-burning away from stinger users for 25mins, believing  you helping out whilst your team pick up the pieces.I hope pro pilots eventually make it to ps4..... oh the lols to be had from you

Korpus is probably the best pilot you’re likely to hear from on these forums. He knows what he’s talking about.

And a pilot of his quality helps your team more than anybody else.
  • Subliminal
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited April 25
    well that's me convinced. it has nothing to do with time played. server stacking, squad numbers, voice chat, switching to winning side etc. etc. I've already established from this guy he is a professional jet (lol) pilot, no doubt looked up the perfect speed for turning and everything. circling towards friendly AA and spawn then dropping jdams on tanks. lets not forget spamming 'spot' from the safety of the sky giving every single enemy a dorito above there head.. Add a little psychic ability who can compete with that..
    Would still be beaten on a game of conquest by a jeep though, so purely relies on the rest of the team. I rarely get killed by jets b/c they don't impact my game. silent attack choppers and lav's bother me more then a circling  jet ever has.

edit: let's not forget this was a little-bird counter thread not a stroke your ego jet pilot appreciation thread. Jets lol irrelevant.
    Post edited by Subliminal on
  • KorpusDraige
    2330 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @KorpusDraige - it depends when you deploy the AA mine. Every good pilot will get **** at some point during a streak. Most good pilots will locate anybody with a stigla and go for the kill.
    Good infantry players can bait good pilots by firing lock ons at them, then deploying the AA mine at the last moment.

I’m talking strictly Scout chopper pilots. And i’ll repeat my comment earlier: it depends on the map.

On maps like Dawnbreaker or Floodzone it works well. On maps like Golmud it l’s less effective.

Attack choppers can stay out of range and any decent gunner will take you out. And against jet pilots they are nothing but a mild annoyance.

Edit: looks like the word I used for “overconfident” is not allowed. I should’ve used “penisy”.
    Should give scout pilots like Wreckology a watch on Twitch, when he flys the scout. He can pick them off from a good distance and doesn't need to be on top of them for AA mine reach.
  • Turban_Legend80
    @Subliminal -
    There’s so much wrong with your last post. I’m willing to discuss further but i’m unclear whether you are “done with this thread” or not?

@KorpusDraige - I’ve seen some Wreckology vids and he’s a beast. There’s good pilots, and then there’s Wreckology.
  • KorpusDraige
    2330 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    well that's me convinced. it has nothing to do with time played. server stacking, squad numbers, voice chat, switching to winning side etc. etc. I've already established from this guy he is a professional jet (lol) pilot, no doubt looked up the perfect speed for turning and everything. circling towards friendly AA and spawn then dropping jdams on tanks. lets not forget spamming 'spot' from the safety of the sky giving every single enemy a dorito above there head.. Add a little psychic ability who can compete with that..
    Would still be beaten on a game of conquest by a jeep though, so purely relies on the rest of the team. I rarely get killed by jets b/c they don't impact my game. silent attack choppers and lav's bother me more then a circling  jet ever has.

edit: let's not forget this was a little-bird counter thread not a stroke your ego jet pilot appreciation thread. Jets lol irrelevant.
    I never once brought up a jet lol (I did say I never really get hit by AA mines, but I was referring to the odd time I flew a scout), I was referring to chopper pilots. All pilots mark anything and everything. I was saying your method may work against average pilots, but the good competitive pilots I know, it most likely wouldn't work, maybe on the rare occasion.

Also, jets are far from being irrelevant.
  • Subliminal
    edited April 27
    KorpusDraige said:
    I never once brought up a jet lol

Okay.....

KorpusDraige said:
    Get a good jet pilot, then we'll see. ;)

Your spinning tales so often your clearly losing track of yourself. post#1
    Turban_Legend80 said:

Jets thin out tanks/boats mostly (easy kills) it still take the rest of the team to clean up the rest and cap those flags, you know boots/wheels on the ground (most objectives provide cover from all pilots anyway). To say a pilot of any calibre is more helpful then anyone else on a conquest server is illogical.. I would take flag-cappers of any class over a pilot esp. jets any day of the week.

KorpusDraige said: Also, jets are far from being irrelevant.

right turn clyde. they're great at increasing your survival odds. with 2 jets 1A-chopper and a l-bird. you are fighting 5 people (in the fastest vehicle) with 27 people on the ground for easy pickings, tough job you have there chief. without ppl to PTFO your jet skills mean jack fact. thus irrelevant .

KorpusDraige said: Should give scout pilots like Wreckology a watch on Twitch
    Streamers lol, Just b/c you watch someone do something doesn't gives you the same skills, doesn't work like that .. theres me thinking you were talking about yourself, i'm sure your hero got/gets hit every now and again too or are you under the impression he was born with those skills.
    Turban_Legend80 said:
    @Subliminal - i’m unclear whether you are “done with this thread” or not?

I'm done repeating myself and feeling like I have to defend my opinion against an ever-changing story. For the record these statements are rhetorical and I stand firm, against everything I've written. My opinion like yours will not change anytime soon. I may post again but I doubt it there is nothing more for me to say... This thread is making my head spin.
    Post edited by Subliminal on
  • Turban_Legend80
    @Subliminal - he probably averages 60-80 kills per normal tickets game.
    Considering, as you pointed out, most of his kills will be coming from destroying vehicles, how the hell is he not helping your team? That’s 60-80 kills and probably 20-40 vehicles destroyed PER GAME.

Any muppet can run in circles capping flags uncontested.

Unlike you, I have tried every kit and vehicle. Apart from Assault, I have everything at at least 50 service stars.
    During my experience, a good jet pilot is quite clearly the most valuable asset on any team.

And i’d rather have infantry on my team that know how to defend a flag. Not just run in circles going where the enemy isn’t.

• Subliminal
    in 6 years of play I wouldn't  expect anything less...oh fk it i'm not continuing as your both boring the crap out of me now... get your egos felt up elsewhere b/c this guy right here couldn't be less interested in what you have to say anymore its all covered in the post(s) above. enjoy trolling some1 else say turrra to your b/f 4me
  • KorpusDraige
    KorpusDraige said:
    I never once brought up a jet lol

Okay.....

KorpusDraige said:
    Get a good jet pilot, then we'll see. ;)

Your spinning tales so often your clearly losing track of yourself. post#1
    Turban_Legend80 said:

Jets thin out tanks/boats mostly (easy kills) it still take the rest of the team to clean up the rest and cap those flags, you know boots/wheels on the ground (most objectives provide cover from all pilots anyway). To say a pilot of any calibre is more helpful then anyone else on a conquest server is illogical.. I would take flag-cappers of any class over a pilot esp. jets any day of the week.

KorpusDraige said: Also, jets are far from being irrelevant.

right turn clyde. they're great at increasing your survival odds. with 2 jets 1A-chopper and a l-bird. you are fighting 5 people (in the fastest vehicle) with 27 people on the ground for easy pickings, tough job you have there chief. without ppl to PTFO your jet skills mean jack fact. thus irrelevant .

KorpusDraige said: Should give scout pilots like Wreckology a watch on Twitch
    Streamers lol, Just b/c you watch someone do something doesn't gives you the same skills, doesn't work like that .. theres me thinking you were talking about yourself, i'm sure your hero got/gets hit every now and again too or are you under the impression he was born with those skills.
    Turban_Legend80 said:
    @Subliminal - i’m unclear whether you are “done with this thread” or not?

I'm done repeating myself and feeling like I have to defend my opinion against an ever-changing story. For the record these statements are rhetorical and I stand firm, against everything I've written. My opinion like yours will not change anytime soon. I may post again but I doubt it there is nothing more for me to say... This thread is making my head spin.
    Oh no, I brought up a jet in reference to me destroying a scout with my jet, hence the title of scouts being "OP". I was giving a way I kill scouts (along with my smaw).

Wreckology isn't my "hero" haha. I've competed against him in scrims and he's a cool guy. I use to stream all the time too lol.

I'm basically trying to help better you, to help you understand that what you're doing might not work against the better pilots out there. You're sort of like the players I come across in public games and they're confused because their tactics that work on weaker pilots don't work on me, so they cry hackusations and such or just yell "tryhard" because I know better than to fall into traps. It's not just me, it's all competitive and/or experience pilots. I wasn't trying to bash you lmao, I was just trying to help you understand it might not work on all pilots.
  • Turban_Legend80
    edited April 28
    Subliminal wrote: »
    in 6 years of play I wouldn't  expect anything less...oh fk it i'm not continuing as your both boring the crap out of me now... get your egos felt up elsewhere b/c this guy right here couldn't be less interested in what you have to say anymore its all covered in the post(s) above. enjoy trolling some1 else say turrra to your b/f 4me

Ah yes the classic “you’re just a troll” response when you realise you are wrong.

The funny thing is I actually agreed with your opinion on the AA mine. But now i’m a “troll” because I agree with somebody you don’t agree with on a different matter.

That tells us all we need to know about you.
    Post edited by Turban_Legend80 on
  • TheyHaveScissors
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @KorpusDraige - it depends when you deploy the AA mine. Every good pilot will get **** at some point during a streak. Most good pilots will locate anybody with a stigla and go for the kill.
    Good infantry players can bait good pilots by firing lock ons at them, then deploying the AA mine at the last moment.

I’m talking strictly Scout chopper pilots. And i’ll repeat my comment earlier: it depends on the map.

On maps like Dawnbreaker or Floodzone it works well. On maps like Golmud it l’s less effective.

Attack choppers can stay out of range and any decent gunner will take you out. And against jet pilots they are nothing but a mild annoyance.

Edit: looks like the word I used for “overconfident” is not allowed. I should’ve used “penisy”.
    Should give scout pilots like Wreckology a watch on Twitch, when he flys the scout. He can pick them off from a good distance and doesn't need to be on top of them for AA mine reach.
    Exactly this. Good littlebird pilots are untouchable to the weapons intended to be anti to them. DICE made some grave design-mistakes with BF4.
  • Turban_Legend80
    KorpusDraige said:

Turban_Legend80 said:

Exactly this. Good littlebird pilots are untouchable to the weapons intended to be anti to them. DICE made some grave design-mistakes with BF4.

lock on weapons in BF4 are designed to be aerial denial weapons, not kill weapons.

If I aim at a good pilot with a stinger, he will pop countermeasures and most likely retreat. The lock on Weapon has done its job. How is that bad design?
  • KorpusDraige
    KorpusDraige said:

Turban_Legend80 said:

lock on weapons in BF4 are designed to be aerial denial weapons, not kill weapons.

If I aim at a good pilot with a stinger, he will pop countermeasures and most likely retreat. The lock on Weapon has done its job. How is that bad design?
    Agreed. A stinger/igla can force even a good pilot at bay (with enough pressure), a pilot out of the fight is a pilot basically down. I think TheyHaveScissors was confusing my point about the very short range of AA mines with other options. :p
  • KirbyBacon
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I use the SMAW. Littlebirds tend to fly lower unless they are using the cannons, in which case they are probably bad anyways. Use the TOW lock with a gunner lasing from the LAV, use Sabot shells, miniguns on another littlebird and aim for the pilot, jets, tv missiles, burst cannon on the RCB, the AA gun (not missiles just the cannon), jets (but be careful that you don't get shredded by the miniguns) etc.

I have 2 kills combined with the stinger and igla. If below radar was still effective against them you would see fewer attack helicopters flying at the skybox and coming down for RPGs to the face.
  • KorpusDraige
    KorpusDraige said:

Turban_Legend80 said:

Agreed. Stingers and Iglas can force even a good pilot (with enough pressure) to stay at bay. A pilot out of the fight is a pilot basically down. I think TheyHaveScissors was mistaking my point about the short range of AA mines with regular lock ons :p
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Considering, as you pointed out, most of his kills will be coming from destroying vehicles, how the hell is he not helping your team? That’s 60-80 kills and probably 20-40 vehicles destroyed PER GAME.

Unlike you, I have tried every kit and vehicle. Apart from Assault, I have everything at at least 50 service stars.
    During my experience, a good jet pilot is quite clearly the most valuable asset on any team.

And i’d rather have infantry on my team that know how to defend a flag. Not just run in circles going where the enemy isn’t.

I don't have a "dog in this fight" but I just wanted to point out I used to document numerous end of round screens in BF1 and BF5 where the losing team had a guy going 72-2 (for example) and many many times there were snipers who would go 30-1 or even 30-0 and their team loses because of not PTFO'ing. True story. Hella-kills doesn't always equate to winning. Taking flags leads to ticket bleed.
    Plus there is this (BF V) ...
    ===
    And this (BF 1)
    ===

• Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • KorpusDraige

I don't have a "dog in this fight" but I just wanted to point out I used to document numerous end of round screens in BF1 and BF5 where the losing team had a guy going 72-2 (for example) and many many times there were snipers who would go 30-1 or even 30-0 and their team loses because of not PTFO'ing. True story. Hella-kills doesn't always equate to winning. Taking flags leads to ticket bleed.
    ===
    And this (BF 1)
    ===

It depends. Okay, so say someone is in a vehicle, like me in an attack jet. My top priority first are other jets, then ground vehicles (stealth jet's would be choppers second- i do go for them in my attack jet, but on my way through strafes lol). Infantry come last. If someone is in a jet and only goes for infantry kills, then yes they weren't PTFOing. But the jet pilots who are taking out vehicles first are PTFOing their role. Vehicles basically take the pressure off of infantry to capture the flags easier. So infantry PTFO= capturing objectives, vehicle PTFO= taking out enemy team's vehicles and then infantry.

So if you see them with a lot of kills in a vehicle along with a lot of vehicles destroyed but their team still lost, it isn't on the vehicle guy, it's on the infantry who wouldn't capture the objectives.
  • KirbyBacon
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

===
    And this (BF 1)
    ===

So in your opinion having one more person attacking a flag is going to turn the tide more than someone destroying vehicles? Not having someone destroying vehicles is how you get stomps.