Introducing Battlefield V: Firestorm Duo Weekend

Comments

• Asrach
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Duo is very good pls don't remove :)
  • norther01
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Duo in firestorm is pretty good! I hope it will permanent ! Please make it permanent!
  • DjYose26
    2 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love this duo mode. In my opiniom , it have to be an always elegible mode. Only four days is not a very good idea. The comuniti likes duo too. Please DONT QUIT!
  • moonkatroon
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why only until Monday ? Why put it in then take it out again . Battlefield Deva really make some strange decisions that make no sense . I play with my friend .
    We can never log into a game of normal bf5 together because the matchmaking system is crap and errors us nearly every time or puts one person in and the other can't get in cause the lobby fills before the. Other gets in . It really ruined the game for us . We played random firestorm squads but randoms is crap and 2 v squad is crap as well.
    Finally we have duos so after paying £60 we can finally play this game together but only until Monday ! Well done ea bf5 .

Just leave it in so people can play with their friend . What's the point taking it out . If people don't like duos they don't have to play it . But why take it away from people who do .

I won't play firestorm it bf5 after it goes until it comes back permanently and if it's left too long I won't come back at all.
    Im sure many feel the same . I love battlefield and have played since 1942
    But I'm very disappointed with bf5 and firestorm compared with fortnite and apex , is just rushed and clumsy .

Duos is an essential mode in this game and should have been there at the beginning. I paid £60 for this game and im only allowed to play with my friend for this weekend ? Sort out your decision making.

• jasonvp
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 11
    I've forced myself to try and enjoy solos and squads.  Solos is a nightmare due to the camp-tastic nature of the player base.  Squads is a LOT more fun than solos, but the loot tables are really poor and there's rarely enough armor, etc for the number of people playing.

Duos is where it's at.  Seriously: this needs to be made a permanent part of Firestorm.  And it should be done as quickly as possible.  I hope the data you're collecting this weekend bears that out.  I actually had fun playing duos whereas the other two modes are tedious.  I get it that you're likely concerned about splitting the existing player base somewhat by adding a third choice.  To that I say: consider removing one of the other two.  I'd almost say: nuke squads.  Make it a solos and duos game mode only.  But, that's just my take.

Anyway, some feedback from today:

1.  It was very difficult to match-make earlier today in the US.  And by "early" I mean normal EST working hours (I'm off right now).  It took my buddy and I something close to 45 minutes before we found a game.  And the first game we played was on an EU server.   This continued throughout the latter part of the morning and only started getting better a bit closer to noon EST or there abouts.  I assume it's just because of the numbers of available players; if it's due to something else, maybe you'll need to look at that.

2.  Armor spread.  It's.... still not good.  It's not good for squads either.  Given the armor mechanic in the game, it forces people to shy away from confrontations later in the match because they've chewed through way too much armor and can't find any remaining.  We need more armor, and we need people to be able to CARRY more plates so that when we kill them, they have plates in their inventory to loot.  Can we work on that, please?

Overall the pacing of the game is much better in duos.  The gunfights are fun; should your squad mate get knocked, it's far easier for you to take two opponents on (and out) versus trying to do the same in squads if you're the last one standing.
  • DRUNKMONKEY9821
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks been asking for it 😊
  • SenseiGoodie
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you are ready to hear community, I will share my opinion of BF5 and its BR mode then.

First, just maintain duo mode, you have implemented it and it is not going to cost you much to maintain it.

Second, the first time in a round I equip metal armour plates, the game freezes for 2-3 seconds. This "bug" is not repeated for the rest of the round. 

Third, we need more maps for other modes or allow community to create its own maps, which could be included in following updates.

Fourth, Battle Royale and all other modes requiere a serious matchmaking tool. What is the point of rising through the ranks? Just unlocking weapons?

My PC build: high end Intel i7 processor, 2080 rtx, fast ram (32GB).

Thanks.

Looking forward to reading your reply.

• SenseiGoodie
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And,

it would be funnier if you implement some mechanism that allow us to revive one of our dead teammates, just one.
    An airplane, similar to the one from which we jumped in the beginning while bring again our teammate to the map.

• Nicblue
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope duo become sa permanent part of firestorm. I mainly play BF5 with my dad who is in his early 60s on PS4. Tonight was his first BR game and we had a blast, came 2nd place in a match! In squads we would be at a unfair advantage because we would have two random people to play with plus my dad who is not very quick (no offence pops). Duos are perfect for us! 
  • ShevermiN
    357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    And,

it would be funnier if you implement some mechanism that allow us to revive one of our dead teammates, just one.
    An airplane, similar to the one from which we jumped in the beginning while bring again our teammate to the map.

This ......  if you lose a squadmate early they should be able to jump back in if you capture a point.  No gear so the squad would have to give up their gear but it would help keep randoms in the squad who die early from leaving.

• DK_Bastian2
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I love the Duo, when i play with friends i always go squad then just skip so it is only me and him, but now i don't need to because of DUO! love the game mode played it atleast 30 times yesterday, and i got a kill on a helicopter - put on dynamite, 8 minutes later a heli blows up on mountain 2 people die, just 15 seconds later another comes at the same spot, i pull out my detonater, and baaam! got a kill! i have so much with this duo! haha
  • unleashedalien
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Please make it permanent!!!! 
  • DK_Bastian2
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ayolassan said:
    I really love the duo mode in firestorm!!!!
    Having  an entire squad online is quite difficult, so we most of the time play with 2 strangers (not using their mics) or go for a squad of 2 (and reduce our chance of winning)
    Just did couple of games with my friend and it was epic as expected!!!!!

Please make it permanent!!!! 
    I think the game is even more dynamic as there are more squad and as a result squads are more scattered on the map! So you encounter more ennemies in the early game, which is very exciting!!!!!

Thanks for your work on the game! PLEASE MAKE IT PERMANENT!!!!!!

YUP! i never had such an intense battle before! because you meet more people and you know if you kill two people there won't be 2 more coming up your a$$! yesterday me and my friend meet 6 squads near the end! damn what an intense battle! DUO is so much more teamwork based! love it freaking much!

• AWulle
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Okay, DUO is dope. We had so much fun yesterdag night.  Usually when i squad up with my mate and we play squads were up against 4 person squad most of the time. 

After the weekend, howlong will it take before DUO's is back?
    Preferable it doenst get removed at all. Because i know the BR experience will suck playing SQUADS with just 2 persons, knowing how DUO's was. 

IMHO; DUO and fix the goddamnn inventory system, and firestorm is golden. 

• ACGold6991
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please make it permanent !

Is the best mode that you can do, is so difficult to find always 4 friends that can play together... two people is much more easy and more fun to play between friends !!!

Please make it permanent, please even for next week !!!
  • StrictlyBattle
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Having DUO game mode for a limited time is a mistake from a business standpoint imo.
    The "limited time" aspect alone will put off so many would be Firestorm players for good.
    No one is going to dedicate their time into something they know will disappear in a few days...
    Honestly, these old style tactics used by major companies will result in death of their companies.
    To clarify,
    I personally love firestorm and I believe it is thee best BR out right now! I really do believe firestorm has the potential for long term success.
    However...
    The consistency of horrible decisions being made when it comes to the Business of Battle Royal is astonishing!
    When professional BR gamers say "Firestorm will not be around for long" add in the fact that those same Gamers carry millions of subs...
    But what do I know? I look at everything from a business stand point and I continue to see outdated business tactics being made on a new generation.
    Again, this is just an opinion from a business stand point. So many companies are outdated lol
    Moving on, Please help! >
    <Question? How can I change my forum bio? Any help on how to change my profile would be appreciated (=
  • Mautjuh99
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Im waiting for duos mode so long now, finally its here and now you are planning to remove it at monday -_-'' PLEASE just add duo's as a permenent mode! Finally there is more action on the battlefield, twice as much fights comparing to squads. DUO's is SO much more fun!!
  • snabelkraft
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mautjuh99 said:
    Im waiting for duos mode so long now, finally its here and now you are planning to remove it at monday -_-'' PLEASE just add duo's as a permenent mode! Finally there is more action on the battlefield, twice as much fights comparing to squads. DUO's is SO much more fun!!

• JamieCurnock
    470 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Duos is amazing. So much better than solos. I can see I would actually enjoy playing this.

PLEASE MAKE IT PERMANENT