The TOW reward for this week will be available afterwards with CC?

2»

Comments

• Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As OP seems to have figured out, you don't have to play more than one round of firestorm really to unlock the axe unless you happen to drop at the same place as another guy and he kills you.

The 'discussion' about Firestorm here isn't very constructive. It seems like most of your problems stem from the fact that it is a Battle Royale game, and the problems you have with it are present in any Battle Royale game. Which leads me to think that perhaps you just don't like Battle Royale?
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So, no one’s actually answered the question, whether you can buy the reward afterwards, or not. In the past, you’ve been able to buy the reward, if it was a weapon or vehicle, but not if it was a cosmetic item. Does anyone know if this is still the case?
  • ElliotLH
    9660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ploodovic said:
    So, no one’s actually answered the question, whether you can buy the reward afterwards, or not. In the past, you’ve been able to buy the reward, if it was a weapon or vehicle, but not if it was a cosmetic item. Does anyone know if this is still the case?
    That's my understanding.
  • AssassinoX1
    269 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    ElliotLH said:
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    ElliotLH said:

stabbinhobo said:
    I don't even know what the reward is this week.. people grinding for another "epic" facepaint that makes u look like you smeared green baby poo on your face?? WHEEEEEE!!!...lol

It's an axe.

It reminds me of my time in the army service irl.Because they were worried the temporary soldiers (9 months service) might snap and hurt others or themselves with sharp objects they were only giving us blunted bayonets. At some point when I was in an outpost during the winter when we had run out of liquid fuel for the heating I was tasked with cutting some wood out of the discarded crates we had with the nearby Fire axe... Soon I realised they had even blunted the fire axes for the same reason as the bayonets...Everyone knows that a blunt fire axe is a useless axe...

That's both really interesting and quite sadly comical. You must have been there ages trying to bludgeon bits of wood dude.
    Yeah a poor soldier trying to cut up wooden pallets by bludeoning at them with a dull axe and stomping at them with the boots in a freezing winter night is something I expected to only see in cartoons instead of living it myself.
    They were probably like... "but all that work warmed you up, right?" ;-)

As for the topic, I hope it is and thought it would be later but NOT the overall chapter rewards. Don't quote me on that, though. I'm currently on the "kill with reinforcements" part (because I'm also not a fan of Firestorm) but between being sick and not feeling the best and that being pretty situational and time consuming, I may not get it this week and wouldn't mind getting the Axe later if I hear it's good.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dr_X2345 said:
    The 'discussion' about Firestorm here isn't very constructive. It seems like most of your problems stem from the fact that it is a Battle Royale game, and the problems you have with it are present in any Battle Royale game. Which leads me to think that perhaps you just don't like Battle Royale?
    Oh I absolutely hate Battle Royale as a gamemode. There's a reason I'm not at all interested in the likes of PUBG, Fortnite, Apex and so on. The thing is, I don't have to play those at all. If I want to progress down the Tides of War though, I have to play atleast multiple games of Firestorm for the first objective before I can move onto the objectives where I don't have to play Firestorm. 
  • superteds
    1218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dr_X2345 said:
    Oh I absolutely hate Battle Royale as a gamemode. There's a reason I'm not at all interested in the likes of PUBG, Fortnite, Apex and so on. The thing is, I don't have to play those at all. If I want to progress down the Tides of War though, I have to play atleast multiple games of Firestorm for the first objective before I can move onto the objectives where I don't have to play Firestorm. 
    no you don't, you can just buy the reward afterwards.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    superteds said:
    Dr_X2345 said:
    no you don't, you can just buy the reward afterwards.
    Yes, I do. I apologise for not stating it but I couldn't care less about the actual reward/s at the end; it's a freaking melee weapon, just how often am I actually going to use that (and likewise, the last two were face paint and a weapon skin, neither of which I will use since I don't using face paint and I'm not big on the M30 Drilling nor do I like the look of the skin anyway). True, I don't specifically have to, but you get the idea.
    To progress down the tree, I first have to play enough Firestorm for 7,500xp in the mode. Yes, you can get ToW XP Just from playing any mode and slowly raising the ranks, but given the amount of time I get to actually sit down and play (mostly thanks to my brother and Destiny 2), I really appreciate the large jumps of ToW XP I can get from actually completing the objectives in the tree. Especially given how I can only look ahead to the next two weeks, it's preferable to get good progress early on because I have no idea what's to come later on in the chapter and the quicker I can reach Chapter Rank 40 So I can put BFV Away to collect dust again, the better.