Weekly Debrief

I hate this game and I'm done

Comments

• parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yahia said:
    That's all I got to say, this is the worst battlefield game in history, it's a failure and I hope it keeps being a failure because that's the only thing it deserves, tons of bugs, lies, features that were promised but never came, netcode problems, hits not registering, server rubberbanding, lack of content that only got worse with the underwhelming roadmap, no RSP, bad assignments and the "camping" mentality that was put in mind while designing this game, it's almost like it's made by someone who has never played a battlefield game before. The maps are awful, look at Hamada or Panzer storm for examples for the worst maps, every single decision that was made during the making of this game was straight up stupid, every new idea or addition is a disappointment. I haven't felt excited about anything in this game that didn't leave me disappointed in the end. Say what you want, but this game is a broken, rushed out piece of **** I never thought I'd see the day that I'd say I HATE a battlefield game. When the game released I played it everyday because I was hoping that everything would be fine, that we'd get more content eventually that wouldn't be here, almost 6 months after the game released with pretty much the same amount of content we had at launch, with it still being as broken as before now I barely force myself to try and give it a chance every few day. I'm done, if the next battlefield is anything like this, you have officially lost a fan Dice.

I don't care if I get any backlash Because of this, I'm done being nice to a horrible greedy company that doesn't care about it's fans.

I really like Panzerstorm, Hamada is okay if you have a decent team, it's only unenjoyable for me when my team is clueless. But because you dislike those maps that means the whole game is bad? That's rather arrogant of you. As for being rushed, how can you possibly think this game was released too early if you played BF4? BFV runs pretty good in comparison to how bad BF4 was at release. The lack of rented servers is a huge problem, we agree there, I think it might be a series-killer for me. The network performance is also not good enough, but I mostly don't see rubberbanding as you do, but then I have fast internet and a fast PC so that might be a factor. BFV has problems, mostly related to EA's foolish policies like getting rid of rented servers and going with Live Service as a business model (which is where the lack of new content comes from), but for the most part I think the game runs well (although it certainly could be better). The bugs in this game are more annoying than game-breaking, DICE seems a bit lost these days perhaps because so many of their veterans have moved on, but I think EA putting them on a tight budget is also a big part of the problem. If EA makes the same mistakes in BF6 I can see not buying that game, but so far the irritations in BFV haven't overwhelmed the fun--if that changes then maybe I'll stop playing too, that just hasn't happened yet for me. Now someone will post that I'm a "cheerleader" because despite slamming EA and acknowledging the game's many problems I didn't rant and snort about how BFV is the worst game ever released and I'm uninstalling right now. LOL, either you agree 100% or you're a heretic, too funny.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    If you want to leave, just leave buddy. There's no need to throw a tantrum on your way out and letting everyone know you're leaving.

I dislike EA as a corporation just as much as you do, don't get me wrong. However, they literally don't care what you or anyone else has to say. They only care about your money and pleasing shareholders (which is fair if they delivered finished games on release) so vote with your wallet, not your mouth because they are deaf to our cries.

I am a firm believer that a dissatisfied customer should voice his complaints instead of leaving quietly. There is less of a chance that the establishment will get the wrong idea about why they have fewer customers.

My father has the (bad imo) habit of never going back to a restaurant that seems to have once dropped the food quality without voicing any complaints and to that I tell him: "How will they know if you stopped coming due to a quality related issue and not something unrelated to resaurant such as an accident or moving away to another  town etc?".

That's where Yelp comes in, I've actually had restaurant managers respond to posts I've made about disappointing food and poor service. But in some cases they clearly don't care, one place I gave an extremely bad review (me and many others) kept on being bad until it went out of business--how can a restaurant owner see dozens of critical reviews detailing serious problems and see all the empty tables every night and do nothing to improve his business? Oh, wait, there's a TV series dedicated to that exact question, isn't there. On the other hand I also give good reviews to places I like, and when I encounter an especially helpful employee I make a point of letting management know how good that employee is. And then there is EA (and DICE). I'd like to think the folks at DICE care despite their foolish move in quoting hateful posts about them as if that invalidates all criticism. But I believe that EA cares only about profit and thinks that spending money to make a higher quality game is just not necessary because look at all the fools who buy buggy, unfinished games. Stunningly bad decisions like getting rid of rented servers and going with a clearly ineffective live service business model show they are either massively incompetent or totally indifferent--either way the end result is the same. I don't think BFV is a bad game, but it could have been so much better, and EA is entirely to blame for that.
  • parkingbrake
    zack9912000 said:a incomplete and non fucnting game. 

I seem to play it just fine almost daily, just saying.   Everything is subjective.
    I play every day too, mostly have fun.  The game has issues, virtually nobody disputes that, but there sure is a lot of overblown theatrical criticism from people who could save themselves a lot of anguish by just uninstalling and playing something they like better.  Some issues deserve to be mentioned again and again, in my case the lack of rented servers is a Very Big Deal and that EA has even done a survey asking about that suggests they might be realizing they made a big mistake there.  But having a hissy fit because you don't like a couple of maps?  Yikes, a whole game is bad because you don't like some of the maps, that's just weird.
  • parkingbrake
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    JamieCurnock said:

Yahia wrote: »

JamieCurnock wrote: »
    Love the way the ops complaint starts with 'thats all I'm going to say" and then launches into a massive moan..... So that's not all your going to say then?

Why would you want a franchise you apparently like to fail? I know you don't like bfv but a game failing doesn't necessarily mean a better game replaces it, sometimes it just means the game will die for good. To much risk for the publisher, not enough reward.

Suggesting improvements, complain about bugs yeah that has to be done but wanting it to fail is pretty dumb, unless you just fundamentally don't like battlefield, then I guess it makes sense.

Because it either changes or I don't want it to release more horrible games, I'd rather let a franchise I used to love die, then have this sort of horrible game be the normal for it. All the things I said about the game are true and you know it, stop defending a bad game made by a greedy company

So what you're saying is because you don't like this version of the game you don't want anyone to enjoy it. Rather than just accept that this game isn't what you want it to be you want it to fail, despite the fact a lot of people play it every day. Basically your attitude Is I don't like it so no one should like it. All seems pretty childish to me.

No I don't agree with all the things you said, I certainly don't think it's a bad game. It's had some serious problems and I'd put it almost on a par with bf4 in the bad launch stakes. Greedy company, hell yes they are. EA drive the games they publish into the dirt chasing profits by putting pressure on studios for loot boxes etc, I can't stand EA but I love what dice do. I'm not defending a greedy company but I am criticising the selfishness of wanting a game to die all because you don't like it.

I think that analysis is pretty unfair. The reason why there are so many negative posts is because there are a lot of unhappy customers. I know that I post a lot of negativity about this game, but like many others, this is the ONLY opportunity for people that have put MANY MANY hours into a much loved franchise to express they displeasure with the poor product that is now on offer. 

The equation here is very simple. Make a good product, and customers spend less time complaining about it. 

I am sure like most detractors here, that I regret the feeling that I NEED to make the posts I do. I am HAPPY for people that like the game. Im pleased for you. You like eating poo sandwiches. Most of us don't like the taste. But am really pleased you like eating the brown stuff.  

Ridiculous response. Stop twisting things.

1) I 100% agree about voicing concerns in an effort to change things. I wasn't commenting on negative posts and I don't really have an issue with people moaning. This was purely about that person wanting a game to fail because he doesn't like it, which is incredibly childish and selfish but you decided to interpret it as me having a go at people who don't like the game. I have no problem with you not liking the game or telling everyone why you don't like it so yeah stop twisting my words.

2) poo sandwiches? What because I like the game? Well what an edgy comeback. watch you don't cut yourself on all that edge.

Grow up mate.
    That cracks me up, either you agree with every word they say, and keep your own enjoyment of the game quiet, or you're just a fanboy defending a bad company and a bad game, there is no middle ground.

I've slammed EA/DICE up one side and down the other, I've said if the mistakes in BFV are repeated in BF6 (no rented servers, Live Service, weak anti-cheat etc.) then I can see myself not buying BF6.  But since I will also say that for the most part I'm still having fun in BFV, that makes me a "cheerleader" as one negativity conduit recently called me.  They just cannot grasp how anyone could see the problems but still have fun, so they have to resort to personal attacks, perhaps to keep from asking themselves if their opinions are entirely reasonable.  If you like the game, keep playing; if you don't like the game, move onto something else.  Seems simple to me.
  • parkingbrake
    ElliotLH said:
    Yea, something wrong with the quoting in this forum.. ^^^ I wrote the last line there

"Many people could benefit from having this same belief.. Regardless if the company (or supporters of said company) wants to hear it or not.."
    After you click the quote button press 'down' on your arrow key once and you should be able to reply without it being in the quote too :)
    Thanks so much for that, I was fumbling around trying to make it work and it was just that simple, LOL.
  • TFBisquit
    1643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All i know is that whenever i pick up the game again i get frustrated and generally dont have a fun experience.

The list above from Thenoobpolice is pretty inclusive of my feelings.
    Yeah, I get frustrated pretty quickly also. Then starting an old game, single player, it feels relaxed. Frustration gone etc.
    Funny how this older game, I already finished several times, get my attention before BFV at present.
    BFV just isn't that good of a game imo.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How to kill a Battlefield game, by the 2018 and later DICE design team:

1. Move to a "live service" model so you can release the game as early access and have an excuse as to why the game is not finished.
    2. Continue to use a crappy engine when player movement over game-world terrain still just doesn't work in, and never has done.
    3. Create a turret based "move and die" gameplay meta
    4. Make all enemies virtually invisible unless they move.
    5. Make all guns laser beams with ridiculous end-damage and insta-kill TTD, which require zero trigger discipline by the player to be effective with.
    6. Give huge advantages for being still, even design a weapon class around it!
    7. Make dead bodies move.....
    8. .....and then make laying prone on back indistinguishable from what looks like actual dead bodies. This will be the only game where if it's moving; it's dead, and if it's still; it's alive! Ensure it is as non-intuitive as possible!
    9. Have virtually invisible AP mines everywhere that inconstantly irritate players when just trying to move around the map. Make passive gameplay rewarding and active gamplay punishing!
    10. Have tanks that have ridiculous end-damage against infantry at long range but are absolutely fragile and weak when close up on the objective (ensure vehicle players never want to move out of their spawn!)
    11. Make flight control feel like wading through treacle to play, and make the maps so small that there is no room for interesting flight / dog fights anyway.
    12. Design a fast, fluid, responsive movement system (Drunkkze actually knows what he's doing) that intuitively implies to play the game using said movement fluidly, but then design the other mechanics of the game so using that movement is punishing (one design team must not talk to the other and must not be aligned with a unified gameplay vision under any circumstance!)
    13. Put "Attrition" and fetch quests in the game in order to punish players for using ammo and firing their weapon and for engaging with enemies. (Only punishes good players and active playstyles, of course, bad players die before they need ammo and would never actually win a 1v1 anyway so rarely need health back.)
    14. Put dark tints on certain weapon sights because "seeing" in a first person shooter game is something that needs to be nerfed (!)
    15. Spend loads of time designing a boring Minecraft building system that no first person shooter fan / main BF player demographic ever wants to do.
    16. Create the most boring and slow Battle Royale mode of any of the Battle Royale games currently on the market, with gunplay not designed for the health or TTK model it uses.
    17. Ensure that maps have no sufficient cover on objective routes, and that flanking routes and movement options are not balanced with the lethality of guns at range.
    18. Rather than sensibly calibrate visuals to 2.2 Gamma and 120cd/m brightness, Just ensure every map has a different optimal brightness setting with ridiculous levels of contrasts so players need to be constantly in and out of the video options menu.
    19. Rather than having a considered Art style that works for a first person shooter, just have more and more and more detailed photo-realistic graphics which make everything blend in to a big mass of overly-detailed mess that is more suited to a walking simulator. (Always remember: muh immeerrrrshon is more important than gameplay!)
    20. Make sure you hire the worst UX designers in order to create the most painful UI of any AAA game in the last ten years.
    21. Ensure you have animations for everything, even though most of them add nothing to gameplay, and in most cases, worsen it.
    22. Enforce blurry TAA over everything and design a lighting system that can't function properly without it.
    23. Remove features and functionality in past games that people enjoyed, and replace them with things no one wants, likes or asked for.
    23 points moaning like a little girl, christ you got nothing better to do?
  • parkingbrake
    How to kill a Battlefield game, by the 2018 and later DICE design team:

1. Move to a "live service" model so you can release the game as early access and have an excuse as to why the game is not finished.
    2. Continue to use a crappy engine when player movement over game-world terrain still just doesn't work in, and never has done.
    3. Create a turret based "move and die" gameplay meta
    4. Make all enemies virtually invisible unless they move.
    5. Make all guns laser beams with ridiculous end-damage and insta-kill TTD, which require zero trigger discipline by the player to be effective with.
    6. Give huge advantages for being still, even design a weapon class around it!
    7. Make dead bodies move.....
    8. .....and then make laying prone on back indistinguishable from what looks like actual dead bodies. This will be the only game where if it's moving; it's dead, and if it's still; it's alive! Ensure it is as non-intuitive as possible!
    9. Have virtually invisible AP mines everywhere that inconstantly irritate players when just trying to move around the map. Make passive gameplay rewarding and active gamplay punishing!
    10. Have tanks that have ridiculous end-damage against infantry at long range but are absolutely fragile and weak when close up on the objective (ensure vehicle players never want to move out of their spawn!)
    11. Make flight control feel like wading through treacle to play, and make the maps so small that there is no room for interesting flight / dog fights anyway.
    12. Design a fast, fluid, responsive movement system (Drunkkze actually knows what he's doing) that intuitively implies to play the game using said movement fluidly, but then design the other mechanics of the game so using that movement is punishing (one design team must not talk to the other and must not be aligned with a unified gameplay vision under any circumstance!)
    13. Put "Attrition" and fetch quests in the game in order to punish players for using ammo and firing their weapon and for engaging with enemies. (Only punishes good players and active playstyles, of course, bad players die before they need ammo and would never actually win a 1v1 anyway so rarely need health back.)
    14. Put dark tints on certain weapon sights because "seeing" in a first person shooter game is something that needs to be nerfed (!)
    15. Spend loads of time designing a boring Minecraft building system that no first person shooter fan / main BF player demographic ever wants to do.
    16. Create the most boring and slow Battle Royale mode of any of the Battle Royale games currently on the market, with gunplay not designed for the health or TTK model it uses.
    17. Ensure that maps have no sufficient cover on objective routes, and that flanking routes and movement options are not balanced with the lethality of guns at range.
    18. Rather than sensibly calibrate visuals to 2.2 Gamma and 120cd/m brightness, Just ensure every map has a different optimal brightness setting with ridiculous levels of contrasts so players need to be constantly in and out of the video options menu.
    19. Rather than having a considered Art style that works for a first person shooter, just have more and more and more detailed photo-realistic graphics which make everything blend in to a big mass of overly-detailed mess that is more suited to a walking simulator. (Always remember: muh immeerrrrshon is more important than gameplay!)
    20. Make sure you hire the worst UX designers in order to create the most painful UI of any AAA game in the last ten years.
    21. Ensure you have animations for everything, even though most of them add nothing to gameplay, and in most cases, worsen it.
    22. Enforce blurry TAA over everything and design a lighting system that can't function properly without it.
    23. Remove features and functionality in past games that people enjoyed, and replace them with things no one wants, likes or asked for
    One of EA's many design studios told EA to make BFV a live service game, that decision wasn't made by EA?  You also want us to believe that DICE had the option to use a different engine for this game, that EA's own Frostbite engine designed by DICE didn't have to be used, they could have paid Epic to use Unreal or whatever, seriously?  And you want me to believe I don't really see stationary opponents, me shooting them must just be luck?  And me watching various weapons jumping around when I fire them until I have the right upgrades and have figured out the recoil isn't really happening, I'm just imagining that?  And all those AP mines I see and either avoid or destroy from a safe distance, something else that's only in my mind I guess.  And that tank I took from one end of Hamada to the other last night, including helping to cap five objectives, did my tank have a cloaking device I was unaware of?  And attrition doesn't encourage players to get kills and then claim their victim's ammo in your games, funny, I do that all the time if I'm not playing Support.  And since we're always told it's about teamwork, shouldn't your squad have a Medic to deal with the health issue, or should we just forget that teamwork stuff and bring back the full auto-heal crutch?   All these folks I see building fortifications and fixed weapons and then using them to great effect, how interesting to learn from you that means they're not real BF players, who knew?  I don't mess with brightness setting between maps, that must mean I'm doing it wrong.  The UI, well, okay, can't argue with that one, it's stunningly bad.  Animations, well in some cases I see what they were going for, the idea that someone can exit a vehicle and instantly shoot someone always seemed weird to me.  Removing things that worked in previous titles, oh yeah, you nailed that one, it's bizarre that DICE thinks "change" and "better" are interchangeable terms--clearly some of the things they dropped worked much better than what they're using now.

Look, you make some good points here.  But some of these things are absurd, like DICE gives orders to EA instead of the other way around.  Or that they could have chosen another company's engine for this game, come on, even you know that's ridiculous.  You could have cut that list in half and done well, but as it is many of your points are either not credible or rely purely on your opinion, e.g. posts here over the months from folks who would like to see more construction rather than less--what makes you right and them wrong other than your personal preference?
  • EA_Rtas
    393 postsMember, EA Staff, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Moderator, Battlefield V
    Cool it off a bit in here folks, there's no need to be calling people out, that ends up just causing arguments and sends the thread off the rails.
  • JamieCurnock
    580 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 17
    That cracks me up, either you agree with every word they say, and keep your own enjoyment of the game quiet, or you're just a fanboy defending a bad company and a bad game, there is no middle ground.

I've slammed EA/DICE up one side and down the other, I've said if the mistakes in BFV are repeated in BF6 (no rented servers, Live Service, weak anti-cheat etc.) then I can see myself not buying BF6.  But since I will also say that for the most part I'm still having fun in BFV, that makes me a "cheerleader" as one negativity conduit recently called me.  They just cannot grasp how anyone could see the problems but still have fun, so they have to resort to personal attacks, perhaps to keep from asking themselves if their opinions are entirely reasonable.  If you like the game, keep playing; if you don't like the game, move onto something else.  Seems simple to me.

I'm not really sure whether your stating what I said was wrong or whether your agreeing with me?

Also, not sure whether stating no middle ground is sarcasm, of course there is middle ground, I'll just assume it is sarcasm and move on.
  • TheNoobPolice
    1577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    One of EA's many design studios told EA to make BFV a live service game, that decision wasn't made by EA?  You also want us to believe that DICE had the option to use a different engine for this game, that EA's own Frostbite engine designed by DICE didn't have to be used, they could have paid Epic to use Unreal or whatever, seriously?  And you want me to believe I don't really see stationary opponents, me shooting them must just be luck?  And me watching various weapons jumping around when I fire them until I have the right upgrades and have figured out the recoil isn't really happening, I'm just imagining that?  And all those AP mines I see and either avoid or destroy from a safe distance, something else that's only in my mind I guess.  And that tank I took from one end of Hamada to the other last night, including helping to cap five objectives, did my tank have a cloaking device I was unaware of?  And attrition doesn't encourage players to get kills and then claim their victim's ammo in your games, funny, I do that all the time if I'm not playing Support.  And since we're always told it's about teamwork, shouldn't your squad have a Medic to deal with the health issue, or should we just forget that teamwork stuff and bring back the full auto-heal crutch?   All these folks I see building fortifications and fixed weapons and then using them to great effect, how interesting to learn from you that means they're not real BF players, who knew?  I don't mess with brightness setting between maps, that must mean I'm doing it wrong.  The UI, well, okay, can't argue with that one, it's stunningly bad.  Animations, well in some cases I see what they were going for, the idea that someone can exit a vehicle and instantly shoot someone always seemed weird to me.  Removing things that worked in previous titles, oh yeah, you nailed that one, it's bizarre that DICE thinks "change" and "better" are interchangeable terms--clearly some of the things they dropped worked much better than what they're using now.

Look, you make some good points here.  But some of these things are absurd, like DICE gives orders to EA instead of the other way around.  Or that they could have chosen another company's engine for this game, come on, even you know that's ridiculous.  You could have cut that list in half and done well, but as it is many of your points are either not credible or rely purely on your opinion, e.g. posts here over the months from folks who would like to see more construction rather than less--what makes you right and them wrong other than your personal preference?

The post was mainly intended as a bit of light-hearted humour whilst pointing out some of the most obvious flaws with the game. You seem like you took it extremely literally.

One thing I will say though is EA = DICE; they are all the same company. DICE is just a brand name for the dev team now, there's other teams at EA too - there's a Customer Support team, a Sales team, HR, Publishing, Legal, there's an AI development team called "Seed" too, but it's all just "EA". If I had said EA at the top of the post instead of DICE would that have made any difference? Not really. This "good cop / bad cop" thing that goes around in the community is very naive.

• Frenchterran
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Seeing fellow people with actual eyes make me feel better. Nontheless are we **** and we have to stay with this. It's absolutly too late to change anything. But i'll still play one evening a week with my angry friends to get angry with them hoping we will have fun. 

The game has good graphics though ..
  • JamieCurnock
    580 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Seeing fellow people with actual eyes make me feel better. Nontheless are we **** and we have to stay with this. It's absolutly too late to change anything. But i'll still play one evening a week with my angry friends to get angry with them hoping we will have fun. 

The game has good graphics though ..

I thought it had great graphics but the pixelated trees on the one x are looking real bad. They weren't there on release (that I noticed) but now it happens in most games. Something has happened on one of the patches, now trees look like Minecraft until they 'pop in' properly. Very annoying.
  • Itsmoy97
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've been playing BFV since beta and it was horrible. I didn't enjoy it at all. But after the patches that fixed vaulting, I started enjoying it a lot. But I again feel like the most recent patch that added firestorm ruined the game. The net code is horrible again. Getting shot thru concrete walls. My character takes longer to respond to my input. Rubberbanding again. Bullets passing thru targets without a hit marker. Guns have super recoil for some reason. Idk if that last one is just my aim got worse or what. The game definitely needs more maps. Half the current maps suck. I play on Xbox One.
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    All i know is that whenever i pick up the game again i get frustrated and generally dont have a fun experience.

The list above from Thenoobpolice is pretty inclusive of my feelings.
    Well, immersive inclusive is the goal nowadays.
    But seriously, if you go to BF 4 and enter the driver's seat of a dune-buggy from the right-rear quarter-panel, you will see how seamlessly and nice it feels to just hop right in without some clunky animation putting you in the passenger seat of an empty vehicle (BF V), and then when you try to switch to the driver's seat, they move you to the mounted machine gun in the back seat, then 20 seconds and 3 animations later you are ready to drive. Total fail boat, that one.
  • Gundidrone
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BFV is definitely missing that fun element.

BF2/3/4 were all super addictive but V feels like a game you have to play seriously to get a decent score.

I’m not sure what went wrong though maybe it is the restricted respawning on squad mates, only having 4 in a squad and slower revive times that are slowing down the gun fights to much.

A lot of wasted content in this game they could have not given us and just given us more maps instead.

Like I never play the coop mode, practice range, battle royal and single player campaigns.