Weekly Debrief

I hate this game and I'm done

Comments

• Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BFV is not a bad game, it's actually a good game but not a fun game anymore.

Too much realistic stuffs killed the fun. I miss the Jihad jeep in BF4.

These dumb, unrealistic and time wasting things are what made BF4 fun.

Both those videos were awesome!
    Jeep Stuff was kinda catchy.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Billydoc1 wrote: »
    too many new devs in DICE who don't know what BF is
    my verdict

That's the most probable cause for this game's lack of identity.
    The devs don't seem to know which direction to go or what to do with the game.
    They keep trying to help new players while complety ignoring the fans and ruining what makes Battlefield games so great.
  • Redstripe101
    2559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree OP, this game was dead the second it went into production. zero community engagement, zero quality control, and underneath the bugs upon bugs upon bugs you still have a BF game thats lackluster in an era of war that EVERY OTHER STUDIO has made somewhat enjoyable.

Trust me, EA is walking around with a big stick right now. An Australia studio not even relevant to BF franchise has already taken their lumps for BF5 failings, reduced to 50% staff. This is just the beginning lol.

The ONLY game not failing is Apex and EA had zero developmental input on it. That should tell you something.

I'm just here to watch, BF5 been uninstalled over a month now.
  • Redstripe101
    2559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    krliathbirdeate said:
    Looks this thread will be close they don't want to hear

The thread will be closed because there's 0 discussion to be had. Absolutely none. Just "No it's not that bad" and "You can go already" or "YES IT IS THAT BAD YOU GO OP SHOW THEM WHO'S BOSS" responses. 0 actual discussion.

show me a post that you've had more agree with you lmao. Thanks for the laugh, I can always count on you
  • spartanx169x
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree OP, this game was dead the second it went into production. zero community engagement, zero quality control, and underneath the bugs upon bugs upon bugs you still have a BF game thats lackluster in an era of war that EVERY OTHER STUDIO has made somewhat enjoyable.

Trust me, EA is walking around with a big stick right now. An Australia studio not even relevant to BF franchise has already taken their lumps for BF5 failings, reduced to 50% staff. This is just the beginning lol.

The ONLY game not failing is Apex and EA had zero developmental input on it. That should tell you something.

Please do tell about the Autrailia studio. What have you heard and from what source? I don't doubt you , but would like like to read the article myself. 
  • Legarhead
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 5
    I'm hating this game and not having fun the more I play it....I mostly play the medic and get outguned by every other class. Grinded to get the two new guns to replace the weak SMG but those just turned me into a sniper and be nowhere near my team that I should be healing. I liked fb4 a lot more (Until they patched it so the guns have more spread)
  • Legarhead
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Bf4 was broken at launch, but almost fixed before may 2015, until dice la broke it again by that spring patch and netcode issue.

Yep...that patch really messed up the gun play.
  • FragbaitDax
    221 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

This. Nailed it.

My frustration is that there is a lot of potential here, the game could have been glorious but was mismanaged seemingly at every turn.

This was my first BF game since Bad Company 2 and my first multiplayer BF experience. It has certainly changed my perspective on ANY game that EA has a hand in. I will absolutely never pre-order any of their games in future, and I'll be very careful about purchasing any as well. There is no excuse at all for this poor product and the senior execs at EA should be held to account. This isn't about trying something bold and it not working out, this is a failure completely at the strategic level and the inability to appropriately risk manage and invest adequately in product development.
  • Redstripe101
    Redstripe101 said:

Please do tell about the Autrailia studio. What have you heard and from what source? I don't doubt you , but would like like to read the article myself. 

just google search it, plenty of sources to choose from.
  • Marcusspinner
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love this game and I'm not done
  • Statistic68
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This one is my favorite.

23 . Remove features and functionality in past games that people enjoyed, and replace them with things no one wants, likes or asked for.

But honestly, who put these devs in charge of game's vision?  They have literally destroyed it with dumb ideas, taking out good ones.  It's actually been going on since BF1.  Instead of noting the great things that past BF has, and asking the die hard 15 year loong players like myself what they want, they pulled this.  So many small things used to be so great, like for example in 2142 if your commander or squad leader gave you an order, and you acknowledged it, you actually got like 20 points or something.  Little by little the franchise has gone down hill, but BF1 and BF5 are a hot mess..
  • StarscreamUK
    7290 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Who put them in charge, they wrote it.  Lars has been with battlefield since the beginning
  • ShevermiN
    390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This game makes Hardline look like a masterpiece.
    Hardline was a masterpiece  .....  please don't speak ill of Hardline I miss it.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    819 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This one is my favorite.

23 . Remove features and functionality in past games that people enjoyed, and replace them with things no one wants, likes or asked for.

But honestly, who put these devs in charge of game's vision?  They have literally destroyed it with dumb ideas, taking out good ones.  It's actually been going on since BF1.  Instead of noting the great things that past BF has, and asking the die hard 15 year loong players like myself what they want, they pulled this.  So many small things used to be so great, like for example in 2142 if your commander or squad leader gave you an order, and you acknowledged it, you actually got like 20 points or something.  Little by little the franchise has gone down hill, but BF1 and BF5 are a hot mess..

Read through some of the past threads during BF1's lifecycle, the vast majority of the things added to V where demanded by the community, in particular people claiming to be 'Vets'. 

Also you know that by carrying out said order you still get points right?
  • aseveredfoot
    2446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    Billydoc1 wrote: »
    too many new devs in DICE who don't know what BF is
    my verdict

That's the most probable cause for this game's lack of identity.
    The devs don't seem to know which direction to go or what to do with the game.
    They keep trying to help new players while complety ignoring the fans and ruining what makes Battlefield games so great.

I think the problem is more that they try to help new players while simultaneously trying to address the core, committed players. But their methods haven't made for fun, fair gameplay.

They axed 3d spotting, made weapons less easy to use, dropped TTK down with more weapon damage. All moves intended to address the committed players who wanted a less casual game, but all moves that made it hard for new players to enjoy. If they can't get any kills, they won't have fun and won't play, and worse, they'll tell their friends it's not a fun game.

So how did they try and make it easier for new players? They gave them bipods. It makes it easier for them to get kills, sure, but who likes trying to attack a flag only to get mowed down by a barely visible player with a 981 rof MG42? It's fun for one player but frustrating for the other, punishing the player who wants to capture flags.

Ultimately I think they just need to strike a better balance between skills based and casual gunplay. But don't design gameplay that has very frustrating meta and downsides for both skilled and casual players, because no one will be happy.
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi,
    Still playing BF4 and having a great time. The original poster received quite a few upvotes. 

The servers in BF4 seem to be suffering - hit detection has deteriorated to the point where you just hope that you are doing the right thing. 

After playing through the BF4 netcode issues, i realised i should not purchase a game at release - and 6 months after BFV release - too many significant and key issues are a problem for players. I can see it is available for £22.99, but if the issues persist, then it would seem to be wasted money. 

One thing i cannot fathom, is why there is no competition for Battlefield. Why are there no other developers creating a similar game ?. The Battlefield crown (if it exists) is ripe for the taking. 

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 
    I was asking the same question in a thread a few weeks ago.  How has no one else made a BF replacement?  
  • CaptainHardware
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hi,
    Still playing BF4 and having a great time. The original poster received quite a few upvotes. 

The servers in BF4 seem to be suffering - hit detection has deteriorated to the point where you just hope that you are doing the right thing. 

After playing through the BF4 netcode issues, i realised i should not purchase a game at release - and 6 months after BFV release - too many significant and key issues are a problem for players. I can see it is available for £22.99, but if the issues persist, then it would seem to be wasted money. 

One thing i cannot fathom, is why there is no competition for Battlefield. Why are there no other developers creating a similar game ?. The Battlefield crown (if it exists) is ripe for the taking. 

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 
    I was asking the same question in a thread a few weeks ago.  How has no one else made a BF replacement?  
    Too expensive, market too limited overall. The number of AAA shooters coming out keeps going down and down. Back in the era of about BF3 and earlier a couple games did attempt direct competition with the battlefield games, but none caught on enough to have steady squeals and the cost of developing a competitive product was a lot lower back then. Attempts to compete on a low budget like that WW3 game that released last year meanwhile have just flopped. WW3 was actually pretty good in conception, but too bugged on release to be reliable, and unlike the BF4 release it didn't have a vast amount of content to make up for it. Because again, not enough money.

Games focused on smaller number of players have always been more popular. BFV made a bunch of stupid decisions to try to attract those players into battlefield, but these decisions were made by people who obviously don't realize how unworkable that is, they basically destroyed core game play loops instead and generally brought frustration to the forefront of the game play. Basically BFV highlights the reasons why most shooters don't have 64 players on two teams, instead of showing off how fun battlefield used to be.

Splitting the live service even further for player chasing reasons just made this worse. Someone at EA thought they could attract every kind of player to battlefield with this live service. But instead they've just made everyone unhappy because they split the content three dramatically different ways, normal, firestorm, 5v5. And the playerbase sucks as a result creating all kinds of ripple effect problems from that.