This Week in Battlefield V

Planes ruin the game

Comments

• Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    Infantry in BF1 suffered from the dumb Vehicle spawn system, their is nothing that forced them to use the Fighter plane or Attack plane instead of Bomber plane to farm infantry kills.

And it's even worse in BFV because they actually broke the balance completely destroy the role of the Fighter plane, it's ridiculous that Bombers are now have way better maneuver than a Fighter plane and can out turn them. People are dogfight Fighter plane and have a higher chance to win with Bomber, that's just dumb.

No one want to use Fighter planes anymore because they hardly being threat for Infantry and they're almost useless again Bomber. People just hop on a Bomber to bomb the crap out down below and call it a day.
    9 out of 10 bombers (only JU-88A is "decent") are completely useless compared to BF1 and no threat at all for infantry in modes like conquest, no need to take them down.

Without spots on console the bomber has a very hard time to kill anyone with the poor visibility, bad flight mechanics and very small blast radius/poor damage.

Last patches even nerfed the bombing planes to beyond useless.
    I'm on console. I guess no-one told the bombers on Fjell that they were useless yesterday? Because me and my squad were constantly getting carpet bombed and wiping. I think it's the fact that literally all the cover from above on Fjell is completely destructible (eg the cabins at C and E) and there's not much of it to begin with, meaning that bombers have more or less unrestricted access to the objective airspace. Combine this with the normally reasonably high density of players on an objective such as C point, and you can just fly over and get a few kills basically every time. Should planes be removed from Fjell? No, I think they do fit and it adds to the atmosphere a lot. But they definitely need toning down - perhaps limiting the number of bombers available to a team at any time, or improving the infantry AA capabilities on the ground (more and/or stronger stationary AA, plus making the Incendiary Rounds spec on certain MGs more useful). As a side note for Fjell which might also help with the plane problem - having the snowstorm occur more often would be nice, it really changes the feel of the map in a good way, helps with crossing some of the very open areas, and obscures air vision so planes can blind fire their bombs on objectives but can't necessarily target a group of players.
  • NLBartmaN
    3304 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dr_X2345 said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    Infantry in BF1 suffered from the dumb Vehicle spawn system, their is nothing that forced them to use the Fighter plane or Attack plane instead of Bomber plane to farm infantry kills.

And it's even worse in BFV because they actually broke the balance completely destroy the role of the Fighter plane, it's ridiculous that Bombers are now have way better maneuver than a Fighter plane and can out turn them. People are dogfight Fighter plane and have a higher chance to win with Bomber, that's just dumb.

No one want to use Fighter planes anymore because they hardly being threat for Infantry and they're almost useless again Bomber. People just hop on a Bomber to bomb the crap out down below and call it a day.
    9 out of 10 bombers (only JU-88A is "decent") are completely useless compared to BF1 and no threat at all for infantry in modes like conquest, no need to take them down.

Without spots on console the bomber has a very hard time to kill anyone with the poor visibility, bad flight mechanics and very small blast radius/poor damage.

Last patches even nerfed the bombing planes to beyond useless.
    I'm on console. I guess no-one told the bombers on Fjell that they were useless yesterday? Because me and my squad were constantly getting carpet bombed and wiping. I think it's the fact that literally all the cover from above on Fjell is completely destructible (eg the cabins at C and E) and there's not much of it to begin with, meaning that bombers have more or less unrestricted access to the objective airspace. Combine this with the normally reasonably high density of players on an objective such as C point, and you can just fly over and get a few kills basically every time. Should planes be removed from Fjell? No, I think they do fit and it adds to the atmosphere a lot. But they definitely need toning down - perhaps limiting the number of bombers available to a team at any time, or improving the infantry AA capabilities on the ground (more and/or stronger stationary AA, plus making the Incendiary Rounds spec on certain MGs more useful). As a side note for Fjell which might also help with the plane problem - having the snowstorm occur more often would be nice, it really changes the feel of the map in a good way, helps with crossing some of the very open areas, and obscures air vision so planes can blind fire their bombs on objectives but can't necessarily target a group of players.
    So the planes are not the problem, the map is, it is by far the worst map in the game.

The weather effects should be toned down a lot in the sky, every weather effect makes flying not just hard, but impossible and that is just toatlly wrong in a game that has vehicles.

The "good" part about Fjell is: it really pays of to have air superiority, even the poor crap ombers can get kills on conquest once your team has air superiority, it is something to fight for for pilots.

On other maps with planes and conquest planes have almost no impact on the game.
  • JCN66
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 13

Would not say that planes ruins the game, Fjell maybe, but I just don’t play that map at all. Mostly it is zero to two deaths by planes in round, at least in conquest, not big deal. It just that from infantry point of view, killed by plane is as exciting that game randomly would kill you. You can hit tanks with two classes gadgets and stationary guns, even destroy one all alone, but there is no gadget against planes. This is fighting game, infantry should be able to hit planes too with gadgets, or at least weapons should do substantial damage to planes. Bombers should be removed from game, and then balance other planes better.

Other problem is maps, there is big need to get more and better maps, both, with planes and without, so that everyone can choose which they like more.

Post edited by JCN66 on
  • tempo_rarity
    1057 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Add four more 'free' AA guns to Fjell and they'll become like semi-objectives .
    You want to achieve or destroy an Air Superiority on the Flags? You're going to need to secure those AA's too .
    . . .
    The AA 'flak gun' shreds planes , if you know what you're doing .
    It was one of the old BF'42 activities that I was looking forward to using again , and it's apparently like riding a bike . 
    . . . 
    Has anyone RPG'd a plane yet?  I keep trying to nail the low-passers with one .
    I'm curious what'll happen .
  • SirBobdk
    4070 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    . . . 
    Has anyone RPG'd a plane yet?  I keep trying to nail the low-passers with one .
    I'm curious what'll happen .
    Often I fly too low when strafing infantry with mg and get killed by an RPG.
    It's quit effective and your plane gets destroyed immediately.

• EmineNc33
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It's a plane based map, and if you can always jump in a fighter to shoot those bomber down, it's not hard at all.

Says the guy who has only fired 500 rounds in 170 hours of gametime.
    your stats are disgusting, and your opinion is ooo invalid
  • BlindChance
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fragnstein wrote: »
    Especially on maps like fjell. Aa is pretty much useless on a bomber so they just come right at you. Not to mention the plane just flys so low where the window to do any dmg is small. All you can do is hope your team has someone capable to deal with them, but then it's just the same problem for the other team then.

It's a plane based map, and if you can always jump in a fighter to shoot those bomber down, it's not hard at all.
    "It's a plane based map" There's no such thing. A plane based map is air superiority where everyone has a plane. 
    The point is that the map favours planes too much:
    • lack of ground vehicles
    • mountains provide cover from AA fire
    • snow, flags positioning and obvious choke points make air on ground combat super easy
  • SAYNExx
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly fjell could do with a good panzerstorm treatment, with more fortifications in pathways, and other contestable areas with buildable AA. In conjunction if for every foot of space available you added an additional foot (so in essence keeping layout the same but doubling the actual distance, it would make carpet bombing less effective due to being more spread out, yet still keep the "death corridor" the map seems to be designed for.
  • ragnarok013
    3226 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Planes have been annoying infantry since BF3. No change there.
    They shouldn’t be on Fjell though.
    Planes have been annoying Infantry since BF1942, it's just in certain entries or maps Planes and Helis have been worse than others. Regarding Fjell, I agree, I'd really like aircraft removed from that map as it would make it infinitely more playable.
  • RantingTheRant
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF is a team based game. If one AA cannot kill one bomber, then have two AA's firing at it. There should be enough stationary AA on the Fjell map.

Also, during loading screen, one of the hints mentions: defending. I don't know if CoD players understand this concept or only rush point to point and kill everything, or at least try to, eliminate enemies on the path.
  • RABiDJustice
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 13

They need to do something. The ground vs air game play is terrible and I have never seen anyone that likes the air vs air game ether.

• IDirtY_SeCreT
    530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So many construction sites and with every patch DICE is opening a new one :D
  • SirBobdk
    4070 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

They need to do something. The ground vs air game play is terrible and I have never seen anyone that likes the air vs air game ether.

I have lost hop.
    There have been many really good suggestions for improving air vs ground and air vs air in this forum, but nothing seems to happen.
    It seems Dice priorities are elsewhere, but also as if current devs have no experience in this area.
    The bottom line is that we have a bad experience with the game.

• MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My solution to fjel and planes .. don't play conquest simple as that
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF is a team based game. If one AA cannot kill one bomber, then have two AA's firing at it. There should be enough stationary AA on the Fjell map.

Also, during loading screen, one of the hints mentions: defending. I don't know if CoD players understand this concept or only rush point to point and kill everything, or at least try to, eliminate enemies on the path.
    Well maybe the AAs would work better if Dice didnt decided to surround them with Sandbags and various other objects that ruin your view.
  • PrecisionWing
    635 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Stahlmach wrote: »
    RantingTheRant said:

Well maybe the AAs would work better if Dice didnt decided to surround them with Sandbags and various other objects that ruin your view.

I got a better solution, how about let us allow aa to shoot through mountains and give them Xray vision plus unlimited range?
    We need a balanced game, no need to change SAA setting.
  • Hawxxeye
    5576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    It is a map problem and not a plane problem just like in Aerodrome the normally pathetic tanks can rack kills
    Mode, don't forget the gamemode^^
    Yes that too
  • AduaneroKill
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Easy boy. Play domination.
  • RantingTheRant
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Sandbags can be partially destroyed, so are some constructions.

When you don't have a good angle, your teammates might. That's why it's important to "camp" the SAA's and/or defend flags so teammates can help each other.
  • Hindenburg1911
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    add more planes plz