Planes ruin the game

Comments

• Steamer2010
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just remove Bombers from Fjell. Let them have dogfights all they want, but this bombing **** on that map is just stupid.
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    fragnstein wrote: »
    Especially on maps like fjell. Aa is pretty much useless on a bomber so they just come right at you. Not to mention the plane just flys so low where the window to do any dmg is small. All you can do is hope your team has someone capable to deal with them, but then it's just the same problem for the other team then.

It's a plane based map, and if you can always jump in a fighter to shoot those bomber down, it's not hard at all.
    That is the problem: it shouldn't be a plane based map. It is mountainous terrain with no VEHICLES. Aerodrome on the other hand, has hangars and is better suited for planes--it's in the name for crying out loud.
    Hashtag FJAILL
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My solution to fjel and planes .. don't play conquest simple as that
    I bet your solution to being cut off in traffic is to simply stop driving and walk to work instead.
  • Astr0damus
    Public Service Announcement: BF 1 has dedicated maps and servers for DOGFIGHTING ONLY.
    Please go there as soon as possible.
  • Matty101yttam
    795 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fjell is just a bad map.

Planes are ok, they are better balanced with choppers though.

Planes > tanks + choppers

Choppers > tanks + inf

Tanks > other surface vehicles + inf

The main point with that balance system is that vehicles are of primary concern to each other.
    The last couple of games have lacked that middle man, so it's tanks + planes vs inf, which doesn't play well, they really need to bring back the vehicle vs vehicle emphasis to give inf some space, i can't count the amount of times i've been shot by a vehicle because it's just easier and quicker to shoot inf rather than other vehicles(i'm not joking...i mean tank v tank they will break target and fire on me instead).
    They also need to reduce the drop on some AT weapons, i really miss the across the map shots on planes, atm and in bf1 the drop was so severe the round would simply fall out of the sky if it was a flag and a half away(well it felt that way).
  • Hawxxeye
    5184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just remove Bombers from Fjell. Let them have dogfights all they want, but this bombing **** on that map is just stupid.
    This is all that keeps the map moving
    Otherwise it would have the same campfests as on Breakthrough
  • Masqerader
    621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 3
    Really? People complaining about planes when they were completely nerfed into oblivion in Dec.

Never had a problem killing bombers or planes with AA, think it might just be a you problem

Post edited by Masqerader on
  • Hawxxeye
    5184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Really? People complaining about planes when they were completely nerfed into oblivion in Dec.

Never had a problem killing bombers on planes with AA, think it might just be a you problem

I have seen a spitfire VA going 21-1 on the axis bombers
  • SmokeD_BabooN
    447 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Planes have been annoying infantry since BF3. No change there.
    They shouldn’t be on Fjell though.
    Planes have been annoying Infantry since BF1942, it's just in certain entries or maps Planes and Helis have been worse than others. Regarding Fjell, I agree, I'd really like aircraft removed from that map as it would make it infinitely more playable.
    Not true, A,B aa's cover a large portion of the sky. D comes close, C is usually disputed so not really a threat, and E is limited. But there are 5 planes each side +1 if capped C. 
    If there is any team coordination and even if pilots are newbs, planes harrasing each other will actually end in AA range on all flags. So threat eliminated.
    People are complaining being generally bad with planes.

Map layout is not great, but it is easy to blame planes instead not so much those capers overlooking C with Boyi AT rifle.
    Irony
  • xKusagamix
    897 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The problem with plane in Fjell is not the plane itself but the selfish people who just hop on a Bomber anytime they can instead of using the Fighter plane to chase enemy's bombers. And people who refuse to use the AA to help their fellow pilots in their own spawn base.

Sadly most of the problems in gaming today is because of the "pro players" who only think about their K/D.
  • ElliotLH
    7755 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Public Service Announcement: BF 1 has dedicated maps and servers for DOGFIGHTING ONLY.
    Haven't those been dead since a little while after Apocalypse launched?
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My solution to fjel and planes .. don't play conquest simple as that
    I bet your solution to being cut off in traffic is to simply stop driving and walk to work instead.
    no... cycle actually.

you ALWAYS have a choice. if you dont like something, do something about it
  • spartanx169x
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The problem with plane in Fjell is not the plane itself but the selfish people who just hop on a Bomber anytime they can instead of using the Fighter plane to chase enemy's bombers. And people who refuse to use the AA to help their fellow pilots in their own spawn base.

Sadly most of the problems in gaming today is because of the "pro players" who only think about their K/D.
    I respectfully disagree at least in regard to BFV and BF1. I would argue that  a lot of the game play issues(ignoring glitches) are due to the fact that DICE does not separately balance the game for console and PC. What is "easy" on PC is often not the case on console. DICe appears to often make a gameplay change because of PC  players complaining something is too easy  etc. DICE makes the change and then on console  it ends up having and amplified effect. Guns that PC players complain about are often not an issue on console. Another example is the so called medic trains on BF1. I have 400+hrs on BF1 and in that time I've seen one medic train. But to see PC player posts you would have thought it was an every match thing. DICE refuses to acknowledge that there can be stark differences in gameplay  by PC players and console players.  
  • trip1ex
    4650 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Hawxxeye said:
    This is all that keeps the map moving
    Otherwise it would have the same campfests as on Breakthrough
    ^^^^^ Truths ^^^^^^
  • Astr0damus
    ElliotLH said:
    Haven't those been dead since a little while after Apocalypse launched?
    Probably.. I wouldn't know since I don't fly. But I believe BF 1 has RSP... I think the pilot-horses should pool their lunch money and go there immediately.
  • Khomrad_Dredge
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe we'll get lucky and they'lll add that  Anti-Air Rocket system for assault and it will actually be good.
    The Flybabies will cry for sure but it will be on assault and Dice hardly ever nerfs assault at least not in ways that actual fix balance
  • StormSaxon
    560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Though it makes a twisted sense to give some OP vehicle killer to assault, they will nearly all use it to spam towards Infantry that their op assault rifles or SLRs can’t kill. Assault needs nerfing hard.

So no. Give that thing to support or recon.

• KumanoChinpei
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love to use planes and whenever its available I jump in it.
    But I agree planes ruin ground battle completely.
    It brings randomness to ground battle unnecessary.
  • Khomrad_Dredge
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Though it makes a twisted sense to give some OP vehicle killer to assault, they will nearly all use it to spam towards Infantry that their op assault rifles or SLRs can’t kill. Assault needs nerfing hard.

So no. Give that thing to support or recon.

As a support main I would love that, especially since in BF1 it was apparently "Our job" to shoot at aircraft with our LMGs.
    But if you give it to us its guaranteed to get nerfed, no one likes it when supports have fun.
  • WesleyF09
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "Planes" is different from "bombers"