Planes ruin the game

Comments

  • StormSaxon
    538 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    StormSaxon said:
    So. Found that AA guns are actually pretty good at killing planes once you learn to pace you shots.



    Been absolutely wrecking them... really annoying the crap out of them. Bombers are easiest. Best bit is when they get all upset and coming flying strait at me, then my buddy in a plane finishes them off.



    If the timing is right you can die, respawn in AA tank, annoy them again, then by the time they kill you (usually quicker than a stationary) but a new stationary has respawned.



    It’s becoming a new pass time for me now. Smashing planes.

    cool, but please do not do it from the red zone >_<People who spend more than 30 sec in a red zone need to take 200% more damage form all sources unless they got no captured bases at all

    I’ll do it wherever the AA stationary is.
    AA tank... well varies on the map... but I find you need to be within quick driving distance of a resupply station and with a good view of the plane resupply point... some maps like mercury you don’t have a lot of options.
    Others, you have to move.
  • VincentNZ
    2574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex said:
    VincentNZ said:
    trip1ex said:
    VincentNZ said:
    trip1ex said:
    VincentNZ said:
    trip1ex said:
    some people get their panties in a twist too much over dying from a plane like they don't die otherwise.  lol.

    simple math says a pilot going 50-0 only kills every enemy player an average of  1 1/2 times per round.  that's not many deaths per player from a plane and 50-0 rounds don't grow on trees at least they didn't in BF1.  They  happened but not constantly.

    Meanwhile the average player  gets killed  by tanks and snipers and nades and bush wookies and shadowlords 10-20x more often.  But hey blame the planes for ruining the game.  


    This would hold true if everyone went 50-0 in this game. You get killed a lot more by the individual pilot that gets 50 kills than you get killed by the MMG prone guy going 17-8, which is an above average killcount. If we hypothetically look at the highest K/Ds per round chances are pretty high the pilots will be up there. Further the planes absolutely grow on trees, Fjell has 11 for example, which means one in six guys is in a plane and it is an immense force multiplier.
    They work solo at 100% efficiency, they have can simply outmaneuver any counter, infantry can not counter them, MAA only can deny a certain area and not available at all times and areas, SAA range and damage is sub-par, while all these counters are under the constant threat from everyone else on the field.
    Planes only have to worry about the other planes, while they can inflict heavy damage on the ground and herein lies the problem. If there is no real counter, fine, then you should not be able to do a lot of damage on the ground, simple as that.
    That didn't make any sense.  :)



     I guess you mean the 50-0 part? Well let me try again. If player X goes 50-0 and we assume that all kills are done with the same probability then he will kill each player 1-2 times in a round. If infantry player Y goes 50-0 and we assume the same parameters he will also have killed everyone 1-2 times, regardless of the playstyle or if that is annoying to some. However, I would argue that a good pilot will with more ease reach 50-0 while it is infinitely harder to do so as infantry, especially with the mentioned playstyles. So the good MMG user, might have, in the same round 32-12 or something similar, which means, he will have only killed every enemy once per round.
    Added to that is that the plane has less chance of being destroyed, because there often is no counter available, while the MMG user can be countered by 32 players. That is why you will die more relatively speaking to good pilots, than to good infantry or tankers.
    There is that one guy that I keep running into, ibusbybear that is always in a plane, namely the Spitfire and he will regularly go 20-50:1-3, and that means, without hating on him, that he will be the reason why games are plain ruined, similar as when Stodeh joins.
    No I mean your entire post has no meaning in relation to my post.  

    The gist of what I said is a player gets killed way way more often by tanks and infantry way than by planes.

    And then you respond to me arguing a pilot can more easily get a great result (50-0) than a soldier on the ground.  

    Do you see the discrepancy here?  :)





    Yeah in an absolute sense, this is true, relatively speaking not. I was kind of explaining both points. I see your point in any case, but as of now, planes are just a personal force multiplier, like say in Star Wars everybody fights for Endor and one guy happens to spawn in the Death Star. Similar to a killstreak reward without having done kills before. And that is how they are used. Herein lies the issue, they are to good at everything while nothing is really good against them.
    IT's called a strawman.  

    And as for your strawman argument...what you say just comes across as sour grapes because  planes are even more of a nonfactor in BFV.   They can't see anyone on the ground like they could in past games because of the lack of spotting.  You can routinely play 4 rounds with planes and not be killed by a plane.  Meanwhile infantry is a personal force multiplier.  The guys at the top boards routinely are infantry with high kdr.  I see plenty of infantry going 40-6ish on a regular basis.  BFV made the 6kdr guy in BF1 into a ~7-8 kdr guy in BFV.  

    And planes are counters to other planes.  AA is a counter.  MObile AA is a counter.  Moveable AA is a counter.   Everyone's main gun can damage planes.  And I always see highlights of players shooting planes out of the sky with a Panzerfaust etc.  

    If you really think a plane is such a personal force multiplier then you would be in one.  But of course that's not the case.  They are not easy street.  Because of all the counter sabove and the fact you need some skill to do well with planes.  And some coordination with teammates.  You need the other side to not pay attention to you when you're in the air.  


    Mate, you clearly did not think this through so let me deconstruct your arguments. You are calling my argument a strawman yet cite highlight clips from Panzerfausts hitting planes as a counter. Why not also count mines at the runway on Hamada? I also just watched a recap of the patch and in one scene the player unloaded about 70 MG bullets onto a bomber at a rather short range of say 200m to deal 7damage total. It was the 1922 and I do not think that has the incendiary rounds spec, so I guess you could increase it to 16 damage with two weapons that are capable of doing so in very limited timespans and niches. So that is a counter to you, well done.
    Now the SAA, yeah, technically they possibly maybe could take out planes and I have done so, yet again it is a very special niche that needs to be applied. The plane needs to be unaware of me, visible and shootable for a long time, I need to dedicate my whole time doing it (especially if I use a towable as you recommend). It also needs to be there or (re)constructed, I need to use it proactively (in anticipation), not reactively, and as a bonus I would need to be a support with the stationary gunner trait equipped to fire longer and increase my DPS. Also planes need to be in the vicinity, otherwise I am a waste of space. All the time I am vulnerabel to 31 players on the field including the pilot.
    With the MAA it is the same, mostly, but it can be where it is needed, well that is if it could move fast and is actually on the map. Again you have to worry about everything else on the battlefield and yes planes pose as much a danger to the MAA as vice versa.
    Planes are indeed a counter and I guess many players do dogfight from time to time. However the real smart guys found out that you have a way easier time taking out infantry instead of wasting ammo and time for other planes netting you only one kill. So, we can argue back and forth if these truces do exist or not, the counters are the following:
    The other planes, 1-4, maybe an AA if it is spawnable, is actually spawned, and can find the time to deal with you, if you are in reach. And of course, let us not forget the 1000 unsung heroes that sporadically have manned or man a SAA or indeed drive a towable AA around. In numbers that is 1-6 people who can kill or at least mildly inconvenience you.
    .
    And matey, you sure have not looked at my stats thoroughly or not at all. I play alle weapons and gadgets and I am still a medic main, which tanked my stats a bit. Now bftracker, does not show K/Ds for vehicles, however we can still calculate if a vehicle and especially a plane is a force multiplier. My K/D sits at 2.55 and I have a total of 583 vehicle kills. Now I am not going to do the exact math, yet I guess my vehicle K/D (mainly halftrack) is about 4ish.
    https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/ibusbybear/overview This is the only pilot main I know, 34k kills with planes, mostly Spitfire, 14k kills as infantry with an average K/D of 2.0. This is good. However his overall K/D sits at 4.53, so we could expect that when counting just planes it must be somewhere around 5ish? Now that is a pilot main, you might want to argue, so what about the real good guys that in your anecdotal evidence have K/Ds of 7-8 when playing infantry?
    Well we can thankfully just check the leaderboards. The top K/D guys on the leaderboards range from 18-5 and, guess what, the big outliers most likely exclusively man a vehicle. Many in the lower parts of 8-5 K/D are infantry mains. However, if they played vehicles for a relevant amount, their overall K/D is mostly higher than their infantry K/Ds. So we must assume that they fare better when using vehicles, often far better. I would assume that with these mixed guys the plane K/Ds are even higher than tank K/Ds. Now it would be more definite if we had actual K/Ds for the tanker and pilot classes, but with a little judgement you can still come to the same conclusion that any vehicle is a force multiplier even across all skilllevels.
    Admittedly it is a tad harder to fly a plane in a 3D environment compared to a tank that runs on a surface, yet the benefits are higher, if you can reach the easy-medium skilllevel.
    You also do not need teammates at all in a plane, you also do not need coordination, these K/Ds are inflated for most infantrymen as well since they will get revived thousands of times, which a pilot rarely will. Even the most average guy can man the bomber at the start of the round, bomb the enemy gimme, for 2-6 kills and jump out, redeploy, shot down, try to get more kills and inflate his K/D. The in-game definition of a force multiplier.



  • Hawxxeye
    5149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 26
    VincentNZ said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    VincentNZ said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    It sounds so easy to farm kills with a bomber. 
    only if you know where the enemies are at with an error of a couple of meters.
    Otherwise an action man will get more total kills from the ground than a bomber.

    You can get into them at the start of the round, bomb the gimme flag of the enemy, get 4 kills and jump out, redeploy or try to get some more. That is easy and convenient and all in all great value.
    It is not fun enough if you cannot see what you are trying to kill.
    The enemies look like ants in a black floor

    To stay in that metaphor: If they are ants, imagine how easy it is to crush them with your feet.
    Sadly the bullets are not as large as my feet are compared to ants, the bullets are like ants themselves compared to the infantry
    Imagine trying to hit ants on a black floor by shooting single cell organisms on them, in a line one at a time after the other.

    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • trip1ex
    4637 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 26
    VincentNZ said:
    trip1ex said:
    VincentNZ said:
    trip1ex said:
    VincentNZ said:
    trip1ex said:
    VincentNZ said:
    trip1ex said:
    some people get their panties in a twist too much over dying from a plane like they don't die otherwise.  lol.

    simple math says a pilot going 50-0 only kills every enemy player an average of  1 1/2 times per round.  that's not many deaths per player from a plane and 50-0 rounds don't grow on trees at least they didn't in BF1.  They  happened but not constantly.

    Meanwhile the average player  gets killed  by tanks and snipers and nades and bush wookies and shadowlords 10-20x more often.  But hey blame the planes for ruining the game.  


    This would hold true if everyone went 50-0 in this game. You get killed a lot more by the individual pilot that gets 50 kills than you get killed by the MMG prone guy going 17-8, which is an above average killcount. If we hypothetically look at the highest K/Ds per round chances are pretty high the pilots will be up there. Further the planes absolutely grow on trees, Fjell has 11 for example, which means one in six guys is in a plane and it is an immense force multiplier.
    They work solo at 100% efficiency, they have can simply outmaneuver any counter, infantry can not counter them, MAA only can deny a certain area and not available at all times and areas, SAA range and damage is sub-par, while all these counters are under the constant threat from everyone else on the field.
    Planes only have to worry about the other planes, while they can inflict heavy damage on the ground and herein lies the problem. If there is no real counter, fine, then you should not be able to do a lot of damage on the ground, simple as that.
    That didn't make any sense.  :)



     I guess you mean the 50-0 part? Well let me try again. If player X goes 50-0 and we assume that all kills are done with the same probability then he will kill each player 1-2 times in a round. If infantry player Y goes 50-0 and we assume the same parameters he will also have killed everyone 1-2 times, regardless of the playstyle or if that is annoying to some. However, I would argue that a good pilot will with more ease reach 50-0 while it is infinitely harder to do so as infantry, especially with the mentioned playstyles. So the good MMG user, might have, in the same round 32-12 or something similar, which means, he will have only killed every enemy once per round.
    Added to that is that the plane has less chance of being destroyed, because there often is no counter available, while the MMG user can be countered by 32 players. That is why you will die more relatively speaking to good pilots, than to good infantry or tankers.
    There is that one guy that I keep running into, ibusbybear that is always in a plane, namely the Spitfire and he will regularly go 20-50:1-3, and that means, without hating on him, that he will be the reason why games are plain ruined, similar as when Stodeh joins.
    No I mean your entire post has no meaning in relation to my post.  

    The gist of what I said is a player gets killed way way more often by tanks and infantry way than by planes.

    And then you respond to me arguing a pilot can more easily get a great result (50-0) than a soldier on the ground.  

    Do you see the discrepancy here?  :)





    Yeah in an absolute sense, this is true, relatively speaking not. I was kind of explaining both points. I see your point in any case, but as of now, planes are just a personal force multiplier, like say in Star Wars everybody fights for Endor and one guy happens to spawn in the Death Star. Similar to a killstreak reward without having done kills before. And that is how they are used. Herein lies the issue, they are to good at everything while nothing is really good against them.
    IT's called a strawman.  

    And as for your strawman argument...what you say just comes across as sour grapes because  planes are even more of a nonfactor in BFV.   They can't see anyone on the ground like they could in past games because of the lack of spotting.  You can routinely play 4 rounds with planes and not be killed by a plane.  Meanwhile infantry is a personal force multiplier.  The guys at the top boards routinely are infantry with high kdr.  I see plenty of infantry going 40-6ish on a regular basis.  BFV made the 6kdr guy in BF1 into a ~7-8 kdr guy in BFV.  

    And planes are counters to other planes.  AA is a counter.  MObile AA is a counter.  Moveable AA is a counter.   Everyone's main gun can damage planes.  And I always see highlights of players shooting planes out of the sky with a Panzerfaust etc.  

    If you really think a plane is such a personal force multiplier then you would be in one.  But of course that's not the case.  They are not easy street.  Because of all the counter sabove and the fact you need some skill to do well with planes.  And some coordination with teammates.  You need the other side to not pay attention to you when you're in the air.  


    Mate, you clearly did not think this through so let me deconstruct your arguments. You are calling my argument a strawman yet cite highlight clips from Panzerfausts hitting planes as a counter. Why not also count mines at the runway on Hamada? I also just watched a recap of the patch and in one scene the player unloaded about 70 MG bullets onto a bomber at a rather short range of say 200m to deal 7damage total. It was the 1922 and I do not think that has the incendiary rounds spec, so I guess you could increase it to 16 damage with two weapons that are capable of doing so in very limited timespans and niches. So that is a counter to you, well done.
    Now the SAA, yeah, technically they possibly maybe could take out planes and I have done so, yet again it is a very special niche that needs to be applied. The plane needs to be unaware of me, visible and shootable for a long time, I need to dedicate my whole time doing it (especially if I use a towable as you recommend). It also needs to be there or (re)constructed, I need to use it proactively (in anticipation), not reactively, and as a bonus I would need to be a support with the stationary gunner trait equipped to fire longer and increase my DPS. Also planes need to be in the vicinity, otherwise I am a waste of space. All the time I am vulnerabel to 31 players on the field including the pilot.
    With the MAA it is the same, mostly, but it can be where it is needed, well that is if it could move fast and is actually on the map. Again you have to worry about everything else on the battlefield and yes planes pose as much a danger to the MAA as vice versa.
    Planes are indeed a counter and I guess many players do dogfight from time to time. However the real smart guys found out that you have a way easier time taking out infantry instead of wasting ammo and time for other planes netting you only one kill. So, we can argue back and forth if these truces do exist or not, the counters are the following:
    The other planes, 1-4, maybe an AA if it is spawnable, is actually spawned, and can find the time to deal with you, if you are in reach. And of course, let us not forget the 1000 unsung heroes that sporadically have manned or man a SAA or indeed drive a towable AA around. In numbers that is 1-6 people who can kill or at least mildly inconvenience you.
    .
    And matey, you sure have not looked at my stats thoroughly or not at all. I play alle weapons and gadgets and I am still a medic main, which tanked my stats a bit. Now bftracker, does not show K/Ds for vehicles, however we can still calculate if a vehicle and especially a plane is a force multiplier. My K/D sits at 2.55 and I have a total of 583 vehicle kills. Now I am not going to do the exact math, yet I guess my vehicle K/D (mainly halftrack) is about 4ish.
    https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/ibusbybear/overview This is the only pilot main I know, 34k kills with planes, mostly Spitfire, 14k kills as infantry with an average K/D of 2.0. This is good. However his overall K/D sits at 4.53, so we could expect that when counting just planes it must be somewhere around 5ish? Now that is a pilot main, you might want to argue, so what about the real good guys that in your anecdotal evidence have K/Ds of 7-8 when playing infantry?
    Well we can thankfully just check the leaderboards. The top K/D guys on the leaderboards range from 18-5 and, guess what, the big outliers most likely exclusively man a vehicle. Many in the lower parts of 8-5 K/D are infantry mains. However, if they played vehicles for a relevant amount, their overall K/D is mostly higher than their infantry K/Ds. So we must assume that they fare better when using vehicles, often far better. I would assume that with these mixed guys the plane K/Ds are even higher than tank K/Ds. Now it would be more definite if we had actual K/Ds for the tanker and pilot classes, but with a little judgement you can still come to the same conclusion that any vehicle is a force multiplier even across all skilllevels.
    Admittedly it is a tad harder to fly a plane in a 3D environment compared to a tank that runs on a surface, yet the benefits are higher, if you can reach the easy-medium skilllevel.
    You also do not need teammates at all in a plane, you also do not need coordination, these K/Ds are inflated for most infantrymen as well since they will get revived thousands of times, which a pilot rarely will. Even the most average guy can man the bomber at the start of the round, bomb the enemy gimme, for 2-6 kills and jump out, redeploy, shot down, try to get more kills and inflate his K/D. The in-game definition of a force multiplier.




       blah blah blah.  I'm not going to read that load of bs.  :)   The problem is I did think.   
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All the flares I fire off.  Shocked I haven't accidently hit a plane yet.
  • VincentNZ
    2574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    All the flares I fire off.  Shocked I haven't accidently hit a plane yet.

    The flare shoots up in the sky, so it must be a valid counter.
    @trip1ex No worries, mate, sometimes it is better to just let stuff go when one has a hard time comprehending.
  • trip1ex
    4637 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 26
    VincentNZ said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    All the flares I fire off.  Shocked I haven't accidently hit a plane yet.

    The flare shoots up in the sky, so it must be a valid counter.
    @trip1ex No worries, mate, sometimes it is better to just let stuff go when one has a hard time comprehending.

    I was thinking more like sometimes it is better to not read 3 long paragraphs of blah blah blah because it's a complete waste of time.   :)
  • SirBobdk
    3922 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BFV has a balance problem with air vs ground, but also air vs air.
    But I think most people forget how air was before with bombers, attack planes, attack choppers and little bird.
    BFV air is nothing compared to previous BF and almost harmless, just like tanks. 
  • Hawxxeye
    5149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    BFV has a balance problem with air vs ground, but also air vs air.
    But I think most people forget how air was before with bombers, attack planes, attack choppers and little bird.
    BFV air is nothing compared to previous BF and almost harmless, just like tanks. 
    BRRRRRRRRRRTTTT
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMUVDiQqXgI
  • VincentNZ
    2574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @trip1ex Sorry, I might have come off a bit harsh, I know we disagree fundamentally, I meant it more with an wink to end the discussion, since we have a hard time understanding each other's POVs fully, I believe. I still enjoy a good argument though. :smile:
    .
    @SirBobdk I think it is not as bad as in BF3 and predecessors, where nobody could really deal with planes and rounds were basically over when you had a guy in a round with a substantial skilllevel. BF4 did it well, though, In particular because we had the choppers as a medium, that is dangerous against everyone, but also rather vulnerable to many sources. Jets also had only limited Anti-infantry capabilities, came in fewer numbers and came in two main roles which were AT (with limited AI and AA capabilities) and AA (with limited AT capabilities). BFV has free choice of whatever is best for killing infantry, I do not think many people would complain about planes if free vehicle spawn was gone and we had an MAA, Fighter, Stuka and Bomber on every map.


  • SirBobdk
    3922 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 27
    VincentNZ said:
    BFV has free choice of whatever is best for killing infantry, I do not think many people would complain about planes if free vehicle spawn was gone and we had an MAA, Fighter, Stuka and Bomber on every map.


    Agree. Free choice of planes is a bad idea, but also the ability to carpet bomb on small maps and game modes with lot of infantry clustered together.
     I'm not sure this game is suited for bombers due to size of maps and lack of cover. 
    Post edited by SirBobdk on
  • VincentNZ
    2574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I also believe that a lot of frustration also stems from the carpet bombing at the start of the round, where the random dude in a bomber will kill between 2-8 guys, since there is nowhere to go at the start than the gimme flag. They could simply spawn the planes a minute into the round, when most flags are either already taken or the players are split up, so that it is indeed a deliberate choice for the bomber pilots where to bomb.
  • Hawxxeye
    5149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    I also believe that a lot of frustration also stems from the carpet bombing at the start of the round, where the random dude in a bomber will kill between 2-8 guys, since there is nowhere to go at the start than the gimme flag. They could simply spawn the planes a minute into the round, when most flags are either already taken or the players are split up, so that it is indeed a deliberate choice for the bomber pilots where to bomb.
    They used to have that spawn delay for the planes at the start of the round. why did they scrap that?
    I liked it cause it meant that the ADHD kiddies would spawn as infantry instead of competing with me for the plane slot and it was also solving the gimme flag bombing problem.
  • trip1ex
    4637 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    @trip1ex Sorry, I might have come off a bit harsh, I know we disagree fundamentally, I meant it more with an wink to end the discussion, since we have a hard time understanding each other's POVs fully, I believe. I still enjoy a good argument though. :smile:



    I can't say we disagree because I am not sure what you're saying and you aren't arguing against anything ai said.   You seem to agree planes really aren't a pain in the grand scheme of things but are worried that there are some players out there that are uber pilots and are able to dominate especially on the right team with the right coordination.
  • kreepypriest
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They really need to bring back base Automated AAs...so pilots don’t circle your base and farm..on bf 1 a person would be guaranteed a free kill if they hoped on the AA and took down bombers or attack planes when the match started.
  • okiie_918
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For everyone saying planes are useless.. I guarantee you don't wanna see me or any FlyBoys on the other team! Your thought process would change! Here is videos to prove so!









    As of right now planes are broken and unplayable and all you can do is farm infantry without having to worry about air. Stop complaining to each other about dumb **** and complain about how broken the game is and how it's at an unplayable state ATM! We need a hot fix or this game is dead as ever!
  • sabootheshaman
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 29
    Has any BF title launched with balanced planes/jets?
  • VincentNZ
    2574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Has any BF title launched with balanced planes/jets?

    BF4 was alright. Fighters killed Attack Planes, Attack planes killed vehicles, no planes could farm infantry, MAA was present on most maps and would serve as area denial tool, and also choppers were good at killing anything while also being vulnerable to anything. All the while set vehicle spawns made sure the vehicle distribution was balanced for the map.
    Now if a map had the chance to spawn eleven Attack Helis, I do not know if that would be good.
  • SirBobdk
    3922 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Has any BF title launched with balanced planes/jets?

    Not really but it was worse in BF2 and 3.
    Even in BF4 i could farm infantry with the stealth jet mg. BF1 GS AT was also insane vs infantry. BFV air is just broken and boring. And for most pilots Its easy mode since there are almost no skilled pilots left.
  • PrecisionWing
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 29
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    sabootheshaman said:
    Has any BF title launched with balanced planes/jets?


    BF4 was alright. Fighters killed Attack Planes, Attack planes killed vehicles, no planes could farm infantry, MAA was present on most maps and would serve as area denial tool, and also choppers were good at killing anything while also being vulnerable to anything. All the while set vehicle spawns made sure the vehicle distribution was balanced for the map.
    Now if a map had the chance to spawn eleven Attack Helis, I do not know if that would be good.

    Bro, clearly you didnt know how MAA works in bf4, it was never a area denial tool, it is whole map coverage, no aiming needed noob friendly vehicle, you dont even to aim with that ARM to mobility hit an air vehicle whole map away.
Sign In or Register to comment.