This Week in Battlefield V

Uninstalled

Comments

• SpinachVsKale
    185 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Astr0damus damn not my shotgun brother lol. That sucks your leaving also :( I had BF4 for the PS3 might grab it for the xbox.
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Astr0damus damn not my shotgun brother lol. That sucks your leaving also :( I had BF4 for the PS3 might grab it for the xbox.
    Do it! PS: I haven't unlocked any shotties yet for BF 4, but when I do......   >:)
  • Redstripe101
    2559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Funny how my feedback posts never got responses directly or via patch updates yet this social thread has more EA responses than all of my other posts combined, and not because of the topic, but because of the number of views the post recieved so it has to be reported up weekly to get a check in the block in their update reports.

This is another problem you have EA/DICE
  • aseveredfoot
    2446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've uninstalled this game like 3 times now, but as I apparently hate myself I keep reinstalling hoping next time I'll have fun and maybe I'll see what it is that's so good about bfv that so many people seem to defend.

But I do care about OP's feelings on the matter as I remember him being extremely involved in the community, doing giveaways and such. And he's not alone, I know so many longtime vets who've thrown up their hands with the franchise that the culture I remember when I first started is all but unrecognizable to me now. And it's not been replaced with a better one.
  • RayVonUK
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am in and out of here all the time too, I have spent so much of my time playing and enjoying this franchise, I really want to be able to enjoy it again now but the state of the game makes it really hard.  I am the only one left from my twenty man BF2 clan that still enjoys playing BF.

I think that says it all, they didnt stop gaming either just stopped enjoying battlefield.
  • SpinachVsKale
    185 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 16
    Do it! PS: I haven't unlocked any shotties yet for BF 4, but when I do......   >:)
    Make sure to use slugs in BF4 when you do, they're actually viable in that game. I recommend the spas-12 :)
  • Redstripe101
    2559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus said:

SpinachVsKale said:

Make sure to use slugs in BF4 when you do, they're actually viable in that game. I recommend the spas-12 :)

m1014 with acog
  • Redstripe101
    I dont even need the game to report issues, look at this greatness I found on the forum. And you monetized this crap? lmao

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/generalsarcazm/video/72869566
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Here's something interesting (if true)

• aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Funny how my feedback posts never got responses directly or via patch updates yet this social thread has more EA responses than all of my other posts combined, and not because of the topic, but because of the number of views the post recieved so it has to be reported up weekly to get a check in the block in their update reports.

This is part of the problem. You feel entitled to developers responding to YOUR posts.
  • Narfiam
    197 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I understand you. I sometimes think about returning to BF1, I enjoyed that game way more than BF V.
    For me BF1 is better in so many ways.
    - Better maps in BF1, the only maps I like in BFV are Aerodrome (only in Breakthrough and defending as german), Devastation and Panzerstorm (only in Breakthrough). In BF1 I found almost  all maps well designed and  with epic gameplay and ambientation.
    - In BF1 elite classes and behemoths gave the game more "personality" and despite the hate of a lot of people I found them a good addition and them protagonize a lot of epic moments.
    - In BF1 assault class was good and the most used class but not a jack of all trades master of all trades like it is in BFV, the only thing they lack is a scope in the pistols...
    - The TTD, TTK, netcode or whatever related to fast dying in BFV is garbage, I don't know if the problem is TTD, TTK or netcode, the only thing I know is I'm dying in a decime of second most of the times in this game, in BF1 I had time to react to enemy fire by firing them back or taking cover, in this game I have "WTF deaths" all the time.
    - Absurd "meta gameplay" behaviours that make this game feel ridiculous at times. Jumping for avoiding shots like a Quake game, ADAD spam,...
    - In BFV the custom loadout of the classes is worse than BF1, you cannot combine the gadgets in the way you want, you have three predefined gadgets for each slot, you cannot combine them as you want like you did in BF1.

The only thing in which BFV is better than BF1 is the tank gameplay, which is more satisfactory in BFV and minor things like character customization.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 17
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    Here's something interesting (if true)

I'd rather they not make it. It's different devs in charge and trust me they'll want to do their own spin on it. They'll completely ruin it.
    You might wanna think after the fail of BF5 they might learn a thing or two and stop trying to make it a whole new game while messing up everything they change. But when I look at the recent changes made to the chat filter...

• GRAW2ROBZ
    1673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 17
    I been asking for BC3 long before we got BF3,BF4,Hardline,SWBF1,BF1,SWBF2,BF5.  But yeah i'm worried they will botch it.  Also possibly next year ?  Only a one year gap from BF5?  Also why they only hyping PS5 in the video?  I read a article PS5 doesn't even top XBOX2 anaconda at all.  Anaconda has more GPU and memory.  PS5 only tops the low end cheap $250 XBOX2.  Unless the spec's change.  Not to start a console war.  Just going by the article.  I'm sure specs could change.  But ya would think not.  Since most likely these system have to be already in the process of being developed by now.  Companies need dev kits to get games out before end of next year.

• Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hoping that the company that created this Joke called BF V magically creates their next Shooter like the second Coming of Christ, is like moving back to your abusive partner because he/she promised you everything will be different now. Unlike the last two times......
  • Prep768
    3434 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

This is part of the problem. You feel entitled to developers responding to YOUR posts.
    I'm gonna disagree with you there. You make the effort to post the issues in the bugs section yet get no response. Only until you make a post in general that gathers momentum is when you get noticed.. 

OP does not feel entitled - just expects a response, as do I
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've uninstalled this game like 3 times now, but as I apparently hate myself I keep reinstalling hoping next time I'll have fun and maybe I'll see what it is that's so good about bfv that so many people seem to defend.

But I do care about OP's feelings on the matter as I remember him being extremely involved in the community, doing giveaways and such. And he's not alone, I know so many longtime vets who've thrown up their hands with the franchise that the culture I remember when I first started is all but unrecognizable to me now. And it's not been replaced with a better one.
    My problems with BFV are mostly not about gameplay, for the most part I think the game runs quite well (the poor network performance notwithstanding) and most of the design choices I dislike are relatively minor.  What does make me unhappy is the policies EA has applied to the game--no rented servers, live service, weak anti-cheat being the big three for me.  In the long run I think those things will hurt this game badly, and if they're repeated in BF6 then that might be a game I don't buy.

If I stop having fun in BFV then I'll stop playing, I've walked away from dozens of games over the years, PUBG being a recent example.  But I sure won't waste time coming here to remind people I've uninstalled, that's like calling up your ex-girlfriend every now and then to tell her how happy you are without her--it's weird.

There are a lot of valid criticisms of this game and the companies behind it posted here, I agree with many of them.  But there is also some theatrical nonsense posted by folks who seem to have developed an emotional need to rant and rave over this game, and some of them are on the disingenuous side.  Nobody who survived the first year of BF4 could honestly believe that BFV isn't in way, way better shape than BF4 was at this point.  The big difference between those two games is the horrible business model for BFV has resulted in a trickle of added content, whereas BF4 had twice as many maps at the same point in its development and ended up being three times the size it was at launch.

The worst thing is that I suspect EA knows they've made a game that will be smaller and have a shorter lifespan, and they're okay with that, it's actually what they wanted to do.  We the players care more about the quality and longevity of BF games more than EA does.  They just want to sell lots of copies and then have everyone buy lots of skins and then uninstall BFV and buy BF6 in a couple of years, disposable games are now what they want to make.  Players care about games, corporations care about profits, and this particular corporation doesn't even seem to know that a quality game that's played for years could be very profitable indeed.  Damn shame.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Prep768 said:

I'm gonna disagree with you there. You make the effort to post the issues in the bugs section yet get no response. Only until you make a post in general that gathers momentum is when you get noticed.. 

OP does not feel entitled - just expects a response, as do I
    The problem is, they do respond in general. But OP directly said "this social thread has more EA responses than all of my other posts combined." First it was "They don't talk to us" and it's turned into "They don't talk to me" and that's not something OP is entitled to or has justified.
  • StarscreamUK
    7283 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited April 18
    The EA responses are from the community team, ie those in charge of ensuring the forums are as expected (as part of their duties)

They are not part of the dev team, nor are they in contact with the dev team.
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The fact this has four entire pages should tell you the people on this board have nothing to do. This game is dead as hell as far as the future. I doubt I will ever reinstall it.