Weekly BF

#MakeSnipersGreatAgain - How to fix BF 5 scoped Air guns

Comments

• von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If Dice simply copy-pasted BF1 bolt action rifles and their stats but without sweet spot, it'd be perfect. But alas it will never happen as long as class and weapon balance do not exist.
    Just up that rate of fire, I had a way easier time to get the Gewehr 95 to 100 stars than any other rifle.
  • GP-Caliber
    650 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    if they increase the velocity by 100 for each rifle the bolt actions will be fine.
  • xKusagamix
    999 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 15
    It's weird that after the Beta they changed the Attrition system and give everyone more ammo and a health pouch at start but simply ignore about the effect it has on BARs.

That poor upclose damage for the BARs is because there's more people running around with less than full health and mostly you'll just need 2 shot bodyshot to kill someone in the Beta. That's how pretty much every guns in the game are designed with a specific damage model.

Other weapons are less effected by the current Attrition system but BARs are heavily rely on the ability to kill as quick as it need (higher damage upclose, not 1 hit body kill, faster time to switch to sidearm) in a game with such low TTK like BFV.

They messed up and couldn't figure out how to balance it anymore.

Heck, even Medic with SMGs could do much bettwr with the Beta's Attrition system.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 15
    Yep, recon, especially with bolt actions, is as weak as it's ever been and DICE doesn't care.

Don't even bother with their trash tier weapons. Just play assault instead. That's clearly how DICE intends the game to be played.

BF1 bolt actions without the sweetspot would have been perfect imo. Even BF4 bolt actions would be significantly better than what we have now with their significantly lower drop, higher velocity at longer ranges, and one hit kill at close range to the chest.

They should, but won't:
    1. Increase muzzle velocities to realistic values like in BF1.
    2. Increase chest shot damage, especially at close ranges.
    3. Double the range before dropoff to minimum damage to be like every other BF game.
    4. Remove scope glint from 3x scopes.
  • StormSaxon
    670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sniping isn’t too bad. I get ohkills and ohkilled pretty often.
    They just need better bullet speed, and scope glint removed from 3x (or added to all others)

BF1 sniping was easy, way too easy, so many cheap undeserving kills. BF4, my records show I did a lot of damadge with the L115.. but since I’ve done my best to wipe that atrocity from my mind I can’t remember what it was like... annoying and glitchy probabably. BF3, well everythingbwas fun in that... Bad Company 2... I remember some good sniping fun there but think that they were also pretty OP in that.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    xKusagamix said:
    It's weird that after the Beta they changed the Attrition system and give everyone more ammo and a health pouch at start but simply ignore about the effect it has on BARs.
    (...).

The attrition is another awful system. I mean, reward teamplay is one thing. Punishes you because there aren't someone to give ammo is another thing.

And with recon in particular, dice din't did anything to promote objective play. If you wanna be pronned at hill, maybe an sniper can be viable(still worse than a MG 42) and even MG's, i hate that the game isn't like BF 1 where an .303 bitish in a human MG or in a vehicle MG can damage vehicles. On BF 5 is like bf 4 where an chopper 7,62mg can damage light armored vehicles and a .408 CT can't damage unarmored vehicles. 

BF 1 offers much more cool ways to play
    Wanna play as an assault? At CQB you have SMG's, at medium, shotgun + slugs and can even counter sniper with an bipoded Ribeyrolles 1918
    Wanna play as a medic? Weapons available for all ranges, grenade launchers, etc
    Wanna play as a support? You have everything, from LMG's with incendiary ammo to take out planes to BAR M1918(closest thing to an "assault rifle")
    Wanna play as an recon? A lot of recognizance devices, rifles for all situations, for single shot/black powder elephant killers like Martini Henry to lever action carbines and long range rifles. Armor piercing ammo, shield, etc.

On BF 5 looks like DICE tried to FORCE you to play in certain way. Against vehicles, every class has at least an way to help while on BF 5 only one class have it.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sniping isn’t too bad. I get ohkills and ohkilled pretty often.
    They just need better bullet speed, and scope glint removed from 3x (or added to all others)

BF1 sniping was easy, way too easy, so many cheap undeserving kills. BF4, my records show I did a lot of damadge with the L115.. but since I’ve done my best to wipe that atrocity from my mind I can’t remember what it was like... annoying and glitchy probabably. BF3, well everythingbwas fun in that... Bad Company 2... I remember some good sniping fun there but think that they were also pretty OP in that.
    No, is not. See the BF tracker, snipers are the second less used type of weapon, losing only to shotguns.

And most scout players uses rifles like Martini/Russian Winchester/etc, rifles good for PTFO And no, snipers on BFBC2 are not op. Barrett M95 fires one shot each 2.5 seconds if i remember correctly. An shotgun + slugs can OHK in almost the same range with much less "off scope" accuracy and firing faster than anything else.
  • Hawxxeye
    6075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Problem is that Dice Sweden is treating them like sniper rifles instead of the standard issue rifles of the war. They should behave more like other guns in the game and not have so many arbitrary rules placed on them. As they are now, they're outclassed at most ranges and aren't even that good at long range compared to other weapons. The only thing they have going for them is their one shot kill potential which doesn't nearly compensate for all the drawbacks the weapons suffer from. They should consider

1: Increasing bullet velocity to be on par with other weapon classes
    2: Reducing hip fire penalty to be on par with other weapon classes when using iron sights
    3: Removing zeroing as a specialization and replace them with more useful perks
    4: Fixing Enfield bolt animation

Yes they are pretty bad, especially the ones who do not have 700m/s velocity.
    I am leveling up the lee enfield these days and I want to scratch my eyes off and the speed of the bullets and its damage which feels like hitting someone with a dart unless it is on the head.
    I also tried it with iron sights and any bolt cycling advantage was negated in closer ranges by the ghost ring and the other metal pieces obstructing the view
  • olavafar
    1994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I say this is pretty much every thread like this. Gun balance if fairly OK I think. I play all classes and guns and they all work almost equally well for objective play. Main difference between classes is the AT capabilities which makes Assault superior to the others.
  • xKusagamix
    999 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 15
    It always make me laugh when people complain that snipers aren't strong enough, and that there should be a hardcore mode. Stop having a fuss because your easy kills are no more. Its a niche class that is only useful and feasible to a team when a good player is using it. This is about balance as compared to the pace of the game. Dice finally understood that no matter what mechanic they introduce for the bolt actions, 90% of the players are just going to sit in no mans land doing nothing. The sweet spot mechanic would have been fine if people were aggressive with it, which they were not.

Dice went back to old school mentality with recon. If your just going to take potshots at people be prepared to be useless and at the bottom of the scoreboard. Don't think this wasn't intended.
    It always make me laugh when people using Assault class with SARs half of their playtime and talk about how Recon's BARs being "balanced".

Do you even know that the weapon variant that have highest bullet velocity in this game is SARs, not BARs?
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    It always make me laugh when people complain that snipers aren't strong enough, and that there should be a hardcore mode. Stop having a fuss because your easy kills are no more. Its a niche class that is only useful and feasible to a team when a good player is using it. This is about balance as compared to the pace of the game. Dice finally understood that no matter what mechanic they introduce for the bolt actions, 90% of the players are just going to sit in no mans land doing nothing. The sweet spot mechanic would have been fine if people were aggressive with it, which they were not.

Dice went back to old school mentality with recon. If your just going to take potshots at people be prepared to be useless and at the bottom of the scoreboard. Don't think this wasn't intended.
    Translating : Using an type of weapon should be an challenge mode in your opinion.

As for "no mans land doing nothing", see the bf tracker. Most scouts/recons use infantry variants and rifles like Russian winchester/Martini Henry. 

And old school mentality? Did you played any BF game before BF 3? Played BFBC2? Played BF 2? Snipers on this game was amazing. 
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The Bolt Actions could certainly do with more bullet velocity - the MAS 44 has I believe twice the bullet velocity of the Lee Enfield. They could also do with possibly having a much higher close range damage model - enough to OHK on a torso hit at very short ranges, around 10-20 metres I guess depending on the rifle. That would make iron sights a bit more viable and allow for more aggressive plays with bolt actions.
    SLRs could also do with a close range buff - make them one hit headshots at similar or slightly longer range to the bolt action one hit bodyshot. Again, this would allow for more aggressive plays with the SLRs but to get that OHK you need to land the headshot which at close range does require good, fast aim.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

This has to be bait.
  • SpinachVsKale
    185 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Snipers on BF 5 are the worst of the BF series. On BF 2, M95 deals incredible high damage against enemy vehicles and requires almost no leading, on BFBC2, M95 can pierce armored vehicles, OHK ship gunners behind armor and OHK enemies at any range on HC and up to 36m on SC. On BF3/4 snipers got nerfed to hell, an vehicle 7,62 mg can pierce armor but an .408 CT cartidge cant, but there are something called hardcore that makes sniping possible on BF3/4. Hardline had incredible deadly snipers with OHK range up to 50m and BF 1 brought more realistic ballistics to the game. 

I love playing BF 1 with Russian Winchester and iron sights or with Martini Henry. Even in BF 1 snipers aren't that deadly, i mean, the armored elite class can take an armor piercing(k-bullet) .30-06 SPGR into the head, at the same time that this combination can damage an heavy tank frontal armor; Martini Henry that was used for big games hunting but needs many shots to take out an horse on BF1, at least in ballistics, snipers on BF 1 fells like real rifles. Even the sound. I still remember when i visited an hunting "club" in Argentina and saw the wounds that an .45-70 round can do in a wild boar in patagonian cold montains. That was amazing. Such big animal dying so easily.

"snipers" on bf 5 looks much more like airsoft guns. Even the shotgun with under barrel rifle is better at sniping than snipers.
    I said the same thing about shotgun slugs. They're the worst they've ever been.
  • Hawxxeye
    6075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 15

What oldshcool mentality? The velocity of the rifles in bf1942 was almost of hitscan level. 2000m/s with no drop, do you understand what that means?

Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • Woodlbrad
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bolts need a min dmg dealt buff for chest shots 55dmg isn't enough.
  • DingoKillr
    3683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:

What oldshcool mentality? The velocity of the rifles in bf1942 was almost of hitscan level. 2000m/s with no drop, do you understand what that means?

Ooh pick me.
    Does it mean I can hit any target with little(almost none) leading on moving targets form extreme long range.
    In BFV a 500m/s bullet fired level would not reach 500m while in BF1942 a bullet of 2000m/s could reach that 500m in 0.25s and still keep going.
  • mf_shro0m
    1793 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    They should,
    1. Increase muzzle velocities to realistic values like in BF1.
    2. Increase chest shot damage, especially at close ranges.
    3. Double the range before dropoff to minimum damage to be like every other BF game.
    4. Remove scope glint from 3x scopes.

Exactly this.

1. Literally just buff muzzle velocities to their real life values
    2. Making chest shots OHK up to 30 and 60 metres for the lower damage BAs and the higher damage BAs respectively would allow players the better players to ptfo with the BAs

I don’t get why they haven’t done this. It’s simple