Weekly BF

#MakeSnipersGreatAgain - How to fix BF 5 scoped Air guns

Comments

  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 16
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    AduaneroKill said:


    Because you got the potential to destroy enemies with one shot using bolt actions.

    They just are hard to use, but rewarding and challenging while you are getting the skill.




    If a person is amazing with the bolt actions  eg. Stodeh, they are even more amazing with better weapons like ARs, SARs and MGs.Just because one very good player can have good results against much worse players, does not make them balanced.Balance implies that you get enough in return for giving up something else and considering that I have been destroyed in less than half a second by a turner SMLE where headshots were involved, I think that the bolt actions have not gained enough to compensate for what they have lost. Ergo they are not balanced.

    True, but think about BF1.
    Snipers were a true problem, because they were easy to use, due to sweet spot mecanic.
    So we got at least 15 snipers per team, doing attrition impossible.
    More so, the long distances in BFV would became this class overpowered just for the engadments distances.
    In my FPS in general and Battlefield games experiences, I think that less power to campers, better game you get.
    But you said the truth: its unbalanced.


    From what I hear snipers were useless in BF1 and scored very few kills, it's all about that agenda. Also the more power you give Assault class the more strain there is on vehicles as there are way more Assault around than if classes were actually balanced.
  • xKusagamix
    988 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    AduaneroKill said:


    Because you got the potential to destroy enemies with one shot using bolt actions.

    They just are hard to use, but rewarding and challenging while you are getting the skill.




    If a person is amazing with the bolt actions  eg. Stodeh, they are even more amazing with better weapons like ARs, SARs and MGs.Just because one very good player can have good results against much worse players, does not make them balanced.Balance implies that you get enough in return for giving up something else and considering that I have been destroyed in less than half a second by a turner SMLE where headshots were involved, I think that the bolt actions have not gained enough to compensate for what they have lost. Ergo they are not balanced.

    True, but think about BF1.
    Snipers were a true problem, because they were easy to use, due to sweet spot mecanic.
    So we got at least 15 snipers per team, doing attrition impossible.
    More so, the long distances in BFV would became this class overpowered just for the engadments distances.
    In my FPS in general and Battlefield games experiences, I think that less power to campers, better game you get.
    But you said the truth: its unbalanced.
    Even with all that advantages and being one of the best Battlefield game for Recon players, Recon class is still the 2nd least use in BF1. Recon was never a dominant class.
  • One_Called_Kane
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 16
    Hawxxeye said:


    Dice went back to old school mentality with recon. If your just going to take potshots at people be prepared to be useless and at the bottom of the scoreboard. Don't think this wasn't intended.



    What oldshcool mentality? The velocity of the rifles in bf1942 was almost of hitscan level. 2000m/s with no drop, do you understand what that means?

    Ah, you beat me to it.  Also I like how both the Italians and the Japanese used the Kar back in the day and nobody batted an eye.

    My 2 cents:
    My comfort level is to simply increase the base damage of the bolt actions across the board to the point where a bodyshot-pistol swap combo is feasible. When you start making the bolt actions OHK to the chest at 20m or more you may as well remove shotguns from the game. Personally I feel that a damage boost to the levels of BF2 (high damage, never OHK to a full-HP target) would probably be fine, especially in light of the attrition mechanics.

    As far as long range is concerned, those asking for "realistic" velocities need to understand that those are NOT simply going to Google and finding the highest number. For a sniper specifically, those are only ~100m/s faster than the fastest bolt action velocities in the game right now, which is still slower than the semi-auto rifles (which, as it happens are also slower than they could be. 940m/s Gewehr 43, anyone?). The thing that hurts the snipers in this game the most is the drag coefficient which is applied to every rifle projectile equally. The high-grain ammunition used by snipers should start out slower but over distance retain more velocity, carry more energy and have less flight time than ball ammunition. This is not represented in game, and consequently the higher velocity infantry weapons are still effective at long range.

    One option they could explore is to make the distinction between the "Recon" and "Sniper" trees more unique by granting "Snipers" Match Grade (they call it 'Low Drag') ammunition and to all bolt action weapons, while "Recons" would be shooting lighter, faster ammunition that does less damage but allows a higher rater of fire. Then tweak the weapon upgrade tress to make them a little more unique from one another. So distance players would gain better performance at range in exchange for rate of fire while those wishing for more close quarters play would enjoy a faster rate of fire and less lead time at shorter ranges (and honestly, scopeless BARs are an option I wish was available to all classes so the most common infantry weapons in the war weren't locked to a single class).

    TL,DR:
    1. No OHK bodyshot rifles in favor of damage and pistol buffs.
    2. Drag decrease over velocity increase for bolt actions.
    3. "Recon" / "Sniper" class balance
    4. Iron sighted bolt actions as common class weapons already please.
    Post edited by One_Called_Kane on
  • TheFightin
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The people wanting any changes to bolt actions are the one going 10-5 and complain their team is getting romped. The realm of good, useful snipers is few and far between now, they way it should be and the way it was intended.  Your crutch is gone, that was the plan for the class the entire time.
  • Masqerader
    639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 16
    Snipers were never great


    BF1, BFBC2, and hardcore mode of BF3/4 disagrees with you




    Hardcore bf3, 4  so crutch mode? and bf1 a broken mechanic ?
  • mf_shro0m
    1662 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    I think 30 and 60 is way too far personally. 20 meters at most imo. Even that seems a little high. In BF4 we had one hit kills to the chest out to 12.5 meters.

    We really don't even need one hit kills to make PTFO with bolt actions a more attractive option. It was great in BF1 because the bolt actions hit for a high enough damage at close ranges that you could swap to your pistol in a reasonable amount of time (400 ms) to finish the kill.

    It wasn't so fast that you were easily out-gunning classes that were designed for closer ranged combat, but it was still viable with quick reflexes and high accuracy. Especially if you were mindful of your positioning to give yourself a bit of a handicap for the slower 400 ms best case scenario TTK that you could achieve by swapping.

    With the bolt actions we have now and the slower swapping secondaries, it's no longer really viable. Especially when other weapons have much lower TTKs in comparison. Hitting for 60 damage means you can only really finish that kill with the revolver. Any other pistol is going to take too many shots - you'll be dead before you can even get them off against a competent player. And unfortunately the revolver is pretty slow to draw. Even the higher damage bolt actions are still going to require a couple of shots with your pistol to finish a kill besides the revolver.

    The swapping time is a consideration like you said. Even if the swapping times in BFV were faster a recon would be doomed if he came across more than one hostile.

    One reason for why I’m against limiting the OHK range to 12m and would be up for making BA’s OHK from 10-30m and 10-60m is that getting quickscoped by quickscopers in CQC is actually more annoying than getting sniped when we’re 30m apart. I was playing CoD WWII before I started playing BFV and quickscopers running around in CQC is f***ing annoying. Making BAs OHK past 10m would also leave the <10m range as shotgun territory

    The majority of the engagements in BFV are at 20-100m. If BAs were only OHK within 12m then recons would often have to try to land multiple pistol rounds at 50-100m or a second BA round and so ptfo would still be very difficult. It would also say to recons either you get up real close and use your gun like a shotgun or you stay at a range where you stand a good chance of landing 2 BA rounds which doesn’t really help.

    If however BAs could OHK to the chest at 10-30m and 10-60m then recons would be incentivised to stay within 30m or 60m of the enemies which is optimal for ptfo, without allowing good quickscopers to use BAs as shotguns and only actually making recons more effective at less than 60m

    @One_Called_Kane
  • xKusagamix
    988 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The people wanting any changes to bolt actions are the one going 10-5 and complain their team is getting romped. The realm of good, useful snipers is few and far between now, they way it should be and the way it was intended.  Your crutch is gone, that was the plan for the class the entire time.
    I bet you coud go 50/10 with BARs right?
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The people wanting any changes to bolt actions are the one going 10-5 and complain their team is getting romped. The realm of good, useful snipers is few and far between now, they way it should be and the way it was intended.  Your crutch is gone, that was the plan for the class the entire time.
    I bet you coud go 50/10 with BARs right?


    Just put him on ignore, I did, oblivious troll.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hawxxeye said:


    Dice went back to old school mentality with recon. If your just going to take potshots at people be prepared to be useless and at the bottom of the scoreboard. Don't think this wasn't intended.



    What oldshcool mentality? The velocity of the rifles in bf1942 was almost of hitscan level. 2000m/s with no drop, do you understand what that means?

    When you start making the bolt actions OHK to the chest at 20m or more you may as well remove shotguns from the game. Personally I feel that a damage boost to the levels of BF2 (high damage, never OHK to a full-HP target) would probably be fine, especially in light of the attrition mechanics.

    Yes, i agree. Much more damage(95) and much less time to switch to a sidearm should make sniping an PTFO viable.

    As for the different types of ammo, i an in favor of many types of "variants" to use in your sniper.
    - One "light bullet" with fastest possible speed and high drag, good for moving targets at medium range
    - One armor piercing bullet like K-bullet on bf 1
    - One with low drag but low initial speed
    - One explosive(used on eastern front)
    (...)

    As for ammo IRL, a .30-06 rifle with very low weight(110 grains) can fire a projectile at 3471 fps(1057m) - source apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a570469.pdf




  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Snipers on BF 5 are the worst of the BF series.

    Seriously, again? How many virtually identical posts on the same subject are enough? We get it, you like to play sniper and you're not happy that you can't dominate in BFV the way you did in other games, nobody is going to send you money for saying it again.

    Snipers never dominated in any BF game. Even on BFBC2, an shotgun + slugs can OHK in a similar range with far greater ROF and less hit shot accuracy penalty/aiming time

    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    AduaneroKill said:


    Because you got the potential to destroy enemies with one shot using bolt actions.

    They just are hard to use, but rewarding and challenging while you are getting the skill.




    If a person is amazing with the bolt actions  eg. Stodeh, they are even more amazing with better weapons like ARs, SARs and MGs.Just because one very good player can have good results against much worse players, does not make them balanced.Balance implies that you get enough in return for giving up something else and considering that I have been destroyed in less than half a second by a turner SMLE where headshots were involved, I think that the bolt actions have not gained enough to compensate for what they have lost. Ergo they are not balanced.

    True, but think about BF1.
    Snipers were a true problem, because they were easy to use, due to sweet spot mecanic.
    So we got at least 15 snipers per team, doing attrition impossible.
    More so, the long distances in BFV would became this class overpowered just for the engadments distances.
    In my FPS in general and Battlefield games experiences, I think that less power to campers, better game you get.
    But you said the truth: its unbalanced.
    Again, see BF tracker, bolt action rifles are less used than any other weapon on BF 1 EXCEPT shotguns.

    And even "bolt action rifles", are mostly used without an scope(mainly on consoles), so stop with "bf1 has 15 snipers on hills" nonsense because is not what the data shows.
  • Hawxxeye
    5918 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 17
    The people wanting any changes to bolt actions are the one going 10-5 and complain their team is getting romped. The realm of good, useful snipers is few and far between now, they way it should be and the way it was intended.  Your crutch is gone, that was the plan for the class the entire time.

    Nice strawman, but not even the crows are convinced.
    It is rich to cheese the game by overwhelmingly maining Assault and Support and bashing Recon/Scout as a crutch class
  • One_Called_Kane
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

    snippity-snip
    - One "light bullet" with fastest possible speed and high drag, good for moving targets at medium range
    Should be just ball ammunition. Same ballistic properties & damage profile as the same ammunition coming out of an equivalently chambered SLR with the caveat that a headshot will still be a OHK.

    - One armor piercing bullet like K-bullet on bf 1
    K bullets worked for a setting where the armor thickness of tanks was measured in fractions of an inch, but in the context of this game they would have no purpose other than perhaps to deal chip damage to halftracks. Not enough purpose to warrant adding in my opinion.

    - One with low drag but low initial speed
    Should have the same performance benefits as low-drag rounds currently do for the Kar and the Krag.

    - One explosive(used on eastern front)
    Explosive ammo would either be a gimmicky visual effect or overpowered cheese. Better off not messing with it.

    As for ammo IRL, a .30-06 rifle with very low weight(110 grains) can fire a projectile at 3471 fps(1057m) - source apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a570469.pdf
    Remington makes a sabot'd 55gr round that will hit 1200m/s, but it's inaccurate and I wouldn't trust it to reliably put down a coyote past a hundred yards, let alone an enemy combatant. That's a good source though, and it shows why there's more to a bullet's design than how fast it goes.
  • RookWoodek
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Snipers on BF 5 are the worst of the BF series.

    Seriously, again? How many virtually identical posts on the same subject are enough? We get it, you like to play sniper and you're not happy that you can't dominate in BFV the way you did in other games, nobody is going to send you money for saying it again.

    Snipers never dominated in any BF game. Even on BFBC2, an shotgun + slugs can OHK in a similar range with far greater ROF and less hit shot accuracy penalty/aiming time

    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    AduaneroKill said:


    Because you got the potential to destroy enemies with one shot using bolt actions.

    They just are hard to use, but rewarding and challenging while you are getting the skill.




    If a person is amazing with the bolt actions  eg. Stodeh, they are even more amazing with better weapons like ARs, SARs and MGs.Just because one very good player can have good results against much worse players, does not make them balanced.Balance implies that you get enough in return for giving up something else and considering that I have been destroyed in less than half a second by a turner SMLE where headshots were involved, I think that the bolt actions have not gained enough to compensate for what they have lost. Ergo they are not balanced.

    True, but think about BF1.
    Snipers were a true problem, because they were easy to use, due to sweet spot mecanic.
    So we got at least 15 snipers per team, doing attrition impossible.
    More so, the long distances in BFV would became this class overpowered just for the engadments distances.
    In my FPS in general and Battlefield games experiences, I think that less power to campers, better game you get.
    But you said the truth: its unbalanced.
    Again, see BF tracker, bolt action rifles are less used than any other weapon on BF 1 EXCEPT shotguns.

    And even "bolt action rifles", are mostly used without an scope(mainly on consoles), so stop with "bf1 has 15 snipers on hills" nonsense because is not what the data shows.
    I actually checked BF1 tracker and guess what? In last 2 months for most of the time BA rifles were 2nd THE MOST used weapons in the game. There were also days when it was TOP 1 or lower than 2nd place but it's still far from 2nd the least used guns. Have I done something wrong or you are just saying ****?


  • RookWoodek
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Snipers on BF 5 are the worst of the BF series.

    Seriously, again? How many virtually identical posts on the same subject are enough? We get it, you like to play sniper and you're not happy that you can't dominate in BFV the way you did in other games, nobody is going to send you money for saying it again.

    Snipers never dominated in any BF game. Even on BFBC2, an shotgun + slugs can OHK in a similar range with far greater ROF and less hit shot accuracy penalty/aiming time

    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    AduaneroKill said:


    Because you got the potential to destroy enemies with one shot using bolt actions.

    They just are hard to use, but rewarding and challenging while you are getting the skill.




    If a person is amazing with the bolt actions  eg. Stodeh, they are even more amazing with better weapons like ARs, SARs and MGs.Just because one very good player can have good results against much worse players, does not make them balanced.Balance implies that you get enough in return for giving up something else and considering that I have been destroyed in less than half a second by a turner SMLE where headshots were involved, I think that the bolt actions have not gained enough to compensate for what they have lost. Ergo they are not balanced.

    True, but think about BF1.
    Snipers were a true problem, because they were easy to use, due to sweet spot mecanic.
    So we got at least 15 snipers per team, doing attrition impossible.
    More so, the long distances in BFV would became this class overpowered just for the engadments distances.
    In my FPS in general and Battlefield games experiences, I think that less power to campers, better game you get.
    But you said the truth: its unbalanced.
    Again, see BF tracker, bolt action rifles are less used than any other weapon on BF 1 EXCEPT shotguns.

    And even "bolt action rifles", are mostly used without an scope(mainly on consoles), so stop with "bf1 has 15 snipers on hills" nonsense because is not what the data shows.
    I actually checked BF1 tracker and guess what? In last 2 months for most of the time BA rifles were 2nd THE MOST used weapons in the game. There were also days when it was TOP 1 or lower than 2nd place but it's still far from 2nd the least used guns. Have I done something wrong or you are just saying ****?


    The last 2 months doesn't represent the game at its peak, right now it's a complete nubfest and cannot compare to when competent people played the game still.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 17

    snippity-snip
    - One "light bullet" with fastest possible speed and high drag, good for moving targets at medium range
    Should be just ball ammunition. Same ballistic properties & damage profile as the same ammunition coming out of an equivalently chambered SLR with the caveat that a headshot will still be a OHK.

    - One armor piercing bullet like K-bullet on bf 1
    K bullets worked for a setting where the armor thickness of tanks was measured in fractions of an inch, but in the context of this game they would have no purpose other than perhaps to deal chip damage to halftracks. Not enough purpose to warrant adding in my opinion.

    - One with low drag but low initial speed
    Should have the same performance benefits as low-drag rounds currently do for the Kar and the Krag.

    - One explosive(used on eastern front)
    Explosive ammo would either be a gimmicky visual effect or overpowered cheese. Better off not messing with it.

    As for ammo IRL, a .30-06 rifle with very low weight(110 grains) can fire a projectile at 3471 fps(1057m) - source apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a570469.pdf
    Remington makes a sabot'd 55gr round that will hit 1200m/s, but it's inaccurate and I wouldn't trust it to reliably put down a coyote past a hundred yards, let alone an enemy combatant. That's a good source though, and it shows why there's more to a bullet's design than how fast it goes.
    Speed is a very interesting factor. See, a 14.5x114mm round can pierce 40mm of stell reinforced armor, the same penetration of an old 37mm cannon. Why? Because an 14.5x114mm is very fast, reaching 1100 m/s. What effectively defeats armor is speed. 

    And about armor piercing, anti tank rifles was what defeated blitzkrieg on eastern front. Hell, more PTRD-1941 was produced( almost 500.000  PTRD-41 ) than STG 44 ( 425,977 StG_44 ). On H&G i can use PzB 39 and PTRD 1941. On BF 5 no anti tank rifle exist. I talked to a hunter in Argentina, he said that even with a low weight bullet, he managed to kill an boar with one shot wit a .30-06 rifle and that the drop is negligible at 250m I really recommend visit the cold mountains of Patagonia but that is another discussion.


    ource of image : great-panorama.blogspot.com/2013/03/parque-nacional-los-glaciares-national.htm



    Snipers on BF 5 are the worst of the BF series.

    Seriously, again? How many virtually identical posts on the same subject are enough? We get it, you like to play sniper and you're not happy that you can't dominate in BFV the way you did in other games, nobody is going to send you money for saying it again.

    Snipers never dominated in any BF game. Even on BFBC2, an shotgun + slugs can OHK in a similar range with far greater ROF and less hit shot accuracy penalty/aiming time

    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    AduaneroKill said:


    Because you got the potential to destroy enemies with one shot using bolt actions.

    They just are hard to use, but rewarding and challenging while you are getting the skill.




    If a person is amazing with the bolt actions  eg. Stodeh, they are even more amazing with better weapons like ARs, SARs and MGs.Just because one very good player can have good results against much worse players, does not make them balanced.Balance implies that you get enough in return for giving up something else and considering that I have been destroyed in less than half a second by a turner SMLE where headshots were involved, I think that the bolt actions have not gained enough to compensate for what they have lost. Ergo they are not balanced.

    True, but think about BF1.
    Snipers were a true problem, because they were easy to use, due to sweet spot mecanic.
    So we got at least 15 snipers per team, doing attrition impossible.
    More so, the long distances in BFV would became this class overpowered just for the engadments distances.
    In my FPS in general and Battlefield games experiences, I think that less power to campers, better game you get.
    But you said the truth: its unbalanced.
    Again, see BF tracker, bolt action rifles are less used than any other weapon on BF 1 EXCEPT shotguns.

    And even "bolt action rifles", are mostly used without an scope(mainly on consoles), so stop with "bf1 has 15 snipers on hills" nonsense because is not what the data shows.
    I actually checked BF1 tracker and guess what? In last 2 months for most of the time BA rifles were 2nd THE MOST used weapons in the game. There were also days when it was TOP 1 or lower than 2nd place but it's still far from 2nd the least used guns. Have I done something wrong or you are just saying ****?


    That is recently, not in BF 1 during his peak. In nutshell nobody wanna play as sniper on BF 5, so people who like sniping rather play with actual rifles instead of BB guns. That is why, the sniping fans aren't playing bf 5...
  • RookWoodek
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How the hell am I suppose to check that? I don't see option to change time periods on this site. BTW You said check the BF tracker, I did it, proved you wrong and now you say it isn't valiable :D 

    Anyway I totally agree that in comparison to BF1, snipers have a much harder time in BFV, BUT from the other hand in BF1 it was waaaaay too easy to play as recon. I, person who spent almost none time in BF3/4 playing as sniper, could easily get 20-10 or better stats in match. Main reason of this was that ridiculous "sweet spot" mechanic which made your upper chest shots OHT on certain distances. It's hard to tell now but around 35%-45% of my kills was "thanks" to that mechanic.

    I can remember that there were at least 10 snipers in each team every match (which is little less that 30% of whole team, and yes, I was counting in few matches). FFS, in my game of nightmares enemy team has 20 of these ****.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    About 10 "snipers", scout/recon and sniper are two different things.

    Someone with an Martini Henry count as "sniper" despite probably being much more close to the objective than someone with an Mondragon on bf 1 or MG 42 on BF 5. On consoles, iron sight rifles are far more used than sniper rifles; anyway, the game is not an WW1 game? What is the problem with people using bolt action/single action/lever action rifles in a ww1 game? Not every FPS needs to be CQB run & gun with an SMG... IMO the unique balancing that i will made if i was in charge of BF 1 is make high optic scopes restricted to 2/3/team(like an vehicle) and make sweetspot not available on high ROF snipers but i will also increase the reocil of full auto weapons and remove random bullet deviation. That way, it will encourage the teamplay and skill gameplay.

    I don't know why they love make backup weapons the primary weapons, not only FPS where SMG's dominated but medieval games where swords dominate. Don't get me wrong, an SMG is a good weapon against unarmored targets at close quarters but if the target has body armor, literally any rifle will be better.  BF 5 in other hands, has the worst bolt action rifles in the series and the attrition system is much more "punishes you by not having someone to drop ammo" instead of encouraging templay and there are almost no gun variety.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 18
    Snipers on BF 5 are the worst of the BF series.

    Seriously, again? How many virtually identical posts on the same subject are enough? We get it, you like to play sniper and you're not happy that you can't dominate in BFV the way you did in other games, nobody is going to send you money for saying it again.

    Snipers never dominated in any BF game. Even on BFBC2, an shotgun + slugs can OHK in a similar range with far greater ROF and less hit shot accuracy penalty/aiming time

    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    AduaneroKill said:


    Because you got the potential to destroy enemies with one shot using bolt actions.

    They just are hard to use, but rewarding and challenging while you are getting the skill.




    If a person is amazing with the bolt actions  eg. Stodeh, they are even more amazing with better weapons like ARs, SARs and MGs.Just because one very good player can have good results against much worse players, does not make them balanced.Balance implies that you get enough in return for giving up something else and considering that I have been destroyed in less than half a second by a turner SMLE where headshots were involved, I think that the bolt actions have not gained enough to compensate for what they have lost. Ergo they are not balanced.

    True, but think about BF1.
    Snipers were a true problem, because they were easy to use, due to sweet spot mecanic.
    So we got at least 15 snipers per team, doing attrition impossible.
    More so, the long distances in BFV would became this class overpowered just for the engadments distances.
    In my FPS in general and Battlefield games experiences, I think that less power to campers, better game you get.
    But you said the truth: its unbalanced.
    Again, see BF tracker, bolt action rifles are less used than any other weapon on BF 1 EXCEPT shotguns.

    And even "bolt action rifles", are mostly used without an scope(mainly on consoles), so stop with "bf1 has 15 snipers on hills" nonsense because is not what the data shows.
    I actually checked BF1 tracker and guess what? In last 2 months for most of the time BA rifles were 2nd THE MOST used weapons in the game. There were also days when it was TOP 1 or lower than 2nd place but it's still far from 2nd the least used guns. Have I done something wrong or you are just saying ****?


    For the majority of BF1's life, rifles were the 2nd least used.

    Regardless of where it's at now in usage, scout is still the worst scoring class and also the class that kills the least. And considering it's now 2nd most used, the KPM is lowest on scout as well.

    If bolt actions were OP in BF1, as many have claimed, I'd expect:
    1. The usage to have been higher throughout most of its life.
    2. The score to usage ratio would be higher.
    3. The kills to usage ratio would be higher.

    Instead, in terms of kills and score, it's behind the other classes because even with the strongest bolt actions in the BF series, they still weren't stronger than the other classes.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 18
    How the hell am I suppose to check that? I don't see option to change time periods on this site. BTW You said check the BF tracker, I did it, proved you wrong and now you say it isn't valiable :D 

    Anyway I totally agree that in comparison to BF1, snipers have a much harder time in BFV, BUT from the other hand in BF1 it was waaaaay too easy to play as recon. I, person who spent almost none time in BF3/4 playing as sniper, could easily get 20-10 or better stats in match. Main reason of this was that ridiculous "sweet spot" mechanic which made your upper chest shots OHT on certain distances. It's hard to tell now but around 35%-45% of my kills was "thanks" to that mechanic.

    I can remember that there were at least 10 snipers in each team every match (which is little less that 30% of whole team, and yes, I was counting in few matches). FFS, in my game of nightmares enemy team has 20 of these ****.
    I do happen to have a screenshot from past months of the usage stats (from another scout argument of course lol).



Sign In or Register to comment.