Weekly Debrief

Assault makes this game exhausting.

124»

Comments

• GP-Caliber
    650 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Kunstula wrote: »
    GP-Caliber said:read what I said. We are talking about 150 meters and you ability to hit a moving target.

This isn't about personal skills or abilities, this is about balanced gun stats. Weapons designed for shorter ranges should not have higher muzzle velocity than weapons specifically designed for the longest range. If you can't even understand why that should be, then no amount of discussing will make you see the logic in that I'm afraid.

I agree that some bolt action rifles can use a velocity buff, but saying its impossible to get consistent headshots on moving targets is just a blatant lie.
  • SendTheInfantry
    778 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If they change assault class too much the medic will pwn everything cuz of the insta heals and some EZ mode SMG's.

The MAIN root of the problem is the (too) fast TTK.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    GP-Caliber said:

llPhantom_Limbll wrote: »
    GP-Caliber said:

llPhantom_Limbll wrote: »

GP-Caliber said:

Hawxxeye wrote: »

GP-Caliber said:

bran1986 wrote: »

GP-Caliber wrote: »

Kunstula wrote: »

MatthewSkeet said:7. so?

Higher muzzle velocity = better range. Many assault and support weapons have higher muzzle velocity than scout rifles, which makes them better at range than scout rifles.

If you're going to participate in a balance discussion then this really shouldn't be needed to explain to you.

this is not entirely true. recon weapons do have lower velocity, but they can one hit kill you at any range in the head. that makes a bolt action rifle alot better than the sar.

No.With a bolt action you HAVE to land a headshot or you are screwed due to the slow rpm. You also have to do this with a bullet velocity that is on par with smgs. Assault has rifles that nearly double the bullet velocity and they fire 4x the speed of a bolt action. For reference there is a dmr in game that fires 450 rpm, with a bullet velocity over 800 m/s, and is a 4 btk at ALL ranges. For comparison there are smgs that fire 514 or 540 rpm that are 4-8 btk. This doesn't even take into account these weapons get hip fire specs and they get 3x scopes without any glint.

im talking about bolt action rifle here. I do agree the slrs are terrible and need a huge velocity and rof buff to compete with assault. On long range tho there is only one king and thats the krag. no assault weapon can kill 4 people in 6 seconds at 100+ meter.

As I said as long as he is ADAD spamming, good lack hitting the head between the travel time, the latency and the unpredictable no momentum direction change. It is a gamble that the bolt action will lose unless there is a large skill advantage in favor of the particular bolt action user

That is the core of the bolt action rifle. A highly skilled player will win that encounter even if the assault is adad spamming. the assault has to hit 4 consecutive body shots at 100+ meter to kill a sniper. really if you cant win that encounter its really up to your own aim rather than the assault being overpowered. within mid range(30-100m) I agree with you that the assault has the advantage.

You're not considering one important thing: almost all semi-auto rifles in this game act like hitscan weapons so they hit the target almost instantly no matter the range. While bolt action rifle has significant bullet drop and low muzzle velocity. So no, you can't effectively hit moving targets beyond 150 meters all the time. While high capacity mags of semi-autos allow assault to spam you to death.

eehh yes you can hit moving targets consistently beyond 150 meters.

if you are being spammed to death by an assault at 150 meters you either:

1. are to far out of cover.

2. you dont move enough.

both scenarios its your own fault.

lol so one class having the best weapons in the game is my fault somehow. Damn, that's deep.

read what I said. We are talking about 150 meters and you ability to hit a moving target.
    It doesn't contradict with what I'm saying. Assault weapons > everything else at any range if there is no other considerations.

yes it does. your 'any range' part is not true. the dropoff in damage of the assault weapons make it weaker at long range than a BAR. the BAR has the advantage that no matter the distance it will always have the same bullets to kill if you use it properly(aiming for the head.)

It's not "weaker" by any mean if your weapon is almost hitscan fast, has almost no significant recoil and spread with 20 rounds in mag. There is almost no need to aim the gun accurately if you can spray enemy to death.
    I know you desperately want bolt actions to look strong while the same time make semi-autos appear weak. But we all know the game lacks basic balance and the one specific class is being the reason behind that imbalance.
  • GP-Caliber
    650 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Never said I wanted assault to look bad. if you look through the thread you can see I agree that assault is the strongest class in the game. But you are telling me that at 100 meters an assault will outgun a BAR. well to that I say to you. if you show me a clip of you killing 6 players in 8 seconds at long range, I will give you a 100 bucks. If you have the right skill you can pull this off with a BAR.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Never said I wanted assault to look bad. if you look through the thread you can see I agree that assault is the strongest class in the game. But you are telling me that at 100 meters an assault will outgun a BAR. well to that I say to you. if you show me a clip of you killing 6 players in 8 seconds at long range, I will give you a 100 bucks. If you have the right skill you can pull this off with a BAR.
    I'm pretty sure really good players can pull that off. But for average Joe both tasks are nearly impossible. But once again it doesn't change the main thing: assault as a class is broken beyond any reasonable level. The same goes for all weapon types available for this class.
  • SirTerrible
    1710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sad thing is the game would probably be more balanced if every weapon was an all-kit weapon than it is now. That's how bad the balancing is.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 15
    Sad thing is the game would probably be more balanced if every weapon was an all-kit weapon than it is now. That's how bad the balancing is.

Everyone would just use the assault SARs on all classes. But I guess the classes would be balanced then.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3448 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've haven't been playing BFV much. I jumped on a Couple times and I was killed 95% by Assaults with the first gun you get and it was Level 50s.

Like all other Battlefields Assault is the best.

• Masqerader
    639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It’s unbelievable that this class still isn’t balanced. The fact DICE thought this was a good idea in the beginning is mind numbing.

Why would you choose any other class, when you can just play battlefield V like it’s call of duty?

At least in other battlefields the class had a drawback. Like laying down to fire your anti tank weapon. Or not being anti tank to begin with.

Nope. Here assault can do anything and everything. Effectively making this game more easy then battlefield 1, and making it a borderline twitch shooter with tanks and planes.

What drawback did it have in other Battlefields? Did you actually play them? Because it sounds like you didn't.

3/4 It was the medic

1 It was engineer class

5 It is engineering class again

• SirTerrible
    1710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks said:

Everyone would just use the assault SARs on all classes. But I guess the classes would be balanced then.
    Lol exactly. We'd probably see a half decent mix of Assault, Support, and Medic in servers with Recon once again being left behind due to inferior gadgets. Poor Recon :(
  • PoppaPappo
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks said:

SirTerrible wrote: »

Lol exactly. We'd probably see a half decent mix of Assault, Support, and Medic in servers with Recon once again being left behind due to inferior gadgets. Poor Recon :(

I actually like the Recon gadgets. The problem is barely anyone uses them.

The spotting flares and scope are great and are a godsend for pilots (seriously, if you have planes in your game you should be spotting constantly because visibility in a plane is crap on console and the pilots need all the help they can get).

The Spawn Beacon is great, too, and the Sniper Decoy actually works way more often than I thought it would (“yay bad visibility!,” I guess?)

Recon gets Bouncing Betties, too, which are always hilarious (for the person that uses them).
  • Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PoppaPappo wrote: »
    Sixclicks said:

The spotting flares and scope are great and are a godsend for pilots (seriously, if you have planes in your game you should be spotting constantly because visibility in a plane is crap on console and the pilots need all the help they can get).

The Spawn Beacon is great, too, and the Sniper Decoy actually works way more often than I thought it would (“yay bad visibility!,” I guess?)

Recon gets Bouncing Betties, too, which are always hilarious (for the person that uses them).

Yep I like them also use them a lot.
  • StormSaxon
    670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Always take spot flares. You know a ton of choke points and camping spots... so let your team see everyone. Also setting folks on fire is hilarious.

Spawn beacon, good offensive tool for getting your squad behind the enemy. Very useful when attacking in rush, airbourne type games.

AP mines, great for booby trapping flanking routes, objectives, choke points...

The only duff kit is the sniper decoy.
  • ElliotLH
    8562 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks said:

This. I've played a few matches recently where there have been some dedicated spotters and it was lovely to not be squinting XD