Does anyone even use aperture sights?

Hawxxeye
4168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited April 16
For just an extra 0.5x magnification than the iron sights they give a darkened and limited view and to add an insult to injury the middle of the sights has a circle instead of a pin which is both obstructive and is not precise enough when one tries to go for headshots.

Is there even a single person who actually prefers using aperture sights over scopes or iron sights? I feel they need a major revamp to become something worth using?

If yes, do you think it is not unsuitable for precision weapons that need to go for the head to work well.?

Post edited by Hawxxeye on

Comments

• GrinddalDDG
    308 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nope, hate them.

• Dr_X2345
    749 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Occasionally I'll use it on an AR, but apart from that not really. Actually I might have it equipped on my Model 8 when I use that.
    But yeah, making it so the reticle is more like a pin than a circle would make it much more usable, and making the outlines much sharper with less of a dark tint. 
  • SirBobdk
    3558 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Just me or does it seem that the sights and lack of visibility is made for "hide and seek" meaning firestorm and not the core game.

• Hawxxeye
    4168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 15
    SirBobdk said:

Just me or does it seem that the sights and lack of visibility is made for "hide and seek" meaning firestorm and not the core game.

I do not know but it is ironic that it is supposedly an "rare" upgrade to the iron sights as far as Randomstorm is concerned, when it is actually a downgrade
  • XPoorJudgmentX
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It is too bad that they do not have the Lyman Peep Site as it features a pin on the barrel of the weapon seen through the rear site.
  • ElliotLH
    5837 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Blergh. Nope.
  • ragnarok013
    2035 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I don't. Normally I just use the old standard iron sights as most of them are pretty good.
  • VOLBANKER
    488 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Recon's Selbstlader 1906 has a 2X sight called "Standard sight" which is a great sight and how 2X sights should be on all guns.

I proposed this here

• Hawxxeye
    VOLBANKER said:
    Recon's Selbstlader 1906 has a 2X sight called "Standard sight" which is a great sight and how 2X sights should be on all guns.

I proposed this here

That would had been a major quality of life improvement
  • Tip_the_Cap
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Those things suck big time.
  • Noodlesocks
    2082 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I use them on bolt action rifles from time to time because I find the forced TAA leads to the iron sights blurring into the terrain too much on certain maps.
  • DingoKillr
    3327 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am currently trying, it still has some issues darkness is a major issue for .5x extra over ironsight which has less obstruction. To me it seem quicker to ADS than x3 scope. 

The dish aperture on STG and G43 I have found to be pretty good for medium range.
  • EvilGoat_51
    389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No, I don't care for them at all. I usually use irons on everything but snipers. 
  • biketankbob
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Currently using them on my Ross. Trying something different to eliminate scope glare. Love the 2x scope on 1906 Selbstlader.
  • Pyr0Plazma
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Only use them on SLR's due to scope glint on 3x. Really wish all REcon SLR's got the same 2x as the sebby 1906. 
  • PoppaPappo
    203 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’ve only liked them with the STG-44. I don’t know if it’s a bug or by design, but with the STG they don’t darken the area around the sight so you can still see your periphery.
  • y_j_es_i
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »
    Occasionally I'll use it on an AR, but apart from that not really. Actually I might have it equipped on my Model 8 when I use that.
    But yeah, making it so the reticle is more like a pin than a circle would make it much more usable, and making the outlines much sharper with less of a dark tint. 

I used it on my ZH for a bit but there’s no point if you can kill the dude in 2 or 3 bullets. Even if you miss two, if he’s facing you then he’ll know where you are anyway and if he’s not facing you then he wouldn’t be able to see a x3’s scope glint. A x3’s scope glint makes it easier for them to fire back but if you’re killing everyone with 2-3 rounds then that shouldn’t matter

So ultimately I switched back to the x3
  • Jayremie570
    1592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If anyone is on the fence about the apature use it on the ribby. Bet you dont go back.
  • LoliDominator
    11 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same with AA site but thats it own thing.

i wish the sights had less grimy texture on it, cant see crap on devistation