This Week in Battlefield V

Is this game bent towards casual?

Comments

  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    Skitelz7 said:


    Vycinas2 wrote: »


    Skitelz7 wrote: »


    Vycinas2 wrote: »


    Skitelz7 wrote: »


    Noodlesocks wrote: »
    Game is such a mish mash of design concepts that I'm not even sure if Dice Sweden knows the answer.



    This.

    They remove spotting and add attrition but then add spotting flares and spotting scopes.

    I think DICE is completely lost more than anything.



    Not really. Spotting flares and scope can make useless scout somewhat useful. I get it you re an easy core (my apologies hardcore) lover. I cant remember when was the last time I looked at mini map to benefit from someone being spotted (perhaps BC2, maybe BF3), because I purely rely on audio on my headset. Does it make a difference if you re spotted ? Yes if you are bad at 1v1, not if you can win your gunfights.



    Dice is lost what they want this game to be, attrition, spotting has nothing to do with it.



    Spotting has everything to do with it.

    What good is it if I'm better than the other guy when he can shoot up a spotting flare, see my position and come up behind me for a kill without me ever knowing he was there?

    Good luck hearing footsteps with all the gunshots and explosion around.

    I think they should have removed EVERY kind of spotting. Minimap and 3D.

    Spotting is there to help casual players do better. Period.



    Oh dear lord.... if you allow someone to shoot a flare and come behind you then I suggest you do some exercise. I am a casual because I have very little time for gaming but even so I could easily destroy you if they introduced easy core mode. And I am not attacking you or stat bashing just telling you, you are a part of that casual crowd. I am and many others are better than you regardless of what mechanics game has to offer, just like you are better than me in.. hmmm being stationary ? However if you wish to stop blaming the game mechanics for your deaths I suggest you follow 3 simple steps:



    1. Learn

    2. Adapt

    3. Overcome



    If I allow someone to shoot a flare? Am I supposed to predict he's going to shoot one, go up to him and ask him not to do it?

    Don't kid yourself.

    It sounds as if you are not aware that they are trivial to shoot down. To the point of being generally not all that useful against competent opponents.

    By the time you spot it and shoot it down it has already marked you and you whole squad. Your point is completely dull.
    Try again.

    You re completely dull mate. From my experience I never saw scouts charging forward with their squads, always solo wolf and mostly remains stationary, so if you get spotted and your squad, and you all get wiped by single scout, then there is no hope for you after all. Answer me one thing, since you re always moaning about spotting, should I start making cry threads and call this game casual because people use aim assist slowdown on console and because of that I die more than I should ?

    Before you answer think long and carefully, because its not game mechanics that makes game casual its how much time you can invest in one.

    Yeah, because the flare only spots the enemies for the person that shoots it.
    Do you even think before you post?
    And what the hell does aim assist on consoles have to do with anything? It's turned on by default fo everyone. If you wanna turn it off that's your problem
    Spotting is for noobs and always will be.
    Get over it.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10823 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    Skitelz7 said:


    Vycinas2 wrote: »


    Skitelz7 wrote: »


    Vycinas2 wrote: »


    Skitelz7 wrote: »


    Noodlesocks wrote: »
    Game is such a mish mash of design concepts that I'm not even sure if Dice Sweden knows the answer.



    This.

    They remove spotting and add attrition but then add spotting flares and spotting scopes.

    I think DICE is completely lost more than anything.



    Not really. Spotting flares and scope can make useless scout somewhat useful. I get it you re an easy core (my apologies hardcore) lover. I cant remember when was the last time I looked at mini map to benefit from someone being spotted (perhaps BC2, maybe BF3), because I purely rely on audio on my headset. Does it make a difference if you re spotted ? Yes if you are bad at 1v1, not if you can win your gunfights.



    Dice is lost what they want this game to be, attrition, spotting has nothing to do with it.



    Spotting has everything to do with it.

    What good is it if I'm better than the other guy when he can shoot up a spotting flare, see my position and come up behind me for a kill without me ever knowing he was there?

    Good luck hearing footsteps with all the gunshots and explosion around.

    I think they should have removed EVERY kind of spotting. Minimap and 3D.

    Spotting is there to help casual players do better. Period.



    Oh dear lord.... if you allow someone to shoot a flare and come behind you then I suggest you do some exercise. I am a casual because I have very little time for gaming but even so I could easily destroy you if they introduced easy core mode. And I am not attacking you or stat bashing just telling you, you are a part of that casual crowd. I am and many others are better than you regardless of what mechanics game has to offer, just like you are better than me in.. hmmm being stationary ? However if you wish to stop blaming the game mechanics for your deaths I suggest you follow 3 simple steps:



    1. Learn

    2. Adapt

    3. Overcome



    If I allow someone to shoot a flare? Am I supposed to predict he's going to shoot one, go up to him and ask him not to do it?

    Don't kid yourself.

    It sounds as if you are not aware that they are trivial to shoot down. To the point of being generally not all that useful against competent opponents.

    By the time you spot it and shoot it down it has already marked you and you whole squad. Your point is completely dull.
    Try again.

    You re completely dull mate. From my experience I never saw scouts charging forward with their squads, always solo wolf and mostly remains stationary, so if you get spotted and your squad, and you all get wiped by single scout, then there is no hope for you after all. Answer me one thing, since you re always moaning about spotting, should I start making cry threads and call this game casual because people use aim assist slowdown on console and because of that I die more than I should ?

    Before you answer think long and carefully, because its not game mechanics that makes game casual its how much time you can invest in one.

    Yeah, because the flare only spots the enemies for the person that shoots it.
    Do you even think before you post?
    And what the hell does aim assist on consoles have to do with anything? It's turned on by default fo everyone. If you wanna turn it off that's your problem
    Spotting is for noobs and always will be.
    Get over it.

    1. It spots for the squad.

    2. It’s in the game. Get over it.
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 17
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    Skitelz7 said:


    Vycinas2 wrote: »


    Skitelz7 wrote: »


    Vycinas2 wrote: »


    Skitelz7 wrote: »


    Noodlesocks wrote: »
    Game is such a mish mash of design concepts that I'm not even sure if Dice Sweden knows the answer.



    This.

    They remove spotting and add attrition but then add spotting flares and spotting scopes.

    I think DICE is completely lost more than anything.



    Not really. Spotting flares and scope can make useless scout somewhat useful. I get it you re an easy core (my apologies hardcore) lover. I cant remember when was the last time I looked at mini map to benefit from someone being spotted (perhaps BC2, maybe BF3), because I purely rely on audio on my headset. Does it make a difference if you re spotted ? Yes if you are bad at 1v1, not if you can win your gunfights.



    Dice is lost what they want this game to be, attrition, spotting has nothing to do with it.



    Spotting has everything to do with it.

    What good is it if I'm better than the other guy when he can shoot up a spotting flare, see my position and come up behind me for a kill without me ever knowing he was there?

    Good luck hearing footsteps with all the gunshots and explosion around.

    I think they should have removed EVERY kind of spotting. Minimap and 3D.

    Spotting is there to help casual players do better. Period.



    Oh dear lord.... if you allow someone to shoot a flare and come behind you then I suggest you do some exercise. I am a casual because I have very little time for gaming but even so I could easily destroy you if they introduced easy core mode. And I am not attacking you or stat bashing just telling you, you are a part of that casual crowd. I am and many others are better than you regardless of what mechanics game has to offer, just like you are better than me in.. hmmm being stationary ? However if you wish to stop blaming the game mechanics for your deaths I suggest you follow 3 simple steps:



    1. Learn

    2. Adapt

    3. Overcome



    If I allow someone to shoot a flare? Am I supposed to predict he's going to shoot one, go up to him and ask him not to do it?

    Don't kid yourself.

    It sounds as if you are not aware that they are trivial to shoot down. To the point of being generally not all that useful against competent opponents.

    By the time you spot it and shoot it down it has already marked you and you whole squad. Your point is completely dull.
    Try again.

    You re completely dull mate. From my experience I never saw scouts charging forward with their squads, always solo wolf and mostly remains stationary, so if you get spotted and your squad, and you all get wiped by single scout, then there is no hope for you after all. Answer me one thing, since you re always moaning about spotting, should I start making cry threads and call this game casual because people use aim assist slowdown on console and because of that I die more than I should ?

    Before you answer think long and carefully, because its not game mechanics that makes game casual its how much time you can invest in one.

    Yeah, because the flare only spots the enemies for the person that shoots it.
    Do you even think before you post?
    And what the hell does aim assist on consoles have to do with anything? It's turned on by default fo everyone. If you wanna turn it off that's your problem
    Spotting is for noobs and always will be.
    Get over it.

    Clearly your reading comprehension is wrecked beyond repair. My condolences to you.

    Edit:

    You said aim assist is my problem if I choose to keep it off. Aim assist is a game mechanic and I repeat GAME MECHANIC that holds hands for newbies like you to stay on target. You mentioned spotting is hand holding, so is aim assist slowdown. You re a hypocrite arent you!? P.S dont answer that its rethorical.
  • GrinddalDDG
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 said:
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    Skitelz7 said:


    Vycinas2 wrote: »


    Skitelz7 wrote: »


    Vycinas2 wrote: »


    Skitelz7 wrote: »


    Noodlesocks wrote: »
    Game is such a mish mash of design concepts that I'm not even sure if Dice Sweden knows the answer.



    This.

    They remove spotting and add attrition but then add spotting flares and spotting scopes.

    I think DICE is completely lost more than anything.



    Not really. Spotting flares and scope can make useless scout somewhat useful. I get it you re an easy core (my apologies hardcore) lover. I cant remember when was the last time I looked at mini map to benefit from someone being spotted (perhaps BC2, maybe BF3), because I purely rely on audio on my headset. Does it make a difference if you re spotted ? Yes if you are bad at 1v1, not if you can win your gunfights.



    Dice is lost what they want this game to be, attrition, spotting has nothing to do with it.



    Spotting has everything to do with it.

    What good is it if I'm better than the other guy when he can shoot up a spotting flare, see my position and come up behind me for a kill without me ever knowing he was there?

    Good luck hearing footsteps with all the gunshots and explosion around.

    I think they should have removed EVERY kind of spotting. Minimap and 3D.

    Spotting is there to help casual players do better. Period.



    Oh dear lord.... if you allow someone to shoot a flare and come behind you then I suggest you do some exercise. I am a casual because I have very little time for gaming but even so I could easily destroy you if they introduced easy core mode. And I am not attacking you or stat bashing just telling you, you are a part of that casual crowd. I am and many others are better than you regardless of what mechanics game has to offer, just like you are better than me in.. hmmm being stationary ? However if you wish to stop blaming the game mechanics for your deaths I suggest you follow 3 simple steps:



    1. Learn

    2. Adapt

    3. Overcome



    If I allow someone to shoot a flare? Am I supposed to predict he's going to shoot one, go up to him and ask him not to do it?

    Don't kid yourself.

    It sounds as if you are not aware that they are trivial to shoot down. To the point of being generally not all that useful against competent opponents.

    By the time you spot it and shoot it down it has already marked you and you whole squad. Your point is completely dull.
    Try again.

    You re completely dull mate. From my experience I never saw scouts charging forward with their squads, always solo wolf and mostly remains stationary, so if you get spotted and your squad, and you all get wiped by single scout, then there is no hope for you after all. Answer me one thing, since you re always moaning about spotting, should I start making cry threads and call this game casual because people use aim assist slowdown on console and because of that I die more than I should ?

    Before you answer think long and carefully, because its not game mechanics that makes game casual its how much time you can invest in one.
    Exactly.

    It is like people don’t know what a non casual gamer is.
  • sabootheshaman
    1102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    Skitelz7 said:


    Vycinas2 wrote: »


    Skitelz7 wrote: »


    Vycinas2 wrote: »


    Skitelz7 wrote: »


    Noodlesocks wrote: »
    Game is such a mish mash of design concepts that I'm not even sure if Dice Sweden knows the answer.



    This.

    They remove spotting and add attrition but then add spotting flares and spotting scopes.

    I think DICE is completely lost more than anything.



    Not really. Spotting flares and scope can make useless scout somewhat useful. I get it you re an easy core (my apologies hardcore) lover. I cant remember when was the last time I looked at mini map to benefit from someone being spotted (perhaps BC2, maybe BF3), because I purely rely on audio on my headset. Does it make a difference if you re spotted ? Yes if you are bad at 1v1, not if you can win your gunfights.



    Dice is lost what they want this game to be, attrition, spotting has nothing to do with it.



    Spotting has everything to do with it.

    What good is it if I'm better than the other guy when he can shoot up a spotting flare, see my position and come up behind me for a kill without me ever knowing he was there?

    Good luck hearing footsteps with all the gunshots and explosion around.

    I think they should have removed EVERY kind of spotting. Minimap and 3D.

    Spotting is there to help casual players do better. Period.



    Oh dear lord.... if you allow someone to shoot a flare and come behind you then I suggest you do some exercise. I am a casual because I have very little time for gaming but even so I could easily destroy you if they introduced easy core mode. And I am not attacking you or stat bashing just telling you, you are a part of that casual crowd. I am and many others are better than you regardless of what mechanics game has to offer, just like you are better than me in.. hmmm being stationary ? However if you wish to stop blaming the game mechanics for your deaths I suggest you follow 3 simple steps:



    1. Learn

    2. Adapt

    3. Overcome



    If I allow someone to shoot a flare? Am I supposed to predict he's going to shoot one, go up to him and ask him not to do it?

    Don't kid yourself.

    It sounds as if you are not aware that they are trivial to shoot down. To the point of being generally not all that useful against competent opponents.

    By the time you spot it and shoot it down it has already marked you and you whole squad. Your point is completely dull.
    Try again.

    You know it’s ok to admit someone’s point is reasonable instead of exaggerating and being hyperbolic.

    Flare guns make a noise on shot and when they are drifting down. They also have a delay till they spot after the parachute is deployed. Shoot it then move. Leave a Bouncong Betty for extra saltiness.
  • spartanx169x
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Game is such a mish mash of design concepts that I'm not even sure if Dice Sweden knows the answer.

    This^. Casuals in general don’t like health packs. How do I know? Because Bungie removes them from Halo after the first game. Regen full health is in most games because of casual players -Halo and COD being two prime examples of this. The core game play of BFV has been designed for the hardcore player Many on this forum have often referred to BFV as Hardcore Lite. The flip side is customization is huge with casuals. That is just two examples of why this game is a mish mash of s game with no clear direction and the state of the game demonstrates that.
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    Can someone in this thread actually tell me what makes it 'casual"?

    -spotting flares
    -spotting scopes
    -suppression spoting
    -vehicle gadget/specialization spotting
    -third person camera on vehicles
    -vehicle self repair
    -death cam showing your killer's location
    -vehicle spawn mechanic
    And the list goes on.

    Yes but go play War Thunder realistic battles and tell me third person and self repair makes tanking casual.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    Skitelz7 said:


    Vycinas2 wrote: »


    Skitelz7 wrote: »


    Vycinas2 wrote: »


    Skitelz7 wrote: »


    Noodlesocks wrote: »
    Game is such a mish mash of design concepts that I'm not even sure if Dice Sweden knows the answer.



    This.

    They remove spotting and add attrition but then add spotting flares and spotting scopes.

    I think DICE is completely lost more than anything.



    Not really. Spotting flares and scope can make useless scout somewhat useful. I get it you re an easy core (my apologies hardcore) lover. I cant remember when was the last time I looked at mini map to benefit from someone being spotted (perhaps BC2, maybe BF3), because I purely rely on audio on my headset. Does it make a difference if you re spotted ? Yes if you are bad at 1v1, not if you can win your gunfights.



    Dice is lost what they want this game to be, attrition, spotting has nothing to do with it.



    Spotting has everything to do with it.

    What good is it if I'm better than the other guy when he can shoot up a spotting flare, see my position and come up behind me for a kill without me ever knowing he was there?

    Good luck hearing footsteps with all the gunshots and explosion around.

    I think they should have removed EVERY kind of spotting. Minimap and 3D.

    Spotting is there to help casual players do better. Period.



    Oh dear lord.... if you allow someone to shoot a flare and come behind you then I suggest you do some exercise. I am a casual because I have very little time for gaming but even so I could easily destroy you if they introduced easy core mode. And I am not attacking you or stat bashing just telling you, you are a part of that casual crowd. I am and many others are better than you regardless of what mechanics game has to offer, just like you are better than me in.. hmmm being stationary ? However if you wish to stop blaming the game mechanics for your deaths I suggest you follow 3 simple steps:



    1. Learn

    2. Adapt

    3. Overcome



    If I allow someone to shoot a flare? Am I supposed to predict he's going to shoot one, go up to him and ask him not to do it?

    Don't kid yourself.

    It sounds as if you are not aware that they are trivial to shoot down. To the point of being generally not all that useful against competent opponents.

    By the time you spot it and shoot it down it has already marked you and you whole squad. Your point is completely dull.
    Try again.

    You re completely dull mate. From my experience I never saw scouts charging forward with their squads, always solo wolf and mostly remains stationary, so if you get spotted and your squad, and you all get wiped by single scout, then there is no hope for you after all. Answer me one thing, since you re always moaning about spotting, should I start making cry threads and call this game casual because people use aim assist slowdown on console and because of that I die more than I should ?

    Before you answer think long and carefully, because its not game mechanics that makes game casual its how much time you can invest in one.

    Yeah, because the flare only spots the enemies for the person that shoots it.
    Do you even think before you post?
    And what the hell does aim assist on consoles have to do with anything? It's turned on by default fo everyone. If you wanna turn it off that's your problem
    Spotting is for noobs and always will be.
    Get over it.

    1. It spots for the squad.

    2. It’s in the game. Get over it.

    1. I was being sarcastic.
    2. There are tons of things in the game that are made to help noobs. What's your point?
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    Skitelz7 said:


    Vycinas2 wrote: »


    Skitelz7 wrote: »


    Vycinas2 wrote: »


    Skitelz7 wrote: »


    Noodlesocks wrote: »
    Game is such a mish mash of design concepts that I'm not even sure if Dice Sweden knows the answer.



    This.

    They remove spotting and add attrition but then add spotting flares and spotting scopes.

    I think DICE is completely lost more than anything.



    Not really. Spotting flares and scope can make useless scout somewhat useful. I get it you re an easy core (my apologies hardcore) lover. I cant remember when was the last time I looked at mini map to benefit from someone being spotted (perhaps BC2, maybe BF3), because I purely rely on audio on my headset. Does it make a difference if you re spotted ? Yes if you are bad at 1v1, not if you can win your gunfights.



    Dice is lost what they want this game to be, attrition, spotting has nothing to do with it.



    Spotting has everything to do with it.

    What good is it if I'm better than the other guy when he can shoot up a spotting flare, see my position and come up behind me for a kill without me ever knowing he was there?

    Good luck hearing footsteps with all the gunshots and explosion around.

    I think they should have removed EVERY kind of spotting. Minimap and 3D.

    Spotting is there to help casual players do better. Period.



    Oh dear lord.... if you allow someone to shoot a flare and come behind you then I suggest you do some exercise. I am a casual because I have very little time for gaming but even so I could easily destroy you if they introduced easy core mode. And I am not attacking you or stat bashing just telling you, you are a part of that casual crowd. I am and many others are better than you regardless of what mechanics game has to offer, just like you are better than me in.. hmmm being stationary ? However if you wish to stop blaming the game mechanics for your deaths I suggest you follow 3 simple steps:



    1. Learn

    2. Adapt

    3. Overcome



    If I allow someone to shoot a flare? Am I supposed to predict he's going to shoot one, go up to him and ask him not to do it?

    Don't kid yourself.

    It sounds as if you are not aware that they are trivial to shoot down. To the point of being generally not all that useful against competent opponents.

    By the time you spot it and shoot it down it has already marked you and you whole squad. Your point is completely dull.
    Try again.

    You re completely dull mate. From my experience I never saw scouts charging forward with their squads, always solo wolf and mostly remains stationary, so if you get spotted and your squad, and you all get wiped by single scout, then there is no hope for you after all. Answer me one thing, since you re always moaning about spotting, should I start making cry threads and call this game casual because people use aim assist slowdown on console and because of that I die more than I should ?

    Before you answer think long and carefully, because its not game mechanics that makes game casual its how much time you can invest in one.

    Yeah, because the flare only spots the enemies for the person that shoots it.
    Do you even think before you post?
    And what the hell does aim assist on consoles have to do with anything? It's turned on by default fo everyone. If you wanna turn it off that's your problem
    Spotting is for noobs and always will be.
    Get over it.

    Clearly your reading comprehension is wrecked beyond repair. My condolences to you.

    Edit:

    You said aim assist is my problem if I choose to keep it off. Aim assist is a game mechanic and I repeat GAME MECHANIC that holds hands for newbies like you to stay on target. You mentioned spotting is hand holding, so is aim assist slowdown. You re a hypocrite arent you!? P.S dont answer that its rethorical.

    They are two completely different things.
    One is an in game gadget heps you see where the nemy is by magically marking their position on the map.
    The other is an option that makes it easier for console gamers to keep their aim on target.
    Just the fact that you compared the two and I had to explain that to you the difference shows how unintelligent you are.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    Skitelz7 said:


    Vycinas2 wrote: »


    Skitelz7 wrote: »


    Vycinas2 wrote: »


    Skitelz7 wrote: »


    Noodlesocks wrote: »
    Game is such a mish mash of design concepts that I'm not even sure if Dice Sweden knows the answer.



    This.

    They remove spotting and add attrition but then add spotting flares and spotting scopes.

    I think DICE is completely lost more than anything.



    Not really. Spotting flares and scope can make useless scout somewhat useful. I get it you re an easy core (my apologies hardcore) lover. I cant remember when was the last time I looked at mini map to benefit from someone being spotted (perhaps BC2, maybe BF3), because I purely rely on audio on my headset. Does it make a difference if you re spotted ? Yes if you are bad at 1v1, not if you can win your gunfights.



    Dice is lost what they want this game to be, attrition, spotting has nothing to do with it.



    Spotting has everything to do with it.

    What good is it if I'm better than the other guy when he can shoot up a spotting flare, see my position and come up behind me for a kill without me ever knowing he was there?

    Good luck hearing footsteps with all the gunshots and explosion around.

    I think they should have removed EVERY kind of spotting. Minimap and 3D.

    Spotting is there to help casual players do better. Period.



    Oh dear lord.... if you allow someone to shoot a flare and come behind you then I suggest you do some exercise. I am a casual because I have very little time for gaming but even so I could easily destroy you if they introduced easy core mode. And I am not attacking you or stat bashing just telling you, you are a part of that casual crowd. I am and many others are better than you regardless of what mechanics game has to offer, just like you are better than me in.. hmmm being stationary ? However if you wish to stop blaming the game mechanics for your deaths I suggest you follow 3 simple steps:



    1. Learn

    2. Adapt

    3. Overcome



    If I allow someone to shoot a flare? Am I supposed to predict he's going to shoot one, go up to him and ask him not to do it?

    Don't kid yourself.

    It sounds as if you are not aware that they are trivial to shoot down. To the point of being generally not all that useful against competent opponents.

    By the time you spot it and shoot it down it has already marked you and you whole squad. Your point is completely dull.
    Try again.

    You know it’s ok to admit someone’s point is reasonable instead of exaggerating and being hyperbolic.

    Flare guns make a noise on shot and when they are drifting down. They also have a delay till they spot after the parachute is deployed. Shoot it then move. Leave a Bouncong Betty for extra saltiness.

    Yeah, a delay of what? 1 second?
    From the time you shoot it up to the time it spots enemies is less than three seconds and that's all it takes for some dumb noob to look at the map and magically know my position.
    Players should only get punished when they do somethibg wrong.
    The flare spotting players that did nothing wrong is completely stupid and made for the sole purpuse of helping those that suck at the expense of punishing those that don't.
    If you think that's good game design, I feel very sorry for you.
  • herodes87
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    Skitelz7 said:


    Vycinas2 wrote: »


    Skitelz7 wrote: »


    Vycinas2 wrote: »


    Skitelz7 wrote: »


    Noodlesocks wrote: »
    Game is such a mish mash of design concepts that I'm not even sure if Dice Sweden knows the answer.



    This.

    They remove spotting and add attrition but then add spotting flares and spotting scopes.

    I think DICE is completely lost more than anything.



    Not really. Spotting flares and scope can make useless scout somewhat useful. I get it you re an easy core (my apologies hardcore) lover. I cant remember when was the last time I looked at mini map to benefit from someone being spotted (perhaps BC2, maybe BF3), because I purely rely on audio on my headset. Does it make a difference if you re spotted ? Yes if you are bad at 1v1, not if you can win your gunfights.



    Dice is lost what they want this game to be, attrition, spotting has nothing to do with it.



    Spotting has everything to do with it.

    What good is it if I'm better than the other guy when he can shoot up a spotting flare, see my position and come up behind me for a kill without me ever knowing he was there?

    Good luck hearing footsteps with all the gunshots and explosion around.

    I think they should have removed EVERY kind of spotting. Minimap and 3D.

    Spotting is there to help casual players do better. Period.



    Oh dear lord.... if you allow someone to shoot a flare and come behind you then I suggest you do some exercise. I am a casual because I have very little time for gaming but even so I could easily destroy you if they introduced easy core mode. And I am not attacking you or stat bashing just telling you, you are a part of that casual crowd. I am and many others are better than you regardless of what mechanics game has to offer, just like you are better than me in.. hmmm being stationary ? However if you wish to stop blaming the game mechanics for your deaths I suggest you follow 3 simple steps:



    1. Learn

    2. Adapt

    3. Overcome



    If I allow someone to shoot a flare? Am I supposed to predict he's going to shoot one, go up to him and ask him not to do it?

    Don't kid yourself.

    It sounds as if you are not aware that they are trivial to shoot down. To the point of being generally not all that useful against competent opponents.

    By the time you spot it and shoot it down it has already marked you and you whole squad. Your point is completely dull.
    Try again.

    You know it’s ok to admit someone’s point is reasonable instead of exaggerating and being hyperbolic.

    Flare guns make a noise on shot and when they are drifting down. They also have a delay till they spot after the parachute is deployed. Shoot it then move. Leave a Bouncong Betty for extra saltiness.

    Yeah, a delay of what? 1 second?
    From the time you shoot it up to the time it spots enemies is less than three seconds and that's all it takes for some dumb noob to look at the map and magically know my position.
    Players should only get punished when they do somethibg wrong.
    The flare spotting players that did nothing wrong is completely stupid and made for the sole purpuse of helping those that suck at the expense of punishing those that don't.
    If you think that's good game design, I feel very sorry for you.

    Good Players have No Problems with spotting.

    By the way its Not cheating its a Game Feature for 10 years.
  • Vulgar_cowboy
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rex_Holez wrote: »
    The last BF in the series that wasn't geared towards casuals was 2142. 
    Would kill for 2142 on frostbite. After the first few patches it was quite balanced yet could still be perceived as asymmetrical. Someone go get me my Voss

    The Baur was ace too
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rex_Holez wrote: »
    The last BF in the series that wasn't geared towards casuals was 2142. 
    Would kill for 2142 on frostbite. After the first few patches it was quite balanced yet could still be perceived as asymmetrical. Someone go get me my Voss

    The Baur was ace too
    The voss was the noob of the assault rifles  :D 
    Krylov FA-37 was my poison, although the Baur was nice.
    You don't want a 2142 sequel.  It would come with all the flaws of the modern BF franchise I'm afraid, and you would be bitterly disappointed.
  • TheFightin
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Random bullet deviation in BF1 is the definition of casual.
  • MinZhuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    Can someone in this thread actually tell me what makes it 'casual"?

    -spotting flares
    -spotting scopes
    -suppression spoting
    -vehicle gadget/specialization spotting
    -third person camera on vehicles
    -vehicle self repair
    -death cam showing your killer's location
    -vehicle spawn mechanic
    And the list goes on.

    I guess those hardcore players should rather go play ArmA 3 or Escape from Tarkov.

    Listening to those game changers and placing BF somewhere between normal and hardcore was a huge failure in game design.

    Those who call for hardcore experience wants something completely different from BF franchise. better find another game.

  • ragnarok013
    3214 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Just a friendly reminder to stay civil when responding to other posters. Refute their argument but do not insult one another.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    Can someone in this thread actually tell me what makes it 'casual"?

    -spotting flares
    -spotting scopes
    -suppression spoting
    -vehicle gadget/specialization spotting
    -third person camera on vehicles
    -vehicle self repair
    -death cam showing your killer's location
    -vehicle spawn mechanic
    And the list goes on.

    I guess those hardcore players should rather go play ArmA 3 or Escape from Tarkov.

    Listening to those game changers and placing BF somewhere between normal and hardcore was a huge failure in game design.

    Those who call for hardcore experience wants something completely different from BF franchise. better find another game.

    Not really. Battlefield started to become "casualized" with the first Bad Company game, and even more so with BF3/4/H.
    We just want it to go back to its roots.
  • MinZhuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    Can someone in this thread actually tell me what makes it 'casual"?

    -spotting flares
    -spotting scopes
    -suppression spoting
    -vehicle gadget/specialization spotting
    -third person camera on vehicles
    -vehicle self repair
    -death cam showing your killer's location
    -vehicle spawn mechanic
    And the list goes on.

    I guess those hardcore players should rather go play ArmA 3 or Escape from Tarkov.

    Listening to those game changers and placing BF somewhere between normal and hardcore was a huge failure in game design.

    Those who call for hardcore experience wants something completely different from BF franchise. better find another game.

    Not really. Battlefield started to become "casualized" with the first Bad Company game, and even more so with BF3/4/H.
    We just want it to go back to its roots.

    some of those lists were already in BF2, if I remember correctly.

    I think the game that fits most of the conditions is Red Orchestra 2.
    No vehicle 3rd person cam, no self repair, no kill cam, etc.

    Well, of course, that kind of hardcore games have very small player base, since most of the gamers just hate those unnecessarily complex mechanics. And EA and DICE won’t wanna sell BF that few.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    Can someone in this thread actually tell me what makes it 'casual"?

    -spotting flares
    -spotting scopes
    -suppression spoting
    -vehicle gadget/specialization spotting
    -third person camera on vehicles
    -vehicle self repair
    -death cam showing your killer's location
    -vehicle spawn mechanic
    And the list goes on.

    I guess those hardcore players should rather go play ArmA 3 or Escape from Tarkov.

    Listening to those game changers and placing BF somewhere between normal and hardcore was a huge failure in game design.

    Those who call for hardcore experience wants something completely different from BF franchise. better find another game.

    Not really. Battlefield started to become "casualized" with the first Bad Company game, and even more so with BF3/4/H.
    We just want it to go back to its roots.

    some of those lists were already in BF2, if I remember correctly.

    I think the game that fits most of the conditions is Red Orchestra 2.
    No vehicle 3rd person cam, no self repair, no kill cam, etc.

    Well, of course, that kind of hardcore games have very small player base, since most of the gamers just hate those unnecessarily complex mechanics. And EA and DICE won’t wanna sell BF that few.

    I would be fine with everything else in BFV if they just removed all types of spotting.
    Its such a ridiculous mechanic.
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think it is, and are we happy about that?


    You should be, just got on BF4 and the so called pros there made for very poor gameplay, spawnsniping, everyone with maxed out weapons spassing about spamfiring in the direction their map told them to with the starter weapons being next to useless. It would seem BF1 was the shining exception, well then TTK2.0 happened...
Sign In or Register to comment.