Is this game bent towards casual?

1235»

Comments

  • MBT_Layzan
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think it is, and are we happy about that?


    You should be, just got on BF4 and the so called pros there made for very poor gameplay, spawnsniping, everyone with maxed out weapons spassing about spamfiring in the direction their map told them to with the starter weapons being next to useless. It would seem BF1 was the shining exception, well then TTK2.0 happened...
    I miss BF 1943, and games like Vietnam. Or 2142. 
  • Hawxxeye
    5198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the game is not bent towards casual it is bent towards Assault and any other class that has mid to long range fast firing weapons
  • Skitelz7
    923 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 said:


    TennouHeikaBanza wrote: »


    Skitelz7 wrote: »


    TennouHeikaBanza wrote: »


    Skitelz7 wrote: »


    YourLocalPlumber wrote: »
    Can someone in this thread actually tell me what makes it 'casual"?



    -spotting flares

    -spotting scopes

    -suppression spoting

    -vehicle gadget/specialization spotting

    -third person camera on vehicles

    -vehicle self repair

    -death cam showing your killer's location

    -vehicle spawn mechanic

    And the list goes on.



    I guess those hardcore players should rather go play ArmA 3 or Escape from Tarkov.



    Listening to those game changers and placing BF somewhere between normal and hardcore was a huge failure in game design.



    Those who call for hardcore experience wants something completely different from BF franchise. better find another game.





    Not really. Battlefield started to become "casualized" with the first Bad Company game, and even more so with BF3/4/H.

    We just want it to go back to its roots.



    some of those lists were already in BF2, if I remember correctly.



    I think the game that fits most of the conditions is Red Orchestra 2.

    No vehicle 3rd person cam, no self repair, no kill cam, etc.



    Well, of course, that kind of hardcore games have very small player base, since most of the gamers just hate those unnecessarily complex mechanics. And EA and DICE won’t wanna sell BF that few.



    I would be fine with everything else in BFV if they just removed all types of spotting.

    Its such a ridiculous mechanic.

    So me being able to tell my teammates that  multiple enemies that are about to ambush them is a ridiculous mechanic?  Because that is all spotting is. Its  a simple way to communicate to teammates that is all it is. People don't use mics, Even if they do, you can only communicate with your squad.  Then there is all the nonsense that goes on with people that do have mics. So in saying its a ridiculous mechanic you have no issue watching your teammates 100 meters away get utterly slaughtered because  you could not let them know where 1 or 2 enemies were at?  

    You can do that with the current marking mechanic. I have no problem with that.
    What I don't like is the the other type of spotting (minimap and 3D) that marks the enemie's exact position and follows them around. That type of spotting is made specifically to help noobs and casual players while punishing players that have done nothing wrong.
    That type of spotting has to go.
  • Skitelz7
    923 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    the game is not bent towards casual it is bent towards Assault and any other class that has mid to long range fast firing weapons

    Maybe on PC where all you have to do is point and click.
    On consoles it seems more balanced since it takes more skill to aim and control the recoil.
  • Hawxxeye
    5198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 said:
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    the game is not bent towards casual it is bent towards Assault and any other class that has mid to long range fast firing weapons

    Maybe on PC where all you have to do is point and click.
    On consoles it seems more balanced since it takes more skill to aim and control the recoil.
    I still do not get why cant the consoles get their own separate balance and patch cycle.
    It would be a win-win situation cause some guns could be adjusted with just consoles in mind and they would able to patch the PC version more often and thus try changes without committing to an entire month before fixing the problems that are introduced in the patch
  • MBT_Layzan
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Skitelz7 said:
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    the game is not bent towards casual it is bent towards Assault and any other class that has mid to long range fast firing weapons

    Maybe on PC where all you have to do is point and click.
    On consoles it seems more balanced since it takes more skill to aim and control the recoil.
    I still do not get why cant the consoles get their own separate balance and patch cycle.
    It would be a win-win situation cause some guns could be adjusted with just consoles in mind and they would able to patch the PC version more often and thus try changes without committing to an entire month before fixing the problems that are introduced in the patch
    I hate it, they make tanks aiming all wired and slow, mess with turret speed, but we on PC have to face laser accuracy AT assault weapon spam. 
  • r3cklesshate23ps
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    LOLGotYerTags said:
    Battlefield has always been catered to the "casual" gamer.

    There isn't much in terms of competitive gameplay in the BF series,  3 seems decent enough to lean into the competitive area.

    BF1 had that incursions but I don't think there are servers for it anymore.



    COD caters to the casual gamer not BF.
    So does BF. You can make it competitive with leagues and certain rules but the whole core is built for casuals. End of story.

    The rules in these "leagues" destroy the game. The restrictions applied to esb and bmf and other "leagues"(a joke in their entirety) ruin the Competitiveness for every player. They do not stablize the game, and do not create an enviroment where players are more on par. Its a joke. And Competitive battlefield will never work with such rules a restrictions. In 7 months we'll have new nations, weapons, and vehicles. 75% or more of which has already been restricted by these "leagues" and they arent even out yet. They havent been nerfed. They havent been tried and tested. But gaurunteed banned. Tis a joke
Sign In or Register to comment.