Airplay: Controller vs. MKB

Catsonspeeed
612 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
So being totally bored and done with BFV, I'm thinking of  going back to BF4 and migrating to PC from PS4. I love flying the Attack Helis, and have about 422 hours and 425 Service Stars in with BF4 on PS4.
But can you compete with a controller against mouse and keyboard? I know that it's a lost cause playing infantry with a controller, but how about the airplay? Can anyone share their experiences on this? 

Comments

• ragnarok013
    3031 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @Catsonspeeed ; I've moved your post to the BF4 section. I returned to PC gaming after a stint on console back during BF3 and you'll only need a few days to really get used to MKB and do well. Friends of mine who transitioned to PC from console tried using a controller for a while and found their experience to be much better once they switched to MKB. My advice is to suck it up for a few days while you get used to the new input device and then you'll see your performance get better quickly. I still play console frequently so I'm not anti-console by any means, I just think that MKB provides the best results for PC shooters.

There is one exception for controller on PC, some people report better results flying with a controller and many people keep an Xbox controller plugged into their PC for when they fly.
  • Catsonspeeed
    612 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Catsonspeeed ; I've moved your post to the BF4 section. I returned to PC gaming after a stint on console back during BF3 and you'll only need a few days to really get used to MKB and do well. Friends of mine who transitioned to PC from console tried using a controller for a while and found their experience to be much better once they switched to MKB. My advice is to suck it up for a few days while you get used to the new input device and then you'll see your performance get better quickly. I still play console frequently so I'm not anti-console by any means, I just think that MKB provides the best results for PC shooters.

There is one exception for controller on PC, some people report better results flying with a controller and many people keep an Xbox controller plugged into their PC for when they fly.
    I just got a new laptop recently, and I don't have a mouse yet. But I will get one. I'm just so used to flying with a controller, that I'll probably just gonna stick with it. But for infantry combat I'll just wait for the mouse to arrive. I'll be sure to stay up in the air until then lol.

My PS+ subscription just ended, and I figured since BFV is pretty much the only multiplayer I play, and I'm bored with it, it would be a better idea to get Origin Access for a while, and try out the PC versions. BF3 will be interesting, I only played it with PS3, so it's practically a whole new game for me. Thanks for the reply.