This Week in Battlefield V

Welcome to Grind

Comments

• VOLBANKER
    1007 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just played 5 minutes on Narvik - that's the first and last 5 minutes I'll ever spend playing that ridiculous game mode.
    What a joke Grind is, you gotta be kidding me DICE !
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    812 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Haha on Twisted Steel literally all you need to do is stand next to an Ammo box and launch grenades. That's it. 

To be fair Devastation is quite fun, but to be honest the whole mode sort of highlights why BFV has been a bit of a disappointment. TTK is way too fast when you factor in the ease of use guns, visibility and the power of prone.

Don't particularly hate Grind, don't particularly like it. Meh.
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love it, good work, it is hectic but fun. The only feedback would be to increase the tickets to 600. The other feedback would be to get rid of piats for this mode
    get rid of all explosives and everything on a bipod
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    854 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    if this is your best DICE we are in for a rough ride this has nothing to do with BF this is just a huge mess and i am surprised it made it past initial play test.
  • Llordus
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Grind is just a crap. Not sure why dice wants to discourage people to play the game - but "modes" like Grind makes me sure, they just dream to loose as may players as possible, as soon as possible. But why then they call the game "living service" while making it "dying service"?
  • Soulbreeze
    357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I won't complain about the mode. It's a meat grinder and we don't really have one like metro/locker on here. But the laziness continues. Can't search for it in the browser since they can't even add a mode for Grind. When I join one through Quickmatch, it shows up as Conquest. C'mon guys, you aren't just raising the incompetence bar, you're creating it.
  • Woodlbrad
    644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 18
    Worst mode I've ever played devastation is the only one worth playing won't be playing metro if its added.
    Post edited by Woodlbrad on
  • YaBoiCharlemagne
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why does it crash when I try to join a Grind match?
  • Braddock512
    1287 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    I won't complain about the mode. It's a meat grinder and we don't really have one like metro/locker on here. But the laziness continues. Can't search for it in the browser since they can't even add a mode for Grind. When I join one through Quickmatch, it shows up as Conquest. C'mon guys, you aren't just raising the incompetence bar, you're creating it.
    If you join through the Tides of War nodes, it will show up as Conquest / Conquest - Grind. It's not in the server browser quickmatch screen as it's just a weekly mode for this week's ToW Storyline.

-Braddock512-
  • Llordus
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why does it crash when I try to join a Grind match?
    Your karma is protecting you. Say 'thank you' to your good karma....
  • RED_KYLI
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We dont want limited time modes, either release it or don't bother us. Bring back rush mode and tweak the maps a bit and we'll be more happy than a limited time weird flex. We love Battlefield but we hate this practice
  • Trokey66
    8357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RED_KYLI wrote: »
    We dont want limited time modes, either release it or don't bother us. Bring back rush mode and tweak the maps a bit and we'll be more happy than a limited time weird flex. We love Battlefield but we hate this practice

Who is 'we'?
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2033 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Haha on Twisted Steel literally all you need to do is stand next to an Ammo box and launch grenades. That's it. 

To be fair Devastation is quite fun, but to be honest the whole mode sort of highlights why BFV has been a bit of a disappointment. TTK is way too fast when you factor in the ease of use guns, visibility and the power of prone.

Don't particularly hate Grind, don't particularly like it. Meh.

Yeah Devastation is alright, but Rotterdam is horrible with a way too wide layout, meaning people just farming from the sides. Bridge and Narvik are decent enough. Not my cup of tee, but I can see the allure.
  • BallisticPork
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is great mode - it is BF V metro. I love this one and squad conquest. This is only two modes I want to play in the future.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 18
    Not my cup of tea. Spam fest, no nuance or tactics just pummel. Filler mode - glad it's for a limited time only

I don't get why people say it's like Metro - it's nothing like it. Metro had more than 2 ways to go
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i swear a team of chimpanzees could of come up with a better game mode than this. what a dumpster fire.
  • maskedocelot
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't like it. Nearly all of the games were spawn traps and it's reintroduced explosive spam.

Also wasn't keen on some of the positioning, twisted steel if you flank using the ground you get pushed up the stairs at the end and it brings you really close to the enemy main regen, the same with narvik at one end because of the annoying snow drift you can't really vault and it pushes you away from the last position and towards the enemy regen.

Also thought the positions were a bit small and maybe the map could have been longer.

Rotterdam was the best map for me with the positions being capturable from above and below.

I liked the new under bridge bit on twisted steel, thinking it might work well for team deathmatch or squad assault.
  • mattd3162014
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WOW JUST WOW.I bet dice think this is new content such an original idea i wonder how many months it took them to come up with this.They must have been working on it since battlefield 1942.

Bravo Just Bravo you guys are soooo awesome.
  • LordKire93
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Very nice!
    It's like that classic bf3 Metro experience, but in WW2.
    I like it Very much.
  • VOLBANKER
    1007 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i swear a team of chimpanzees could of come up with a better game mode than this. what a dumpster fire.
    Some here would argue that Grind was made by a team of chimpanzees :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.