This Week in Battlefield V

Welcome to Grind

Comments

• aphex182
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    Who asked for this? Sounds awful.
    These chaotic infantry focused game types should be left for Call of Duty.

That's all they want BF to be, an ott type game of running and gunning at a ridiculous pace! No wonder people moan about people not reviving or dropping ammo or playing as a team because its game modes like this that ruin that experience.
  • JCN66
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I do like this in Devastation, it have quite nice map layout, Narvik is playable too. Twisted Steel is very bad, it is all the same from one end to other, too narrow. Maybe less players would be better, maps are quite small.

• PvtJohnTowle
    911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 19
    JCN66 wrote: »
    I do like
    this in Devastation, it have quite nice map layout, Narvik is playable too. Twisted Steel
    is very bad, it is all the same from one end to other, too narrow. Maybe less players
    would be better, maps are quite small.

You do realise there is a walkway under the bridge? Its not all the same. Players are using this walkway to flank behind the enemy team if they have B flag. Done this a few times already.
  • Z4gg0R
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Not my cup of tea. Fest of prone MMG support, grenade spam, and horde of medics that will not be bothered with reviving.

Did the assignments last night, unlocked useless gun, waiting for next week new content ...

• PvtJohnTowle
    911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Gundidrone wrote: »
    Love it!

Just needs more tickets there’s no chance of a fight back if a team loses all flags.

Would be good if some maps had 5 flags instead of just 3 for more strategy.

Go play normal conquest then. No more flags needed.
  • JCN66
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    JCN66 wrote: »
    I do like
    this in Devastation, it have quite nice map layout, Narvik is playable too. Twisted Steel
    is very bad, it is all the same from one end to other, too narrow. Maybe less players
    would be better, maps are quite small.

You do realise there is a walkway under the bridge? Its not all the same. Players are using this walkway to flank behind the enemy team if they have B flag. Done this a few times already.
    Yes I do, it is still all the same in two floors. Have been used it, but still not to my taste.
  • Deus_Vult_Amega
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mode is good. But **** servers eu . Microfrezes. One frame death now normal. Great job
  • ViolationofDerp
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like narvik and twisted steel in this one, but while playing on EU servers yesterday I noticed that the delay on the hit detection & TTD was huge, it just felt wonky all around. Only happened on this particular gamemode, very weird.
  • Jadzeer_Daxx
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In Grind, players are using the PIAT as a mortar - this needs a view from DICE as it's OP and not as intended.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    edited April 20
    In Grind, players are using the PIAT as a mortar - this needs a view from DICE as it's OP and not as intended.

Why don’t you grow a pair. No different to a rifle grenade. What do you want them to do?

Mortars were used in WW2 but they are not in the game yet and no word if they will be. I don’t see a problem here except some kids throwing tantrums
    Post edited by PvtJohnTowle on
  • doctorrocktor
    1800 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    More infantry game modes,what are dice doing isn't this supposed to be Battlefield all out war with multiple vehicles.I'm really finding it hard to defend this game anymore,and there still adding gas masks which alot of players said they don't want,and you say you listen to the community or are you just trying to pee us off.
  • SnowyCraftSQUAD
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Alright
  • radintov
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is the worst game mode I have had the displeasure of playing in a while.
    The only positive things I can say about it is that it lives up to its name and that I don't have to play it if I don't want to.
  • Caramac_D
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think its a fine mode on Devastation where you have at least 2 bottlenecks and some wiggle room at all times. The other 3 are fun for a while but get boring quickly through lack of dynamics. Rotterdam favours the Brits if they can hide around the C flag. The catwalks under the bridge on Twisted Steel are tacked on and cheap. Narvik is just silly. Devastation though = Brilliant. Oh and can you fix the TTD please Dice, thanks.
  • Gam_BOWS
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have played this game mode for several hours... It is AWESOME. BFV has been missing some quality chaos that other BF titles offer. 64 players all in a localised smaller area like in rush or BF1 operations. Fantastic idea from dice, please keep this in the game.
  • Shadow0nTh3Sun
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Z4gg0R said:

Not my cup of tea. Fest of prone MMG support, grenade spam, and horde of medics that will not be bothered with reviving.

Did the assignments last night, unlocked useless gun, waiting for next week new content ...

Try playing just for fun.  Working on assignments is the opposite of fun and its no wonder you don't want to play.
  • GeneralXIV
    238 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tbh, I find Grind intolerable. The maps are wayyyy too small and sooooo overcrowded. Its just a haven for frag grenade rifles, mmgs and snipers. The worst part is that to unlock a new weapon, I have to play it. Not just for a few games either -_- 

The original base Battlefield V is fun. I have lots of fun memories from playing Conquest. But every time a new limited-time game mode is released (or a new permanent mode in the case of Firestorm), I dont really like them. There has not been one new mode Ive enjoyed yet. I find them either too small, too chaotic, too imbalanced or, in the case of Firestorm, too boring... and pointless because most are for a limited time only.

Im... kinda at the point where I dont want to play Battlefield V anymore. Unlocking the actual, new content like weapons and cosmetics is just a chore for me. I dont have fun in Tides of War, but its made worse when a new mode is released because I just know Ill be made to play something I dont enjoy. And it happens every time. I keep hoping for something added into the game beyond cosmetics and weapons that Ill enjoy...
  • NN_Buzz12
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Do we need to be on Reddit to be heard?  I want to play BF not a spin off of someone elses game.  CoD, battle royale.  Talk about about a budget and then you waste money on skins and game modes we don't even care about.  Must be the reddit crowd gets what they ask for?

Servers with admin tools - These new game mode aren't any fun with hackers sharing the game.  Does EA/Dice hear us????
  • PvtJohnTowle
    edited April 20
    Grind is fun. Like the chaos and how you are able to flank quite easily if you know the routes which aren't hard to figure out. However still would like new maps, factions and vehicles and weapons. Missing M1 Garand and Sherman Tank even though there are USA weapons in the game already.  It's Fort De Vaux/Argonne Forest from BF1 vibes. 
  • mf_shro0m
    1464 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    Who asked for this? Sounds awful.
    These chaotic infantry focused game types should be left for Call of Duty.

I disagree
This discussion has been closed.