Weekly BF

So how are things

Gforce81
3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
SUP

You may remember me. Maybe not. Been away from the field for quite a while. For Honor has drawn me in as well as Sekiro. Haven't touched BF5 for quite a while now, Feb at least. 

I know what a Saltmine this place is. Just curious as to the quick recap: whats the state of things in BF5 since my absence? Reason to return? Better, worse? etc

Comments

• Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's better than release for sure. I have some issues with micro stuttering that stubbornly wont go away but overall it's better. Still playing mostly every evening.

Well worth coming back to see for yerself
  • dcs500
    1441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same old, same old, oh, and Firestorm.
  • KnucklesNilan
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The other night, I played for the first time, in a long time...  now I remember why!  
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3031 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We got Firestorm, YAY! .....Right?..... Anyone? K forget that.  We got updated roadmap which is complete disaster if you were looking for new maps. 1 map called Mercury is coming May 30th. Still getting weekly assignments for weapons and skin. 

Other than that, nothing has changed really.
  • sasqch10
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you are asking is the game magically fun, bug free and content is even close to where it should have been on release?! Nope. Still a joke but you can pay real money for cartoon skins, so there’s that!!
  • SirBobdk
    4137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We got Firestorm, YAY! .....Right?..... Anyone? K forget that.  We got updated roadmap which is complete disaster if you were looking for new maps. 1 map called Mercury is coming May 30th. Still getting weekly assignments for weapons and skin. 

Other than that, nothing has changed really.

Even plane mechanics have been change back to Alpha garbage
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    544 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:

Even plane mechanics have been change back to Alpha garbage

But DICE is investigating the issue and trying to find the reason :D
  • SirBobdk
    4137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    [quote="IDirtY_SeCreT;c-1524123

But DICE is investigating the issue and trying to find the reason :D[/quote]

I get tics every time dice try to fix something
  • StarscreamUK
    7320 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited April 16
    Too soon, there is at least 1 seriously injured firefighter.
  • Trokey66
    8550 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    SUP

You may remember me. Maybe not. Been away from the field for quite a while. For Honor has drawn me in as well as Sekiro. Haven't touched BF5 for quite a while now, Feb at least. 

I know what a Saltmine this place is. Just curious as to the quick recap: whats the state of things in BF5 since my absence? Reason to return? Better, worse? etc

As you can see, still a salt mine.......
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    544 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 16
    And in Africa every 60 seconds one minute passes
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gforce81 said:
    SUP

You paid for it, you might as well play if the aggravation level isn't too much for you. I have two types of BFV games. Some make me wonder why I bother, like last night when some low-rank player goes through the server like he's harvesting wheat and finishes in first place, and everyone being killed by him was thinking, "Whoa, something about that wasn't right". Or two clans stacked up one team and smashed the other side flat, laughing about it in chat, "We're just some guys playing with friends, what's the problem?" Then later I had some games which seemed more normal, close games where nobody had superhuman powers and the teams were balanced and whether we won or lost it was fun to play. With no rented servers and thus no admins to take out the trash or balance teams, the kind of games I get are hit or miss. The fun games happen often enough to keep me going despite the lack of new maps etc. resulting form's EA's foolish decision to make this a "live service" game. But one of these days some friend is going to tell me about a great new game from another company and I'll like it so much I won't have much reason to play BFV anymore. I bought BF1942, and here I am thinking that if BF6 repeats the incredibly bad choices EA made in BFV, I might not buy it. Hell of a business model, make you long-time loyal customers lose interest in the franchise....
  • Redstripe101
    2560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 16

its a forum on a game about the greatest conflict on earth. if DICE animated the gif would it be ok?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13322 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

its a forum on a game about the greatest conflict on earth. if DICE animated the gif would it be ok?
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/137240/battlefield-forum-rules-and-guidelines

Dos and Don’ts
    Here’s a breakdown for what to do and what not to do here on Battlefield Forums.

Dos
    Post in the right place.  :  To give you an example: posts in the Battlefield 1 PC Community should relate to a discussion around the PC version of the game. We might move or remove posts in the wrong place.
    Keep it on-topic :  If someone created a thread, it’s because they’re looking for an answer to their question. Changing the topic of the thread isn’t helpful.
    Keep it game-related :  We’re not here to debate politics or religion, so keep the conversation about our games.
    Keep it appropriate :  Players of all ages see Battlefield Forums, this is true even for M rated games. Make sure that any posts or images you use are in line with the EA Forum Rules & Guidelines below and the EA User Agreement.
    Questions?
  • OrionPherrit
    449 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Had to copy this from reddit:D :D :D
    Lol! Sad about the historic cathedral, but Notre Dame would be a great new map, certainly better than that bombed out church in Devastation.
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Had to copy this from reddit:D :D :D
    Lol! Sad about the historic cathedral, but Notre Dame would be a great new map, certainly better than that bombed out church in Devastation.

Looks the same to me.
  • astraussdc
    356 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Since February?  I don't feel like there's much that's changed at all worth noting.  Firestorm is a thing now and you can dump money on elite boin only skins.  Kinda covers it.  All the things that were problems in this game remain problems, strongly suggesting DICE probably has no idea how ti fix them.  And, um, new Tides of War and a gun unlockable this week.  *shrug*
  • bigmatt9486
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/137240/battlefield-forum-rules-and-guidelines

Dos and Don’ts
    Here’s a breakdown for what to do and what not to do here on Battlefield Forums.

Dos
    Post in the right place.  :  To give you an example: posts in the Battlefield 1 PC Community should relate to a discussion around the PC version of the game. We might move or remove posts in the wrong place.
    Keep it on-topic :  If someone created a thread, it’s because they’re looking for an answer to their question. Changing the topic of the thread isn’t helpful.
    Keep it game-related :  We’re not here to debate politics or religion, so keep the conversation about our games.
    Keep it appropriate :  Players of all ages see Battlefield Forums, this is true even for M rated games. Make sure that any posts or images you use are in line with the EA Forum Rules & Guidelines below and the EA User Agreement.
    Questions?
    When the firefighter gets better can he come put out the firestorm?