high ping

13»

Comments

• MrCamp121
    526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Last night was absolute dog egg!

At least 6 players with 100+ ping and it was almost unplayable (and I don't use that word lightly!).

It seems that the witching hour is around 22:30 - 23:00 when the major influx of OoR players join, before that, it is relatively smooth.

EU(UK) and PS4 by the way.

Agreed. Yesterday was brutal at times. On pc in NA there were only a few 100+ pings and the server went nuts lol caused my usual 49 ping to spike upwards of 340 at times
  • VincentNZ
    2713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 said:
    I consider any ping higher than 80ms to be high ping 150> extreme.

If we had RSP I would kick/ban anyone with ping higher than 55ms.

Well that would technically mean that you would ban anyone that is about 1500km away from you. A ping of 55 will not in any way hurt one's own or other gameplay. By the way, as datacentres are now East or West Coast US in America, or Frankfurt in the whole of Europe you would have huge blank spaces in quite populated areas, if that spread on. That is of course, if rented servers, would run on the official data centres and not new ones.
  • PrairieGeek
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    Vycinas2 said:
    I consider any ping higher than 80ms to be high ping 150> extreme.

If we had RSP I would kick/ban anyone with ping higher than 55ms.

Well that would technically mean that you would ban anyone that is about 1500km away from you. A ping of 55 will not in any way hurt one's own or other gameplay. By the way, as datacentres are now East or West Coast US in America, or Frankfurt in the whole of Europe you would have huge blank spaces in quite populated areas, if that spread on. That is of course, if rented servers, would run on the official data centres and not new ones.
    The sad part is I doubt EA will tell us where the RSP is hosted.  I live in South Dakota, right smack in the middle.  Pretty much a guarantee there will never be a server within a days drive of me, ever.
  • KrullBorg
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    just entered in 3 servers: about 30 people with ping over 100, and the half of these over 200...
  • PrairieGeek
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KrullBorg said:
    just entered in 3 servers: about 30 people with ping over 100, and the half of these over 200...
    It is getting worse.  It is not the players fault.  This continuing downhill slide is solely on the shoulders of EA/DICE and their contract with AWS.  I recently went back to BF1 to take a break and started having the same issues there.  It turns out that EA/DICE has now moved the BF1 servers to AWS as well and now that is tanking.
  • KrullBorg
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KrullBorg said:
    It is getting worse.  It is not the players fault.  This continuing downhill slide is solely on the shoulders of EA/DICE and their contract with AWS.  I recently went back to BF1 to take a break and started having the same issues there.  It turns out that EA/DICE has now moved the BF1 servers to AWS as well and now that is tanking.

WHAT??? ROTFL... based on what you say everyone must have high ping... you're very fun
  • KrullBorg
    no way to play today... too many people with very high ping
  • ackers75
    2337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It plays so bad it’s ridiculous
  • PrairieGeek
    KrullBorg wrote: »
    PrairieGeek said:

KrullBorg said:

WHAT??? ROTFL... based on what you say everyone must have high ping... you're very fun

Well what is so funny? The truth? What is your average ping on both games and where are you located? I am curious. I live in South Dakota, I have a pretty steady 70 ping from day 1. Had the same ping in bf1 all along and never had issues until recently there. Have had issues with bf5 since beginning. I firmly believe the issues are lag compensation and the aws hosting
  • ragnarok013
    3077 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    diagoro said:
    I've started sending messages to high ping players. Most don't realize what's going on. A lot seem to use wifi....
    diagoro I suspect that many of them also use quick match to find games and don't have any idea where the system is dropping them.