For the love of God release some maps already there is no reason to not have atleast 20

Comments

  • G-Gnu
    1462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    O.M.G. , MODS you need to do something about the forum filter, it chows post like nothing before.
    I tried to edit my post once to include a source link and it ate my post with line sinker and hook :#:smile:



  • PoppaPappo
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    PoppaPappo said:


    Masqerader wrote: »
    UnearthedCO said:

    I created a thread about this. DICE needs to announce the premium pass for $50 and get some content going.  BFV is a great game it just needs maps.









    You don't need premium to have maps, they can just release maps, its not like this company is broke, they made a ton tricking people into buying Anthem, plus all the money they make from their Ultimate team gambling simulator







    This guy gets it.





    Premium and paid DLC was always a scam and I’m always surprised to see otherwise bright people defend it. Anyone who grew up gaming in the 1990s (before games became a multi-billion-dollar-a-year industry and game companies were run by people genuinely passionate about games ) knows that’s horse puckey.



    Yes, game development is very expensive. Everyone knows that. But, all that money from DLC and Premium went to line the pockets of executives, not to the developers. Is there any reason Patrick Söderlund needed to make $48 million a year or Andrew Wilson needs to make $35 million a year? Wouldn’t Patrick still have a comfortable life making, say, $25 million a year? And that’s only two of the many executives at EA that are multimillionaires (yes, I know Söderlund doesn’t work there anymore). If you cut all their salaries a smidge you’d easily have at least $100 million-a-year extra to be used for other things, such as hiring more people at DICE to fix bugs, do Q&A, and, of course, design maps.

    So ... a scam , though the map contents was vastly larger in every iteration with the premium in the same time period as this iteration.
    DLC has been for ages , but they where called expansions back in the days because they it came out on discs.
    Premium is of course a way to grab early money exactly as pre order is, but the difference is that with premium there was a road map from the beginning , not revealing everything but at least in what timeline you would expect a new release.
    I do not see the difference the way a CEO of EA is different to let say Apple or other big companies, mostly every on of them i money hungry and only looks to their own best interests.
     
    Grabbed this one from Battlefield reddit , about the time that BF1 got 4 new maps (in total at that time 5 maps)  BF5 will get one more ,a staggering amount 2 maps in total besides the vanilla ones.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/b1e5d2/battlefield_map_release_timelines/



    The original Star Wars Battlefront 2, which came out in 2005, came with 24 maps right out of the box! 24 maps. Right from the get go. Yes, Premium is a scam.

    Yes, there have been expansions since the 1990s (I had them for many LucasArts, Sierra/Dynamix, and Origin games) but those were genuine expansions or merely Speech Packs in the case of Origin Systems’ games, which were separate to save people hard disk space for those that didn’t want it. The base games, alone, had more content that any of the more recent games including Premium.

    Somewhere along the way, the executives figured out you could take what, in the ‘90s, would’ve been a complete game and chop it up into chunks and get people to pay for the game again 2 or 3 times. This is in part HOW they became a multi-billion-dollar-a-year industry.

    Seriously, I don’t believe anyone who defends Premium and DLC was actually gaming in the ‘90s, because it was a LOT different.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11190 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OmniTactics24_24 said:
    Bring back premium immediately you cannot be trusted with anything else
    Paid DLC resulted in more content, Premium was just a way for people to get all the DLC at a discount.  I thought Premium was a good deal because of all the extra content and a couple of perks like queue priority and some significant early access.  But some people whined about it, as if fifty bucks would have taken food out of the mouths of their children or something.  EA, not being the smartest company, decided to do away with paid DLC and go with a games-as-a-service business model because of all the money companies like Epic and PUBG Corp. are making that way.  But EA being EA they've made a mess of that, so now the money to fund the development of new maps and vehicles and factions and so on isn't there, thus they have DICE on a tight budget and additional content is appearing at a glacial rate.

    Anyone who ever believed that a game without paid DLC would get additional content at anything like the rate of older BF games was a fool, there is no point sugar coating it, they were delusional to believe that.  Everything has to be paid for, and it doesn't matter if someone thinks EA already makes enough money or whatever, the results speak for themselves.  I played a series of games where expansion packs had to be purchased, Harpoon and Total Annihilation come to mind.  I didn't expect those companies to design new maps and vehicles etc. for nothing, just as I didn't expect to see the later Star Wars movies for free because I paid to see the first one.  I don't care what EA pays execs, I care about results, and with paid DLC the result was bigger and better games.

    Paid DLC and Premium worked, BF4 went from 10 maps to 33 over two years (as they were doing a massive repair job on that game which was a disaster at release), there is no getting around that.  Live Service doesn't work, at least for EA, and the trickle of new content we've seen in BFV is what you get for free.  You wanted free?  Okay, here's what a game with "free" added content looks like, how's that working out for you?
    Fruxen wrote: »
    parkingbrake said: You wanted free?  Okay, here's what a game with "free" added content looks like, how's that working out for you?

    100% agree with your post. I don't get how anyone seriously expected any other outcome for BFV than the current state.

    Even more surprising is that there are still people on this very forum that believe: (i) bfv will receive the same amount of maps under the current model as it did with bf1 or (ii) dice needs to release the same number of maps because it did with prior battlefields.
  • mrtwotimes
    806 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DJTN1 said:
    PoppaPappo wrote: »
    Masqerader wrote: »
    UnearthedCO said:
    I created a thread about this. DICE needs to announce the premium pass for $50 and get some content going.  BFV is a great game it just needs maps.




    You don't need premium to have maps, they can just release maps, its not like this company is broke, they made a ton tricking people into buying Anthem, plus all the money they make from their Ultimate team gambling simulator



    This guy gets it.


    Premium and paid DLC was always a scam and I’m always surprised to see otherwise bright people defend it. Anyone who grew up gaming in the 1990s (before games became a multi-billion-dollar-a-year industry and game companies were run by people genuinely passionate about games <RIP Origin Systems, Interplay, Sierra/Dynamix, and a host of others>) knows that’s horse puckey.

    Yes, game development is very expensive. Everyone knows that. But, all that money from DLC and Premium went to line the pockets of executives, not to the developers. Is there any reason Patrick Söderlund needed to make $48 million a year or Andrew Wilson needs to make $35 million a year? Wouldn’t Patrick still have a comfortable life making, say, $25 million a year? And that’s only two of the many executives at EA that are multimillionaires (yes, I know Söderlund doesn’t work there anymore). If you cut all their salaries a smidge you’d easily have at least $100 million-a-year extra to be used for other things, such as hiring more people at DICE to fix bugs, do Q&A, and, of course, design maps.

    Finally, someone who lives in reality.

    Great and honest comment!
    I can only assume salary was negotiated.  I find it funny when people start talking about others earnings, especially in context of wanting more video game maps.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

    Somewhere along the way, the executives figured out you could take what, in the ‘90s, would’ve been a complete game and chop it up into chunks and get people to pay for the game again 2 or 3 times. This is in part HOW they became a multi-billion-dollar-a-year industry.

    Seriously, I don’t believe anyone who defends Premium and DLC was actually gaming in the ‘90s, because it was a LOT different.
    Yes one reason was that Video games became popular towards a wider audience but there were also technical reasons. Internet in the 90s - especially early - was rare and expansive in comparison. Downloading 60GB of a Game ? A 5 GB Patch ? Not possible.
    So you had one or two expansion packs on discs because people had to go into a store and buy them. And of course you couldnt make five small ones and expect people to buy them.

    Because of that and not being able to fix certain technical issues after the Game was released, there was for certain parts a higher Quality Control. But there were also enough horrible Games around. And of course with more and more advanced Engines, it became more complicated to create a game. People also forget how the prices went down over the recent years, especially on PC, always a few weeks after release. I remember this time with joy but i wont let my memory be clouded by false Nostalgia.

    Regarding to Premium: As a costumer i had the possibility to look at the product and make the decisions if its worth it. For that the Company had to at least give me something to get me interesting AFTER i bought the main game. And they did.
    With BF V its the opposite and every action they took in the last months is showing me that they arent putting any afford into this Game, worthy of my attention and - more important to them - worthy of my money.
  • DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mrtwotimes wrote: »
    DJTN1 said:


    PoppaPappo wrote: »


    Masqerader wrote: »
    UnearthedCO said:

    I created a thread about this. DICE needs to announce the premium pass for $50 and get some content going.  BFV is a great game it just needs maps.









    You don't need premium to have maps, they can just release maps, its not like this company is broke, they made a ton tricking people into buying Anthem, plus all the money they make from their Ultimate team gambling simulator







    This guy gets it.





    Premium and paid DLC was always a scam and I’m always surprised to see otherwise bright people defend it. Anyone who grew up gaming in the 1990s (before games became a multi-billion-dollar-a-year industry and game companies were run by people genuinely passionate about games ) knows that’s horse puckey.



    Yes, game development is very expensive. Everyone knows that. But, all that money from DLC and Premium went to line the pockets of executives, not to the developers. Is there any reason Patrick Söderlund needed to make $48 million a year or Andrew Wilson needs to make $35 million a year? Wouldn’t Patrick still have a comfortable life making, say, $25 million a year? And that’s only two of the many executives at EA that are multimillionaires (yes, I know Söderlund doesn’t work there anymore). If you cut all their salaries a smidge you’d easily have at least $100 million-a-year extra to be used for other things, such as hiring more people at DICE to fix bugs, do Q&A, and, of course, design maps.



    Finally, someone who lives in reality.



    Great and honest comment!

    I can only assume salary was negotiated.  I find it funny when people start talking about others earnings, especially in context of wanting more video game maps.

    He was counter replying to people saying ea was broke and couldn't afford maps and content without premium. Although. I do get your point. For me personally, I don't think there should be any billionaires when there are children who don't have food or shoes or shelter.

    I also don't believe the intent was "they have more than me, it not fair".
  • Deadric22
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    NastySix said:
    BF2 Remastered with all maps (DLC) and same stat system (ranks, ribbons and medals)

    And maybe an option to customize your character to have a epic beard..
    As much as I want this we all know it'd be screwed up and nothing like what anyone was expecting. 
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Socom Navy Seals 2 for PS2 had 22 maps first day of release.  Yeah about half of them were old maps from Socom 1.  But still Socom 1 maps were awesome.  3 more maps were released on disc in a magazine after PS2 got the hard drive.  So 25 maps for a two generation's ago is pretty good.
  • UnearthedCO
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bring back premium immediately you cannot be trusted with anything else

    So bringing premium back immediately will just make maps magically appear? Hmm

    The reason they don't have 20 maps is because they don't have 20 maps
      It costs money to make maps.  The sales with BFV are less than expected and you somehow think not paying for DLC will somehow make DICE want to create the same amount of maps as a $50 premium pass?  I don't see how that logic makes sense. 
  • UnearthedCO
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 17
    Bring back premium immediately you cannot be trusted with anything else
    Paid DLC resulted in more content, Premium was just a way for people to get all the DLC at a discount.  I thought Premium was a good deal because of all the extra content and a couple of perks like queue priority and some significant early access.  But some people whined about it, as if fifty bucks would have taken food out of the mouths of their children or something.  EA, not being the smartest company, decided to do away with paid DLC and go with a games-as-a-service business model because of all the money companies like Epic and PUBG Corp. are making that way.  But EA being EA they've made a mess of that, so now the money to fund the development of new maps and vehicles and factions and so on isn't there, thus they have DICE on a tight budget and additional content is appearing at a glacial rate.

    Anyone who ever believed that a game without paid DLC would get additional content at anything like the rate of older BF games was a fool, there is no point sugar coating it, they were delusional to believe that.  Everything has to be paid for, and it doesn't matter if someone thinks EA already makes enough money or whatever, the results speak for themselves.  I played a series of games where expansion packs had to be purchased, Harpoon and Total Annihilation come to mind.  I didn't expect those companies to design new maps and vehicles etc. for nothing, just as I didn't expect to see the later Star Wars movies for free because I paid to see the first one.  I don't care what EA pays execs, I care about results, and with paid DLC the result was bigger and better games.

    Paid DLC and Premium worked, BF4 went from 10 maps to 33 over two years (as they were doing a massive repair job on that game which was a disaster at release), there is no getting around that.  Live Service doesn't work, at least for EA, and the trickle of new content we've seen in BFV is what you get for free.  You wanted free?  Okay, here's what a game with "free" added content looks like, how's that working out for you?
    Paying top executives hefty salaries isn't a game industry or EA issue that's a global issue.  Raising that case here doesn't make much sense.  The point we are making is that expecting free content in the same quality and quantity as a $50 premium pass is outright absurd.  The logic doesn't make sense.  This is the first time we have only gotten 1 map since release and its almost May. 

    All other Battlefield titles had more maps by this time.  If we look at another DICE game with the new live service model we can see that Battlefront 2 is plagued with the same problems.
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    PoppaPappo said:


    Masqerader wrote: »
    UnearthedCO said:

    I created a thread about this. DICE needs to announce the premium pass for $50 and get some content going.  BFV is a great game it just needs maps.









    You don't need premium to have maps, they can just release maps, its not like this company is broke, they made a ton tricking people into buying Anthem, plus all the money they make from their Ultimate team gambling simulator







    This guy gets it.





    Premium and paid DLC was always a scam and I’m always surprised to see otherwise bright people defend it. Anyone who grew up gaming in the 1990s (before games became a multi-billion-dollar-a-year industry and game companies were run by people genuinely passionate about games ) knows that’s horse puckey.



    Yes, game development is very expensive. Everyone knows that. But, all that money from DLC and Premium went to line the pockets of executives, not to the developers. Is there any reason Patrick Söderlund needed to make $48 million a year or Andrew Wilson needs to make $35 million a year? Wouldn’t Patrick still have a comfortable life making, say, $25 million a year? And that’s only two of the many executives at EA that are multimillionaires (yes, I know Söderlund doesn’t work there anymore). If you cut all their salaries a smidge you’d easily have at least $100 million-a-year extra to be used for other things, such as hiring more people at DICE to fix bugs, do Q&A, and, of course, design maps.

    So ... a scam , though the map contents was vastly larger in every iteration with the premium in the same time period as this iteration.
    DLC has been for ages , but they where called expansions back in the days because they it came out on discs.
    Premium is of course a way to grab early money exactly as pre order is, but the difference is that with premium there was a road map from the beginning , not revealing everything but at least in what timeline you would expect a new release.
    I do not see the difference the way a CEO of EA is different to let say Apple or other big companies, mostly every on of them i money hungry and only looks to their own best interests.
     
    Grabbed this one from Battlefield reddit , about the time that BF1 got 4 new maps (in total at that time 5 maps)  BF5 will get one more ,a staggering amount 2 maps in total besides the vanilla ones.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/b1e5d2/battlefield_map_release_timelines/



    The original Star Wars Battlefront 2, which came out in 2005, came with 24 maps right out of the box! 24 maps. Right from the get go. Yes, Premium is a scam.

    Yes, there have been expansions since the 1990s (I had them for many LucasArts, Sierra/Dynamix, and Origin games) but those were genuine expansions or merely Speech Packs in the case of Origin Systems’ games, which were separate to save people hard disk space for those that didn’t want it. The base games, alone, had more content that any of the more recent games including Premium.

    Somewhere along the way, the executives figured out you could take what, in the ‘90s, would’ve been a complete game and chop it up into chunks and get people to pay for the game again 2 or 3 times. This is in part HOW they became a multi-billion-dollar-a-year industry.

    Seriously, I don’t believe anyone who defends Premium and DLC was actually gaming in the ‘90s, because it was a LOT different.


    Back in the late 90's we could actually make or download custom maps ourselves. I remember that some first shooter games had hundreds of unofficial maps. Of different quality, of course.
  • OmniTactics24_24
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Masqerader wrote: »
    UnearthedCO said:
    I created a thread about this. DICE needs to announce the premium pass for $50 and get some content going.  BFV is a great game it just needs maps.




    You don't need premium to have maps, they can just release maps, its not like this company is broke, they made a ton tricking people into buying Anthem, plus all the money they make from their Ultimate team gambling simulator

    True
  • Netranger9
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ive said this before and ill keep saying it - Its not in EA's best interests to to apply a decent anticheat or more content to BFV at this time.Dice has nothing to do with this,they are employees of EA - they do what they are told.Because of the abysmal launch of BFV,I would be surprised if we get anything more for BFV.The shareholders are in command now,and they say NO.It sucks but get used to it because thats how its going to be from now on(the people making the decisions play golf,not BFV).
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 18
    G-Gnu said:
    Masqerader wrote: »
    UnearthedCO said:
    I created a thread about this. DICE needs to announce the premium pass for $50 and get some content going.  BFV is a great game it just needs maps.




    You don't need premium to have maps, they can just release maps, its not like this company is broke, they made a ton tricking people into buying Anthem, plus all the money they make from their Ultimate team gambling simulator



    This guy gets it.


    Premium and paid DLC was always a scam and I’m always surprised to see otherwise bright people defend it. Anyone who grew up gaming in the 1990s (before games became a multi-billion-dollar-a-year industry and game companies were run by people genuinely passionate about games <RIP Origin Systems, Interplay, Sierra/Dynamix, and a host of others>) knows that’s horse puckey.

    Yes, game development is very expensive. Everyone knows that. But, all that money from DLC and Premium went to line the pockets of executives, not to the developers. Is there any reason Patrick Söderlund needed to make $48 million a year or Andrew Wilson needs to make $35 million a year? Wouldn’t Patrick still have a comfortable life making, say, $25 million a year? And that’s only two of the many executives at EA that are multimillionaires (yes, I know Söderlund doesn’t work there anymore). If you cut all their salaries a smidge you’d easily have at least $100 million-a-year extra to be used for other things, such as hiring more people at DICE to fix bugs, do Q&A, and, of course, design maps.
    So ... a scam , though the map contents was vastly larger in every iteration with the premium in the same time period as this iteration.
    DLC has been for ages , but they where called expansions back in the days because they it came out on discs.
    Premium is of course a way to grab early money exactly as pre order is, but the difference is that with premium there was a road map from the beginning , not revealing everything but at least in what timeline you would expect a new release.
    I do not see the difference the way a CEO of EA is different to let say Apple or other big companies, mostly every on of them i money hungry and only looks to their own best interests.

    Grabbed this one from Battlefield reddit , about the time that BF1 got 4 new maps (in total at that time 5 maps)  BF5 will get one more ,a staggering amount 2 maps in total besides the vanilla ones.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/b1e5d2/battlefield_map_release_timelines/

    LMAO BF4 did NOT have that many maps. https://www.ign.com/wikis/battlefield-4/Multiplayer_Maps

  • Khronikos
    2146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Jesus christ this game is all but dead. You people need to move the F on.
  • TFBisquit
    1758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Games used to be released with a decent amount of maps, later some maps were added by a patch. Extra revenue was generated by rsp.
    This game feels like it has 4 maps. Feels like.
    So some played those games for a couple of months, some a couple of years, but premium or dlc never really had a big impact on the base game.
    Besides, paying full price for a game with just a few maps, then paying it again to have a decent amount of maps? This was and is the main gripe gamers have with premium. It would certainly minimize the already small player base.
    Nah, this game isn’t gonna cut it, and a follow up won’t either. If anything, the pre order numbers were a sign on the wall. That’s not gonna change in the current state. No sense for a business to invest in a next bf.
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 18
    i have no reason to play anymore,  it's just boring fighting on same locations. And the sad thing is, that i play only Battlefield games...maybe i'll just download Apex .
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 18
    Khronikos said:
    Jesus christ this game is all but dead. You people need to move the F on.
    Maybe you are just new, or you play lots of other games. And you definitely  have not played the hours in BFV like me or dedicated players , i bet those are the reasons that you think BFV is still fun.
Sign In or Register to comment.