For the love of God release some maps already there is no reason to not have atleast 20

Comments

• parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DJTN1 said:
    PoppaPappo wrote: »
    Masqerader wrote: »
    UnearthedCO said:
    I created a thread about this. DICE needs to announce the premium pass for $50 and get some content going.  BFV is a great game it just needs maps.

You don't need premium to have maps, they can just release maps, its not like this company is broke, they made a ton tricking people into buying Anthem, plus all the money they make from their Ultimate team gambling simulator

This guy gets it.

Premium and paid DLC was always a scam and I’m always surprised to see otherwise bright people defend it. Anyone who grew up gaming in the 1990s (before games became a multi-billion-dollar-a-year industry and game companies were run by people genuinely passionate about games <RIP Origin Systems, Interplay, Sierra/Dynamix, and a host of others>) knows that’s horse puckey.

Yes, game development is very expensive. Everyone knows that. But, all that money from DLC and Premium went to line the pockets of executives, not to the developers. Is there any reason Patrick Söderlund needed to make $48 million a year or Andrew Wilson needs to make $35 million a year? Wouldn’t Patrick still have a comfortable life making, say, $25 million a year? And that’s only two of the many executives at EA that are multimillionaires (yes, I know Söderlund doesn’t work there anymore). If you cut all their salaries a smidge you’d easily have at least $100 million-a-year extra to be used for other things, such as hiring more people at DICE to fix bugs, do Q&A, and, of course, design maps.

Finally, someone who lives in reality.

Great and honest comment!
    BF4--paid DLC and Premium, launched with ten maps, had thirty-three maps by the time they ended development.  BFV--no paid DLC or Premium, launched with eight maps, has one new map so far, plus the BR map which is only playable in that mode.

That's reality.  Don't believe me?  Go ahead, count the maps yourself.

You don't have to like paid DLC or Premium, but to pretend that BF games which had them didn't get way more additional content is clearly just not true.  At this point BF4 already had 22 maps (with eleven more to come)--does anyone seriously think EA is going to tell DICE to spend the money designing twenty or so new maps for BFV without the revenue that paid for such development in BF4 and other previous titles?  Fat chance.
  • Hawxxeye
    5178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why do you assume that they have  not already made like 20 euros from each person who bought some BFC
  • dayglowfroggy
    447 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is just a shame that they decided to do all this with ww2.

just wished they had waited one more game so ww2 could have had proper content and basically everything we have now should have been in at release.

At the moment it feels like they tried hard with bf1 then rushed out a beta for bf5 and wandered why people are upset.

People would rejoice of they gave us a lode of old maps from bf1 even if the graphics are not as good etc.

Or chop up firestorm map how hard would it be?
  • G-Gnu
    1383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu said:
    UnearthedCO said:
    I created a thread about this. DICE needs to announce the premium pass for $50 and get some content going.  BFV is a great game it just needs maps.

You don't need premium to have maps, they can just release maps, its not like this company is broke, they made a ton tricking people into buying Anthem, plus all the money they make from their Ultimate team gambling simulator

This guy gets it.

Premium and paid DLC was always a scam and I’m always surprised to see otherwise bright people defend it. Anyone who grew up gaming in the 1990s (before games became a multi-billion-dollar-a-year industry and game companies were run by people genuinely passionate about games <RIP Origin Systems, Interplay, Sierra/Dynamix, and a host of others>) knows that’s horse puckey.

Yes, game development is very expensive. Everyone knows that. But, all that money from DLC and Premium went to line the pockets of executives, not to the developers. Is there any reason Patrick Söderlund needed to make $48 million a year or Andrew Wilson needs to make $35 million a year? Wouldn’t Patrick still have a comfortable life making, say, $25 million a year? And that’s only two of the many executives at EA that are multimillionaires (yes, I know Söderlund doesn’t work there anymore). If you cut all their salaries a smidge you’d easily have at least $100 million-a-year extra to be used for other things, such as hiring more people at DICE to fix bugs, do Q&A, and, of course, design maps.
    So ... a scam , though the map contents was vastly larger in every iteration with the premium in the same time period as this iteration.
    DLC has been for ages , but they where called expansions back in the days because they it came out on discs.
    Premium is of course a way to grab early money exactly as pre order is, but the difference is that with premium there was a road map from the beginning , not revealing everything but at least in what timeline you would expect a new release.
    I do not see the difference the way a CEO of EA is different to let say Apple or other big companies, mostly every on of them i money hungry and only looks to their own best interests.

Grabbed this one from Battlefield reddit , about the time that BF1 got 4 new maps (in total at that time 5 maps)  BF5 will get one more ,a staggering amount 2 maps in total besides the vanilla ones.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/b1e5d2/battlefield_map_release_timelines/

LMAO BF4 did NOT have that many maps. https://www.ign.com/wikis/battlefield-4/Multiplayer_Maps

So this is not 33 maps then ???
  • G-Gnu
    1383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 21
    G-Gnu said:
    UnearthedCO said:

This guy gets it.

So ... a scam , though the map contents was vastly larger in every iteration with the premium in the same time period as this iteration.
    DLC has been for ages , but they where called expansions back in the days because they it came out on discs.
    Premium is of course a way to grab early money exactly as pre order is, but the difference is that with premium there was a road map from the beginning , not revealing everything but at least in what timeline you would expect a new release.
    I do not see the difference the way a CEO of EA is different to let say Apple or other big companies, mostly every on of them i money hungry and only looks to their own best interests.

Grabbed this one from Battlefield reddit , about the time that BF1 got 4 new maps (in total at that time 5 maps)  BF5 will get one more ,a staggering amount 2 maps in total besides the vanilla ones.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/b1e5d2/battlefield_map_release_timelines/

LMAO BF4 did NOT have that many maps. https://www.ign.com/wikis/battlefield-4/Multiplayer_Maps

NVM ... Forum dragon ate my post .

Post edited by G-Gnu on
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu said:
    G-Gnu said:
    UnearthedCO said:

This guy gets it.

So that is not 33 maps if you count then ? 
    Not all unique , but still 33 maps

Oh so we're counting not unique maps? Alrighty then. By that logic, BFV has around 30 now.
    First stage of Narvik, Rotterdam, and Twisted Steel on Grand operations. The breakthrough map on PanzerStorm that is used for Rush as well. Each map's Domination and squad conquest. Each map's TDM. Each map's Combined arms. Each map's Grind. Each map's Breakthrough, Conquest, and more. Each map's Rush.
    They're all different now right? We can count them can't we?
    If we're gonna start doing this, then we can do this. But know that not every default map is used in conquest mode in past games. BFV has every map in Conquest.
  • dcs500
    1387 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The New Greece map could be the last. Two server hubs closed because of falling player count, no improvements to the horror show netcode, lack of DiCE feedback, I wouldn’t be surprised if  BFV was quietly run down and forgotten.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Saw these maps and I thought why is the map quality in BFV so much worse than this.

• SirBobdk
    3924 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    dcs500 said:
    The New Greece map could be the last. Two server hubs closed because of falling player count, no improvements to the horror show netcode, lack of DiCE feedback, I wouldn’t be surprised if  BFV was quietly run down and forgotten.
    Well, I´m sure we are not going to get 33 maps like in BF4. I wouldnt be surprised if we get less than 20 in BFV and even that could be a high number. Cant see why ea/dice should invest more in this game. If it were dlc they could sell i could understand, but for free in a game loosing players every week it really wouldnt make any sense.
    Firestorm may have got more to buy BF, but more maps wont do the same for the core game imo.
  • ukjon
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    im sick of hearing some people say the player base is smaller than EA thought so this is why we have NO MAPS......NO that is a load of rubbish. 7 million people + bought this game . They at that point became CUSTOMERS of ea.  EA however decides to not release maps. To turn off servers in uk and others. To try to tell players what modes to play all the time in tides of war. And to try to break the world record for the most amount of game modes on the SAME DAMNED MAPS. Seriously to treat 7 million customers like this and to start to turn off servers as your dream of a live service where people constantly throw money at you is failing is going to come back on you as a business. Do you really think you can continue to keep loyal customers treating people like this?  I stopped buying fifa and madden as I got sick of my offline single player experience not improving as all you care about is online money making loot box stuff. And now I have always loved bf series but I think its dead now. They have destroyed it. I buy a game. I play game. I eventually get sick of game after like 12 months. I buy new game. THATS IT. I don't buy a game and keep spending on it and I never will. I hope this live service trash dies a death soon as its destroying games. 
  • Llordus
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    Cant see why ea/dice should invest more in this game.
    Short term goals - you are right.
    But long term?
    They are in serious trouble - income is not enough to provide proper support for 1-2 years more. But if they put the game EOS within 1st year since release, what happens to BF franchise? The next title - whatever BF6, BFBC3 or any other - will come no sooner than 2 yrs from now. And with results of BFV - its initial sale may be even worse.

So the question is if anyone in EA decide to invest more $ into project for long term strategy, or not.  I am affraid however, the answer is pretty clear here.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    G-Gnu said:

aRrAyStArTaT0 said:

G-Gnu said:

PoppaPappo said:

UnearthedCO said:

This guy gets it.

Premium and paid DLC was always a scam and I’m always surprised to see otherwise bright people defend it. Anyone who grew up gaming in the 1990s (before games became a multi-billion-dollar-a-year industry and game companies were run by people genuinely passionate about games ) knows that’s horse puckey.

https://imgur.com/HoMbtWhSo that is not 33 maps if you count then ? 

Oh so we're counting not unique maps? Alrighty then. By that logic, BFV has around 30 now.
    .First stage of Narvik, Rotterdam, and Twisted Steel on Grand operations. The breakthrough map on PanzerStorm that is used for Rush as well. Each map's Domination and squad conquest. Each map's TDM. Each map's Combined arms. Each map's Grind. Each map's Breakthrough, Conquest, and more. Each map's Rush.
    .They're all different now right? We can count them can't we?
    .If we're gonna start doing this, then we can do this. But know that not every default map is used in conquest mode in past games. BFV has every map in Conquest.

BF4 had 32 unique maps.
  • SirBobdk
    3924 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Saw these maps and I thought why is the map quality in BFV so much worse than this.

That has also been my main question. We have had so many amazing maps through the series and now we have maps that are so bad that its hard to believe.  It cant be the same devs.
  • G-Gnu
    aRrAyStArTaT0 said:
    G-Gnu said:
    G-Gnu said:
    UnearthedCO said:

This guy gets it.

First stage of Narvik, Rotterdam, and Twisted Steel on Grand operations. The breakthrough map on PanzerStorm that is used for Rush as well. Each map's Domination and squad conquest. Each map's TDM. Each map's Combined arms. Each map's Grind. Each map's Breakthrough, Conquest, and more. Each map's Rush.
    If we're gonna start doing this, then we can do this. But know that not every default map is used in conquest mode in past games. BFV has every map in Conquest.
    Are you for real ??? 
    The chart that you commented about, is for maps ,not at all which modes they use, are you seriously comparing that to those modes we have in BFV. Pls take 2 sec and look at the picture , there is ONE night map Zavod that is not unique per se. 
    What maps was not available in conquest then, as i remember it  i have played every one in conquest. 
    And not every map is available in BFV conquest, Hamada is not conquest if we are going to be that picky. 

• parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu said:
    G-Gnu said:
    UnearthedCO said:

This guy gets it.

BF4 had 32-3 unique maps (depending on whether you count the night map as unique), as a screen shot in this thread shows.  You don't have to count different modes on one map as separate maps, there were that many.  

1) Altai Range
    2) Caspian Border
    3) Dawnbreaker
    4) Dragon Pass
    5) Dragon Valley 2015
    6) Flood Zone
    7) Giants of Karelia
    8) Golmud Railway
    9) Guilin Peaks
    10) Gulf of Oman
    11) Hainan Resort
    12) Hammerhead
    13) Hangar 21
    14) Lancang Dam
    15) Lost Islands
    16) Lumphini Garden
    17) Nansha Strike
    18) Operation Firestorm
    19) Operation Locker
    20) Operation Metro
    21) Operation Mortar
    22) Operation Outbreak
    23) Operation Whiteout
    24) Paracel Storm
    25) Pearl Market
    26) Propaganda
    27) Rogue Transmission
    28) Siege of Sanghai
    29) Silk Road
    30) Sunken Dragon
    31) Wave Breaker
    32) Zavod 311
    33) Zavod Graveyard Shift (the only one that qualies as a different mode on one map, but it really did play differently)

• LOLGotYerTags
    12614 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

Er,  No they can't.

They can't just go and make maps,  It has to be backed by the senior management ,  And I'm pretty sure they have a roadmap and already pre-planned content that they are releasing to coincide with the roadmap of BFV.

• 03MAZ995
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Citing falling player count as a reason not to invest extra time in developing maps or other content is counter intuitive. Surely if a business is losing its customer base, they need to look at the core reasons.

BFV has a lot of issues. How to you keep your customers coming back? The easiest way with the biggest bang to keep the customers engaged is to release maps. Despite the bugs, the customers will stay engaged for the new maps.

Why would a business say "our market share and customer engagement is falling... stuff it" without trying to rectify it?
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Er,  No they can't.

They can't just go and make maps,  It has to be backed by the senior management ,  And I'm pretty sure they have a roadmap and already pre-planned content that they are releasing to coincide with the roadmap of BFV.

It's so difficult to explain how the system works to people.