For the love of God release some maps already there is no reason to not have atleast 20

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    12619 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I created a thread about this. DICE needs to announce the premium pass for $50 and get some content going.  BFV is a great game it just needs maps.

You don't need premium to have maps, they can just release maps, its not like this company is broke, they made a ton tricking people into buying Anthem, plus all the money they make from their Ultimate team gambling simulator
    Er,  No they can't.

They can't just go and make maps,  It has to be backed by the senior management ,  And I'm pretty sure they have a roadmap and already pre-planned content that they are releasing to coincide with the roadmap of BFV.

It's so difficult to explain how the system works to people.
    IKR?

I mean,  Game publishers pre-plan content for their games..

If a dev just went ahead and created content the publisher did not intend to publish ( or authorise ) ,  Or ignoring the current development cycle / roadmap etc etc..  I am pretty sure that dev would not be in employment for very long.
  • fragnstein
    427 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fragnstein said:

OmniTactics24_24 wrote: »
    Bring back premium immediately you cannot be trusted with anything else

So bringing premium back immediately will just make maps magically appear? Hmm

The reason they don't have 20 maps is because they don't have 20 maps

It costs money to make maps.  The sales with BFV are less than expected and you somehow think not paying for DLC will somehow make DICE want to create the same amount of maps as a $50 premium pass?  I don't see how that logic makes sense. 

I never said that. What i said is you act as if a stock pile of maps will just appear if they announced tomorrow that premium is back.

• aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I created a thread about this. DICE needs to announce the premium pass for $50 and get some content going.  BFV is a great game it just needs maps.

You don't need premium to have maps, they can just release maps, its not like this company is broke, they made a ton tricking people into buying Anthem, plus all the money they make from their Ultimate team gambling simulator
    Er,  No they can't.

They can't just go and make maps,  It has to be backed by the senior management ,  And I'm pretty sure they have a roadmap and already pre-planned content that they are releasing to coincide with the roadmap of BFV.

IKR?

If a dev just went ahead and created content the publisher did not intend to publish ( or authorise ) ,  Or ignoring the current development cycle / roadmap etc etc..  I am pretty sure that dev would not be in employment for very long.
    And to make it worse, it's not like they can just make new ones either. That takes time and resources that it seems the dev team doesn't have. Also, this community seems really against copy + paste of older things for no good reason, but they still want things to come fast and of high quality. Makes sense right?
    I don't get it. I know gamers tend to be very "up tight" or something to where they basically hold the game ransom until they get what they want, but this is a new level of petty. And then to attack developers and ignore literally every other part that isn't maps that get released is just plain arrogant. I don't get it.
    DICE: We have 2 maps coming out in the next 2 months as well as a HUGE map that's well over 3x the size of the biggest map we've ever made! Stay tuned.
    Community: Yay maps!
    DICE: In the meantime, you should enjoy these FREE weapons and FREE vehicles as well as NEW game modes!
    Community: AHHHH DICE YOU SHOULD HAVE SPENT THIS TIME MAKING NEW MAPS UGHEHPOSDAIHFKSHP!
    DICE: Well you see... we thought you would....
    Community: WHY DON'T THEY TALK TO US?!?!
    DICE: We do you just...
    Community: *Picks apart their statements, insults, and treats them like crap*
    DICE: ...
    Community: THEY WON'T TALK TO US
    DICE: *responds to someone with a genuine concern*
    Community: THEY DIDN'T RESPOND TO MY 3 POSTS I'VE MADE OVER THE PAST 5 HOURS,  I'M BOYCOTTING
    It's sad because it's what I see nearly daily here. I want the community to pride itself on being sophisticated and mature. I want to be a part of that community. I want to be able to have discussions about the game without seeing nothing but developer hate for no reason.
    I guess you could say.. I'm not mad. I'm disappointed..
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    PoppaPappo said:

Masqerader wrote: »
    UnearthedCO said:

This guy gets it.

Premium and paid DLC was always a scam and I’m always surprised to see otherwise bright people defend it. Anyone who grew up gaming in the 1990s (before games became a multi-billion-dollar-a-year industry and game companies were run by people genuinely passionate about games ) knows that’s horse puckey.

Yes, game development is very expensive. Everyone knows that. But, all that money from DLC and Premium went to line the pockets of executives, not to the developers. Is there any reason Patrick Söderlund needed to make $48 million a year or Andrew Wilson needs to make $35 million a year? Wouldn’t Patrick still have a comfortable life making, say, $25 million a year? And that’s only two of the many executives at EA that are multimillionaires (yes, I know Söderlund doesn’t work there anymore). If you cut all their salaries a smidge you’d easily have at least $100 million-a-year extra to be used for other things, such as hiring more people at DICE to fix bugs, do Q&A, and, of course, design maps.

So ... a scam , though the map contents was vastly larger in every iteration with the premium in the same time period as this iteration.
    DLC has been for ages , but they where called expansions back in the days because they it came out on discs.
    Premium is of course a way to grab early money exactly as pre order is, but the difference is that with premium there was a road map from the beginning , not revealing everything but at least in what timeline you would expect a new release.
    I do not see the difference the way a CEO of EA is different to let say Apple or other big companies, mostly every on of them i money hungry and only looks to their own best interests.

Grabbed this one from Battlefield reddit , about the time that BF1 got 4 new maps (in total at that time 5 maps)  BF5 will get one more ,a staggering amount 2 maps in total besides the vanilla ones.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/b1e5d2/battlefield_map_release_timelines/

The original Star Wars Battlefront 2, which came out in 2005, came with 24 maps right out of the box! 24 maps. Right from the get go. Yes, Premium is a scam.

Yes, there have been expansions since the 1990s (I had them for many LucasArts, Sierra/Dynamix, and Origin games) but those were genuine expansions or merely Speech Packs in the case of Origin Systems’ games, which were separate to save people hard disk space for those that didn’t want it. The base games, alone, had more content that any of the more recent games including Premium.

Somewhere along the way, the executives figured out you could take what, in the ‘90s, would’ve been a complete game and chop it up into chunks and get people to pay for the game again 2 or 3 times. This is in part HOW they became a multi-billion-dollar-a-year industry.

Seriously, I don’t believe anyone who defends Premium and DLC was actually gaming in the ‘90s, because it was a LOT different.
    I started computer gaming in the 80s, back when games came on one 5-1/4" floppy disc.  I played a series of games where expansion packs amounted to new games, with new maps and units and weapons etc., and those expansion packs cost money which made sense to me because I didn't expect those companies to do all that design work for free.  So I didn't flip out years later when BF games charged for DLC, it was what I was used to.

The cost of developing games has increased greatly.  AAA games take at least two years to develop (it can be three or four), and in the case of a company like DICE which if memory serves has 400 employees that represents many, many millions of dollars.  In the early 2000s a game like Halo 2 cost $40 million, add a decade to that and BF4 cost $100 million, Star Wars: The Old Republic $200 million.  An article in Forbes a couple of years ago (written by a game developer) pointed out that in the 1990s one artist could model and animate a character in a couple of weeks, but today it takes a team of a dozen people and can consume several months of collective labor-hours.  So is it any wonder that a game released in 2005 could have more maps than later games due to far lower costs in the older game? 

But in the end what it costs or how much they pay their execs or how much profit they make is irrelevant to me, all I care about is results.  BF3, BF4, BF1--all with paid DLC and Premium, all tripled in size over the course of their development.  BFV, with Live Service, so far has one new map with another only playable in the BR mode.  That is quite a contrast, isn't it.  People have every right to dislike paid DLC for whatever release, but it would be absurd to argue that BF games with paid DLC didn't become much bigger and better games.  I'd be quite happy if BFV had launched as a paid DLC game with Premium, because today we'd be playing on twenty or so maps, not nine.  We'd even know in some detail what future DLC would look like, because in the past such info was released as much as six months ahead--with BFV we have vague info at best, EA is actively avoiding talking about where this game is going.

You don't have to like the paid DLC business model, but if you claim that BF games with that model weren't far ahead of where BFV is now then you just sound foolish.
  • SirBobdk
    3925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

3x the size of the biggest map we've ever made! Stay tuned.

So 3 x the size of Bander Desert. Interesting.
  • kinaba2894
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

You guys, that believe BF is dead and no recieving more content ignore that Star Wars Battlefront 2 (same model free dlc´s) have been upgrade a lot from the release and now is a very decent game. I dont deny that is very umprobably we get the same ammount of maps of eary battlefields, but we can get a very decent amount. By the end of this year we are getting 3 confirmed maps plus the chapter 5 maps (that could be 2-4) maps for a total ammount of: 14 15 maps. that is by day 365 we have that battlefield 1 did without paying for DLC´s, with more game modes, and with battleroyale. 

I think we have enought reasons to being optimistic. 
  • SirBobdk
    3925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I think we have enought reasons to being optimistic. 
    You may be right, but it depends on the quality of the new maps. More of the same will not make the game better imo.
  • Yahia
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    As long as they keep up the "live service" scam, you won't be getting any meaningful content
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 22
    Yahia said:
    As long as they keep up the "live service" scam, you won't be getting any meaningful content
    How is it a scam? You're not paying for anything right? You just paid for the game itself. Not the DLC.
    My favorite is how you went through my history just to comment on things. Great.

• GRAW2ROBZ
    1262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Er,  No they can't.

IKR?

And to make it worse, it's not like they can just make new ones either. That takes time and resources that it seems the dev team doesn't have. Also, this community seems really against copy + paste of older things for no good reason, but they still want things to come fast and of high quality. Makes sense right?
    I don't get it. I know gamers tend to be very "up tight" or something to where they basically hold the game ransom until they get what they want, but this is a new level of petty. And then to attack developers and ignore literally every other part that isn't maps that get released is just plain arrogant. I don't get it.
    DICE: We have 2 maps coming out in the next 2 months as well as a HUGE map that's well over 3x the size of the biggest map we've ever made! Stay tuned.
    Community: Yay maps!
    DICE: In the meantime, you should enjoy these FREE weapons and FREE vehicles as well as NEW game modes!
    Community: AHHHH DICE YOU SHOULD HAVE SPENT THIS TIME MAKING NEW MAPS UGHEHPOSDAIHFKSHP!
    DICE: Well you see... we thought you would....
    Community: WHY DON'T THEY TALK TO US?!?!
    DICE: We do you just...
    Community: *Picks apart their statements, insults, and treats them like crap*
    DICE: ...
    Community: THEY WON'T TALK TO US
    DICE: *responds to someone with a genuine concern*
    Community: THEY DIDN'T RESPOND TO MY 3 POSTS I'VE MADE OVER THE PAST 5 HOURS,  I'M BOYCOTTING
    It's sad because it's what I see nearly daily here. I want the community to pride itself on being sophisticated and mature. I want to be a part of that community. I want to be able to have discussions about the game without seeing nothing but developer hate for no reason.
    I guess you could say.. I'm not mad. I'm disappointed..
    I thought the road map says 1 map in May and 2 in June?  Besides that 5vs5 and whatever them maps are as well.  Even though we didn't ask for the 5vs5 mode which will segregate the community even more.
  • Mistwalker_1994
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Rex_Holez wrote: »
    Remember the amount of maps there were in BF2 after Special Forces was released? 

They don't make em like BF2 anymore. 

That's cause EA didn't own Dice back then.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not sure why people hate the LIVE service.  BF2MC,BC1,BC2 had LIVE.  Them were excellent games.  Could include 1943 but that was more less a arcade game last gen.  I had BF2 as well for PC but vaguely remember it. I bought it late used off a friend that had a extra copy and I didn't have that good of a PC then either.

Also wasn't really a PC gamer anyway.  Doubt BF2 had premium either. Reason I hated premium is cause they hype it right away long before the game is even released then they got long gaps between DLC released like 2 months or so each.  By the time it all drops the game is blah and I already moved onto better games.  Also not including if we even like the DLC maps any way.  I said all this back for premium on BF3. Last time I paid full price for premium.

Battlefield now days is hard to milk out for full 2+ years.  Only game I did that was Bad Company 2 and some BF4.  But still BF4 was a in-between game between others like Hardline and GTA5 and ARK and few others.  If I knew Medal of honor Warfighter was gonna be so awesome I would of skipped BF3 premium entirely.  So in a nut shell had to buy premium and milk the game 2+ years when DICE makes a battlefield every 2 years any way.

Also all the premium is milked out every two months or so.  By the time you get last few map packs we already geared up for the next sequel.  Kinda glad BF5 doesn't have premium cause i'm ready for XBOX2 Anaconda and Bad Company 3 next Fall 2020.

Heck it seemed for BF3 after launch there was like a 3 month gap before they dropped first premium DLC?  Seemed that way to me cause I was bored first couple weeks with BF3.
  • Yahia
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Yahia said:

How is it a scam? You're not paying for anything right? You just paid for the game itself. Not the DLC.My favorite is how you went through my history just to comment on things. Great.

Yeah and they said that there will be content, where's that? They said that you can get everything through grind currency, even cosmetics, that was a lie. The way they marketed their co-op mode is nothing like what it actually is.

Also I have no idea what the **** you are on about, I don't know who you are and surely didn't go through your comment history. You just replied to me now. **** about your history. Not sure if you mistook me for someone else or if you are just delusional.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    Yahia said:
    Yahia said:

How is it a scam? You're not paying for anything right? You just paid for the game itself. Not the DLC.My favorite is how you went through my history just to comment on things. Great.

Yeah and they said that there will be content, where's that? They said that you can get everything through grind currency, even cosmetics, that was a lie. The way they marketed their co-op mode is nothing like what it actually is.

Also I have no idea what the **** you are on about, I don't know who you are and surely didn't go through your comment history. You just replied to me now. **** about your history. Not sure if you mistook me for someone else or if you are just delusional.
    Lol. Content comes out nearly every week. Just because it isn't content you expect doesn't mean it's not content. Is CC not a thing anymore? Last I checked (5 minutes ago) it was. Grindable currency is a thing, obviously. Cosmetics are grindable too. Heard of TOW goals? What about weapon mastery/proficiency skins?? How did they market their co-op? I must have missed something because it's something like what was described.
    If you're going to deny going through my comment history, atleast own up to the fact you responded to posts of mine multiple times just to insult or something. Calm down lol. Before moderation gets involved.
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3862 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Yahia said:
    Yahia said:

They have never stated that you could get every cosmetic through "grind currency" aka CC, that's an assumption people often make.  They have stated many times that not everything would be available via CC plus what would be the point of BOINS if everything was attainable via CC.

-CB
  • UnearthedCO
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    Not sure why people hate the LIVE service.  BF2MC,BC1,BC2 had LIVE.  Them were excellent games.  Could include 1943 but that was more less a arcade game last gen.  I had BF2 as well for PC but vaguely remember it. I bought it late used off a friend that had a extra copy and I didn't have that good of a PC then either.

Also wasn't really a PC gamer anyway.  Doubt BF2 had premium either. Reason I hated premium is cause they hype it right away long before the game is even released then they got long gaps between DLC released like 2 months or so each.  By the time it all drops the game is blah and I already moved onto better games.  Also not including if we even like the DLC maps any way.  I said all this back for premium on BF3. Last time I paid full price for premium.

Battlefield now days is hard to milk out for full 2+ years.  Only game I did that was Bad Company 2 and some BF4.  But still BF4 was a in-between game between others like Hardline and GTA5 and ARK and few others.  If I knew Medal of honor Warfighter was gonna be so awesome I would of skipped BF3 premium entirely.  So in a nut shell had to buy premium and milk the game 2+ years when DICE makes a battlefield every 2 years any way.

Also all the premium is milked out every two months or so.  By the time you get last few map packs we already geared up for the next sequel.  Kinda glad BF5 doesn't have premium cause i'm ready for XBOX2 Anaconda and Bad Company 3 next Fall 2020.

Heck it seemed for BF3 after launch there was like a 3 month gap before they dropped first premium DLC?  Seemed that way to me cause I was bored first couple weeks with BF3.
    Who wants to wait until Dec 2020 for a new BF game? We want more maps for BFV this year.  Nobody wants to wait that long.  
  • Mindflow
    10 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yahia said:

SMH um the insane freeware microtransactions that have no place in 60+ dollar game ever unless you get alot of maps
  • Mindflow
    10 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Literally everything they did so far is nothing more then late launch content wake up
  • spartanx169x
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I got news for you people still expecting a lot of maps. It’s not going to happen. You will be lucky to have 12 maps(conquest) by the time the next game comes out in 2020.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    Mindflow said:
    Yahia said:

SMH um the insane freeware microtransactions that have no place in 60+ dollar game ever unless you get alot of maps
    You do know what freeware is? right? You do know that the purchasable microtransactions are not required at all and are purely cosmetic. Give me a break.