For the love of God release some maps already there is no reason to not have atleast 20

1235»

Comments

• MidriffUrchin0
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited April 23
    I remember buying one of the bf2142 expansions and was hard pressed to find anyone playing those maps, felt a waste of money. They just don't stay populated for long, so no, premiuim doesn't work until the paid dlc eventually goes free at the end of the games life span, like bf1.
  • Mindflow
    10 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 23
    Mindflow said:

aRrAyStArTaT0 wrote: »
    Yahia said:

As long as they keep up the "live service" scam, you won't be getting any meaningful content

How is it a scam? You're not paying for anything right? You just paid for the game itself. Not the DLC.My favorite is how you went through my history just to comment on things. Great.

SMH um the insane freeware microtransactions that have no place in 60+ dollar game ever unless you get alot of maps

You do know what freeware is? right? You do know that the purchasable microtransactions are not required at all and are purely cosmetic. Give me a break.

Stop white Knighting for the coporate monstrosity it shouldn't be In there period
    They make more money off freeware nickel and diming and microtransactions then they do off expansion packs its the only reason they agreed to no expansion pack dlc because they saw a opportunity to make more money off less work anyone who even dares to say otherwise is niave and this is exactly why gaming is the state it's in poor quality low content your responsibile
  • JZAB15
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

The cost of developing games has increased greatly.  AAA games take at least two years to develop (it can be three or four), and in the case of a company like DICE which if memory serves has 400 employees that represents many, many millions of dollars.  In the early 2000s a game like Halo 2 cost $40 million, add a decade to that and BF4 cost $100 million, Star Wars: The Old Republic $200 million.  An article in Forbes a couple of years ago (written by a game developer) pointed out that in the 1990s one artist could model and animate a character in a couple of weeks, but today it takes a team of a dozen people and can consume several months of collective labor-hours.  So is it any wonder that a game released in 2005 could have more maps than later games due to far lower costs in the older game? 

Keep in mind though that the gaming industry grew as well. More people are buying them than they did 10-20 years ago. There is plenty of money/manpower to invest, but sadly these publishers wish to spend the bulk of it on hype marketing rather than the actual products themselves.
  • trip1ex
    4655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 23

You guys, that believe BF is dead and no recieving more content ignore that Star Wars Battlefront 2 (same model free dlc´s) have been upgrade a lot from the release and now is a very decent game. 
    assuming SWBF2 is so great now, it makes you wonder why EA doesn't just release every game 1 1/2 years later if they get so good by then.  You know break the cycle.   I mean if you think about it... after the first 1 1/2 years of no games you'd get the normal release schedule again but every game would be way more polished at release.  

Of course us customers can do that for ourselves.  Just wait 1 1/2 years after release when the game is $5 and finished and a supposed "good game" to play it.  I guess that's about now for SWBF2 so maybe I should buy that one lol.  ...thanks for the tip.  SWBF2 is $4.49 on Origin.  I'm going to buy it.
  • UnearthedCO
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I remember buying one of the bf2142 expansions and was hard pressed to find anyone playing those maps, felt a waste of money. They just don't stay populated for long, so no, premiuim doesn't work until the paid dlc eventually goes free at the end of the games life span, like bf1.
    And you would rather have 1 or 2 maps released every 6 months instead??? Okay I just don't see how this logic makes sense. 
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Heck Hardline DLC maps went free every other month on XBOX1 deals with gold.  Guess no one got the memo and clicked them at all.  All premium servers pretty much dead on Hardline.  Shame cause them maps are way better then the vanilla ones.
  • G-Gnu
    1385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 23
    I created a thread about this. DICE needs to announce the premium pass for $50 and get some content going.  BFV is a great game it just needs maps.

You don't need premium to have maps, they can just release maps, its not like this company is broke, they made a ton tricking people into buying Anthem, plus all the money they make from their Ultimate team gambling simulator
    Er,  No they can't.

They can't just go and make maps,  It has to be backed by the senior management ,  And I'm pretty sure they have a roadmap and already pre-planned content that they are releasing to coincide with the roadmap of BFV.

It's so difficult to explain how the system works to people.
    IKR?

I mean,  Game publishers pre-plan content for their games..

If a dev just went ahead and created content the publisher did not intend to publish ( or authorise ) ,  Or ignoring the current development cycle / roadmap etc etc..  I am pretty sure that dev would not be in employment for very long.
    And to make it worse, it's not like they can just make new ones either. That takes time and resources that it seems the dev team doesn't have. Also, this community seems really against copy + paste of older things for no good reason, but they still want things to come fast and of high quality. Makes sense right?
    I don't get it. I know gamers tend to be very "up tight" or something to where they basically hold the game ransom until they get what they want, but this is a new level of petty. And then to attack developers and ignore literally every other part that isn't maps that get released is just plain arrogant. I don't get it.
    DICE: We have 2 maps coming out in the next 2 months as well as a HUGE map that's well over 3x the size of the biggest map we've ever made! Stay tuned.
    Community: Yay maps!
    DICE: In the meantime, you should enjoy these FREE weapons and FREE vehicles as well as NEW game modes!
    Community: AHHHH DICE YOU SHOULD HAVE SPENT THIS TIME MAKING NEW MAPS UGHEHPOSDAIHFKSHP!
    DICE: Well you see... we thought you would....
    Community: WHY DON'T THEY TALK TO US?!?!
    DICE: We do you just...
    Community: *Picks apart their statements, insults, and treats them like crap*
    DICE: ...
    Community: THEY WON'T TALK TO US
    DICE: *responds to someone with a genuine concern*
    Community: THEY DIDN'T RESPOND TO MY 3 POSTS I'VE MADE OVER THE PAST 5 HOURS,  I'M BOYCOTTING
    It's sad because it's what I see nearly daily here. I want the community to pride itself on being sophisticated and mature. I want to be a part of that community. I want to be able to have discussions about the game without seeing nothing but developer hate for no reason.
    I guess you could say.. I'm not mad. I'm disappointed..

What freeware are you talking about ???   Ohh those things you might expect to have from the start in a fully priced AAA game. 
    Sure weapons and vehicles are fine and dandy, but a FPS game actually needs maps to get most ppl rolling. 
    Some ppl might think that guns and vehicle´s is enough though, doubt that their are many that think that though.
    It sounds to me that you think the community should be grateful for what we get as of yet ??? Sry but DICE and EA are companies that wants to make money, they are not doing this stuff for charity.  

• aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mindflow said:
    Mindflow said:

aRrAyStArTaT0 wrote: »
    Yahia said:

As long as they keep up the "live service" scam, you won't be getting any meaningful content

How is it a scam? You're not paying for anything right? You just paid for the game itself. Not the DLC.My favorite is how you went through my history just to comment on things. Great.

SMH um the insane freeware microtransactions that have no place in 60+ dollar game ever unless you get alot of maps

You do know what freeware is? right? You do know that the purchasable microtransactions are not required at all and are purely cosmetic. Give me a break.

Stop white Knighting for the coporate monstrosity it shouldn't be In there period
    They make more money off freeware nickel and diming and microtransactions then they do off expansion packs its the only reason they agreed to no expansion pack dlc because they saw a opportunity to make more money off less work anyone who even dares to say otherwise is niave and this is exactly why gaming is the state it's in poor quality low content your responsibile
    What are you talking about. "White knighting"? Give me a break. Just because I know what freeware is (something that's free but parasitic to your system) doesn't mean BFV is freeware. You're not paying a CENT past the original purchase price. You're not being nickel and dimed at all unless you actually buy into it. Nothing game changing is in pay-for packs.