UK servers [Megathread]

Comments

• idk1233211
    632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bare in mind its Easter, don't have fast expectations.  Allow Braddock512 to speak to the right person (even if that means going up the chain), so he can come back with some insight about what will be happening further down the road.  We all want feedback on it, and the decision has had an impact for US servers too.
    Thank you for understanding. 
    I am doing everything I can during my work day to get more information. I will post again tomorrow - regardless if I have an update, more info, etc. just to keep you all in the loop. 

-Braddock512-
    cool beans.

• aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    warslag said:
    Staff at EA and it's affiliates do post on social media and forums at weekends. So I'm not sure why you're insinuating that they don't?
    Although it does look like EA is going AWOL at the weekends. Weekends being the busiest time. Holiday weekends being even busier.

I'm pretty active well beyond the regular 9-5 of most "normal" jobs. In fact, you'll find me posting, replying to tweets/threads far into my night and sometimes on the weekend - when I could be spending time playing games, spending time with my wife, etc. But that is my choice, and should never be your expectation. 

Now, as to the matter at hand - I'm the North American Community manager. That means I'm on NA time. The Global CM is in Sweden (and yes, they're still on holiday for Easter until tomorrow), and the UK CM is also on holiday until tomorrow. Most of the studio is on holiday, but I did escalate this Friday night (when I wrote my reply to the post) and I pinged the Slack channel again today. The latest update I received - on Saturday afternoon - was that when the team returned (on Tuesday), they'd analyze the data from the weekend, share their feedback, and then move forward from there.  

The official message is probably awaiting approval from a director who, for whatever reason, they cannot get an answer out of. Which is not good enough. UK Battlefield players deserve more respect than that.
    No, I'm not waiting on a director to approve any message. I'm literally waiting on the Devs to give me feedback on the change so I can share it with you. 

As I stated in my original reply, when I have more info Monday/Tuesday, I'll make sure to post it here. 

-Braddock512-

@Braddock512 The only expectation in this matter that UK Battlefield players have is that the UK Battlefield servers will be there when they want to play BFV.

If EA decided to change the operating arrangements of the servers before the Bank Holiday weekend in Sweden and the UK, then EA should have had a plan to deal with that situation when the inevitable complaints came in. They could have released a statement at the time of making the changes to the servers, well in advance of the Bank Holiday weekend, to let those players who were affected by it know what was happening.

Instead, this thread, which was created on Wednesday 17th, was ignored by EA staff until well into the Bank Holiday Friday 19th when it was already too late to do anything about it when all concerned at EA had gone home. It's hard to believe there was nobody at EA to sort it out over the weekend making it look as though EA had gone AWOL.

I do think UK BFV players are owed an apology for the inconvenience caused by the server arrangements and for having to wait so long for information about the matter. But also for EA simply being AWOL.
    Aren't you just a bundle of roses??? Come on dude. Remember the human.
  • VOLBANKER
    1103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I for one appreciate your effort @Braddock512, thanks 
  • RayD_O1
    683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hopefully by this time tomorrow we may have a positive resolution to this issue which is obviously so important to all the UK player base.
  • Stevo_CT
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RayD_O1 said:
    Hopefully by this time tomorrow we may have a positive resolution to this issue which is obviously so important to all the UK player base.
    Wishful thinking. EA cost cutting, zero communication before a decision to flick the switches were made, treating customers like dirt. No excuse for this. The amount of days taken to get any feedback/updates is symptomatic of Dice/BF franchise unfortunately.
  • Silverbacky
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Feel for you guys and hope you get a favourable resolution. 

Aussie server support for Firestorm seems to have been dropped also. 
    Am now dealing with a 150+ ping from what was ~15 for me personally here down unda now although server support for the rest of the game has been retained locally thank goodness - really sucks for you to lose that imo.

All down to a diminishing player base I fear. EA/DICE would appear to be consolidating data centres and your geo position has left you up ship creek.

I'm now just waiting for the "told ya so" comment about 'our choice' to retain the TTK values at the turn of the year. 
  • shaunUK24
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Have we had any word from anyone official to say what they plans are?
  • RayD_O1
    683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just the @Braddock512 posts on this thread, he is hopefully going to update us later today.
  • NuttysKunKs
    380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Bare in mind its Easter, don't have fast expectations.  Allow Braddock512 to speak to the right person (even if that means going up the chain), so he can come back with some insight about what will be happening further down the road.  We all want feedback on it, and the decision has had an impact for US servers too.
    Thank you for understanding. 
    I am doing everything I can during my work day to get more information. I will post again tomorrow - regardless if I have an update, more info, etc. just to keep you all in the loop. 

-Braddock512-
    Thanks Braddock, I do appreciate your time! :)
  • NotRightNorris
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Turning UK servers off,leaving UK players with an unplayable game should result in a FULL REFUND on the game.
  • KPNuts74
    510 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Turning UK servers off,leaving UK players with an unplayable game should result in a FULL REFUND on the game.

German servers are fine to play on from UK (hell, I can even play fine on US East Coast from here).

The big concern though is what was the underlying motivation to do this? Is the player population (or lack of) a factor?

Secondly, why on earth has this happened with no prior warning/communication to the playerbase?

Hopefully Braddock will have some answers today.....
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    663 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    KPNuts74 wrote: »

German servers are fine to play on from UK (hell, I can even play fine on US East Coast from here).

The big concern though is what was the underlying motivation to do this? Is the player population (or lack of) a factor?

Secondly, why on earth has this happened with no prior warning/communication to the playerbase?

Hopefully Braddock will have some answers today.....

The German servers are fine and most of us in the UK will get pings under 40(27 for me) which should be good for online play. The problem for me is that the German servers seem to be the home of OOR quick matchers and the UK ones were free of that.
  • Old_Misery_Guts
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've been playing BF since the days of BF 1942 and have never had pings in the 30's to play the game. It's totally unacceptable to turn off UK servers, in addition to the fact that hardly any Brits speak German, which makes communication extremely difficult. A ridiculous and ill thought decision motivated by greed. If they don't turn the UK servers back on, I'm finished with BF for good, as if I'm not playing now, I'm certainly not going to buy any new iteration of the series.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    663 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Vorpal70 wrote: »
    I've been playing BF since the days of BF 1942 and have never had pings in the 30's to play the game. It's totally unacceptable to turn off UK servers, in addition to the fact that hardly any Brits speak German, which makes communication extremely difficult. A ridiculous and ill thought decision motivated by greed. If they don't turn the UK servers back on, I'm finished with BF for good, as if I'm not playing now, I'm certainly not going to buy any new iteration of the series.

You'd have been playing with loads of different nationalities on the UK servers, pretty much the same as on the German ones infact. Just a few less Africans and Middle Easterners.
  • Old_Misery_Guts
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 23

You'd have been playing with loads of different nationalities on the UK servers, pretty much the same as on the German ones infact. Just a few less Africans and Middle Easterners.

No Sherlock. You're missing the point I'm making.
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • Mis3ri4s
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Men, you should try to solve this as quickly as possible because there are many players that we do from southern Europe (Spain) and ping levels are not recommended.
  • ackers75
    2480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Xarmand3r wrote: »
    My ping has gone from 27 to 65. I'm in Spain and this is a shame. If it continues like this, I will not play anymore. GJ EA.

Yep this is not just about uk players but many other eu countries and even North Africa get better pings to uk servers
  • kwickfinger
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I very rarely if ever comment in forums but this situation with U.K. servers has
    left me totally disgusted.
    I’ve played pretty much every battlefield there is and gone premium etc in the past.
    Now I have to jump on German servers and struggle.
    What’s next I wonder? purchase some in game currency just so we can play on a server in our own country.?
    I’ve put up with the glitches and problems previously because I genuinely love the franchise but this is the final straw for me.
    Dropping U.K. servers right before Easter?
    Good luck the next time you want to sell units in the U.K.
This discussion has been closed.