Artillery Strike to OP needs to be NERFED!!!

SHiFTiNG_CORE
10 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I had it with this! I think I'm just gonna go back playing regular battlefield until this Artillery Strike gets a nerf. I died multiple times by it at full HP no matter what condition I'm in a 3 stack full armor / Sturm tiger / a fast car going through the range of the artillery. Why is the artillery strike is much more accurate locks on to someone when they're in the range and can deal a 1 shot kill while the V2 just much bad compared to the regular game with a larger explosion radius and blast wave.

Comments

• Jamesonoid
    401 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 17
    It doesn't lock on. The key to survival is to get out of the artillery zone, because if you're in it or go in it you are rightfully going to die.
  • SHiFTiNG_CORE
    well I don't mean lock on but something like it because the shells don't drop randomly nearby me but right under my foot
  • tempo_rarity
    899 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Here's an anti-Artillery tactic : 
    Stare skyward during Artillery strikes in tiny circles .
    Play the fun side-game called Pick Out Your Killer .
    The one and only time that I've tried this , I lived , so it's 100% effective . 
    ps : I didn't budge :lol:  
  • akk_fin
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 18
    It’s random, but if you must be in strike zone, try to be near outer ring / zone. Or run like hell to get out there completly. In my opinion arty strike (or V2 rocket) should not be allowed during final stages of fire circle. If the fire circle is as small as arty strike zone, what’s the point ?
  • SHiFTiNG_CORE
    Here's an anti-Artillery tactic : 
    Stare skyward during Artillery strikes in tiny circles .
    Play the fun side-game called Pick Out Your Killer .
    The one and only time that I've tried this , I lived , so it's 100% effective . 
    ps : I didn't budge :lol:  
    "one and only time"🤔

akk_fin said:
    It’s random, but if you must be in strike zone, try to be near outer ring / zone. Or run like hell to get out there completly. In my opinion arty strike (or V2 rocket) should not be allowed during final stages of fire circle. If the fire circle is as small as arty strike zone, what’s the point ?
    Well... the second u're in it you're ded and yeh the v2 just wipe out everyone in the last circle xD which is still acceptable compare to the artillery(I still can't believe that its random because it's way to accurate to be random :\).
  • Demostrakon
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've used the artillery a couple times on the last circle where I was in the only safe spot and had used a flare to make sure I was giving myself the best chance to hit the last guy or two.  Sadly I've lost more than I've won with this tactic somehow.  Once I got hit even though I was just outside the circle, and twice I've done no damage at all.  Literally had guys stand up from what would've been the middle and snipe me dead with a damn Kar.  As for the rockets, well that's an interesting game - who can wait the longest to run out of the circle and into the firestorm and start spamming meds.
  • KorpusDraige
    2280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Funny thing is, you'd think Call of Duty would of been the one to have kill/score streak-like things in Blackout, not Battlefield with Firestorm lol. I just find the V1 Rocket and Artillery Strikes not needed in a 1 life mode.
  • SHiFTiNG_CORE
    edited April 19
    I've used the artillery a couple times on the last circle where I was in the only safe spot and had used a flare to make sure I was giving myself the best chance to hit the last guy or two.  Sadly I've lost more than I've won with this tactic somehow.  Once I got hit even though I was just outside the circle, and twice I've done no damage at all.  Literally had guys stand up from what would've been the middle and snipe me dead with a damn Kar.  As for the rockets, well that's an interesting game - who can wait the longest to run out of the circle and into the firestorm and start spamming meds.
    Could've been a hacker. I'm not sure how to suspect one but yesterday I was shot down with a Panzerschreck while flying helicopter on a high altitude :(
    Funny thing is, you'd think Call of Duty would of been the one to have kill/score streak-like things in Blackout, not Battlefield with Firestorm lol. I just find the V1 Rocket and Artillery Strikes not needed in a 1 life mode.
    Things could've be more nice a slow without them :D 
  • LOLGotYerTags
    11676 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    It doesn't need nerfed...

There are a few giveaways that one is incoming.

1.  A red circle appears on your minimap showing the radius of the artillery strike.
    2. A red flare will be on the ground.

Using this knowledge,  You can just..  Y'know,  Move outside of the red circle and wait for it to end,  Or use the loud noise of the Artillery strike to flank around the edges for your would-be killer.

• MrLahey84
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

1.  A red circle appears on your minimap showing the radius of the artillery strike.

Using this knowledge,  You can just..  Y'know,  Move outside of the red circle and wait for it to end,  Or use the loud noise of the Artillery strike to flank around the edges for your would-be killer.

^This.
    There’s lots of tells it’s coming if your in the area when it drops B-line it out of there immediately.
    But honestly, you can hear people shoot it as well it really isn’t OP at all.
  • SHiFTiNG_CORE

Yeah, it would be an ideal situation to do that if the artillery is more random then more randomly accurate :\ 

MrLahey84 said:

^This.
    There’s lots of tells it’s coming if your in the area when it drops B-line it out of there immediately.
    But honestly, you can hear people shoot it as well it really isn’t OP at all.
    Maybe you should try getting a hit or two from the artillery strike.
  • NLBartmaN
    2656 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It would be better if it would take 2 or 3 hits to down you from full health and if it could not be used in the last 2 or 3 circles, since you won´t be able to move then.
  • tempo_rarity
    899 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hehe the Stare Skyward method works again .
    A shell flipped a boat over and on top of me , I guess protecting me from anything else :tongue:
  • SHiFTiNG_CORE
    NLBartmaN said:
    It would be better if it would take 2 or 3 hits to down you from full health and if it could not be used in the last 2 or 3 circles, since you won´t be able to move then.
    Yes I agree with you on this!

hehe the Stare Skyward method works again .
    A shell flipped a boat over and on top of me , I guess protecting me from anything else :tongue:
    Is such thing even possible? ( O . O)
  • tempo_rarity
    ^ nah I'm being silly - giddy maybe , that Artillery is 0 fer 2 on me so far .
    I'm sure if another shell hit the rowboat that I was suddenly under it would've killed me anyway . 
    . . but I sure FELT safe and snug there for the rest of the onslaught :smile:
    You CAN stare skyward and just barely see the Artillery shells coming in , and more importantly where they're coming from .
    They come down really fast though so stepping aside of them seems like experimentus futurus to see if it's even possible .
    Of course to move fast enough like that I'd need to be standing or crouched and that kind of changes the parameters , and the dangers , of the experiment  :lol:
    I can't shake the feeling that it's doable though - like a batter reacts to the pitchers ball well before it arrives to be swung at , the 'arch' of the shells way up there may be its 'tell' .
    . . . 
    OT
    Since it's an inevitability that both Strikes will be available to Players to be used in the final or semi-final circle(s) battles , maybe their short range limits could be expanded outward a little .
    Make it so that if a Player wants to damage anyone in the final circles they must damage themselves as well , by stepping a ways into the flames to attain their minimum ranges .
    This way , everyone's hurt and using up all their final health resources , and the last gunfight(s) ends up pretty fair and even .

The way the Strikes are used now , my 0-fer-2 happy thought surely won't last for long .  
  • Wboson
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don´t know about the last circle- but my guess would be both the caller and enemy would be hit as the circle is not big.
    But in mid game- artillery is random, but I don´t think it hits the same spot more than once, so I´ve been able to run around in it, revive 2-3 squadmates and come out of it barely scratched. If you "get into the rhytm" you can dance in it without a hit. But it does it´s job- when under heavy fire and pinned down, then it finishes you off swiftly.

It´s a good way to counter vehicles. Like with the Sturmtiger sitting around and thinking it´s safe, call in a V1 and boom it´s gone.

Also the Airtrikes are based on loot. So better be vigilant to the Resupply Zones to capture and get 1 for yourself and not leave it for the enemy. That´s the whole point of the BR gamemode, looting for better equipmeant, isn´t it?
  • KorpusDraige
    2280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lol... End circle, threw an artillery and a v1 rocket out for the win. No way around it. :p
  • CaptHotah
    997 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 22
    I just been killed by one so yeah i want it nerfed aswel.

end of sarcasm
  • The_BERG_366
    2072 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    akk_fin wrote: »

Well then the user might kill himself if he places it like that. also the arty strike is an area denial gadget, if you want to avoid dying by it you can manage to do so 100% of the time, if you have some situational awareness at least..
    I think it's amazing that it's there for the end... you can actually make people move or expose themselves instead of them hiding in a Bush for you to run past them and then shoot you in the back with a bipoded lvl 3 mg42. nothing worse than losing a game to a lvl 3 armored bipod noob who's first kill is you while you die due to no armor caused by previous fights: oh yeah bro nice game hiding in a bush for twenty minutes to then put one burst on the last enemy alive and feel good about your victory... Great...
  • Kongo030
    564 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sometimes it's not possible to run. I think I die 2 out of 3 times when staying in the circle.