Raytracing Usable?

re-2
26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
 I'm trying to get the best lighting in this game. RTX on the lighting seems more balanced, still problems of stuttering sometimes and frames dipping. I have an i7 8700k oc to 4.5ghz,   everything is on Ultra or High.

Comments

• re-2
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
     Forgot to mention, I have to keep adjusting the brightness before without RTX on, maps are either too bright or soldiers get lost in the shadows.
  • BassMan_PC
    182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 17
    The lighting shouldn't change as the game only uses ray tracing for reflections.  I do not recommend using DXR as the performance hit, added input lag and frame pacing issues associated with it is not worth it.
  • g0merpile
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    re-2 said:
     I'm trying to get the best lighting in this game. RTX on the lighting seems more balanced, still problems of stuttering sometimes and frames dipping. I have an i7 8700k oc to 4.5ghz,   everything is on Ultra or High.

main reason I will not buy 2080. I will wait for the 3000 version
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12816 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    RTX ( raytracing ) is still in it's infancy so I would personally hold off on using RTX whilst playing multiplayer,  Specifically for the reasons mentioned above by BassMan_PC.

If you need to play around with lighting,   Geforce Experience's "Nvidia Freestyle" is fully supported in BFV.

You can bring up Nvidia Freestyle by hitting ALT+F3 and applying filters such as brightness/contrast,  Details ( sharpening / Clarity / HDR ),  And other variables such as color ( changing image temperature / increase/decrease saturation ) and much more.

Just play around with the settings in campaign mode and use whatever the best results are for you in multiplayer.
  • re-2
     Thanks I'll try the Freestyle, not used to Nvidia's settings. Been a AMD user for a while.
  • bee144
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The loss of FPS with running RTX is just not worth it. You're better off from a competition stand point to keep DXR off and enjoy the higher FPS.