Can't buy uniform other than with real money?

MOSSAD-RECRUITER
344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited April 2019
So, I just discovered that one new uniform can't be bought with company coins. Unless my company coins can be converted into "real money" (???).

It that is the case, then EAs greed turned really ugly. Not only did I pay for the deluxe version for the early version, but then did they change it to not so early after all, and I had to pay additional money for origin access. And now, SIX month later, I have to pay more, like 10% of the deluxe price for one uniform? Correct me if I'm wrong, but this looks like SCAM!

Comments

• DigitalHype
    793 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    All the good new uniforms can't be bought with CC. There are Epic tier uniforms and skins that can be acquired via assignments and game progression. But, those are not the ones you see in the armory. The current plan is for those to be Battlefield Coins only.
  • gailjon
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Totally agree with the scam sentiment. What has it come to when you have to pay real money to buy a virtual uniform for a little man in a computer game. Unbelievable. I will never, and I mean NEVER, pay real money to buy anything like this. 
  • bigdaddygonutz
    223 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The biggest joke is = You cannot see the uniform yourself in game as BF 5 is a first-person shooter.........omg!

I really hope that this decision hits them in the back of the head like a boomerang - because its really low move
  • fragnstein
    618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    gailjon wrote: »
    Totally agree with the scam sentiment. What has it come to when you have to pay real money to buy a virtual uniform for a little man in a computer game. Unbelievable. I will never, and I mean NEVER, pay real money to buy anything like this. 

People have been buying items for games for more then 10 years now. Everquest comes to mind. Makes sense for the producers to make some coin off of people's willingness to spend money. Don't like it? Dont buy it, no need to get so emotional about
  • CSO7777
    1542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    In ealier games people bought maps and weapons, these are now free for all. Giving people cosmetics for money is just another way of making money for the game.

In older titles the DLC-maps was often hard to find after some time anyway, so whether this new model is any worse, I really don't know. Perhaps fewer maps being played by all players, is still better than more maps of which many is almost not being played at all...

Of course the problem is the amount of free content (only one map so far), it haven't been great so far.

As an old-school gamer I don't really get the cosmetic thing myself, but the newer generations apparantly do, and if people want to spend money on this, let them - it's their money.

Feeling entitled to be able to buy all 'game-content' without spending money is just a waste of life, it has never been like this anyway. Now we only have to spend money on 'useless cosmetics' and not maps/weapons, which are more important for most players.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1822 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I mean, at least the game isnt p2w right??
  • jog0ff
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I mean, at least the game isnt p2w right??

not yet but watch this space, next will be overpowered guns / vehicles / planes
  • ECH0_MIRAGE
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No matter how hard you play, or how long, some content will be paywalled and NOT covered by a premium/deluxe account version.

This is badly thought out.  This is absurd.  This is unacceptable. 

This move has violated yet another basic BF-franchise tenet and tradition.  This is a pair of middle fingers to those of us that continued to hold out hope for the franchise after HL and BF1 took some really wrong turns.

There's silence on this front from devs, and we're going down a road to a bad, bad place now. 
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sometimes I wonder if people are really so naive/stupid or they actually believe that we live in a utopia with unicorns eating skittles and crapping rainbows and companies are working for free.

This has been common knowledge that Dice will be selling cosmetics for real cash since the reveal almost a year ago.  This followed a huge debate since BF1 when people were crying for 2 things - Free post launch content AND soldier uniform customization. We got both of those things, yet you're still unhappy for whatever reason.

Most cosmetic items (And arguably the best ones) are earned either by completing ToW weekly challenges and ToW rank, or by doing class master assignments that you get by leveling each class to level 20.  Out of all "Premium" cosmetics that we've got so far, only "Die Sturm Jager" set looks good and "Jager" skin for StG44 is worth money. Everything else looks trash compared to what we already have.
  • BulletOverdose
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    they just want your real money :)

• ThePro_PR
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I like some of the elite uniforms and I really wish they would add the option to buy them with Company Coins, even if they are x2 x3 the price of normal uniforms. I don’t mind the grind at all. There will always be people willing to buy them for real money because they dont have the time or patience for it. For those like me that pretty much all they do is play BF (don’t care for other MP games) and keep the servers populated on a daily basis we should have the option to use all these extras Company Coins.
  • fragnstein
    618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So, I just discovered that one new uniform can't be bought with company coins. Unless my company coins can be converted into "real money" (???).

It that is the case, then EAs greed turned really ugly. Not only did I pay for the deluxe version for the early version, but then did they change it to not so early after all, and I had to pay additional money for origin access. And now, SIX month later, I have to pay more, like 10% of the deluxe price for one uniform? Correct me if I'm wrong, but this looks like SCAM!

So you bought the deluxe version, which included exclusive skins, but are complaining that they are selling skins for cash. Some people just need something to complain about
  • Jezzzeh
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    While sympathetic to those complaining here, I don't see any issue with this from EA. I wont be buying any myself with real money but if there are others that want to then fair play go get them.

They'll all eventually end up as assignment prizes at some point.
  • Nayxhugger
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What do deluxe edition players get?
  • choppernNZ
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lol why on earth would anyone spend real money on this, who has time to check out others uniforms anyway and who cares? Just don't get it..
  • EdwinSpangler
    1822 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

The shaft...
  • ThePro_PR
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Nayxhugger said:

The shaft...

Yeah the Deluxe Edition extra skins were a joke. I never used them. Very lame.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    1031 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    choppernNZ wrote: »
    Lol why on earth would anyone spend real money on this, who has time to check out others uniforms anyway and who cares? Just don't get it..

To stand out from the crowd. Why does anyone buy something that is restricted and customised?
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't mind them selling coin via real money but at least make them also earnable like compain coins. Locking the "good stuff" behind a pay wall is low, especially for a company like DICE. They have gone full hollow with this game.
  • SirBobdk
    4685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I dont see any skins worth buying, not even with cc.