Nerf AP-Mines

BenBit13
77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
The AP-Mines are ridiculously strong in this game. Yesterday I played for the first time in a couple months and I got killed by AP-Mines about 15 times in just 4 matches. They should reduce the amount of mines you can carry to one and make them way more visible. The damage reduction they did a while ago had literally zero effect since most people just place two of them right next to each other and still score a one hit kill. Also, there should be a small zone around ammo and health stations where you can't plant mines, it's incredibly annoying to get killed by those.

Comments

• Noromiz
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Weren't they nerfed back to 60 damage or something?
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1646 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 18
    BenBit13 said:
    The AP-Mines are ridiculously strong in this game. Yesterday I played for the first time in a couple months and I got killed by AP-Mines about 15 times in just 4 matches. They should reduce the amount of mines you can carry to one and make them way more visible. The damage reduction they did a while ago had literally zero effect since most people just place two of them right next to each other and still score a one hit kill. Also, there should be a small zone around ammo and health stations where you can't plant mines, it's incredibly annoying to get killed by those.
    Not wanting to sound like a **** but killed 15 times in 4 matches? Sorry but I think you need to check where you're running a little bit more. AP mines around medical and ammo stations are commonplace so you shouldn't be getting caught out by these.  I can quite easily spot mines and the only times I get caught out is if I'm preoccupied or engaging in combat or running away - yeah normally running away!

They were nerfed already a few weeks back.
  • ElliotLH
    8697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Always check the resupply stations...
  • DingoKillr
    3748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is what I hate about this game, that to much effort is put into 1 play style.
    Which has lead to 1 class over every other and that being Assault. 

MMG needs to be bipod so as a defender should that not have effective defense explosive?
    Medics only have smoke great for offensive but what do they have for defense?
    Recon has no defense?

Oh wait they do have the atrocious personal mines that needs 2 to kill, only carry 2 but you can only place 3 such great thinking.  
    This is while Assault gets 3 dynamite which only needs 1 to kill so much for making a sandbox for all.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5772 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Are you still at this people? Can't you whiners just move on already?
  • BenBit13
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    They are called Anti Personnel mines, not Slightly Tickling mines
    Their purpose is to injure or kill, not be a useless gadget choice so people who rush without looking wont die.

"AT mines are called Anti Tank mines so they should be one hit killing tanks". I'm not saying they should be nerfed to hell, I just don't want them to one hit kill people out of nowhere. 

Trokey66 said:
    If you need two AP Mines to kill, they can't be OHK.

Think about it.....
    People place 2 mines next to each other, both blow up = one hit kill.
    DingoKillr said:
    This is what I hate about this game, that to much effort is put into 1 play style.

MMG needs to be bipod so as a defender should that not have effective defense explosive?
    Recon has no defense?

Oh wait they do have the atrocious personal mines that needs 2 to kill, only carry 2 but you can only place 3 such great thinking.  
    This is while Assault gets 3 dynamite which only needs 1 to kill so much for making a sandbox for all.
    The playstyle using mines is what exactly? Laying around till some poor soul runs into a mine? The only way mines offer defense is for people who camp out in some corner.  No one uses them that way. Class unbalance is a different issue.
    VOLBANKER said:
    BenBit13 said:
    Yesterday I played for the first time in a couple months and I got killed by AP-Mines about 15 times in just 4 matches.
    Let’s try and reconstruct your experience:

Runs around like a headless chicken...BOOM!

Runs again....BOOM!

Runs still...BOOM!

Runs another 12 times...BOOOOOOM!

And you end up concluding AP mines is the problem? :smiley:
    I'm not running around like a headless chicken, the mines are just pretty much invisible on certain maps like devastation. They sink into the ground or blend in with the surrounding debris. Also, the mines are just really small. Compare their size with the ones from previous games, they used to be at least twice as large. Don't tell me you could see this one for example, especially in a live game: https://i.imgur.com/eWLk91Q.jpg

• mrtwotimes
    806 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BenBit13 said:
     I'm not saying they should be nerfed to hell, I just don't want them to one hit kill people out of nowhere. 
    I don't want a tank to one hit kill me out of no where.  Still doesn't make sense.
    the weapon is doing its job, pretty well on you it seems.

• Player_rs688is9
    54 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They are annoying as hell, specially because They run to the ammostation so They can plant two of them. But then again when im killed by i ap-mine i just feel sorry for the person who plays like that, that he/she must have a some kind of syndrome or something.
  • DingoKillr
    3748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BenBit13 said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    They are called Anti Personnel mines, not Slightly Tickling mines
    Their purpose is to injure or kill, not be a useless gadget choice so people who rush without looking wont die.

"AT mines are called Anti Tank mines so they should be one hit killing tanks". I'm not saying they should be nerfed to hell, I just don't want them to one hit kill people out of nowhere. 

Trokey66 said:

Think about it.....
    DingoKillr said:

Recon has no defense?

The playstyle using mines is what exactly? Laying around till some poor soul runs into a mine? The only way mines offer defense is for people who camp out in some corner.  No one uses them that way. Class unbalance is a different issue.
    VOLBANKER said:
    BenBit13 said:
    Yesterday I played for the first time in a couple months and I got killed by AP-Mines about 15 times in just 4 matches.

Runs again....BOOM!

Runs still...BOOM!

I'm not running around like a headless chicken, the mines are just pretty much invisible on certain maps like devastation. They sink into the ground or blend in with the surrounding debris. Also, the mines are just really small. Compare their size with the ones from previous games, they used to be at least twice as large. Don't tell me you could see this one for example, especially in a live game: https://i.imgur.com/eWLk91Q.jpg

Guess I must be unique, as you have some real limited thinking that people only plant and then hide.

As I plant AP on common path to objectives then go another path to defend the objective or do the class's role like Recon on defense on Airbrone/breakthrough shooting flares. 

• 03MAZ995
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So many tears... they are a tactical gadget.

I use them with medic and support (I can't hit anything with a sniper rifle so I don't try). Knowledge of maps is essential. Likely flanking routes, areas where the enemy will congregate are the best places to use them.

When I get killed by them, I'm being careless and predictable.

They are a force multiplier as they are a great passive defence measure. They can slow an advance, deny a route or funnel the enemy into an ambush.
  • TFBisquit
    1767 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They should disappear when you loose a life. End of story.
  • Trokey66
    8604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BenBit13 wrote: »
    Hawxxeye said:
    They are called Anti Personnel mines, not Slightly Tickling minesTheir purpose is to injure or kill, not be a useless gadget choice so people who rush without looking wont die.

Trokey66 said:

Think about it.....

DingoKillr said:

Recon has no defense?

VOLBANKER said:

BenBit13 said:

Runs again....BOOM!

Runs still...BOOM!

Two mines going off at the same time do not constitute a ONE Hit Kill, the clue is in the numbers......
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BenBit13 said:
    Back when the night map was introduced in BF4 the devs put a blinking red light on top of anti-tank mines.  I'll repeat that, they put a blinking red light on AT mines.  I assumed that meant I'd never get another kill with AT mines, but I was wrong, geniuses continued to drive over mines that had a flashing red light on them, die, and complain about noob scrub skill-less mine users.

I've died to an AP mine once in the past couple of weeks--once.  That's because I got sloppy and run up to an ammo point without pausing to check for mines, a mistake I have not repeated since.  If you managed to get killed by AP mines 15 times in four rounds, then it's you, trust me, you're doing it wrong.  Take you finger off the sprint key, and use your eyes, look where you already know people like to plant those mines rather than rushing in blindly.

I get killed by it a lot so they should nerf it--just think where that would lead if everyone said it and DICE listened, this game would be played with virtual water pistols.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    03MAZ995 said:
    They are a force multiplier as they are a great passive defence measure. They can slow an advance, deny a route or funnel the enemy into an ambush.
    They're also a great burglar alarm, like on the back door to a building while you cover the front, or at the bottom of a staircase.  Even if they don't get a kill you know somebody is on the way and can be ready.
  • Masqerader
    639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wish explosives did more damage,
  • Hawxxeye
    6396 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 19

Recon has no defense?

Everything that is not assault and tries to play with its own ideal playstyle is apparently a heretic that needs to always be nerfed/be inferior to assault.