Anyway to fix this terrible performance?

therockfamily11
postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Battlefield V runs so randomly on my pc and I dont know why, I run both BF4 and BF1 on ultra settings and they run silky smooth but when I get on BFV it runs like garbage most of the time. I dont know whether its something I'm doing or if this is just a general thing going on.

Comments

• HydroExcursion
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    idk why

i upgraded to 9700K  + RTX 2080 & i get 100 - 130 fps max on battlefield 5 ON 2K

not worth the money i spend on this upgrade...
  • duendemago
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thank God! I thought I was the only one! I upgraded to a humble Asus RTX2060 6gb. Well, I thought it was going to be enough with 16gb of Ram and a i58400 that can turbo boost into 4.1GHZ when needed, but with BFV seems is not enough!
    I can run games like Apex at 144fps with a ver super smooth experience, BF4 and BF1 run like butter in high settings (although I always play medium high and some lows for competitive reasons). PUBG runs more than 120fps here and there, sometimes it lowers to 90fps (when other players are around or when landing on the ground). Pubg has ocassionaly frame drops known by every player of that franchize. But what is going on with BFV?

I have friends with 1060s and 2060s and have the same experience: low GPU usage and a sloppy experience. What I did to improve a little was to UNPARK my cores: windows park a couple of cores, don't know why, so it is a good idea to unpark them! Also I read about ISLC: Intelligent Standby List Cleaner which makes some optimization on Ram usage in real time. Well the experience smoothed alot!. I play with DX12 because it runs so much better, ambient occlusion turned off, etc. The thing is that without that unpark feature, and even with that feature, if you rise the settings to high or lower them to medium-low I don't see much difference in performance and the sloppy experience is still there.

but wait! if you use Vsync it can runs in ultra 60fps almost steady for most of the time, but it stills is far away from a smooth experience....somethingf is pretty weird here!
  • TFBisquit
    1767 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Having 6 cores or threads really helps in this game.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    979 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 23
    Without knowing your PC specs and exactly what the problem is I can’t help you.

You may wish to try these I posted in this thread

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/185886/its-broken-beyond-repair-and-wont-get-better-and-you-prove-it-to-me-everytime#latest
  • Yobanes93
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have the same Issue, 
    My specs are 

Nvidia MSI VENTUS RTX 2060 6GB
    16 GB RAM 2100 HZ
    Win 10 professional

I have installed the game twice in different hard drives.
    I remember back when I tested the beta with my old Zotac GTX 1060 3GB same amount of RAM as well, the game ran relatively well on medium and high graphs.
    Since the last two updates, the game has become really unstable. Sometimes I play at 19 fps and the max of 45 fps. 
    It happens on both gameplay styles, single and multiplayer modes.
  • Yobanes93
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ah i almost forgot, the process is an Intel i3 7100
  • CosmicDance2020
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A few things to try that might help -

Change the setting in game to DX 11 and enable Future Frame Rendering also in game.

Download and run the free program Empty Standby List Cleaner - I found this stopped most CPU spikes which caused huge deviations in frame rates on my set.

Activate the GPU/CPU graph in game to see how these are performing and potentially spiking.

It's perfoverlay.drawgraph 1 in the console.

It is frustrating when you have high end hardware and poor performance but fortunately there are some tweaks that can potentially help.
    These are tweaks I have tried from other people's experiences and my own.

My set up is a Ryzen 2700X, RTX 2070, 16 GB RAM and it runs smooth at 4K with High settings and Medium for Lighting, Effects and Post Processing Quality

Andy
  • CSO7777
    1386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yobanes93 said:
    ah i almost forgot, the process is an Intel i3 7100
    Sorry to say but your CPU is below minimum spec. Your CPU is dual-core with HT and BFV doesn't run well with fewer than 6 cores, even quad-core I5's struggles (min frames are very low compared to 6 cores or higher).
  • PvtJohnTowle
    979 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 11
    https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-6600K-vs-Intel-Core-i3-7100/3503vs3891

As other have said correctly your CPU is too slow and below min spec - min CPU spec is I5 6600k as per BFV System Requirements. Refer link below. Nothing wrong with the game in your case-it’s your hardware.

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/buy/pc-system-requirements
  • duendemago
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    idk why

i upgraded to 9700K  + RTX 2080 & i get 100 - 130 fps max on battlefield 5 ON 2K

not worth the money i spend on this upgrade...

please don't blame you amazing rig!! Of course it worth the money. The ones to blame are the developers who are not telling the whole true about the state of this game. Content here, content there, here take more content...but wait dear Dice! Where is my finished and smooth experience of a beautiful BFV game hum? No? nothing? Please finish your game first Dice! please do it!