Weekly Debrief

Firestorm broke a lot of stuff, can we get it fixed now?

StealthAria
336 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Back when Firestorm first rolled out there were a bunch of changes that broke stuff in normal multiplayer, some of which may not have been entirely intentional, but isn't about time it got fixed?

First off, the netcode.  The netcode worked perfectly fine in the patch before you rolled out Firestorm, then afterwards all the problems we thought had been fixed were back in full force.  I actually find this a bit odd though, playing Firestorm the netcode seemed fine but it was a mess when I went back to normal multiplayer.

Secondly, the weapon swap system from Firestorm gets carried over to the other modes.  This causes two problems, it broke reload canceling and opens the possibility for players to exploit a bug an carry around 2 primaries in other modes.  Originally the player could cut a reload short by double tapping the key to swap weapons, causing them to just pull the gun out again instead of finishing the reload, but that now does nothing as it now swaps weapons to the new sidearm slot in Firestorm.  This is troublesome for scouts as they can no longer cut a reload short when they see a glint off in the distance, but even more so for those using the M30 Drilling as it automatically reloads after the shot and doesn't let one swap firemodes without canceling or waiting several seconds for it to finish.

Comments

• friendlyscope
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    it broke a lot more than that..
  • Mangrey
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the reload cut was on purpes.... I read or saw a vid about it ..... nad yes the Net code is balls again after the Fire BS add ... that mode needs to get split away from the rest, so no more dalies or othere nonsens that forcese non FS players to bother with it, and the othere ways around 
  • StealthAria
    336 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 22
    @Mangrey ; If it really was intentional then they clearly have no idea what they're doing.  You have problems with people cancelling out of certain reloads, you add more reload states and adjust the timings so they can't be cut short, you don't "fix" it by ruining nearly half the guns in the game.
    If they really have no other way to fix the problem they need to make double tapping [swap weapons] cut the reload short and play the last part of the reload animation to ready the gun as-is, magazine loaded or not.

@friendlyscope ; I just listed the two I find to be the biggest issues, the vast majority stem from the netcode anyway.  If you have more, feel free to list them.
  • friendlyscope
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    check out my topic about April 'informal' patch in the subject.. the forum doesn't allow me to post a link here !??? ...