There should be a better way of spotting or seeing ground targets while on air

LINKERBLOX
70 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Destroying ground targets while on air is very painful, you cant find them easily because they dont render well, in my opinion if you go on cockpit view and zoom in, everything in front of you should be spotted for a second, only for you and if you look away they will get unspotted

Comments

• aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think that has extreme potential to be abused by players who can't fly. They'd take a plane only to spot people, providing only a flare's worth of purpose for a 45 second cooldown vehicle that is potentially the most powerful vehicle class in the game.
    Most planes have a spotting scope just for this purpose. Worst case, you can find your target via eyesight or go bomb based off what objectives are being taken/are taken. Use map knowledge to figure out where the enemies can be and hit them that way.
  • Noodlesocks
    2778 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Most planes have some sort of spotting ability already and bombers have bomb sights. Also handy to fly with the full minimap in view when not in a dogfight to look out for other players spotting enemies.
  • SirBobdk
    4017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's hard but not impossible with 1st view + zoom. Imo it's fine, otherwise planes would be farming more than the all ready do.

• Zinkys
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I honestly have no idea how the smaller bombers consistently drop things on my head. The few times I've gotten in a plane I can never, ever seen ground troops. Tanks sometimes but never soldiers.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zinkys said:
    I honestly have no idea how the smaller bombers consistently drop things on my head. The few times I've gotten in a plane I can never, ever seen ground troops. Tanks sometimes but never soldiers.
    Most likely you just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Objectives - especially on Breakthrough - are prime spots for bombers to just unload on and likely get a few kills.

That said, although I don't know that having some sort of first person auto-spot is a very good idea, perhaps just an option on the comms wheel where you can ask for enemy positions would be good? Puts it in the game chat and/or pops up on the screen of Recons and the pilot's squadmates, saying that a pilot has asked for enemy positions. Not sure how cooperative people would be, but if I notice my squadmate is in a plane I do try and mark enemy positions if I can't take them out myself, such as tanks or further enemies. I don't know how useful they find this, but I do my best anyway.
  • Hawxxeye
    5369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 20
    SirBobdk said:
    It's hard but not impossible with 1st view + zoom. Imo it's fine, otherwise planes would be farming more than the all ready do.

what about making it  so that the planes can see and find enemies better but then make the AA stronger in return?
    So the planes will not have a frustrating time finding targets and the people on the ground can fight back against the flying threats better.
  • SirBobdk
    4017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 20
    Hawxxeye said:
    SirBobdk said:

what about making it  so that the planes can see and find enemies better but then make the AA stronger in return?
    So the planes will not have a frustrating time finding targets and the people on the ground can fight back against the flying threats better.
    Not sure. Some of the maps are so small that it would be hard to dodge the AA.
    I have no trouble finding enemy, but it takes practice. Many time I just shoot where think they could be. When they get surpressed they get spottet. I normaly get high, throttle to zere to get more time, go 1st view + zoom and shoot in order to get them spottet.
    -
    I dont think Bombers should have better spotting, but maybe for the attack plane and fighters.
  • trip1ex
    4696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    yeah put on the brakes and zoom in.   not how planes are supposed to operate though isn't it?  

What about  enemies get autospotted or "enchanced" in some fashion when you close enough to the ground?  

That way you can't line up your shots so easily yet you can see enemies clearly as you get close and with some skill and quick timing you can kill them.  

In my mind it would make flying more exciting and give troops on the ground more opportunities to take out planes as planes would need to get closer to the ground to see troops.  

• LINKERBLOX
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    SirBobdk said:

what about making it  so that the planes can see and find enemies better but then make the AA stronger in return?So the planes will not have a frustrating time finding targets and the people on the ground can fight back against the flying threats better.

How about we buff the **** out of ground against air, and buff the **** out of air against ground, AA are weak in this game, they were OP in bf 1 , it was perfectly balanced in bf1
  • SirBobdk

How about we buff the **** out of ground against air, and buff the **** out of air against ground, AA are weak in this game, they were OP in bf 1 , it was perfectly balanced in bf1
    Imo they should just make it easy to spot, but hard to kill.
    Planes should be easy to use but hard to master, and that is not the case right now, especially bombers.

• MBT_Layzan
    1438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zinkys said:
    When I'm precisely bombed in a 38t in cover like dense trees etc, I presume it's because I'm spotted by say a sniper or archer tank. Then the bomber looks at the general location or just knows when to drop them. That or they are just good.  

I just came from a match, where two German bombers just kept bombing the crap out of the ground vehicles, and depots. Our side used bombers on theirs and they pretty much ignore each other. Our mobile aa was trying to do something but firing at them just gave away it's location each times so that died easy. (Mobile aa) lol yea right...  No one uses fixed aa in my games unless it's on tanks which I'm still not sure why.   
  • BlindChance
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 20
    Just f...no. Spotting was one of the main reasons why air on ground in previous titles was so broken. We don't need a return of immortal aircraft or tanks from BF3/4 farming easy infantry kills all day.

If you happen to play with inteligent assault players they run Vehicle Buster combat role on non-infantry maps. This role automatically spots vehicles when doing damage to them. Sadly game IQ of so many players is close to a that of a lemming, literally I never see others taking advantage of this.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Personally I think this no spotting thing made it worse for things like tanks. We can be spotted easy and from things we have idea was even there. While we can't spot crap all in most tanks meaning major vulnerability to both infantry and other vehicles. 
  • Masqerader
    629 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Destroying ground targets while on air is very painful, you cant find them easily because they dont render well, in my opinion if you go on cockpit view and zoom in, everything in front of you should be spotted for a second, only for you and if you look away they will get unspotted

Its not hard to spot ground targets at all in the air, look down shoot, switch to bomber sight, kaboom.
  • LINKERBLOX
    Masqerader wrote: »
    LINKERBLOX said:

Its not hard to spot ground targets at all in the air, look down shoot, switch to bomber sight, kaboom.

Have you ever tried to use a ground attack plane?