Win 10 v 1903 Drop FPS

Comments

• MaratMagomedov
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KB4505903 теперь все ок
  • iamadeadpixel
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    confirmed: fixed ,back to 120fps again..
  • sungirlssex
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    after last windows 10 update problem is solved. i7-8700k, gtx1080ti
  • ismanden82
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    so i have the latest updates installed on my laptop but i still get lag in battlefield 3 somehow.. my specs:

970m gtx nvidia geforce

6700hq i7 processor

samsung 970 pro ssd

realtek sound card

16gb ram

• iDC-AER0_FX
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    --- UPDATE: Updating to Windows  1909 fixed that! ---
  • GalaxticLunatic
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm still having issues with Battlefield 3 in 2020. FPS issues, unable to play the game still.

Anybody else having issues?

Windows version 1909

• _NINA_PARKER_lII
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    yeah problems happening again, not exaggerated like before but FPS drops from 75fps lock to 55-60fps in tought situations while gpu and cpu are like 70%
  • _NINA_PARKER_lII
    https://ibb.co/fGktWY7

i have drops even to 40fps :(

dont know if it's server-side problem maybe
  • _NINA_PARKER_lII
    confirmed, problem with fps drops only on popular "BF3 4Ever" server, so its probably server related
  • Steven00120
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Disabling the Origin ingame overlay solved the issue for me.
  • welcomebackk
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    I can confirm that it dropped from 120-144 to 80. What is going on? I can run BF4 at 200 fps with no problems
  • welcomebackk
    Origin in game is already off for me, so this doesn't fix it
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14670 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I can confirm that it dropped from 120-144 to 80. What is going on? I can run BF4 at 200 fps with no problems
    Origin in game is already off for me, so this doesn't fix it
    Don't bother with Win 10 build 1903,  It was a known issue for it having framedrops and general stability issues.

The current build 1909 solves many of the issues reported here.
  • welcomebackk
    Im sorry, i forgot to mention, im on 1909

I used to have the same problem on 1903 back then - updated to 1909, got somewhat fixed, and now it started again.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14670 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Im sorry, i forgot to mention, im on 1909

I used to have the same problem on 1903 back then - updated to 1909, got somewhat fixed, and now it started again.
    Power settings set to max performance in windows control panel?
    GPU set to max performance also?
    Have you closed all windows and browser tabs when launching the game ( except the battlelog tab? ) 
    Latest drivers? ( Audio and Display? ) 
    Do you have a user.cfg that may be interfering with the game?
    Any screen capture software that may be taking away resources from the game?

Tried a clean boot to see if the issue goes away?
  • welcomebackk
    Power setting is on balanced and im doing that because it also controls the CPU freq which is 3000Mhz at 0.9V- its not as hot and almost all games that i play run over if not at 144hz like bf4 doom, doom eternal, quake champions...

I will try on high performance but that will make my cpu at 4.4Ghz at 1.4V and i dont use it that way a lot

Bf3 used to run with no problem in balanced mode.

What do you mean gpu at max? Its alright and its not underclocked or undervolted if thats what you mean

I have 32gb ram, rtx 2080 super and ryzen 7 3800x, bf3 has more than enough ram and cores to run twice at the same time.

I have the latest drivers.

I used to meddle around with a user.cfg, i dont recall i still have one there.

No capture software, i used obs with bf4 and i dont even feel it.

Yes i did try a clean boot and no results
  • LOLGotYerTags
    Idk if it's the same with AMD,  but in nvidia control panel under 3d settings there is a power section where you can set the gpu to run at high performance or on power saving.

If you havent tinkered with that,  it will usually be default at power saving.

This can occasionally prevent the gpu from ramping up the clock speeds when gaming.

I have mine set to max performance across the board and rarely face these issues in any battlefield title.

All you can do is check and see if it works for you.

Another thing you can do is right click the game in your origin library and run a repair in the event any files may be corrupt.
  • GalaxticLunatic
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2020
    I found the issue with FPS spike while playing in Battlefield 3. I had to turn off "Origin In-game overlay". It is under the client application settings. I found this out b/c I could not run Dead Space. It would not load my save file to play. So I found on other forum about orgin-ingame overlay.

Now in game I'm getting 180 to 200 FPS. Before the game spikes from 180 fps to 70, 55,60 FPS and back up. It was not playable.

I'm running the latest Windows 10 update.

This was my case. Not sure if any other applications' might be impacting your game.

• AmosBurton_GER
    948 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same here.
    Clean installation of Windows 1903.
    GTX 1080 TI OC
    I7 5820K

i7 9700K - GTX 1080 OC - 32GB 3400Mhz RAM - older installation (maybe 9 to 12 months) no problems at all with framedrops.
  • Tewdz
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 11
    I think I have a problem in BF3 with the GPU usage... I get between 170-210 fps no matter the settings, and the gpu usage is always under 55%! Sometimes it drops to 150 fps for 2 seconds. I don't have any fps cap enabled and my NVIDIA settings are fine. I'm also running the latest version of Windows 10 (20H2). I feel like I should have over 280 fps, and I don't think it's a CPU bottleneck.
    In BF4 I can get over 380fps without any issues.

My CPU usage also seems to be too low: BF3-fps — ImgBB (ibb.co)

PC specs:
    RTX 2080
    Ryzen 3700X (4.3 Ghz)
    32GB DDR4 (3200 Mhz)

I saw people getting over 90% usage and same fps on a GTX 1070, and over 300 fps on a 1080 Ti.