Squad Conquest Returns to Battlefield V

Braddock512
1192 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
On April 25, 2019, we'll be bringing back Squad Conquest to our Battlefield V rotation, with this weeks' Tides of War Storyline Challenge including some nodes to drop you back in to this small, 8v8 mode. We're excited to bring this mode back, and have some plans on expanding Squad Conquest as we get to Chapter 4 this summer.

How to Play Squad Conquest

Two opposing teams of eight compete to capture and hold every flag in this strategic version of Conquest, until they exhaust the enemy team of their Respawn Tickets. You and your squad must fight point-to-point in this 16-player Conquest mode, working to gain control of three key locations across three faster-paced multiplayer maps.

For more in-depth info on Squad Conquest, tips on how to play and succeed, and the current maps supported in this mode, check our Squad Conquest Blog.

Squad Conquest Arras

Arras is the largest of the three Squad Conquest maps and allows one tank per team.

Squad Conquest Hamada

Squad Conquest on Hamada offers a variety of strategic arrangements in a compact package. An abundance of routes and verticality shifts the power balance with the two vehicles – one tank per team – and they will need to be supported by smart ground troop movement to effectively help their team win.

Squad Conquest Rotterdam

The smallest map of the three, Squad Conquest Rotterdam is also the most intense.

– Braddock512

Enter mankind’s greatest conflict now with the Battlefield™ V Deluxe Edition or Standard Edition on Xbox One, PlayStation®4, and PC. Play the full game with Origin Access Premier or try it first for 10 hours with EA Access or Origin Access Basic*.

Sign up today to receive the latest Battlefield news, updates, behind-the-scenes content, exclusive offers, and more (including other EA news, products, events, and promotions) by email.

Follow Battlefield on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel. Hop in and join the Battlefield Community on the Battlefield Forums, and discuss with us on Reddit and Discord.

*CONDITIONS, LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS APPLY. SEE
ea.com/ea-access/terms AND origin.com/store/origin-access/terms FOR DETAILS. © 2019 Electronic Arts Inc.

Comments

• GRAW2ROBZ
    968 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not to be a Debby downer and nitpick.  But to find 8 enemies that's still plenty of land to track around in.  Especially if most are snipers or flyboys.  Maybe 12vs12 like last gen would be a little closer.  But I guess each to their own.
  • PaRaEater
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Snipers are spoiling bfv for me. Hamada, Aerodrome are unpleasant in the full conquest format - I sign off when those maps happen. I'm almost over playing the game altogether now. You should create formats where sniper rifles can't be used.
  • DaQuaz2284
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    Not to be a Debby downer and nitpick.  But to find 8 enemies that's still plenty of land to track around in.  Especially if most are snipers or flyboys.  Maybe 12vs12 like last gen would be a little closer.  But I guess each to their own.

Have you played this mode yet? My friend and I role through people in this mode, and we never seem to struggle to find people due to the size of the map. I'd say the mode is about the same size as a standard Team Deathmatch map. Snipers can try all they want, but they don't last in this faster paced mode if they sit still....and planes??? pretty sure they aren't in this mode. But to each their own on how you interpret the game mode. 👌😎
  • the_Demongod
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 23
    Yeah if you're complaining about squad conquest not being action packed enough you're playing it for the wrong reason. It's supposed to be played more conservatively and methodically and is f**king awesome when played right. Squad conquest allows for more realistic firefights that simply weren't possible in past BF titles.
  • bigiain
    157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's a pity we don't have any more maps, but I liked it before, so it's a welcome return.
  • MrJayPee71
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah if you're complaining about squad conquest not being action packed enough you're playing it for the wrong reason. It's supposed to be played more conservatively and methodically and is f**king awesome when played right. Squad conquest allows for more realistic firefights that simply weren't possible in past BF titles.

I enjoyed it too. It asks different questions from you as a player so thumbs up from me.
  • sunni1010
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Love to see a CTF type mode. In BFH you had Heist and in Bf1 there is war pigeons. Be nice to see this Ctf type mode in BFV. Its intense and fun
  • UnearthedCO
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why won't DICE make Squad Conquest for all the maps?
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    968 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Have you played this mode yet? My friend and I role through people in this mode, and we never seem to struggle to find people due to the size of the map. I'd say the mode is about the same size as a standard Team Deathmatch map. Snipers can try all they want, but they don't last in this faster paced mode if they sit still....and planes??? pretty sure they aren't in this mode. But to each their own on how you interpret the game mode. 👌😎
    No I haven't tried it.  Probably wont bother.  I remember Bad Company 2 NAM squad death match or whatever that was called back in the day.  It had vehicles.
  • MatthewSkeet
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

No I haven't tried it.  Probably wont bother.  I remember Bad Company 2 NAM squad death match or whatever that was called back in the day.  It had vehicles.
    so before you make ignorant comments perhaps you should play the mode first?
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

Conquest only legit battlefield game mode for this game.  Since rush wasn't even rush when it was on the game.  It didn't even have MCOMM's.  Ignorant cause I slipped and said flyboy's? I figured that big map would have some vehicles of some kind yet?  My mistake my bad.  But Bad Company 2 squad team death match had vehicles. I was going by that mode and figured this be same mess just 4 less players per team. Still 8vs8 is even lessor then last gen battlefields.  You need small fishbowl COD maps to make this work.  Heck if I get like 3 or 4 useless snipers on my side and hiding in a window somewhere.  I'm sure the forums will be on fire to remove this in a heartbeat.
      Also this mode be laid to rest pretty fast.  Be just as dull as that 5vs5 we didn't ask for.  The man hours wasted for all these limited time games modes moving flags and coding and server adjustments is enough.  Then wasted man hours for a 5vs5 game mode and who knows how many maps.  We didn't ask for that.  Also battle royale we didn't ask for let alone they had to hire another team to make that as well.  All these hours wasted we could of easily had 2 new maps before May.
    But yeah my mistake judging before seeing it in action.  But figured it have vehicles since like I said Bad Company 2 squad death match or whatever it was called.  Still 8vs8 is lite.  Segregating the community.  Waste of man hours.  Hours for the battle royal from the other team and DICE tinker every so often with limited time game modes moving flags and what not and server adjustments that's not all free and hours wasted.  All I count on for battlefield is equal classes and conquest and rush.  Besides plenty of maps to keep the community happy and not bored in a couple weeks.  These random new limited game modes don't trip my trigger.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1180 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Happy that SC is returning, not happy it's the same 3 maps that I played to death last time out. 3 maps in rotation with short games soon gets monotonous. Come on DICE!
  • Rex_Holez
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The premise is cool, only 3 maps is utter rubbish. 
  • ScottysDemise
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

Conquest only legit battlefield game mode for this game.  Since rush wasn't even rush when it was on the game.  It didn't even have MCOMM's.  Ignorant cause I slipped and said flyboy's? I figured that big map would have some vehicles of some kind yet?  My mistake my bad.  But Bad Company 2 squad team death match had vehicles. I was going by that mode and figured this be same mess just 4 less players per team. Still 8vs8 is even lessor then last gen battlefields.  You need small fishbowl COD maps to make this work.  Heck if I get like 3 or 4 useless snipers on my side and hiding in a window somewhere.  I'm sure the forums will be on fire to remove this in a heartbeat.
      Also this mode be laid to rest pretty fast.  Be just as dull as that 5vs5 we didn't ask for.  The man hours wasted for all these limited time games modes moving flags and coding and server adjustments is enough.  Then wasted man hours for a 5vs5 game mode and who knows how many maps.  We didn't ask for that.  Also battle royale we didn't ask for let alone they had to hire another team to make that as well.  All these hours wasted we could of easily had 2 new maps before May.
    But yeah my mistake judging before seeing it in action.  But figured it have vehicles since like I said Bad Company 2 squad death match or whatever it was called.  Still 8vs8 is lite.  Segregating the community.  Waste of man hours.  Hours for the battle royal from the other team and DICE tinker every so often with limited time game modes moving flags and what not and server adjustments that's not all free and hours wasted.  All I count on for battlefield is equal classes and conquest and rush.  Besides plenty of maps to keep the community happy and not bored in a couple weeks.  These random new limited game modes don't trip my trigger.
    you must be fun at parties. Squad conquest is a great game mode, but I guess your salt doesn't understand what fun is 
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

you must be fun at parties. Squad conquest is a great game mode, but I guess your salt doesn't understand what fun is 
    Bad Company 2 was the last great battlefield for console. Maybe you never tried it.  Like I said waste of man hours and others already said it was made on the worst maps for squad conquest.
  • ScottysDemise
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    GRAW2ROBZ said:

Bad Company 2 was the last great battlefield for console. Maybe you never tried it.  Like I said waste of man hours and others already said it was made on the worst maps for squad conquest.
    Played bf2, 2142, bc 1 and 2, bf3, 4, hardline (single player only though). I've enjoyed every one of them. Squad conquest is a ton of fun IF you are playing as a squad/team and communicating. If you are playing with randoms or mutes, yeah, its not great but with a few friends its great. 
  • Noodlesocks
    2389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same three maps?
  • NN_Buzz12
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Did they add an Anti-Cheat to this mode?  Does it come on the rented servers too?  Man that would be cool and fun.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    I did care for it.  Maybe it cause we were short handed 4vs8.  Even the team with 8 camped hard.  I thought that was funny.  I got my two flag caps for the week assignment for the ls/26 took the loss and got the LMG in like a hour or so.