Weekly BF

PLEASE Make Weather Less Game Breaking

TW33NSW4G
10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I'm a Battlefield franchise veteran, been playing BF games for 15 years so seeing the games evolve has been a joy for me, though some things about the old games are incredibly appealing. Namely, not having have of an entire match completely ruined by 5 feet visibility. Yes it's possible to play being able to see 5 feet in front of you but the fun experience is completely ruined for me. Tanking, planes, sniping, rifles, LMGs and basically anything except blindly sprinting in circles looking for targets is ruined.
'Emersive' weather is a cool concept for a campaign mission where you have to sneak for objectives, but not in competitive multiplayer. It simply takes away the majority of options for a significant amount of time.

Comments

• TW33NSW4G
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I understand the purpose behind it. I personally am a very versatile player, as I stated before, I've been playing Battlefield games for a very long time so I have experience playing just about every play style. My claim is that it makes the multiplayer experience less competitive and just plain unenjoyable. I care more for a consistent experience than a dynamic one. Especially when favoring a play style. Being forced to play a style I don't prefer is one thing, but not being able to see more than 5 feet in front of you simply is not an enjoyable experience outside of a campaign scenario.
  • TW33NSW4G
    Would be nice to see all the vision obscuring weather removed completely. It wasn't fun in Battlefield 1, it's not fun here either.

My feelings exactly. Sinai Desert with the sandstorm was an absolute prank on the developer's part. The largest map in the game but you can see literally out to the ends of your shotgun barrel.. almost. Especially enjoyable when it lasted 700+ tickets.
  • maggotforl133
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I typically like the weather unless I feel like doing something that it hinders. But I wouldn’t really call it game breaking. And honestly I haven’t seen weather too often in the game. Maybe a few times on Fjell
  • TW33NSW4G
    I typically like the weather unless I feel like doing something that it hinders. But I wouldn’t really call it game breaking. And honestly I haven’t seen weather too often in the game. Maybe a few times on Fjell

Really? I have it basically every game when I play Grand Operations which is what I typically play because I like the long rounds. BF1 basically every conquest
  • Granatenmaxe
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think weather is great. Of course snipers hate the fog and sand storms. 
  • bigmatt9486
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I rarely see any weather changes to the maps. 
  • ragnarok013
    3249 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Would be nice to see all the vision obscuring weather removed completely. It wasn't fun in Battlefield 1, it's not fun here either.

I disagree, I've always loved those weather changes whether it's the sand storm on Gulf of Oman in BF4, the Fog in Argonne etc because it changes things up and allows me to be able to cross areas without being harassed by some non-PTFO Bushwookie. The weather doesn't even happen all that often.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I disagree, I've always loved those weather changes whether it's the sand storm on Gulf of Oman in BF4, the Fog in Argonne etc because it changes things up and allows me to be able to cross areas without being harassed by some non-PTFO Bushwookie. The weather doesn't even happen all that often.

And now fly a plane on Fjell in the fog... might be nice for some but it affects some things negatively ;)
  • NLBartmaN
    3336 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Weather effects is great for infantry, terrible for vehicles (planes)
    Weather effects should be toned down in the sky.
  • VincentNZ
    2973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have more issues with the weather having a large impact on the performance, especially rain.
  • ragnarok013
    3249 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

And now fly a plane on Fjell in the fog... might be nice for some but it affects some things negatively ;)
    Personally I think aircraft should be removed from Fjell since they are rather unbalanced with few counters; playing infantry on that map is like being a fish in a barrel waiting to be scooped out and made into dinner. So more fog on Fjell please! ;-)
  • trip1ex
    4784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 23
    TW33NSW4G said:
    I'm a Battlefield franchise veteran, been playing BF games for 15 years so seeing the games evolve has been a joy for me, though some things about the old games are incredibly appealing. Namely, not having have of an entire match completely ruined by 5 feet visibility. Yes it's possible to play being able to see 5 feet in front of you but the fun experience is completely ruined for me. Tanking, planes, sniping, rifles, LMGs and basically anything except blindly sprinting in circles looking for targets is ruined.
    'Emersive' weather is a cool concept for a campaign mission where you have to sneak for objectives, but not in competitive multiplayer. It simply takes away the majority of options for a significant amount of time.
    Exactly.  Makes everything the same.  IT's dumb.  We already have plenty of ways to play BF.  And that was always the beauty of it.  The variety.   This takes away variety.  It takes away the whole combined arms things which was what the franchise was built on.  Although from the little I played of BFV, the weather didn't seem as frequent as BF1 where you could literally play 10 rounds of fog in a row.

• Llordus
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Weather is a great addition to the game. It should remain as it is - it brings some variables into already known maps. The more weather, the better.
  • Trokey66
    8393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    IDirtY_SeCreT said:

ragnarok013 said:

Noodlesocks said:

Personally I think aircraft should be removed from Fjell since they are rather unbalanced with few counters; playing infantry on that map is like being a fish in a barrel waiting to be scooped out and made into dinner. So more fog on Fjell please! ;-)

I agree and would go further to say that the storm should be default on Fjell with the sun being the weather effect.

As for whether on Grand Ops, I believe it is a 'balancing mechanic on some maps to give the attackers a tad more cover. Weather generally clears as you go though the modes.
  • trip1ex
    4784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    WEather is just a crutch for them in lieu of good map design and game balance. they just resort to rolling in fog in BF1 to satiate the ones that complain about snipers or planes.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TW33NSW4G said:
    I like the weather events, everyone I play with thinks they an interesting variation in the game.  For one thing a team can take advantage of the reduced visibility to break out, flank, cap some flags.  Besides, the weather is seen so rarely that even if you dislike it, it isn't like you're going to experience it very often.

BTW, BF is not a competitive game where RNG events have no place, not even close.  Collapsing skyscrapers, giant sharks, sand storms--most players get a kick out of those things because they're just here to be entertained.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    Weather effects is great for infantry, terrible for vehicles (planes)
    Weather effects should be toned down in the sky.
    Oh boo hoo, it inconveniences the wing wipers, how sad.  That's a good reason for it to happen more often.