Weekly Debrief

Anyone Else Constantly on Losing Team?

TW33NSW4G
10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Being a player who has been playing Battlefield for 15 years, has a consistent 2+ KDR and plays the objective, I find it odd that I consistently play for hours without winning a SINGLE game. I am constantly placed on the losing team. Even if I am the only one getting objectives on my team, end up placing top, it doesn't matter. Is team balancing just awful in BFV or something?

I had to play 14 games to get my first win on my account. Wondering if others are having this same issue. I think I've played maybe 2 or 3 rounds so far where team play was happening on my side. Pretty uninviting if you ask me.

Comments

• CaptainHardware
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Team balancing is awful. Never use match making, join a server off the browser or you'll have extremely high odds of being put on a losing team that has people constantly dropping.
  • TamKingski
    1743 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Team balancing is awful. Never use match making, join a server off the browser or you'll have extremely high odds of being put on a losing team that has people constantly dropping.
    I almost exclusively use the server browser and im regularly put into the losing team due to that team is more likely to need filled after people start leaving.

I want an option to only join games about to start,i dont care if it increases matchmaking times,give me that choice dice.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Like I mentioned many of times in other threads here.  It feels like joining a server for conquest I got like 98% chance of joining a spot left by a rage quitter on losing side. Most of the time it is.  Very seldom I get tossed into a easy win.
  • Narfiam
    197 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That's because when a team is losing there are a lot of people ragequitting and in less than 5 minutes the losing team have 27 people against 32 aggravating the problem and causing the losing team to be steamrolled and if that was not enough the winning team get more points, more arty spam, more V1, more Sturmtigers/Crocodiles for them, aggravating the problem even more. I have 42% winrate due that. I always use matchmaking anyway, I don't really mind if I win or lose.
  • Noodlesocks
    2888 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Joining a server will likely put you on the losing team as it is usually players on the losing team who quit first while winners tend to see the game to the end. With BF5 having no team/skill balance system, it will keep the players on the same team for the next match so when one team begins to steamroll, they will likely continue to steamroll since the game keeps all those players on the same team.
  • TTZ_Dipsy
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There definitely seems to be a bit of a dip in overall skill level in V but I think the biggest factor a lot of people seem to forget is players no longer being able to switch teams.

I admit, I was guilty of occassionally switching to the winning side in the past (though in my defence I could tell extremely early who had the better team), but now it seems like people are just bouncing the very first moment anything turns sour.

There aren't any penalties in V for leaving early right? No problem for the person leaving but in-game that team needs to pick up the slack which is never good
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    819 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Have you seen the scores though?

Consistently after a match when I look at the scoreboard maybe the top 4 players on each team have done adequately in terms of overall score and K\D. Then there's a huge, sheer drop where the average score and K/D is tiny. 

I really don't think that the majority of the player base understand how to engage with V, and it's not inexperience as the players are almost all level 50.

I'm on PS4 Europe are things different on X Box and PC?

• VincentNZ
    2921 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TW33NSW4G said:
    Being a player who has been playing Battlefield for 15 years, has a consistent 2+ KDR and plays the objective, I find it odd that I consistently play for hours without winning a SINGLE game. I am constantly placed on the losing team. Even if I am the only one getting objectives on my team, end up placing top, it doesn't matter. Is team balancing just awful in BFV or something?

I had to play 14 games to get my first win on my account. Wondering if others are having this same issue. I think I've played maybe 2 or 3 rounds so far where team play was happening on my side. Pretty uninviting if you ask me.

With all due respect, but your perception is flawed, your winrate is at 46%, which is, after 50 odd rounds still a rather small set of data. You are basically winning about as much as losing.
  • AdmJagermeistr
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I find that the times I lost were when about half of the team were recon. Sitting back sniping absolutely useless. 
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    819 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Would it be possible to put the players with good PTO stats into the same squad together at the start of a game?

Having a decent squad makes any match worthwhile.
  • Key2Destiny
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's no team balancing during the game, only at the end of a round. Which is why you get matches that have 28 vs 10, sometimes the servers decides that the numbers in the match are okay and decide that trying to fill the server is not top priority so the only way people can join is by using the server browser.
  • olavafar
    1960 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    TW33NSW4G said:

With all due respect, but your perception is flawed, your winrate is at 46%, which is, after 50 odd rounds still a rather small set of data. You are basically winning about as much as losing.
    Finally someone using stats for something sensible. After 15 years of playing the game original poster should know how to look this up himself.

Having said that, there is not much balancing happening in the game. If you are at a losing side, it is quite likely this team will lose next match also because only rarely a squad is moved cross teams. The only hope is that the 'I wanna be carried to a win'-quitters leave and make room for better players with less focus on their K/D and more on the objectives.
  • GrizzGolf
    989 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am but Im only playing to try to stay positive K/D every other round
  • Hawxxeye
    5594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 24
    DICE removed team switching in order to ensure balanced teams... (lol)
    The team balance in this game can be compared to " Loaded/Weighted DICE "
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I find that the times I lost were when about half of the team were recon. Sitting back sniping absolutely useless. 
    this is like pretty much every game. normally I count 12-17 recon players... guess where they are...
    also none of those numpties knows what a spotting flare is

anyway:

to be honest I dont care if Im on a losing or winning team. I play mostly breakthrough so provided I'm on a side I prefer to be on a specific map I'm OK.
    Arras - defending
    fjel - attacking (it's awful to defend)
    rotterdam - defending but dont mind attacking either
    devastation - probably defending especially in the church but I'm happy with either
    narvik - attacking
    aerodrome - attacking
    twisted steel - attacking

hamada - quit as soon as it loads
    panzerstorm - quit as soon as it loads
  • zenn_nme
    807 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @TW33NSW4G You're not alone mate. Been noticing the same thing the past week.
    I wonder if it has anything to do with BFV being on Sale; more blueberries trying out gamemodes they've never played before.
  • mattd3162014
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The biggest problem here is the vast majority of people do not even understand how to play the game so many people run of solo into the middle of nowhere thinking they will get a nice kill streak to post on you tube.The biggest sin i see teams committing is letting your home flags(flags closest to you spawn getting capped and then the whole team just zergs on one flag.For people that don`t understand if you let you home flag get capped and you only attack the middle flag you are going to get flanked by the enemy over and over and over again.

This games mechanics to have a higher chance of winning are centered around flanking the enemy so if you see you home flags either taking or being capped take them back asap i have managed to turn around a lot of matches where we almost lost to wins due to this and also trying to stick with you squad which should go without saying and if your on a squad that is making those mistakes leave that squad and join another until your on one that understands this. 
  • DavTan
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Stop worrying about winning.
    Try your best to do what you can to win and improve your own performance ( and be happy you did your best ) but realise that there are no teams in this game (that is a misnomer) only sides. Teams require teamwork , teamwork is achieved through communication. There is no communication throughout the side you are on, only random squads which maybe (if you're lucky) communicating within squad but almost never with other squads. Then you have the random loners doing their own thing on top of all that.
    You cannot control how people play the game or where they go. Also people are actively discouraged from defending areas by large sections of the '' community '' who call it camping and sneer at what they consider low spm or kpm and even dice who discourage it through the scoring system. This means that often the opposing side takes a flag with out having to fight for it ( I'm obviously talking about CQ ) because most of your side are off chasing points.
    Back when bf had decent RSP then scrims could be organised between two proper TEAMS where comms were used and no ingame points were scored and then it was worth concerning yourself about winning.
    I have more fun playing with this in mind than worrying about winning a public match.
    Just my thoughts, take or leave them.
  • VincentNZ
    2921 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    zenn_nme said:
    @TW33NSW4G You're not alone mate. Been noticing the same thing the past week.
    I wonder if it has anything to do with BFV being on Sale; more blueberries trying out gamemodes they've never played before.

I doubt it. Your win ratio is sitting at 63%, even if you have lost 5 rounds in a row, this is hardly indicative of a trend.
  • ZombieEatingKid
    42 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TW33NSW4G wrote: »

The cause of game blowouts, is caused by the lack of vehicles, players grab a tank or Arty truck and camp and snipe.

The game rewards this.
    Bigger capture area would stop alot of campers.