Please add a rejoin mechanism in firestorm

BigT_RmaD
postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
the game crashes/disconnects often enough for this to be a problem.

Comments

• ragnarok013
    3077 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I don't see this ever happening as it is potentially abuseable. What's to stop someone from pull their LAN cable at the start of the match only to reconnect it and rejoin a few minutes later to automatically be placed much higher than if they played normally?
  • Dr3amstation
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 24
    At least put an option to stay in your squad after a match, more often than Not I find myself having to create a new squad and re invite everyone because they missed the promt
  • taminosk
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Higher how? reconnecting later would put the player at a disadvantage... they still need to find gear and may be out of zone.
  • Ceph777
    250 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't see this ever happening as it is potentially abuseable. What's to stop someone from pull their LAN cable at the start of the match only to reconnect it and rejoin a few minutes later to automatically be placed much higher than if they played normally?
    I don't understand your logic? Please explain by what 'higher' means? What advantage would someone get if they killed their internet connection on purpose.
  • ragnarok013
    3077 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Ceph_v74 said:
    I don't understand your logic? Please explain by what 'higher' means? What advantage would someone get if they killed their internet connection on purpose.
    Ceph_v74 say you start out in the beginning with all players present, you intentionally pull your plug for a couple of minutes and then rejoin the same servers. instead of position 50 now you're position 25 without earning it by staying alive. That is the type of abuse I could foresee people doing if a rejoin match function was introduced.
  • l1z1l
    95 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BigT_RmaD said:
    the game crashes/disconnects often enough for this to be a problem.
    Really , i had this trouble a few times...
  • ChickenTheTank
    271 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ceph_v74 wrote: »
    ragnarok013 said:

What advantage would someone get if they killed their internet connection on purpose.

I'm guessing you're too young to have played Halo2 online back on the original Xbox? Just look it up and you'll see what I'm talking about. Manually messing with an internet connection can have all kinds of different abuses possible. It just depends on how the net code for the game was written.
  • Dirty_Harry_II
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ceph_v74 said:
    Ceph_v74 say you start out in the beginning with all players present, you intentionally pull your plug for a couple of minutes and then rejoin the same servers. instead of position 50 now you're position 25 without earning it by staying alive. That is the type of abuse I could foresee people doing if a rejoin match function was introduced.

It work fine in pubg. so it is not a problem to fix
  • 44xCaliberx44
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is another no brainer
  • The_BERG_366
    2313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    At least put an option to stay in your squad after a match, more often than Not I find myself having to create a new squad and re invite everyone because they missed the promt

so you ask them to put an option to stay in your squad to then proceed to admit that there already is such an option but the people you play with aren't able to press one button in a 10 second time frame.
    also if you select leave with squad your squad will still be there even if everybody misses the prompt. so if you do that you most definitely won't have to create a new squad again...
  • Ceph777
    250 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why not fix the root cause, bad coding! Why try to band-aid something when the true root cause needs to be addressed?