CHAPTER 3: TRIAL BY FIRE WEEKLY BRIEF – WEEK #5

Braddock512
1230 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited April 25

Secure the LS/26 Support class LMG in a new Weekly Challenge by playing Squad Conquest.

This week's Tides of War Chapter 3 Storyline focuses on the return of Squad Conquest, our 8v8 variation of Conquest. The Tides of War Storyline nodes will matchmake you into any Squad Conquest map, except where specifically noted*. For more info on Squad Conquest, check out our Squad Conquest Returns to Battlefield V blog.

Complete this Week's Storyline and you'll be rewarded with the Lahti-Saloranta M26, a Support Class LMG. Battlefield V brings the standard LS/26 with the 20 round capacity magazine.

"The Lahti-Saloranta M26 was a Finnish firearm used during World War II with optional ammo storage - a regular magazine or a drum. Nicknamed “Assorted Mistakes”, it was a relatively heavy LMG, hard to clean due to its 188 parts, and low ammo capacity. However, in the hands of a proficient gunner, it was exceptionally accurate." Source

Let’s look at the tasks. Remember that the exact mission requirements can be found in game in the Tides of War menu.

Lockdown - 4,500 Chapter XP
Capture 2 Objectives.

*(OPTIONAL) Valkyrie - 10,000 Chapter XP
Down, Kill or Driver Assist 1 enemy while seated in a Kolibri synchropter in Firestorm.

Fighting for a Cause - 10,000 Chapter XP
Earn 1500 score in one round.

Pulling Your Weight - 10,000 Chapter XP
Get 10 squad assists or kills while attacking objectives.

Naked Force - 10,000 Chapter XP
Deal 2000 damage using Assault Rifles or Semi-Auto Rifles.

Tank Repairman - 10,000 Chapter XP
Repair your teammates vehicles for 150 health.

One for All - 10,000 Chapter XP
Revive squadmates or be revived by squadmates 20 times.

Lead Farmer - 10,000 Chapter XP
Kill, down, or suppression assist 20 enemies.

Toe the Line - 10,000 Chapter XP
Complete 5 squad orders.

Zero-Sum Game - 25,000 Chapter XP
Kill or down enemies or revive teammates 40 times.

(OPTIONAL) New Noisy Toy - 10,000 Chapter XP
Suppress or kill 30 enemies with the LS/26.

UPDATE: You can progress through this week's Storyline via any MP mode/map, unless specifically stated. (There's one optional node that requires Firestorm.)

– Braddock512

Enter mankind’s greatest conflict now with the Battlefield™ V Deluxe Edition or Standard Edition on Xbox One, PlayStation®4, and PC. Play the full game with Origin Access Premier or try it first for 10 hours with EA Access or Origin Access Basic*.

Sign up today to receive the latest Battlefield news, updates, behind-the-scenes content, exclusive offers, and more (including other EA news, products, events, and promotions) by email.

Follow Battlefield on Twitter and Instagram, like us on Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel. Hop in and join the Battlefield Community on the Battlefield Forums, and discuss with us on Reddit and Discord.

*CONDITIONS, LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS APPLY. SEE
ea.com/ea-access/terms AND origin.com/store/origin-access/terms FOR DETAILS. © 2019 Electronic Arts Inc.
Post edited by Braddock512 on

Comments

• TR-BatuhanKara
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Now shared blog from BF Forums? battlefield.com/news is not sharing?
  • Braddock512
    1230 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    These blogs will be on the Forums and Reddit going forward. 
  • Noodlesocks
    2479 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Will a patch drop with this or are we waiting until the end of May? Already been a couple of weeks since the last one.
  • Braddock512
    We're tracking the next update (3.2) to come out next week once we finalize the update and pass Certification. 
  • FragbaitDax
    180 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Can we instead see unlocks behind 10 tasks that relate to playing the objective? Just played a game where two players are sitting in the spawn using AP mines to blow each other up to revive each other while we are outnumbered and losing. Kudos to them for cheesing the unlock, but I'd rather see no tasks like this that result in a lack of PTFO.
  • xRevolucionX
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi! Can anyone tell if the BY FIRE WEEKLY BRIEF items will be released to buy?
  • ElliotLH
    7262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hi! Can anyone tell if the BY FIRE WEEKLY BRIEF items will be released to buy?
    The ToW weapon rewards are usually made available to buy with CC after the event ends. ToW chapter progression rewards usually aren't though from what I gather.
  • dipaklt
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Test - Please Ignore
  • Jezzzeh
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Braddock512 said:

Can we instead see unlocks behind 10 tasks that relate to playing the objective? Just played a game where two players are sitting in the spawn using AP mines to blow each other up to revive each other while we are outnumbered and losing. Kudos to them for cheesing the unlock, but I'd rather see no tasks like this that result in a lack of PTFO.

The worst part of this example is that its eminently achievable just by playing the game as normal. People who do this sort of thing are really dumb.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The weekly assignments are way too easy and very little challenge. I would welcome something a bit harder. I actually enjoyed the Tank challenge. I got the LS/26 in about 3 games of Frontlines. 
  • ElliotLH
    7262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The weekly assignments are way too easy and very little challenge. I would welcome something a bit harder. I actually enjoyed the Tank challenge. I got the LS/26 in about 3 games of Frontlines. 
    Have you seen the ones for next week? 
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    Erm no, are they tricky?  I'm not home atm.

What do you have to do run 100 players over with a tractor?
  • ElliotLH
    ElliotLH said:
    Erm no, are they tricky?  I'm not home atm.

What do you have to do run 100 players over with a tractor?
    Hahaha that'd be hilarious.

Nah they're a mixture of Combined Arms tasks and multiplayer ones. 
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    Oh man CA :s

Hopefully there is a path for multiplayer only tasks

I'm rank 38 on Trials of Fire so luckily I don't really need the XP
  • ElliotLH
    Oh man CA :s

Hopefully there is a path for multiplayer only tasks

I'm rank 38 on Trials of Fire so luckily I don't really need the XP

Looks like the top path is CA and the bottom is multiplayer so you're good dude. I reckon it'll take me 1-3 rounds for those though as they all seem to be 'in a squad' so in theory should go quickly.

You're beating me in chapter XP (34) so I'll cheese the CA ones probably haha.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1079 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I unlocked the LS/26 in like less then a hour. I was shocked I even had it.  Didn't try it yet though.
  • ElliotLH
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    DrunkOnRedWine said:

I unlocked the LS/26 in like less then a hour. I was shocked I even had it.  Didn't try it yet though.

You'll probably do next week in 30 mins then :D

The LS/26 is growing on me but it's tough to beat the FG-42 for small mag LMG of choice.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1079 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    DrunkOnRedWine said:

The LS/26 is growing on me but it's tough to beat the FG-42 for small mag LMG of choice.
    The guy on youtube said for specializations he did 3 rights then last one left for the tech tree for LS/26.
  • ElliotLH
    ElliotLH said:

DrunkOnRedWine said:

The guy on youtube said for specializations he did 3 rights then last one left for the tech tree for LS/26.

Exactly what I went with. I still struggle a bit with the recoil but better players than me should have no real problems. IMO anyway.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    I checked next 2 or 3 weeks and see no new weapons for unlocks.  Guess cause we get a map soon that's our new toy for a while.