This Week in Battlefield V

Updates broken fix

g0merpile
572 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Today I disabled AA Taa after nvidia update. FPS went from 180 to 10 FPS Sad this is EA's way to force us to use TAA AA

Comments

• Carbonic
    1377 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    You are saying you disabled TAA because you to go from 180FPS to 10FPS when it's on - then you say EA is forcing you to use TAA.
    You are also telling us that today you installed a Nvidia update but you don't tell us why that is relevant or what you updated to and from.
    I hope you can see how your post lacks information and contradicts itself :smile:

In any case, if you have issues after a driver update consider using DDU after a safe-mode boot to do a clean install: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
    Also, I've moved your post to the PC section.

• g0merpile
    572 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic said:
    You are saying you disabled TAA because you to go from 180FPS to 10FPS when it's on - then you say EA is forcing you to use TAA.
    You are also telling us that today you installed a Nvidia update but you don't tell us why that is relevant or what you updated to and from.
    I hope you can see how your post lacks information and contradicts itself :smile:

In any case, if you have issues after a driver update consider using DDU after a safe-mode boot to do a clean install: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

You have contradicted the post. So more info if your lack of understanding is not clear. I have always had taa and aa disable, with no fps loss, after nvidas update, this caused a sever loss in fps, EA and Nvida are partners and work together with drivers for their games, EA/Nvidia has recognized we have been disabling these features, so now EA/Nvidia made the game unplayable with these changes.
  • g0merpile
    edited April 25
    g0merpile said:
    Carbonic said:

You have contradicted the post. So more info if your lack of understanding is not clear. I have always had taa and aa disable, with no fps loss, after nvidas update, this caused a sever loss in fps, EA and Nvida are partners and work together with drivers for their games, EA/Nvidia has recognized we have been disabling these features, so now EA/Nvidia made the game unplayable with these changes.

This is not a pc issue for I have the fastest pc and network here this is a BF5 rendering issue
    After work I will provide full video the changes to Bf5 disabling and enabling driver components with fps counter  in BF5
    Enabling these features there is no issue so your suggestion of uninstalling is similar to altf4 lol
  • 5hadyBrady
    432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    g0merpile said:
    Today I disabled AA Taa after nvidia update. FPS went from 180 to 10 FPS Sad this is EA's way to force us to use TAA AA
    It wouldn't surprise me. I'm not typically somebody who pushes conspiracy theories, or even entertains them (for the most part), but there's no denying some of this stuff leaves you scratching your head. For instance, the developers were highly aware of the unpopularity of certain DLC maps for Battlefield 1, however, constantly pushed them on players, and forced them in map rotations, even though there was a vote. What I'm getting at , is, there's a possibility developers may do things to skew the numbers. The tech industry is extraordinarily talented at manipulating the stock market and manipulating investors with algorithms that pump up numbers, and make things look bigger than they really are, which attract investors. If DICE can show their publisher, or investors that players are voting for their DLC maps at high rates, it suggests players actually like these maps. When in reality, the developers could be using a clever strategy to force people to vote for unpopular maps with algorithms that put them up against one another in votes. I know that sounds crazy, and conspiratorial, but that's why I prefaced the post with stating I don't typically entertain conspiracy theories. I have seen way too much of this sort of thing with tech companies, and I know for a fact it happens in the gaming industry as well. Algorithms are destroying everything. To bring it around to the Anti aliasing thing, if nvidia developed temporal anti aliasing, there could very well be an incentive for them to force players to use it, but I still doubt it. It's been out for a long time, and they've been able to collect tons of data by now. It's probably just something accidental.
  • TapperSweden
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    g0merpile wrote: »
    Carbonic said:
    @g0merpile
    You are saying you disabled TAA because you to go from 180FPS to 10FPS when it's on - then you say EA is forcing you to use TAA.You are also telling us that today you installed a Nvidia update but you don't tell us why that is relevant or what you updated to and from.I hope you can see how your post lacks information and contradicts itself :smile:

In any case, if you have issues after a driver update consider using DDU after a safe-mode boot to do a clean install: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.htmlAlso, I've moved your post to the PC section.

You have contradicted the post. So more info if your lack of understanding is not clear.
    I have always had taa and aa disable, with no fps loss, after nvidas update, this caused a sever loss in fps, EA and Nvida are partners and work together with drivers for their games, EA/Nvidia has recognized we have been disabling these features, so now EA/Nvidia made the game unplayable with these changes.

How do you disable Taa and AA?
  • SteveZee
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 26
    You can't disable TAA AA unless you use the console method. Is that what you're using? 

It does work w/ Nvidia but not AMD sadly. 

However, if you claim the update caused it, the solution is to revert back to earlier drivers and see if the problem goes away.