What happened to the community broadcasts?

Noodlesocks
3162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
and the dev talks and the higher quality communication? We got 001 at the beginning of March and nothing heard about it since.

Comments

• ElliotLH
    8688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Looks like we got one today with the info about what the patch will change in Firestorm: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/186441/community-broadcast-firestorm-quality-of-life-updates#latest
  • Noodlesocks
    3162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's something I guess but it's all about fortnite mode.
  • ElliotLH
    8688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It is a bit weird that they cherry-picked that specific part to talk about.
  • Key2Destiny
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE doesn't care about the game anymore so they won't have to put in any effort to get in touch with the community
  • CrashCA
    1097 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 29
    Posted this same question on 26th,  Braddock used "Community Broadcast" as header for today's update notes. Kinda humorous. 
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What are they going to say?  We have no good news, and we're tired of putting out PR fluff that nobody believes anyway, so we're just going to maintain radio silence.  It's way past the point where EA/DICE has anything to say about the game that BF fans won't recognize as hogwash, they missed the boat and they know it.

Again, it isn't that the game is bad, it's the polices outside the game like no rented servers and that unfunny joke known as Live Service which are killing BFV.  Those things are unlikely to change, so other than another rehash game mode or a recycled gun from BF1, what are they going to talk about?  A really good new anti-cheat?  LOL, yeah right.
  • VOLBANKER
    1103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 30
    What is killing the game in particular is how we get no update what so ever on DICE’s progress on important issues like bad visibility.

People would be more forgiving I think to the problematic issues with BFV if for example DICE set up experimental servers where we players could see and test DICE’s work in progress. Then DICE could also get player feedback on their WIP.

Right now i.e. Assault is God-class and it seems like DICE has no intention of changing this. Or do they? Nobody knows. Other things like visibility we are told that DICE is working on, but what exactly are they doing/considering? Again: Nobody knows cause we’re kept in the dark.
  • DyD6Marina
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This forum is always the worst.

Is from the launch(even before) people saying this game is dying, but the reality is the game is alot played and there are always new players.

People must accept they aren't doing anymore casual gameplay like in bf3/bf4 and now is changed.
  • JediMastaWyn
    540 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Most of the previous broadcast where just fluff and corporate babble. 
  • herodes87
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DyD6Marina wrote: »
    This forum is always the worst.

Is from the launch(even before) people saying this game is dying, but the reality is the game is alot played and there are always new players.

People must accept they aren't doing anymore casual gameplay like in bf3/bf4 and now is changed.

BFV is way more Casual with No Skill gunplay and camping abbilities.
  • Noodlesocks
    VOLBANKER said:
    What is killing the game in particular is how we get no update what so ever on DICE’s progress on important issues like bad visibility.

People would be more forgiving I think to the problematic issues with BFV if for example DICE set up experimental servers where we players could see and test DICE’s work in progress. Then DICE could also get player feedback on their WIP.

Right now i.e. Assault is God-class and it seems like DICE has no intention of changing this. Or do they? Nobody knows. Other things like visibility we are told that DICE is working on, but what exactly are they doing/considering? Again: Nobody knows cause we’re kept in the dark.
    Some genuine progress updates would go a long way instead of this iron curtain of secrecy they have surrounding everything they did. This is what the CTE was good for cause you always go to see what was going on between updates.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    Again, it isn't that the game is bad, it's the polices outside the game like no rented servers and that unfunny joke known as Live Service which are killing BFV.
    It’s not just policies outside the game that are killing BFV, it’s also:

- poor visibility

- Assault is ActionMan-class

- movement problems i.e. on Devastation (stuck on rubble, sometimes permanently so you must redeploy)

- somewhat poorly designed maps (all are flat as pancakes, compare with i.e. Flood Zone from BF4)

- dev team spends energy on things nobody seems to want (Combined Arms, various changes in updates which nobody asked for)

- dev team ruins things that were actually working before they started fiddling with it (airplanes)

- dev team does not seem to care to fix certain bugs that have been in the game for months (Selbstlader 1906 does not spot enemies you hit; a bug reported on their bug forum back in December)

I’m sure there is more, but this is off the top of my head what I remember
    I have to disagree on many points.  I just don't have serious problems with visibility, occasionally some guy prone in the rubble gets me, big deal, I'll respawn and kill him if he doesn't move.

I only play Assault if there is enemy armor to deal with, for one thing I don't like being reliant on others for ammo so I mostly play Support.  It's the same with Recon and Medic, I play those classes when it seems like that would help my team, e.g. reviving like crazy in the last minutes of a close game.

I've been stuck in wreckage a few times, there's at least one spot on Fjell where it happens.  But it's a rare enough event that I can't get worked up over it.

Hamada is flat, really?  Twisted steel has a big earth and steel spine right down the middle, Rotterdam and Devastation are covered with buildings which might as well be hills as they function the same way.  Narvik is one long hillside, Aerodrome is an elongated bowl, I assume I don't even need to mention Fjell.  Even Panzerstorm has changes in elevation and trenches etc. that serve as cover.  Seriously, where do I find these pancake-flat maps you speak of?

Agree on development priorities being a mess, but that's on EA which has this game on a tight budget, it's not like DICE can just do whatever they like and not care about the cost.

Yes, they break stuff that used to work, or they get rid of things that worked in previous titles.  Remember when we could see how many tickets were left in a round so we didn't join a server where one team was being crushed and we were stuck on that team for the final two minutes of the round?  What possible good reason is there for DICE to have removed that useful feature?

I didn't know about the 1906 bug.  Either they don't care, or fixing bugs that minor isn't in the budget, or they actually can't find the bug in the code.  Reportedly Frostbite is not well documented and the folks who designed it are long gone, so it's possible the current devs really are lost about how to correct this.
  • ECH0_MIRAGE
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I received a broadcast today.  It told me my Premium pass wasn't good enough, and that I'd need to pay more to get certain skins.

I receive this broadcast every time I launch the game.
  • CrashCA
    1097 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A whole bunch of stuff is now "Community Broadcast"
  • trip1ex
    4979 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 1
    I don't see why communication matters at all.  STuff comes out when it comes out.  STuff gets fixed when it gets fixed.  

They can communicate all they want but  it won't change what is coming out or what gets fixed nor when.

They obviously listen to feedback.  But they aren't Burger King.  You don't place your order at the counter and a minute later out pops your BF your way.   

GAmes got made in the past without "social media."   And arguably were better games back in the day.  AT least in some ways.  
  • Noodlesocks
    edited May 1
    trip1ex said:
    I don't see why communication matters at all.  STuff comes out when it comes out.  STuff gets fixed when it gets fixed.  

They can communicate all they want but  it won't change what is coming out or what gets fixed nor when.

They obviously listen to feedback.  But they aren't Burger King.  You don't place your order at the counter and a minute later out pops your BF your way.   

GAmes got made in the past without "social media."   And arguably were better games back in the day.  AT least in some ways.  
    Gives people an idea on whether or not they should continue playing or move on to games with a discernible future.
  • Redstripe101
    2586 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 1
    trip1ex wrote: »

So its completely acceptable to imply, plan, and implement a link between gamer and developer but when questioned it shouldnt matter? Sure, I'll just trust they fix the game? Social media is now the largest marketing platform in the world, customer engaged marketing is also the leading strategy to creating and capturing value. Both of those require consumer feedback and rebuttal.