The LS/26 is pretty nice

thebossman2202
401 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
It give you two options, you can have mini dmr with single tap or a more accurate FG-42.

Of course the FG-42 shreds regardless and is a much better option, but instead of having only 2 lmgs I like, now I have 3.

Nice addition, anybody else like it?

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    7581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Too few shots for its RoF and damage model
  • GuangFuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KE7, Bren, Lewis, FG-42 are still better.
    It’s at the bottom of LMG category.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    I don't really feel how this lmg can compete with already existing ones. If you want great accuracy you pick Bren. If you want high rof for close range engagements you pick fg-42. And Lewis is still the best overall MG. Ls/26 is nothing of those.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2244 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's OK as a more run and gun LMG ala the BAR in BF1.  Though if you want to use that play style you'd choose assault.
  • zenn_nme
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Doesn't feel like the BAR to me, also not (more) accurate at range at all.
  • Trokey66
    9038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It is by no means bad and is usable but there are better options.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2244 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    We could do with a Chauchat type, or even the gun itself, with a slow ROF but higher damage. 
  • StrikerLeecy126
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I love it's hip fire accuracy especially when specific specialization is upgraded. However, I think the recoil pattern of 3x scope is bugged, it's too uncontrollable, the reticle shakes a lot, and I think it's even worse than FG-42 while it's pretty easy to control when using AA sight or iron sight, even feels better than Bren.
  • TheNoobPolice
    1616 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Too few shots for its RoF and damage model
    This. It would need approx 25% less horizontal wiggle for it to be effective with the mag size in my opinion, and / or an end-damage buff. The hrec prevents 100% hitrate at even just 40m. Might as well just use the Bren. The meta in this game on nearly all maps is predicated upon 40m-70m engagement distances and is the reason why the SARs and MMGs are so dominant overall.

Still no real reason to play Support in this game unless you want to be a cancerous MMG milsim dumber. Either the 1907 or any of the best SARs are still light years ahead of anything for actual FPS players.

Still, this is what happens to weapon balance when you remove spread increase and expect to be able to balance guns over ranges purely by recoil and damage.
  • GrinddalDDG
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It is a nice weapon, but jesus the reloads are constant.
  • xKusagamix
    1169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    Although i love it but after a few rounds, there's some serious flaw in the damage model in BFV, every LMGs have the same max damage output upclose even when it has such a horrible ROF, for something that has that kind of ROF like the LS/26, there should be some slight advantage in max damage upclose because it's all 25 damage.

At medium to long range it can't beat other LMG either.
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    As long as I can spank with it I'm fine with what it is.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LS/26 is decent.  But the clip of 20 bullets isn't much.  Shame they didn't have the specialization of the 75 drum add on.  I haven't tried all the LMG's yet either.  I still have to try the Bren,FG-42,Lewis.  I mainly used the KE7.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've had fun using it, but then I like to grind away at even the less effective weapons just to see what I can do with them.  Thinking of it as an AR rather than an LMG helps, that way you don't rely on volume and play like you have a huge magazine to substitute for accuracy.  As others have pointed out it has decent hipfire even if you haven't chosen those specs.