The purpose of this discussion is talk about features that would make firestorm more enjoyable and create lasting "battlefield moments". I've tried to order them based on the technical difficulty of making them.
- Game load - The game should start immediately once all players are in the game. This is personally the single largest reason I don't play firestorm, it takes to long to load compared to how quick you can die.
- Specialization - Classes NEED to bring something to the table. Faster revive / respawn mechanic (medic), more explosive damage (assault), spotting last longer (recon), carry more ammo (support). Just something...
- Weekly cosmetic unlock- These are cosmetic items that can only be unlock through firestorm challenges.
- New Gamemodes - We see all these variations on the core games, with grind, rush, squad conquest, etc. Lets see DICE give us a fresh take on battle royal. Examples:
* Hardcore mode- Fast paced gamemode, no lobby, no armor, no tanks, just soldiers fighting each other and surviving the firestorm.
* Easter Egg Mode - A PVE variant where players have to work together / betray each other while solving puzzles, surviving the firestorm and "other dangers". Put on your "tin can hats" - Do you have what it takes to solve the mysteries of the firestorm before it closes in on you?
* Drop Zone - A tournament style pvp mode that transitions from infantry to vehicle warfare. The entire map is on fire aside from x number of drop zones. Squads fight to win a drop zone and are rewarded with a tank(s) to survive the firestorm. They then battle it out with the last surviving squads in all out tank warfare.
* ? - discuss other possible variants in the comments.
- Remove vehicle enter/exit animations and allow crazy stuff like flying tanks/jeeps.
- Weapons should be customizable - with Tier 3 being rare items.
- Players Downed - This needs to be reworked. The animation for picking up players should be better. Players who are killed by headshot or knife should be killed, not downed. Downed Player state should be easier to aim / mark and move around up but without a gun.
- Respawn Mechanic - Just like in apex, you should be able to revive team mates. It keeps the game more interesting.
- Deathbox- DICE, just listen to the community and admit the loot mechanics was a bad idea. It doesn't work.
- Buildable traps and Fortifications - Allow players to build fox holes to survive artillery strikes, or cut down trees for traps.
- New Maps - Honestly just mix and match existing or future maps for this. Good Example: "Caspian Border? In early playtests it could also be seen in the far backdrop of Death Valley" - Niklas Astrand