Community Broadcast - Visibility Improvements

Braddock512
1537 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited May 2019

The dynamic settings in Battlefield V range from mountainous desert ranges to snow-capped peaks, destroyed city centers, and more.

With various weather systems and times of day, coupled with these different biomes, visibility is key to a successful engagement on the battlefield.

WHY WE MADE CHANGES

From launch we’ve been reading, and watching  many of the discussions that the community have had. One topic that we know the community is quite vocal and very passionate about, is player visibility.

Being able to see the enemy in dimly lit rooms, transitioning from indoors to outdoors without losing sight of the enemy due to change in environment, distinguishing enemy players from scenery within some maps - all top conversations that we’ve been tracking and working towards implementing fixes and tweaks.

These changes will be dropping in an upcoming update and are directly based on the feedback we’ve received from you. Please do keep this feedback coming.

WHAT WE DID

We're implementing a new soldier visibility system that improves the visibility of soldiers in the game, while maintaining a believable artistic and gameplay balance. As we’ve made these changes we’ve strived towards creating a balance between a realistic soldier outline, while keeping in tune with the games artistic direction. ,

The new system is capable of making soldiers properly visible in very dark and very bright environments, and allows for more consistent visibility across all environmental situations.

The new system also better conserves the colors of a soldier's uniform to prevent very dark or very bright uniforms from having an unintended gameplay advantage. This doesn’t mean your soldier’s uniform skins don’t matter.

You’ll still want to ensure the camouflage you use matches the environment (greens for maps like Twisted Steel, tans and yellows for maps like Hamada) as this will still be the best choice. Previously, the darker uniforms were universally superior, creating an advantage for those that chose them.

Once this update releases (late May), dive in and see how it works. Let us know on the official Battlefield Forums, Battlefield V sub-reddit, Twitter, Facebook, Discord.

Your feedback is important and does help shape the changes we’re making, especially those relating to Quality of Life, please do keep it coming. Thanks for being a part of the Battlefield journey with us.

The Battlefield Team

Post edited by m1k3ol on

Comments

• Lobaaaato
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nice! The last example is great!
  • VOLBANKER
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    AWESOME!!!
  • LutzEgner
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This made me and lots of my friends who don't play much BFV anymore really happy!
  • Giangichi74
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    Good news! I noticed a best visibility on Xbox....really!
  • VOLBANKER
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    These changes do make soldiers look kinda ghost-like though, don't they?

I'll have to play a game with this to see if it looks alright.
  • WindowsManTv_CZE
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nice.!
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    and when are medics getting some better weapons?
  • Larsiussen
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sweet! Looking forward to play some Battlefield Toy Story edition! They look like plastic figurines now instead of soldiers, people complaining about visibility just need to pay more attention.
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Personally I quite like the current visibility levels of the game but meh. I'll reserve judgement until I've actually played with the new character lighting. No sense in pre-judging.
  • DOX_aus
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeh the 'believable' part is a bit of stretch. AT & AP mines next, ppl complain about seeing those too?
  • SpinachVsKale
    185 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love it!! I can't wait to test it out :)
  • AllanHome991
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nice! You guys now are in the right way, thanks to hear the community.
  • crusam7
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeeeeees its so better, visibilty or movements or any other things  the game should be fun ,  i loved BF3 becouse he was well balanced between realisme and fun , he was a injoyable game while keeping some realism  . Who want a realistic game there is Arma. Good work DICE cant wait becouse the game right now is unplayable for me without frustration , the game is a campingfield, a Paradise for toxic players, that will help them to move their  *** and star to learn how to play a multiplayer game.
  • AdeniaI
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crusam7 said:
    Yeeeeees its so better, visibilty or movements or any other things  the game should be fun ,  i loved BF3 becouse he was well balanced between realisme and fun , he was a injoyable game while keeping some realism  . Who want a realistic game there is Arma. Good work DICE cant wait becouse the game right now is unplayable for me without frustration , the game is a campingfield, a Paradise for toxic players, that will help them to move their  *** and star to learn how to play a multiplayer game.
    Exagerrate much ? "unplayable, toxic, camperfield, frustration". Is this game torturing you? Do you need to exagerrate so much to validate your points or perspective ? Also its nice you have idea of how other players should play. I guess you consider yourself as community as well ?
  • Noodlesocks
    3593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    Looks better.

MachoFantast1c0 says, just needs to fix the inertia and momentum issues the game suffers from.
    Post edited by Noodlesocks on